Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

The Mission

2 posters

Go down

The Mission Empty The Mission

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:02 pm

It had been over a month since the man came to stay at the Inn. At that time, he came in search of a new beginning. However, since then, it has turned more into a dealing with the last ending. What was a simple and innocent stay at a new place quickly turned into a harsh and emotionally pressing blast of reality. Because of all of those things, Derick turned himself into a hermit once again. Only this time he didn't leave and just wander the world for years. Instead, he just closed himself up in his room, only coming out on rare occasions or when someone actually gave him mercy and payed him a visit. Though, it was only a less then handful that did. It seemed things hadn't really changed for him after all.

However, as hard as it may be, he did wish to get out of the confines of the four walls of his and actually have a life. Actually meet friends. Actually make his life worth living. Besides.....he still had just the three sets of clothes that he came with. Something must be done about that. But everything must go in an order. So, today, he would attempt to make that first domino fall. About mid day, once he had gotten up and did the morning routine of waking up, exercising, staring blankly out the window and reading, he would get himself ready to wander. Donning those faded leathers that snugly hugged his legs and form, and a deep green cotton shirt, fingers worked at the wooden toggles that were buttons as he looked at himself through the mirror. A sigh would be released past lips. "How did I get myself here?" was all that was said as he just looked at that face that rarely smiled anymore. What once was a bright and cheerful soul was now a faded and blank man.

Well, finally getting himself to get boots on and motivated to actually go out the door, he would do just that. With a close and a lock behind, he made his way down the hall tot he front. But where to go?

In his mind he still knew he needed to support himself somehow. And the means to do that was determined within minutes of him arriving at the Inn. He had some skill on a forge, so that's where he wished to put that skill to some use. But again, he hadn't a clue where to go. And the only thing he could get out of Dre was he had to find it himself. Well, that just seemed silly. Surely someone could point him in the right direction? But wait.... that woman he met that day, Maddie, that lovely woman said she could tell him. So, he needed to find her. Moving to the front lobby he would find himself looking at the check-in desk. Seeing as how he had no clue where she even was, he would start to roam through the books up there which told where people were. That would be a good start. Hopefully no one came in looking to check in. He certainly didn't know the place well enough to direct people to the right person or spot. So hopefully he would find what he was looking for fast.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

The Mission Empty Re: The Mission

Post by Emilia Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Emilia was coming down the stairs.

"I'll be right back up with that bottle, yes I know it is early but this is a reason to celebrate."

She was calling up the stairs behind her. Emilia was dressed in a powder blue wrap dress wearing little heart shapped earings. Her shoes were platform sandles. As she came down to the main floor she saw Derick.

She walked up behind him and smiled as she tapped him.

"Hey there love what are you doing?"

She was already heading for the bar he would follow her or he woulden't. She was grabbing a bottle of wine and some glasses. She had an evil idea. They would need a man's oppinion of certian things and well he was a man. Besides he needed to get out.
Emilia
Emilia

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Finger would be mindlessly streaming down the pages as those crystal blues tried to seek out Maddie. So many pages! But then, he would feel that digit tapping on shoulder. Pausing from his mission, Form would quickly turn around, thinking he got caught doing something he was not supposed to be. Seeing Emilia standing there, he smiled just a bit, a faint sigh of relief.

"Oh, hello Emilia. I didn't hear you walking up. Um, I was just trying to find out where Maddie stayed. She said she could help with something, and I finally got myself around to wanted to take her up on it."

He would motion towards the books as he spoke of what he was doing, trying to explain himself. And those words. No....they did not come out to well at all. Often what was being said in his mind isn't exactly what came through those crimsons. One of his many curses. And as she went to the bar, he would turn right back to where he was, searching. But, seeing as how he rarely sees her, he would call out as she went.

"How are you doing today?"
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:14 pm

She smiled at him as she came back from the bar.

"I am sorry, Maddie is gone. I am not even sure when she will be back."

She thought for a moment.

"Maybe I can help you."

He did not need to explain why he was behind the counter. She didn't care he resided here and had just as much right as anyone else did to know where someone was. She heard his next comment and nodded.

"I have been well."

She wanted to know what he needed help with before she dragged him along behind at least four women who would be giggling and laughing a lot.
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:22 pm

When she said Maddie was gone, he would pause. All attention on the books were dropped as he again turned to face her. A slight sign of disappointment on those features. Head tilting tot he side a bit.

"She's gone? Oh, well.....that kinda messes with what I was thinking. Um....she said she would help point me towards the forge. I really need work right now, and that's the only place I think I could easily fit in without too much hassle. Um..but if you know when to go, maybe you can help me, yes."

That was more of a statement then a question, but it works. A warm smile would come over lips.

"I am glad you are well. Haven't seen you in a few days. I....I've just been here." Those last words coming out in a more somber tone.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:48 am

She smiled and handed him the bottle of wine.

"I am sorry that she can't be here to help you. I can help point you to the forge, but you will have to tag along with me. I have to deliver this bottle."

She stood streched her face a bit and kissed his cheek.

"How about after we find you the forge we have dinner."
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 pm

And then there was a bottle of wine in his hand. Never was much of a wine-o, but he never refused a drink. And with the peck on the cheek came a warm smile rolling over those lips. In fact, a slight blush even. He would be leaning back on the counter now. Crystal blues looking to her, but then back at the seemly empty Inn. Must be a slow time of day. No one was around. And with her words came a slight chuckle.

"Oh, I see. I have to deal with you first. I suppose I can handle that. For a little while at least."

And another chuckle as he bounced himself up from the counter to take a few steps to be by her side. Crystals again looking to the room to see if he missed anyone. He was still wanting to meet the people around here after all.

"I would like that, Emilia. Don't think I have had a decent meal since I arrived here. Would be a nice change of pace. But what do you need to do around here first? Is someone in desperate need of a drink this early in the day?"
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:34 pm

She smiled at him and nodded.

"Yes, you have to deal with me."

She slid an arm around his waist and leaned against him.

"There is a reason for celebration upstairs. Come on lets deliver the bottle."
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:26 pm

He would snicker a bit at her words. Like it was such a heart breaker for him. When her slender arm went around his form, he hesitated a moment. But, then he would slowly bring up his own to go about her shoulders. You know, in a friendly way. With a final look to the empty room, steps would begin to be made towards the stairs to take them up.

"What sort of celebration?"
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:50 pm

She smiled as he placed his arm around her shoulder.

"Someone is getting married."

She looked up at him.

"This is the first time I have ever been invited to help, I think most women worry about me around thier men, no reason to I won't mess with a guy in a commited relationship."

She shrugged and continued all the way up to the third floor.
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sun May 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Would he smile at that? He would. Turning head to look to her, Derick would nod. And as they walked up the steps, care would be taken to look around. He had yet to travel up to the third level of the inn yet. There had been no reason too.

"Well, I guess I can understand their view. But you are a lovely woman. A part of them may just be jealous. Have you ever considered that? But of course, I am most likely way off. I have been out of touch from the rational world for quite some time."

Looking down for a brief moment, that smile would fade from lips. Crystal blues then returned to their path. He didn't know where he was being dragged to, but he would just go with it.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Sun May 03, 2009 5:38 pm

She smiled at him as they reached the third floor she started leading him to Venis' room.

"Thank you Derick, that was a really nice thing to say."

She would lean up and kiss his cheek again. She walked into V's room her arm still around Derick's waist.

(Continued in BBB to do List #9)
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum