Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Unexpected Return... {Open To Anyone And Everyone}

2 posters

Go down

A Unexpected Return... {Open To Anyone And Everyone} Empty A Unexpected Return... {Open To Anyone And Everyone}

Post by Brayden Alexander Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:45 am

How the times, have changed. Just when things seem to be going so well. The more things seem to be going so well. The more they truely aren't. The more they can change. The more they will change. The story that seemed to be told for more then one person in this world. Is the same story that could have been told for this man. Things had been going good for him. Things had been going almost perfect for him. He had his boys, he had his life in order. In order...

Just one moment, that was all it took. All it took for everything to come crashing down on him. One chance encounter so many months ago, setting forth the chain of events that have led to this moment in time. This moment. Never really did he imagine this would ever happen. Little did he know, when he buried his own brother, that he was burying nothing more then a empty shell. It all started with those dreams. As vivid as they were, they were just dreams...

But dreams, they were not supposed to be this real. They were supposed to be just that, dreams. Dreams became that voice that stuck with you. Always in your ear, letting you know you weren't alone. It started as a single whisper here, a single word there. Maybe you were hearing things, maybe you weren't. But each time, it felt more and more real. As though the source was standing there right next to you. Then that fateful day arrived...

That day, how could he forget it. That day he discovered it wasn't just him, it wasn't just Aiden, it wasn't just Gavin. That day he discovered that the three of them were not alone. There was one more person there with them. He had gotten what he wanted, Kyle knew that now. But now that was then. This....This was now, standing inside that in once more. Those eyes of his scanning what he had walked away from those months ago, what he, in his own mind had to walk away from...

Not that walking away helped, amazing how everything came full circle wasn't it? Once more eyes scanned this room, black shoes covered his feet, oversized black cargo pants upon his legs. His upper body adorned by a oversized black hoodie. Those hands of his leaving that front pocket, hands covered by the sleves of that hoodie. Moving up to the hood part, thumbs from both hands sneaking out of the hole on each sleve for them to come out on there own, moving that hood from his head. Black hair, frosted with a combination purple and dark blue. Somewhat normal for him. About the only thing anymore about him that was normal...

Steps finally taken from the doorway he was standing in. Further into the room, about a good ten feet from the doorway he stood now. Looking off into the back of the room, a glance around that room once more, eyes searching. Finding no one at that moment...

"Of course...no one is here. Doesn't that figure with my luck..."

No sooner had words finished. He just allowed those eyes of his to scan that room once more, coming to stop finally at a random spot. Once more movements took him further into that room, his back remaining upon the wall Movements stopping him just inside a shadow that had been cast by the wall. Standing there, his arms remaining by his sides, though his own hands spread open now, as though he was standing there, basking in that shadow...

"I hope I see someone soon, this place is...too quiet when your the only one here, really it is..."

Eyes, remaining closed, feet took him a few more steps, until he was completely engulfed by that shadow he was now standing in. A single, lonely sigh leaving him. As he lowered his head now, his eyes opening once more, to just gaze at the floor, that single spot there, he just stared as though he was in his own little world for a moment, his attention fully given to that spot, as he took in what was around him. His attention finally brought back by a single familar voice that rang within his ear...

"Alone? You are not alone, you know that. I've been right here with you the whole time...my brother...

Words rang in his ear, and his head lifted up slightly, those eyes of his glazed over for those few seconds that, he heard that single voice, his lips turning upward into an evil...evil grin...
Brayden Alexander
Brayden Alexander

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

A Unexpected Return... {Open To Anyone And Everyone} Empty Re: A Unexpected Return... {Open To Anyone And Everyone}

Post by Aleshanee Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Shane had been sick, and due to said sickness she had not left her room for quite sometime. Some might of assumed that she was away from the Inn or maybe they just thought that when they called upon her room, that she simply wasn't answering the door. But the plain truth was she was sick, fever, throwing up, snuffy nose, the whole ten yards. The few times she had called out of her room for Winston, he had not responded, so she figured when she had called out and later when she ventured out to get some soup, it was simply times when he was out. She was sure with him sleeping on the couch, for that was what she did believe he was still doing, that he would of heard the loud sniffles and the coughing, let us not forget the cough that would make a smoker proud.

Today was merely the first day she was able to get out of bed, actually stand in the shower for twenty minutes to clean up, and not be completely out of energy. Her nose was still red, nothing to be done for that, but at least the rest of her was now in working order. She was almost fully fixed and back in the saddle again. Of course, when one had no company but the four walls for a long period of time, though she did have a few romance books about, she was sick of staying in her room.

And so she would leave her rooms, noticing once more that Winston wasn't on the couch again. Her brow would wrinkle but she didn't think to much of it, just bad timing, right? Making her way out of her room, and down the steps, and she was pretty much wandering around aimlessly, until she stumbled upon the room with the figure in it.

Now what did she do? Should she make her presence known to the other in the room or should she turn and walk away. What mood was she suited to at the moment? With this girl one might never know what they are going to get. So she would lick her dry lips before speaking. " Are the shadows moving yet?"
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

A Unexpected Return... {Open To Anyone And Everyone} Empty Re: A Unexpected Return... {Open To Anyone And Everyone}

Post by Brayden Alexander Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 am

Or so he thought he was alone. One voice, he had recgonized. The voice only he could hear. That voice that seemed to torment him. At times mock him. But he was used to it, he lived with it each and everyday. He had to learn to live with it, because it was part of who he was now. Not accepting it was something that just could not be done...

Embraced it. That was what he had learned to do with that voice he always heard. That voice that begged at times to make itself known. But now there was another. Another voice, that wasn't familar to him. Another voice that he had, just now heard for as far as he remembered the very first time. Could he had been wrong, yes he could have. It wouldn't have been the first time. God knows with Kyle, it would not be the last...

That voice heard now, and he stood there quietly, his eyes remaining now on that back wall. The woman's voice running through his head for a few moments. Trying to process who it was, but not getting anywhere. No big surprise there. Finally a hand moved from his side, moving up to his hair, running through that purple and dark blue frosted hair. His movemenst finally taking control, turning him around...

And the first thing she would get from him? That almost little boyish smile of his. Brown eyes scanned over her, from her head, down to her feet, and back up to her eyes. He gazed over her, taking her form in. Feet moved once more now, taking him a few steps towards her, stopping about halfway to her...

"Na, it hasn't moved. Which is a good thing, I like the dark, it's so peaceful. Some people might think of fear and well, scary stuff when it comes to the dark. But most people seem to forget just how peaceful it can be. But then again, that's just me. I could be and probably am wrong..."

He allowed a tiny laugh to leave him. His hands having moved from their place at his side, Somehow managing to make their way back to their home inside that front pocket of his hoodie. His eyes, they remained on her still studying her, trying to place a name with the face. He knew he had seen her around, before he had taken off...

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were there. I think I kinda zoned out for a moment or two. I am sorry though if you have been standing there long..."
Brayden Alexander
Brayden Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Was one ever truly all alone? Even when another wasn't present in a vision, did that mean that they were alone? Chocolate orbs were moving around the room, almost looking to see if any shadows were dancing about, when he turned to face her. Her own eyes would lift from the floor to land upon his features. When he moved half way towards her, she didn't budge. Someone might not budge and others might move to meet him halfway, but not Shane, not yet. If it had been any other type of smile, she probably would of keep her features impassive, but it was a boyish grin, so the corners of her lips curled upwards, into a smile.

At his words, she let out a laugh. "I take it you are not afraid of the things that go bump in the night?" She paused, "No night light for you huh?" She was the sort that did not need a night light either, nor was she scared of what else was in the dark with her, in fact the thought of something else being in the dark was a bit, exciting. But that is a story for another is it not, yes yes it is. She gave a small shrug of her shoulders, "People don't know what the are missing."

"I have only been here a few moments." Of course, she did recognize him, he was the guy that showed her to her room, but forgot to give her the tour of the place! Maybe it was the look upon his face, that had her thinking maybe she would take pity on him, and fill in the blanks, instead she would just give him a hint. "You never did give me that tour of this place." She smirked, before she continued, "You look like you've been gone for a while." There was just a look upon him.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brayden Alexander Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:11 am

Words were spoken. And he listened, to them. Those brown eyes, still refusing to leave the woman in front of him. The only movement from him at that moment now, was him allowing his head to tilt over to the side, just as she spoke what she did. It was almost as though a lightswitch flipped on in his head. Finally realizing why it was he thought she looked familar...

"Oh....yea! I remember you now. I'm sorry I never did give you that tour. Honestly I don't even remember why I didn't give it to you. I don't remember much from back then. It's just been one thing after another you know?..."

Once more, that boyish smile of his was flashed, as he fiddled around again where he stood. Once again with his hands. This time pulled those all but his thumbs covered hands out from that front pocket bringing them down to his sides once more, the sleves of that hoodie once again covering those hands, just his thumbs sticking out of the holes that he had put in there for them...

"Yea, it's been a while since I have been here. Things going on you know? Family things that needed to be taken care of. But for the most part they have been handled, so now here I am back again. Is that a good thing? I don't know, thats not up for me to decide. All I know is this is more like a fresh start..."

Mouth closed as he thought about what it was he had just said, a little piece of quietness coming over the air for a moment. Before an idea popped into his head. Which in and of itself could be a cause for concern. Concidering how it was his mind worked...

"You know, I just got an idea, since I am talking about fresh starts and all. Maybe sometime later I can give you that tour of this place. Yes, I know you already know where pretty much everything is. but I do oh you a tour. I mean, that is if you wanted to. If not, no worries or anything like that. Then again, it might end up being you that gives the tour, if this place has changed at all since, I've been gone..."

Mouth closed once more, after those final words. Not wanting to talk her ear off, and really to himself he was rambling, and talking without thinking which was always a bad thing with him, concidering how he was. Regardless, he just let his lips turn upwards into another smile, those eyes of his remaining upon her...
Brayden Alexander
Brayden Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:01 pm

She began to feel a bit fidgety, that happened sometimes when someone kept their attention on her, and her fingers were lifted slightly from her sides, and would tap against her leg. If one paid attention to such things, they would know she was tapping out, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Though most did not pay so much attention so it was a good chance that secret was safe. When he said he remembered, those lips would hitch slightly upwards, for a moment. “I am surprised you remember then.” She had not really known much about him, except he was helpful after shooting Epiphany with getting her a room, after that he seemed to of disappeared, at least on her horizon. Not that that said much, the girl was oblivious at times, to things standing right in front of her, and other’s she might surprise you by how much she picks up.

She heard his words, this place was feeling more and more like a fresh start for her as well. If only she could figure out why she dreamed about it in the first place, but she would figure that out later, if it was meant to be. Her head would nod at the appropriate times so that he knew she was listening and not just tuning him out. If she was tuning him out, she would not nod, nor would she let her hazels flicker up at him when he spoke, she would stare off into space, or simply move away. “So basically things have calmed down enough that you can decided you could come back.” She figured she would just sum up everything, don’t ask why, she couldn’t tell you.

Any male getting idea was rather a frightening thought, at least this one did not have steam coming out of his ears, nor was he turning red from holding the steam inside for to long. That was a bonus. She chuckled as she listened to him, that was almost a ramble, something she hadn’t heard in some time. “Actually I would love for a tour once you get settled back in.” She gave a nod of her head, “I haven’t really done to much exploring.” Sniffle, no really she sniffled, remember she had just been rather sick for some time there. “And I have been laid up recently, so I might appreciate the company and the tour of what I have missed. Maybe we will discover something neither of us has seen yet.”

Fingers would slowly stop fiddling, though they were itching to fiddle some more, she was doing her best to hold them still, once she figured out what she was doing. Thinking just a moment, “Did you have anything that you needed help with, seeing you just returned?” Not guaranteeing anything but she thought she would offer, just in case there was something she could help him with.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brayden Alexander Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:26 am

Part of him, expected to hear her say get lost, especially with him rambling on. Most people didn't care much for rambling and thought it rude right? His experences he had with people tended to be more half and half then anything. Some would have told him to get lost. Some stuck around, she looked like she was sticking around. Which was a good thing...

Or was it, with him who knew. Speaking and doing things before he thought about it, that was what he was best known for. All one had to do was ask people that knew him, some of the stories they could have told about him. But that was a story for a different time, and a different place. For now it was back to the moment at hand, now that he had his senses back, and actually realized what it was he had been saying...

Listening to the words she was speaking, his eyes remained upon her own eyes. Studying them more and more now. Her tapping of her fingers, went unnoticed as he continued to study her eyes. The tell tale nod of his own head, showing that he was indeed listening to her words...

"Yea, pretty much that sums up what has been happening and why I left and everything. Plus really it was stuff that I needed to take care of and no one else really needed to worry about. I don't mean to come off rude, or dickish about it. But somethings you know, are better handled without the help of others..."

His body began to rock slightly now, onto his heels for a moment, back onto the balls of his feet. And so on and so forth. It was a normal habit of his. his mouth now, it opened for him to speak, but nothing came out at that moment, it just hit him what she had said about wanting that tour. Which once more, allowed his lips to curl up in that normal little boyish smile of his...

"You, still want that tour? I mean, by all means I'd love to give it to you, granted we might end up lost at some point, but then again that could be fun. Getting lost is always fun, well for the most part, you know what I mean right? Oh don't mind me, this is mostly normal..."

Another nod of his head was offered to her, once again his mouth closing as he thought about what it was he was talking about. Deciding to allow one of his hands to sneak out of that sleve that it was in, bringing fingers up to his hair, those fingertips of his running through the purple and dark blue part of his hair once more...

"Well since we are going to take that tour later on, really all that there is, is my room thing here. I know it's already designed, but shhh, I'm going to redo it, which is probably not the smartest thing to do, concidering my sense when it comes to stuff like that well to be blunt about it, sucks. And I tend to just sit there and stare, trying to figure out what it is I'm gonna do. Basically...I have no clue how I'm redoing it..."

Rambling once again, that horrible horrible habit of his. Maybe one day he would break it. Maybe not, who knew. but for now she was getting the full force of it. His own idle rocking upon his feet finally came to an end now. Another smile given to her. As he now folded his arms up in front of him, resting them upon his stomach, doing what he could to stop fidgetting there in front of her...
Brayden Alexander
Brayden Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 pm

The jury was still out on weather it was a good thing or not, her staying with this rambling man. She also was one that did not take just the first few moments of talking with someone to make her mind up about them. He was good enough when she was checking in, and maybe that bought him some time. Plus, she always hated to be judged only for her looks, when people thought she was just another plastic doll, waiting without a thought in that pretty little head of hers.

Thankfully for Shane, the only one that would know any stories here, that she knew of was Winston. And as he seemed to have disappeared, she did not have to worry about any stories getting repeated. Not that she did anything that anyone would have stories about. Not Shane, nope, never! A fresh start sometimes was a good thing.

She laughed, it burst out from her, right then. “Indeed, and even if you do come off as rude, it’s your own prerogative about what you do and do not do. As what you share and what you keep to yourself.” She did not believe that everyone needed to be an open book, and share everything without one asking the question. Even if someone did ask a question that you did not wish to reply to, why should you feel as if you have to answer it, unless it concerned them, it really wasn’t anyone’s business but your own, right.

And there he went again, talking in circles, she would do her best to follow what he was saying. Her head would nod, as she listened, one hand came up to twirl the ends of a lock of hair. “I would like to get that tour, and who knows maybe we will get lost, maybe we won’t… either way we won’t know until we try it.” Shane used to be a plan everything sort of girl, she was getting better at just taking what came, since coming here.

Laughter escaped again, she wasn’t trying to be mean, but really, he was rambling quite a bit. Even spilling the details of what he was planning on doing, if he ever got to the doing and quit with the planning! Her head tilted as fingers fell back to her sides. “So your planning on redesigning it, but you don’t know if you will ever get out of the planning stage?” She wanted to see if she had followed him right on that whole thing.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brayden Alexander Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:27 pm

And when, when he did plan something, did it ever really go according to plan. At least when it came to him. A plan working out how he had visioned it in his head working. Just because it looked like it was going to work, in his head it really really felt and seemed like it was going to work. Well, actually working that was a different story...

Regardless there was another nod of his head, to her words. That nod in and of itself could have given her the answer. She was absolutely right with her words as to what his plan was. Regardless it also allowed a small laugh to leave him...

"Yea, pretty much that was how it was played out in my head. But I also know it won't go like that, so really in the end. It will be a go with the flow type thing. You know what I mean? I guess when I really look at it, a lot of the stuff that I do, even though it might seem like it is going to be one way in my head. It always turns into a lets just go with the flow and see what happens. And honestly, while it maybe an adventure at times. I have no regrets..."

Words spoken and just like that, it was as though the rambling had come to a complete stop. Like a switch had been flipped in his head. Maybe, it was that just like that he found himself comfortable there with her. Sometimes that was how he was. It just took a bit of time for him to get comfortable. Whatever it was, well who knew...

"You have that right, maybe we will get lost, maybe we won't. One will never know until it happens. Just go with the flow right. That's the best one can do with a lot of things in life. It's just like...a game of poker. When you get dealt your two hole cards. Before you look at them, you always picture a good starting hand. Pocket aces, any two high cards. But once you look at them, and see it's not what you envisioned. Then it becomes, what it is, that you can do, and make out of that starting hand..."

Would she understand any of that? Just depended really. He could always relate life to a hand of poker. So he understood it. If she didn't, maybe sometime he would explain it to her, but that would be only if she wanted him to explain it. Regardless that would be for a different time, or maybe later on, that would be determined by her. His feet would move now, movements taking him closer to where she stood, stopping closer to her, but where she still had her space...

"So what do you say. Why keep standing here, how about I take you on that tour now, we can start in this place, this room, I'll show you around. And lets see what is planned for us. Maybe we will get lost, maybe not. Whatever is meant to happen, well it will. So why worry about what is going to happen, and lets just let it. Right..."

Well the ball was certainly in her court now, wasn't it? And he just stood there, a hand reached out now, being offered to her, as though he was offering her into this place. Eyes remained upon her, watching her, still studying her...
Brayden Alexander
Brayden Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 pm

All of the best laid plans, never seemed to go off without a hitch, and she had a feeling, that their plan to explore might have a few of those hitches laying around. That did not mean that she was going to change her mind, one must ride the waves that came, or be sitting on the bench, wondering what if's. Shane was done with the what if's. When opportunity knock's she wants to throw the door open wide and see what she finds.

Her head was nodding as he spoke, a few times for there were a few times that it did seem appropriate, and so he knew she was, indeed, following along. Fingers flexed, feet moved slightly, though when called upon she could hold a pose for a rather long time, that skill was not needed now, and a part of her was grateful. She rather liked free movement, herself. "I understand that." It was really all that she said.

The fact the rambling did seem to come to a halt, was not lost on her, but just as she did not mention the rambling she would not mention the loss of it either. Perhaps he just picked a lucky day to be coming back, and catching in her just so. Another sniffle, she really wished it would go away, it was the last piece of the cold that just seemed to hang on and hold on.

Now, Shane had played a few hands of poker, but she was never very good at it. Nor did she understand all the rules for the five hundred different versions of the game. Especially when every time someone got her to play a game, they changed the rules, she had them all jumbled up inside of her head. So try as she might, she rather looked, confused. "I must admit I do not know much about poker." Then an idea struck, "Perhaps sometime you might teach me?" Shane enjoyed learning new skills.

He did toss that ball into her court. It was now time to decide if she wanted to take the ball and run, or if she wanted to go home! She had already forgotten what her plan was when she left her rooms, so she might as well take him up on the offer of the tour. "I say, if your offering, let's go on that tour." Which she knew he was offering, or if he changed his mind, that might still pop in there. He did say he wanted to change his room but thought he might never actually do it, was the tour in the same boat as the room?
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down