Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Knock for Room 206

2 posters

Go down

A Knock for Room 206 Empty A Knock for Room 206

Post by The Spider Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 am

When Spider woke up she was immediately suspicious. She noticed the covers on top of her and felt the lingering effects of her Father's protection spell buzzing around her but those weren't the cause. She had no device to tell her for sure but she suspected the light shining through the window was not the light of the day that she'd fallen asleep.

How energy moved inside of her told her this. It stretched out through her like a lazy cat. She felt the internal purr. It was the process of replenishing and that could not happen within a few hours. Neither could the ease of sitting up without stings or aches. These things felt good. Enough to raise her arms overhead and her legs out in front of her. She bent and stretched. She felt the energy within shift in reaction. Satisfaction swelled. Master Chambers had said four days and already she was proving stronger than that.

Spider felt more like herself. Casting her honey-bright eyes around she saw that Jamison was not here. She took advantage of this by bathing and grooming. Afterwards she pulled fresh clothes from inside of her enchanted jacket where all her things were stored. This time she wore a long red dress. It was the same bright shocking red as her roots. It had a high starched collar, big starched cuffs and buttons all the way down the center. This garment covered all her markings. Around her waist she pulled on a black corset that laced up the front. She laced it tightly to further accentuate the hourglass figure of her body. Around her neck were two pieces of jewelry. The large onyx and sterling silver necklace which was a powerful family heirloom that she wore always. Today she added a black choker with a silver pendant of a spider sitting on a web.

She put her black coat over this. She rarely went traveling without her coat. It was the influence of Jamison's teaching. Always be prepared. Before she left his room she ran a brush through her hair. Three smooth strokes. For Spider threes had deep meaning.

The walk wasn't long. Up a flight of stairs and down the second floor hallway to Room 206. Spider knocked on the door. Sharp strikes of her knuckles that totaled three. Normally before she met a stranger she would cast protection around her. Because she was still recuperating she would trust Jamison and rely on the protection spell he cast on her when she went to sleep. He better hope it proved enough.

She was here to see the one who lived here about Father's books. She clasped her hands in front of her, stood rigidly and waited.

The Spider
The Spider

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

A Knock for Room 206 Empty Re: A Knock for Room 206

Post by Gwenie! Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Gwen, the lover of holidays, was nestled in her room, making Valentine’s Day cards. She knew that one could go into town, and purchase such novelties, but she liked making them from the heart, to those that were dear to her. Her room looked like a tornado had hit, the floor was covered in many art supplies, bottles of glitter, construction paper to name a few were all over. Half done creations were hung up on a line of string she had tied between the chair and a nail in the wall. They were held up with wooden clothes pins that she had gotten on one of her ventures into town.
When she heard the door, she looked over to the door, from the floor where she was laying on her belly. Her long auburn locks were pulled back into a loose, messy bun upon the top of her head. She learnt the hard way how hard it was to get hardened glue out of one’s hair. Dressed in a pair of pink sweat pants that had two small hearts over the butt area, with a matching pink tank top, the sort that had a single strip of fabric on the back, just in case. “I’m coming door!” Yes she knew the door wasn’t knocking on itself, or at least she hoped it wasn’t the door, her sister’s door was enough to drive a girl crazy! Pushing herself off the floor into a seated position, then standing, she walked over to the door. The black stocking feet barely made a noise.
Pulling open the door, she would smile to the stranger standing there. “Hello! I’m Gwen. Are you new here? I don’t think I have seen you before.” A pause, before a smile slipped over her lips, not daunted yet. “I’m making Valentine’s Day cards! It’s sneaking up on us! And I have to make my mom a super special card.” A cheerful glittered covered Gwen addressed the woman at the door. Not to mention there was a upside down heart sticker, red in color stuck upside down on her right cheek.

Gwenie!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

She was glad to hear the voice within and for the opening door. If the tenant wasn't home it would have set Spider back. The view once the door opened she didn't expect. The holiday for love and lovers. Spider and her wife had never celebrated it and she was glad for that now. She didn't need any pangs of nostalgia. The fact that she was here on another planet forced to turn to Father for help was enough reminder that Zalina was missing.

Spider's hands were still clasped in front of her. Her honey-bright eyes looked at the hanging bits briefly. "I haven't done that since I was a child." She didn't mean to be aggressive or offensive. She was just very direct. Always. She remembered Jamison's wish for her to be nice to this friend of his. She cleared her throat and tried again. "The holiday was different back then." Over a century ago was when Spider was a child. Wizards aged differently. If Gwen knew Jamison well perhaps she knew this fact.

With strangers and most people Spider was very poised and composed. Almost regal in her gothic way. It was no different now. Gwen's question had made her nose twitch. She wasn't sure how to handle it. Direct was the choice. "You're acquainted with my Father. Jamison LeFey. He's bid me read books of his that are currently in your possession. I will return them to you quickly." She would make them a fast read.

Spider didn't say anything about the sticker on Gwen's cheek. To each their own.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 pm

But Gwendolyn would not know any of that, about her visitor at the door, so she wouldn’t of had a clue to tone it down a bit. Though if she would of shown a sadness about the holiday she would of felt bad, so that was another good thing. The words did cause a giggle to escape Gwendolyn. The smile did not falter either. “I make them every year, though this year I have a lot more to make then the last few years.” She gave a small bob of her head. “Did you want to come in and make one for someone?” She thought she would offer, it was the polite thing to do, was it not?

She was quiet long enough to let the woman get her words out. “Oh! Jamison is a nice man. Very informational, and helps me get my facts more…straight.” She grinned to the woman at her door. “Well between him and a few others, I thought that vampires ate brains for the longest time.” A small frown at herself before she nodded, “Oh! I almost forgot, let me go grab those books for you. You can come in if you want too.” She might of hesitated asking the lady in, but she said she was related to Jamison, and she did not think that Jamison would send anyone to her rooms, if he didn’t think that they were safe. Safe as in not wanting to do her bodily or spiritual harm.

Gwen ducked into her room, leaving the door open, weather the woman wanted to come in or not was up to her. A few moments later she came back with the books in her hands, moving to where the woman stayed. “Here you go!” She gave another smile. And it was probably best not to mention the sticker, for she did not know it was there, and that could very well embarrass her.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Spider cast a look of disbelief at this chipper female. She couldn't imagine a life where she was able to busy herself with paper crafts. Even when her life was at its smoothest. "No, I do not." A small sigh followed. She was bid by Father to make an effort. Again she would add to her words. "How fortunate you must feel to have the need to make so many." Smalltalk was not one of her gifts. She couldn't even muster flirtation. While Spider was attracted to women this one was very different than her type.

Gwen's invitation to enter fueled a triumphant smile. Spider was invited to cross the threshold. This meant her magic would not weaken if she entered the dwelling. If she had case to use it. She didn't expect to have reason to but she was ever prepared.

She entered but took few steps beyond the doorway. She certainly didn't sit. Her hands were and would remain clasped until she had need to do otherwise. "Many humans consider eating the brains of animals a delicacy. Still others consider eating the brains of humans or other sentient races a means of gaining power. Anyone can eat a brain if they have an inclination." Was that satisfactory smalltalk?

Spider worked hard to keep the snide out of her smirk. To keep a straight impassive face. Still to hear Father called, "Informal?" This woman must be a special consort. "Do you visit Father at the noontime hour?" It was the most tactful way she could think of to ask if Gwen and Jamison shagged. Father was not a very informal man so this woman and he had to have something.

She accepted the books with a nod. Turning them on their side to see the titles. "What need have you to get your facts of the Fae straight?" Spider chose to look directly at Gwen after asking. But she didn't look Gwen in the eyes. Rather just over them.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 am

Gwendolyn had many hobbies, the paper crafting was just the best one for the holiday times. At least, that’s what she felt. And it was rather hard to garden in the snow. Though if one put enough time and thought, perhaps it would be more feasible. But her thoughts were fluttering around, when she caught the woman’s words. A small laugh, “After the past few years, I am very glad to have friends.” She gave a bob of her head. She knew it was not for everyone, but she had to offer, even if the woman had said yes it would of thrown her off of track. Not that it was very hard to do.

Now she had Gwen’s attention, her gaze landed upon the woman, just shy of her eyes, though her own eyes darted about. “Really? I would imagine them to be too gooey.” She gave the woman a questioning look. “As a means of gaining power? How would one gain power from eating another’s brains? Would they eat the brains of a smart person to become smarter? And perhaps if you liked someone’s magic you would eat their brains to try to get their magic?” It was a logical step, the woman had no fear that Gwen would try to eat brains. That would not be nice.

Then she had a question to answer, and Gwen had fluttered to look at something else, perhaps she was looking to see if the glue had dried on round one of her cards. She then turned to smile back to the woman. “He is very patient with my questions.” She gave a small nod of her head, that made sense to her, didn’t it? Do you visit father at the noontime hour? What a strange questions. “I have visited him at the noontime hour I am sure, along with many other hours as well. Is there something special about visiting at noon?” Her head tilted in question.

She was not thrown off by the question, surely people would wonder about her books of choice, that she randomly rotated between. “I am very curious about the many other species that I have ran across, and I found out that I have many of them confused. My bff is very helpful for that, as is your father, about the fae. I met a male fae, his name is Willow, but he’s bad news.” She gave a firm nod of her head. For that was what she believed now. “Can you believe he tried to bring me a present, which is a really nice thing, but I have a kitten,” Her voice dropped low when she said that, even though Leoette was oddly no where to be seen right now. “And he tried to manipulate her mind. Luckily your father was passing, and he helped my kitty.” She frowned thinking about it. “My poor little kitty.”
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am

Now Spider understood Jamison's interest in this resident. So many questions. Father delighted in waxing on any subject and feeling wizened. Jamison was not the only LeFey who was intelligent. Her reply would demonstrate. "The only bits of brain I have handled were preserved and quite old. Cheetah brain." Pause. She would clarify. "For a potion that granted speed. It was very successful."

Her thumb smoothed over the jackets of the books. Spider could feel her Father in them. He had owned them for a very long time so they sang with his energy. She could cast a circle right now and use any one of them to find his location if she wanted. She had no need for that. Just passing thoughts.

"The first theory you posed is correct. The brain is seat to the powers of the mental and physical plane. The heart is seat to the powers of the emotional and spiritual plane. To gain someone's magic that is a different plane entirely, however. Are you Wizard?" The question was abrupt. So was Spider's scrutinizing gaze. So many questions and a cohort of Father's. This one could be his newest pupil.

She let Gwen's words come without further interruption. Her expression hardening. "Then he can manipulate your mind." Emphasis on your. "Father has told you this? And to never accept a present from the Fae. He must have told you this too. The Fae are driven by desire. All they do, say, offer or give is to try and get that desire." Spider was surprised at her level of urgency. Why did she feel her magic prickling over her when this was a simple stranger and there was no reason to invest care?

Still the words came. "Their tricks do not end until they are defeated or have their desire. Their rules are not yours. What you do not think is accepting their bargain can be a trap laid to trick you into acceptance. Such as accepting a gift. Or weakening your…will." She felt ill. Within her two things warred. One, the irony of warning this stranger when she had scorned her Father's warnings about the Fae thus far. Two, the Fae blood within her surged. Protesting her speaking against her Own. Disloyalty was a melancholy sickness. She felt like her insides shed tears.

"Pardon." Spoken as a matter of course. Spider knew she looked unwell and that is something the British apologized for. She drew a slow breath and turned her honey eyes to the window. The sight of the outdoors would soothe her. In the meantime. "If you haven't read these yet I question taking their knowledge from you." Spider extended the books back to Gwen. She too was in great need of the information but she now suspected there were other means to get it if necessary. Means Father would not agree with but when did they ever agree?

Oh yes. Father. "To visit at the noontime hour is a polite way of speaking of casual fornication." This resident did know was fornicating was didn't she?
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:07 am

Gwendolyn loved getting her questions answered, it was keeping them all organized in her mind, that she tried to overstuff full of knowledge that got her. She would get there eventually, perhaps it would also help if she read one book at a time, or studied just one subject at a time, instead of usually having three books open around her grabbing them willy nilly. “So seeing that they were well preserved does that mean that they were not overly gooey?” A small blink before she clapped her hands together. “That is very good that they did work with what you wished to use them in.” She was one of those usually happy, yet a cheerleader for the girl as well. She did not have to know that girl or her name, she could just be happy that what she had attempted had worked out.

Her nose wrinkled, “Does that mean if one wanted to take over the persons emotions they would have to eat the heart.” That just was not a very happy thought in the least. That sounded worse to Gwen then eating brains. She shifted her weight from foot to foot. Before a simple shake of her head. “I’m not a wizard.” It looked as if she might say more, but instead she filled in with, “Just a Gwen.” She was still working on telling people what she was and what she wasn’t. Now the fact that the lady in her room called Jamison her father, before Gwen would of trusted her and shared all her secrets but the lessons were finally getting into her head. If she was someone else she might of questioned the lady being Jamison’s daughter, but that wouldn’t cross her mind, she still took people at their word.

“He did tell me not to accept gifts, because they usually have strings.” She was not quoting of course here, but she blinked, “I don’t remember him saying that they can control the mind.” She frowned a bit, “But that makes sense seeing he tried to control Leoette’s mind.” She frowned once more. That still upset her. She was more likely to forgive someone for messing with her then messing with those she held dear. She did listen to the words, for this woman was not the first or the only to warn her.

She did notice how the woman did look as if she was unwell, and she had opened her mouth right after the woman said Pardon me. “Do you want me to open a window? Would that help?” She tried to calm down the questions she did not want to throw to many things at the woman at once. She had moved over towards her, but did not invade the personal bubble, but just in case she needed anything, Gwen wanted to be able to help her. Instinctively.

Gwen did not take the books back, she shook her head. “No no no…its okay you need them now. I can always borrow books again. Besides, I am going to be busy getting these cards all made. And my moms birthday is on Valentines Day too so I have a lot of work!” She smiled towards her once more. “So it is better that you look for what you need within the pages, then them sit here while I can’t read them.”

Gwen blinked a moment, “Casual fornication?” She ran over to a rather thick book and flipped through it, reading aloud. “ Fornication: Sex outside of marriage.” She looked at the book and then looked over at the woman, and then back to the book, blushing, as the book fell out of her hands. She was as red as a cherry tomato. “I……” And that was about all the woman was going to get on that subject!
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:07 am

Spider didn't know much about cheerleaders. By choice not accident. Gwen could cheerlead for Spider's potion if she wished. To Spider the success of the potion was natural as she was a LeFey. She answered Gwen's questions to be polite and was brief on both accounts. "The brain matter was dried. Many creatures can thieve emotions by much easier means. Should you be interested Father can teach you I'm sure." Emotions were a useful fuel for magic. Especially strong ones. Most Wizards used their own but on some occasions they cast rituals to syphon the emotions of others.

Then Spider waved her hand dismissively. The window could remain closed. To open it would have brought ease but she was stubborn and proud. "I am fine. Gwen." She repeated her name just as the resident spoke it. Names had power. Gwen was not enough of her name for the repetition to have an effect. Not that Spider wished to spellcast. Had she given more of her name when Spider repeated it all Gwen would have felt was a tickle. Like a breeze on the back of the neck, the feeling of a connection being established. But this didn't happen. All that happened was a name in return. "I am Spider." The spider pendant on her choker was no accident.

"The Fae can do many things. Depending on their kind." That remark was not disparaging so no further sickness came. What ill feelings she brought upon herself were easing. Spider straightened and regained her appropriate posturing. She had need to maintain control at all times.

The attention Gwen fawned over her paper crafts drew a doubtful look. "With such a nebulous creature interested in you I don't understand why you think your cards more important than arming yourself. I am leaving one of the books. In faith." That this resident would come to her senses and read it post haste. If Jamison had not explicitly told Spider to be nice she would have said as much outright. She did not wait for Gwen's answer. One of the books was placed on the nearest surface as Gwen was picking up one of her own books to reference.

That this resident needed to look up what fornication meant nearly made her laugh out loud. The way she smiled was deviant. If only she found the grossly inexperienced an attraction. She would have hit the honeypot. "You……? I hope this reaction is not indicating offense, and that you have married the Warden? Then again, that would be proper revenge. I didn't invite him to my own wedding you see."

Spider knew it was unlikely that Jamison LeFey had given up his bachelorhood. She was having a lark at Gwen's expense.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:33 am

Gwen had never met a cheerleader either. But she was a very cheerful person. Rooting for those, things and people that needed it, weather they knew they did or not. She gave a small nod of her head listening to Spiders words. “Oh! I wonder….” What she wondered never did come out of her mouth though, for her mind had already moved on to something else.

Her head tilted just a bit, but then she gave a small nod of her head. “Alright.” She would of opened the window had the woman requested it. Gwen’s windows were oft open a crack at least. Well when the weather was warmer. She did not crack it so often now for she did not wish to get a chill, and fall ill again, that one bout was enough for her. She smiled to the woman. “Tis very nice to meet you Spider.” That was a name that Gwen would surely remember. It would be then that she would indeed notice the spider upon the woman’s neck ware. She was just so happy to meet someone new, that she had not taken in full the details of the woman.

“Yes! Jamison was telling me a little bit of that, before he loaned me the books. But I have not gotten to the mind part. I should not like someone controlling my mind.” She frowned. The young woman was usually most chipper and full of good cheer but some things caused such a reaction. Not that it ever lasted long, she was the sort that had a hard time holding onto a grudge. Though her grudge against Willow was easier to hold onto, for one she had not seen him in a while, and two it involved her beloved pet.

Gwen gave a dainty shrug of her shoulders. “If I spent all my time reading up on what may or may not happen, it would take away the small pleasures in my life.” She shook her head lightly, “And Willow doesn’t live here, surely he has found other things to occupy his time, then lil ole me.” She let out a soft laugh, “Mayhaps he even thinks I am not as innocent anymore, seeing he wanted me to share that with him, and he will not bother with me.” It was a thought, though she had done nothing that would cause her to lose said innocence.

Now, Gwen was at a loss for words, and then Spider questioned her on what she had said. The color did not fade she did stay rather red. “I…haven’t….ever…you know.” Her voice had dropped down. “Married the Warden?” She blinked and looked at Spider her head shaking. “I haven’t married anyone. The Warden is not my hero… he’s my friend. You don’t think I’m suppose to marry the Warden…” She looked around, weight shifting once more between her feet. “Do you and your father not get along very well? For you to not have him at the most important day!”

Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 pm

She would let Gwen wonder. It was not her place or desire to answer all questions. Especially if she was Jamison's newest student. Spider had no desire to meddle. If present circumstances with Zalina were different then maybe. Still Spider took pleasure in the change in Gwen's demeanor. It meant she took her predicament with this Fae somewhat seriously and that was a wise decision.

Yet what Gwen said next suggested otherwise. To be prepared above all was the Wizard's best weapon according to Jamison LeFey. "The day I was born the Warden looked into my eyes and I swear in his I saw what preparation incarnate looks like." Spider saw a living breathing fortress. Impenetrable. Now was the first time she admitted recalling anything from the soulgaze with Father at all.

Many things Spider could've added. Information, warnings, philosophies. She chose to say none. Her two cents she had already given and if such was how this resident chose to spend her time so be it. Spider's actions said it all. She took back the one book of Father's that she had intended to leave for Gwen. "Very well." The book was tucked with the rest cradled in her arm.

Honey-bright eyes measured the stammering resident. "You're a virgin." Bluntly put. Not surprising. Gwen just mentioned the Fae was after her innocence. Hard to be innocent in thought and a rabbit in the sack. Not impossible. Just hard. "Don't think? Supposed to?" Echoing she raised her eyebrows. "Not your hero?" Emphasis on hero. Spider shook her head. She wasn't touching any of that with a ten foot pole. Even for a lark.

Then again. "All these crafts and you have not one for Father? Pity." She tisked her tongue disappointed. Heaved a heavy sigh. No Valentines for the Warden. What a shame.

Her measurement of Gwen complete she made her decision. Focusing on the books in her arm. Choosing one she opened it in three different places. Folding the corner of the page down each time dog-earing them. "To ask such about Father and I you risk opening Pandora's Box. It's a family matter." Short as Spider's words were it was a mannerly act. This resident was a friend of Father's. For all her quarrel with the Warden she would not tarnish him to others.

Unless Jamison ever caused her to regret that choice. Then the gloves would come off and manners discarded.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:50 am

Oh yes! Gwen was rather glad that the woman did not pick up the I wonder thing. That would have been dangerous! It was always best, when she was wondering and did not finish the sentence to let it go, unless one was really sure that they wanted to spend however long listening to her going back and forth, and getting peppered with many questions.

Gwendolyn knew she needed to be careful where Willow was concerned, Jamison had gotten through to her on that, but she was not like others in the always being on guard. The girl really did not have much of a guard. Look how easily she had opened up to Spider, with just meeting her. She really wanted to take everyone and everything at face value, even though she knew that she really shouldn’t. That was due to Epiphany’s warnings.

Gwen’s head did bob at the words, ‘You’re a virgin.’ That was what she was trying to say, but she did not know how to word that just so. It was not something she really talked about. Most people could tell just by looking at her, as if she had a flashing sign above her head. Oh, now Spider was really confusing her. But she picked up on one things. “Yes! A hero! Isn’t every girl suppose to have a hero?“ Her word hero did not have a specific gender, even if for Gwendolyn her hero happened to be male.

She looked at Spider, “Of course, I have one for your father! Why wouldn’t I make one for Jamison?” She looked rather perplexed by that. And funny thing was once Spider left, Gwen would probably make her one too, simply for stopping by while she was creating the others. Not that she would think that Spider would care one way or the other, for she did not know Gwen from Eve, but Gwen would know.

Watching the other woman as she opened the book and marked the pages, and the words, she blinked. “Oh! I am sorry! I just…I don’t know.” Sometimes she did not think before she spoke, she had a bad habit of doing such. She was the sort that wanted to make everything all better, even knowing that she couldn’t always fix things. People being sad or upset around her, upset her, as well. One would not cry alone if Gwen was around.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Isn't every girl supposed to have a hero. She almost laughed. Or scoffed. Instead she measured Gwen with her honey-bright eyes. Her stare could cut right into the soul. Or feel that way. Still she made no direct eye contact. "I see why Father fancies you. Your thinking is dated. So is his." Spider felt this to be a just observation and she was direct in speaking it as was customary for her.

She lifted her chin. A posture of power. Confident in her smile. She spoke with confidence too. "I prefer to be the hero, Gwen. In all manners of relation." Emphasis on all. Not that she expected this virgin to understand her multilayered meaning. "Waiting for others to save the day for them does not make a competent Wizard." She was a more than competent Wizard.

She was mischievously delighted to hear Jamison would get a Valentine. "He will be pleased. Do consider delivering it at noon. It could prove heroic." Spider believed that a good rodgering would help Father considerably. Maybe he'd be less of a drudge.

By the time Gwen apologized for her personal question Spider was at the door. "Consider it lucky you don't. I am taking my leave. The books will be returned to you expediently." She felt she upheld niceties long enough. She showed herself out but let the door stand open. Its resident could take care of the business of shutting it.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 pm

She shifted her weight from foot to foot, under that gaze. She wasn’t used to getting such looks, and it was rather hard for her not to turn her head and stare back, but she did not. It would not of been a mean stare, but more like a child, when they got the look of an adult, almost being looked down upon. She knew her way of thinking wasn’t the popular way, she had been told time and time again, but that wasn’t going to change her. It wasn’t in her to think like everyone else. Gwen then couldn’t help but laugh, “Tis my mother’s fault….my way of thinking.” She nodded, because the words, did remind Gwendolyn of her mother, and if she heard herself waxing about a hero, it would be the same.

She looked thoughtful, and then she smiled over at Spider. Perhaps missing the whole thing about Spider wishing to be the hero. “I didn’t know that there are female wizards.” Now that was something she was going to go to the library to look up. She never really learnt to much because she was always reading to many books.

Gwen gave a small nod of her head at Spiders words. “Iffen he doesn’t show up at the bar, I will take it to him a noon.” Though she had already forgotten the whole reason behind the noontime hour.

She followed behind Spider to the door. “Thank you. It was nice meeting you.” And then once Spider had exited and took a few steps Gwendolyn would shut the door behind her, and move back to finish up the Valentine Cards.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down