Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

darkness, light, and the pursuit of happines

Go down

darkness, light, and the pursuit of happines Empty darkness, light, and the pursuit of happines

Post by Epiphany Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:51 am

It wasn't too early in the morning - it was nearing the afternoon - and since Epiphany had no idea whether or not Fallon was a morning person, she waited until this time to go to his room. First she had to find which one it was, and she wasn't surprised to see that it was a room on the first floor. Was he actually in that room? She doubted it. Knowing him, it was probably like her own - just a door, the room being elsewhere entirely. She was dressed like it was summer in a open back yellow shirt with long sleeves - it tied at the neck and waist - black shorts, black and yellow stripped leggings and black ankel boots. She might have looked something like a bee. Hair was in a ponytail. Epiphany was slightly nervous, but she was going to beat that down to accomplish her goal. Knock, knock, knock!

... why was that Blind Melon song coming to mind? All I'd like to say is that my life is pretty plain... All she needed to do now is dance! She was correct. the room that Epiphany would find herself entering shortly would be a place she was quite familiar with. She'd been there only a handful of times, but she would recognize it! The pounding on his door drew icy blues up from the papers they had been reading over, hand ceasing its sweeping writing he was engaged in. "... yeah dude, it's open..." pen set down on the black marble desk he sat behind... you know the room. Dimly lit, black shag underfoot, walls lined with bookshelves... and of course the huge fire in the hearth on the other side of the room... enter the study, Pip!

Only, she wasn't a 'dude' and she had people who would vouch for her on that one, but she knew it was just his greeting. Turning the knob she peeked into the room. Yep, it was just a doorway. Hey, at least she would be comfortable! "Hey Mister Crow." and that was her greeting, given with a sly smile. She slipped in and leaned on the door to close it. "I was hoping I'd find you here." Wherever 'here' was. Didn't matter too much. For now she continued to lean on the closed door, hands behind her back. "How are you? I wax hoping we could have a talk...."

Fallon's way! Those mirrors were killer! Best of all they could be turned on and off, so one day.. who knows? She could end up walking into the room at the Inn, with him sprawled out on the bed or something! But this time, she got the study. Poor thing! Just think about all the things she could do in here! All those books... heh! Icy blues settled upon that blond little head when it peeked inside. And... of course he kinda smirked. "Hey Kiddo." These two and their names for each other... leaning back into that kick ass chair of his, keeping his gaze upon her while she entered. "A little talk, huh? Am I in trouble already?" Heh, he'd only been here a few days! Hand reaching out, gesturing toward the cozy overstuffed chair on the other side of his desk. "Have a seat, Short Stack."

She was listening, really she was, but once she was in the room she couldn't help but look at the books That's where her eyes were focused, trying to read the titles from where she stood by the door. Because of this she missed the first thing he said, it kinda floated in one ear and out the other, sound heard by the words those sounds formed didn't register. When he spoke again it stuck. "Hmm? Oh! Oh no no, Nothing like that." She headed to the chair and, unceremoniously plopped down in it. Overstuffed chairs were the best. They were comfortable and could be used in many ways. Right now she decided to sit sideways, tossing her legs over one of the arms as she scooted down, neck on the other arm and her hands behind her head. Good thing she wasn't in a skirt or it might have been indecent. Now. how to go about asking him without seeming rude. She didn't think there was a way to say it without it being rude but, she'd try! "So, um.. what are you?"

Yes. How unfortunate to be indecent around Fallon. Because... Fallon loved indecent! Fallon watched quietly while she snuck around the chair and plopped into it, getting cozy and comfy once she was in. Hey, he wouldn't fault for for settling in? Lord knows he would have done it in her place! Finally, she was settled.. and her question. Well, needless to say, it lifted an eyebrow up a bit in a curious quirk! "... I am a boy?" ... that was a very vague question!

"Well, duh." she laughed. that's what she got for asking something so simple and open as that. Epiphany snuggled down in the chair - deepening on how big it was, the chair might be ready to swallow her. "You certainly look like a boy, err, guy, unless that's one awesome disguise...." trailing off she stared at him, eyes squinting, wondering if it was a mask or not. Then she blinked and shook her head. "But, that's not what I mean. I mean like.... what are you. You're not human, I could tell that much years ago. I'm not a full human, and I know you're some type of angel." here she was, about to start rambling maybe. "Though you're not like me, but you are, and you're not like Arman, but you are . . . you don't act like him though so that could only mean you're not like him. but you look human. So.. what are you and how can you look like that, unless you are human in some way?" there. Did that make sense?

... oh. She meant like that. That question made more sense! And.. the rambling along with her aloud musings as she tried to solidify her meaning and question. Yeah... this was gonna be an interesting question to answer! "Well... to most circles, I'm an abomination. Mother was an archon, father a fiend. Most couplings like that end up a creature that takes after one side or the other. Like my sister. She took quite heavily after the fiend side of her..." A little shrug. "But looking like a human is one of the first things a halfbreed learns to do, to better blend in... anyway! I, on the other hand..." Clawed finger gesturing toward himself then! "Did not end up with a dominant blood. They somehow managed to mingle and, for the most part, coexist. I'm a totally different creature. A creature not many of the gods usually allow to live too far past birth." That brought out a cocky little grin! Full of small, needlish fangs.

Epiphany was looking at him again in a studying type of way. Pulling her legs up she crossed her right knee over the left, yes, it was a good thing she had on those thick leggings under the shorts. She saw nothing wrong with how she was sitting because she was clothed. "So you're like a human in that regard. Susceptible to both sides? The good and the bad? You're not affected by the presence of one side of the other?" This was good news to her and there was a ring of hope in her voice. "That's amazing. I can... see where they'd want you killed if that's the case. Something like that can't be allowed. You have to be one or the other. Pick a side and stick with it." That last part made her frown slightly.

"Sort of like that, yeah. But the main reason they would want me destroyed, is not only am I unpulled by one side or the other... I can harness them both. Darkness and Light. All of their powers. How I want to use them. and since most abominations usually go completely batshit insane around puberty, when their powers kick in. Luckily... I didn't!" Beam! "So lucky... but yeah, anyway." Leaning forward in his chair at that point, peering a bit harder upon her. "Now, you wouldn't mind answering something for me, before I go any further into my explanation of who and what I am?"

Of course, there had to be some type of catch for why he was willing to answer her questions. When he turned his eyes to her like that, needless to say she got a little nervous and her eyes widened only a fraction before she turned her gaze away from him and chose to focus it on the celing. Then she swung her legs - as she could - on that chair arm and attempted a lazy shrug. "Sure. It's only fair. Ask away!" she had to look away, feeling that if she didn't, and wasn't playing, she might try to pick out the darker side of him and she wasn't quite sure that would be a good idea. Right now she was pretty much in control of herself. Right now, and she didn't want that to change. A quick glance back at him and then she looked right back at the ceiling. "I''m open for questions."

Catch? Nah, not a catch! Call it... curiosity! Fallon had very few rules that he worked by. And she had come across one of them. Ask the right question, and he will give you the answer! His question, however, was not bound by the rule... only by her kindness! Those icy eyes kept their intent gaze upon her, whether or not she continued to look at him. But every glance back she gave to him? She felt those eyes digging back into hers. Looking people dead in the eye was one of Fallon's most unnerving habits! "I have known you for some time now, Epiphany. And the subject of the animal that I am has never come to subject... until now. And with such a near pleading look barely hidden behind those eyes." Pausing so he could look her over a moment longer. "So? What brings it up now?"

He had a very interesting ceiling. It could have been the plainest ceiling in the world, but right now she would find it to be the most interesting thing she had ever seen. Thats how much attention she was paying it, or trying too. Epiphany heard everything that he said and was trying to figure the best way to answer it. Therefore, she didn't speak for a few moments after he asked his question, but when she did, her voice was softer. "It didn't matter much then. But, now that I'm... older." she paused after that. Older. She wasn't that young when he last saw her. But now she was 21 so things were a bit different. "I have a side so when I'm around people who are.. darker, it effects me. And I don't want it be like that. Or I need to find more control." Another glance in his direction before she looked back at the ceiling. Unless I'm really focusing to stay in human form, my purpose is stronger. You know? It's what I want to do. Because of that I don't spend too much time around some of the people here at this Inn because it only riles up my other side and I'm afraid I'll loose control. I know I'll loose control. I almost tried to kill Venis when I met her, not to mention Kahn. And what's the point of staying like this if I'm faking things that I'm doing in order to maintain control. If I can't control it like I want, then ... not to mention that if I don't do what I'm suppose to do I'm afraid of turning the other way and that's not something I want either." Rambling.

Yes, Epiphany was definitely rambling! But a lot of the things she was saying made perfect sense to him. He had been where she was! It was never easy coming to terms and grips with what you are. Especially when you may not have known your whole life. His eyes remained on her throughout her ramble, right until that pause came right at the ends. In which case, he slid two simple words. Two words that could very well change her demeanor for the rest of this conversation! What were they? "Show me."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

darkness, light, and the pursuit of happines Empty Re: darkness, light, and the pursuit of happines

Post by Epiphany Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:54 am

What? She didn't hear what she thought she heard, did she? One look at him told her that the guy was being serious and she brought her hands down from behind her head and covered her eyes. "You can't be serious!" Maybe he would change his mind. She pulled up her legs and turned in the chair so that she was now sitting properly. Leaning forward she placed her elbows on her knees, hands still covering her eyes. "But you're not human. You said so yourself that you're a mix." Epiphany sat up, hands dripping down by her knees. "You have that darker side to you. The side that I'm against and if I go full force Angel, all it's going to do is make me turn against you. Even if I go half way I start slipping and being mean all because I'll want to get rid of you." pleading her case. It was hard enough as it was sitting still to stay.. calm.

"Epiphany, trust me." ... ugh... those there are some horrible words to come from Fallon! With all the crazy, stupid things his resume had on it, he was asking her to trust him!? Of course he was! Pip needed the same lesson that he needed. Her fear sounded a lot like how his used to be. "I'll be straight with you. You could hurt me, yes." ... uh oh, Fallon was standing up! "But you ain't never gonna learn that control when you hide from what you are."

Of course she had fear, especially about this. There was no one to teach her, no books to read on the topic, and very few who would even understand. So she kept it to herself, pushing that side down as an effort to control it. Now, now she was telling him to trust her. Even though she wanted to, it was self doubt that wasn't making it easy. Epiphany slide from the chair, looking at him, and moved to the side of it. If she kept looking at him the change would happen eventually. that's why she had worn the shirt with the open back. It was a precaution. She licked her lips and took another step back. it was evident that she was trying to put a little space between the two of them. Full? Half? If she dropped all her guards she knew that it would go to a full mode. The last time she had been in full mode was atop the planetarium at the Alliance and she had been facing off Ixon. That was a pleasant memory. If Fallon was watching her closely, he'd see that it all started with a flash in her dusky eyes. Once, and then again as they turned from their natural color of yellow to a lighter shade, almost white. That wasn't the only thing that had changed, her dusky hair was even changing to a lighter shade as it was held back there in the ponytail. It even grew out longer, stretching from her shoulders down to her waist. She hand her hands at her side, flexing her fingers and then rolled her shoulders. Right now she was half, and the look she was giving him was more intense, a match to the one he was giving her. That backward step was undone as she stepped forward once more. She looked.. determined. A small crack and there was this very faint glow that surround her back, then, from there, a pair of snow white wings sprouted. They stretched up and out, spanning about five feet in length, each wing. And the width varied from three feet and getting smaller as it went to the tip. Each individual feather seemed to shine with it's own light, though it didn't change the light in the room. This light reflected off of her skin a moment or two before it died down. Her expression was different, that's for sure and her gaze upon him wasn't playful or light. her hands gathered in front of her, in a pose set for something to be in her hands, though there was nothing there. Yet.

There we go... this was what he wanted. When Epiphany was in her normal girl form, she had that control. But evidently when she started to shift, that control wavered! And that waver was what he wanted to see... because he already had a plan! Fallon always thought at least a move ahead, so when she started her transformation, he kinda grinned. Not a goofy lopsided deal like always... this was a smirk that dripped with wicked, a knowing smirk that told her volumes about his intentions. He wanted her to lose control. He wanted her to come at him... but why? Not to be outdone by her, Fallon went through a change of his own.A change she had seen plenty of times before. You know, those giant wings shimmering into sight, the horns, the tail... but this time, those icy blues eyes went dark. Darkness flooding into the swirling iris' until they became blank inky voids. Fallon wasn't just going to his full form... he was embracing himself... the abomination. He made no steps toward her yet! Instead just let those dark pools remain on her, devouring the image of her, her light, her glow.

He was... tempting her. He really was. She had thought the he was going to stay as he was, and that would have been something she could sorta handle. She wasn't expecting him to change! That was something she didn't think she could handle at all without some tiny bit of control on her half, and the control she had was hair strand thin. "Accursed blasphemer. You dare to stand before me?" This voice, was not the normal voice of Epiphany. It was stronger and held more weight behind the words. Anger, without being angry. Oriented. She took a step forward, the movement causing the clothes she was wearing to start to tear. She wasn't growing, it's only that some things couldn't stand up to the full form. Half-form, yes.. full... while the light didn't burn the clothes always tore. First would be those leggings. "Go back to the hell you came from."

Ooo! He was gonna get to see her naked! Yes! ... wait, no, that wasn't the point behind this! ... was it? ... no! No it wasn't! The point behind this was what she was doing now. She was pushing herself into her true form. Where her control really didn't exist, by her own admission. That was what he wanted! "Hell is as terrified of me as your Paradise is, Child of Light." Fallon's voice had changed as well. Now it was truly warped, fitting for the abomination. The sweet, almost melodic voice of an archon, twisted and tangled around the vile buzzing snarl of a fiend. a voice even his wife was unable to stand. "This world in between is my Hell. this is my punishment. You are the being who has defiled this world with your presence." Still no motion. Just standing right where he was!

If she was 'normal' and he had said that thought out loud, she would have about slapped him for the thought. But she wasn't, and he hadn't, and in this form she wasn't concerned about modesty at all. That was the least important thing. Part of what he said was true, from her current understanding. It was the demons, devils, and other kin of that kind who had been tossed down to this plane and given the free reign ability to move around it as they pleased. Her place wasn't her - officially - but while she was here it was her job to dispel of creatures like him. "You have one chance to repent of your sins and turn your face to the one that is true. Or die." A glow started in the hands that were gathered in front of her. It shot up straight, four feet, and the light burst, a sword appearing in her hands. A gleaming blade that looked as it was made of pure light. There was no doubt on the type of energy that came from it. The hilt was blood red. The leggings crumbled and were no more, like dust. Those shorts were already beginning to fade. The real Epiphany had no skills with a sword, she could barely hold one without feeling awkward. But this Epiphany looked very natural with the sword in her hands. Did she need the sword to do the deed? That was to be seen. Just what type of angel was she anyway . . .. ? There was still a very small hint of control. That's why he got one chance.

"Repent.... for my sinssssss..." That word lingered upon his lips, tainted by the little smirk on his lips. Ah... he did love the celestials. How many of those selfless creatures threw themselves upon his sword in just the last six months? But this one... this one he did not wish to destroy like he had the others. There was a friend in there, whether she was an angel or a little girl he picked on relentlessly. Well... really, she wasn't such a little girl anymore? "And I'll give you one chance why a creature that is killed before it ever attains its powers would still be here a hundred years after attaining them. Your god would be very angry with you if you joined the Sons and broke his covenant with me." See? Fallon wanted no part in a fight with her? But instead, he wanted to give her a reason to exercise that control. "Archimidarien is already in hiding from me for breaking it. Now that he's fallen, he don't have too much interest in hunting me no more."

Kill him! That's what was pressed firmly in her mind. Kill him and rid the world of another hellish fiend. She had given him the chance and he had spat it back at her with a threat of being turned away and discarded. Kill him! There were no regrets in her mind and the longer she stayed like this, the further away she went from thoughts and feelings that made her, her. In a quick fluid stream of movement that would be impossible if she were 'normal' the sword was pulled back with her right hand, left hand extended forward. Lips curled back to a mix of a snarl and a grin as her right wrist turned and she sent the blade straight for the side of neck. At the same time she took a singular step forward. It was safe to say that she was within arms reach of him. Of course, there wasn't any doubt that he wouldn't be able to avoid it. Unless he really did have a death wish .

Fallon? A death wish? Nah... he's been over that for a long time! He wouldn't just her kill him! That just wasn't gonna happen. but he also didn't move out of the way of it. no... in fact, something very odd for Fallon... he let his faith of all things carry him through this one! And how did that work out for him? Well, by that blade stopping just as it began to contact his flesh. Which definitely started to smolder and sizzle under the energy of that blade But its momentum stopped dead cold. And stayed right there in place. Searing him as his lips curled back in a little sneer... hell yeah that hurt! "Looks like that was your one chance, lightbringer. Care to take another swing?"

It was when she felt the sting of the sword against his neck that she was struck what that other side of him. That side that was like her and wasn't what she had to kill. It was pushing against the sword like a brick wall. She growled and put more strength into moving the sword past the unseen barrier. Trying to move past it. "You're not one of us!" Came her hard words. She pushed forward and the shorts she had one blew away like particles of dust, along with what she wore underneath. It wouldn't be too long until the same fate befell her top. But she was closer now so unless he wanted to take the time to look away from her face and look down . . .In that other hand of hers that same light appeared and in its wake was a dagger. It was a miniature version of the sword that was pressing against that field against his neck. The dagger was positioned right under his ribs. Now there were two sets of voices in her head: one was pressing that she kill him, the other was saying not to, because she would kill her own kind. One thing that both voices agreed upon was that either way she was damned. Damned for not killing an abomination, and damned for killing one of her own. How many strikes would this put against her? He was still taller than she was - unfortunately she didn't grow taller with the transformation - so now that they were close she had to look up to be able to see his face. Those white eyes still looking dead into his. This was not the look of the girl who came into his office a little while ago. This was a look of a person with death on their mind. Even if this death was considered justifiable. "I should kill you." Words spoken through clenched teeth. Kill him. Let him live. Kill. Live. Kill . . . Live.

He still gave no resistance, even once she had that new weapon in place just below his ribs. The scent of his burning fresh nice and close for her, considering where she was! Fallon was looking down at her face ... in another situation; he might have to tried to check out the bod now that her light had seared everything away. But she was archon. The glow typically concealed most of the body to the onlooker, especially in the impure. No, it was her face he was focused upon, the glowing pools of light that had replaced her eyes. "Do you truly know what it means to be fallen, Epiphany?" That dual toned voice coming in almost a purr, despite the snarl his lips were still drawn into. "It means the complete loss of contact with your god. Where His grace once filled you, is left a dull, empty void. A void that will never leave you, just like the yearning to recover that sensation. I am untouchable, by decree of your God, and the covenant means his will, is your will. If you kill me, you will be defying your God's will. Which you are meant to uphold and protect. And trust me... losing one more angel will definitely be more favorable to him than me killing a thousand more for His servants breaking His covenant." ... did she see it? Forcing her to take control! They could fight all day if they wanted, if it got her what she needed!

"Change back." The burning smell didn't bother her and the sizzling sound was almost pleasant in her ears. "Change back and I won't have to chose." Who lived, who died, that wasn't her choice to make. She had orders and she was to follow them. Standing before her was a Fallen, but what she was feeling from him.. wasn't. What were the rules in this situation? How was she suppose to handle someone who was, but wasn't? It's not like the other creatures, the spawns of darkness who decided to do good. Unless they were repentant and changed, no matter if they served in soup kitchens and rid the streets of evil do-ers, they were to die. She would have no such conflicts with them. Unless he had that same barrier around his torso she would manage to push that dagger in, not all the way but enough to pierce his clothing and maybe prick the skin in a small cut. "Change . . .back." The voice that wanted him to live was receiving back up support from Epiphany, who was there somewhere. She knew who he was and she did not want him to die, nor did she want to hurt him. Which, is probably why she was able to talk. "Drop your guise." Strength was leaving her arm with the sword at his neck. He might even be able to tell.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

darkness, light, and the pursuit of happines Empty Re: darkness, light, and the pursuit of happines

Post by Epiphany Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:06 am

There was no such barrier around his neck, or his torso. It was not his action at all, even. Something else stayed the hand that would have removed the head of the abomination. A hand she knew quite well. The dagger itself was able to do just as much as her other blade, reach just enough to contact flesh before being stopped. By that same hand. More sizzling flesh as the tip to that dagger began to sear his flesh. The new jaunt of pain screaming through his mind caused a bit of a twitch at that lip, but did not stay his words. "Your lack of control is very unbecoming of your Lord. Only the fiends kill mindlessly without stopping to consider what it is they kill. Ask your God. He will tell you what you risk, by leaving these blades upon my flesh." Which were probably gonna leave scars, Epiphany! I hope you realize that!

To hell with control, that was the thought that went through her mind but wasn't going to be voiced. His words were getting through, must be due to the eye contact that they had. He had a point, he had a point and her strength was still starting to wane, but it never left her eyes. Did she know it was going to scar him? Probably. Did she care at the moment? No. Leave him. Leave him. Two opposing forces. Control was hard to maintain when it wasn't practiced and her control in this area was far from practiced. It was also taking a lot of energy. The first to waver was the dagger at his side. Her hold on it faltered and when her fingers opened the dagger vanished. Her hand dropping to her side. The next to go was the sword. But that was almost like a stabilizer. A lot of her weight was upon it for she had been trying to push past the hand that was holding her back. When it was gone she stumbled forward, very falling against Fallon. Her wings were still in place though they took on more of a slack nature, folding down and covering her back. Weak, yes. That was a result of too much energy being put out at one time, of the flare of anger.

... Fallon either put a whole lot of faith into the god's agreement to make him untouchable... or he was extremely stupid! That could have been death! But... he had prevailed. Or... gotten lucky that Pip could still feel a bit of that bond of friendship! Once the blades were drawn away, Fallon would move, alright! ... to catch her as she stumbled forward. Letting her bounce off him and hit the floor would not have been a very friendly thing to do! Fallon caught her before that could come. Sort of hugging her, sort of holding her... and totally keeping her upright. And as those fingers brushed against those elongated strands of hair, his voice would join them - the voice she knew. "Very good, Pip. Not bad for a serious trial by fire?" A bit of a grin twitching at his lips! Sure, she was still in her full angel form, but regardless of the form she took, that was still his Pipsqueak!

It would be a shame if all of that was an elaborate ruse to get him to lower his defenses and pull her close to him wouldn't it? Good thing it wasn't, that would have been harsh. What Fallon did have on his hands - in his arms? - was a very naked Epiphany, who would be even more exposed once those wings vanished from behind her. Right now, the fact that she was without anything wasn't registering. Laying on him like that made her skin tingle. It was his hands, the sparked against her skin and threatened to take the weariness from her. Her fingers started to move to his sides. "What have I done?" she could feel the tear in his shirt that the dagger had made, her other hand reaching up to the cut on his neck. The light about her was starting to fade as feathers began to drop out of the wing, disappearing as they hit the floor. Unlike him, she didn't leave feathers behind. Slowly, she was coming around.

That would have been way low, is what it would have been! Even for Fallon... but no! He would prove even further that this all was not a ploy to hold her, and to get her naked... he was unzipping the trademark winged skull hoodie, shrugging it off one arm then the other... then holding it ready to wrap around the naked form of the Pipsqueak once her wings had relented. "Nothing big, Pip, nothing big. You know, other than control that which you said you cannot?" The wounds she had dealt him were the least of his worries... they would leave scars for a bit, but they would heal after a while. That was no biggie! "See?" Peeking down at her still, those voids having once again cleared, those intense icy blues once again searching her. "Not so hard, is it?" ... heh! As always, putting a spin on the situation.

Epiphany - for she was her once again - sounded exhausted when she spoke, and that was good. It was a mental exhaustion, not a physical one, and it would help to keep her unfocused to a degree. She was trying to avoid his eyes. Though the wings were gone, her eyes were still white, so she looked anywhere else, like his neck. Seeing the mark she cupped her hand around it, but she was too tired to do anything about it in terms of healing. "I'm sorry." His hoodie felt warm, and if she got too use to it,. well, Fallon might want to find another one. "If I didn't know you.... I wanted to kill you. Why couldn't I kill you?" she let out a long sigh. "Why are you protected? I'm suppose to... to kill you. " when he was like that.. like he still was? Epiphany did not move from him. Being herself, she was aware of her current state of undress.

Her current state of undress was precisely why she was wrapped in his hoodie now! Sure, it would only work as a short short dress, or maybe a long nightgown? But hey, at least she wasn't showing off the goods to him without him earning it! Now that the wings were gone... hey! Ooo, now now, it was Fallon's turn to shy away from her hand! escaping its touch upon her neck before she could even begin to summon up any kind of energy. That... would have been bad! Instead, he started to back her up, walking her backwards toward the chair she had been sitting in previous.. bet she wouldn't be kicking her feet up and relaxing now, will she! Slowly though until her knees hit the cushion again, where his arms helped lower her back into the seat. "It's not so much I'm protected by them, Pip, than it is I am left alone so I don't resume my bloodbath." Once she was sitting again, he took a seat on the arm of that same chair!

It was a good thing she didn't simply reach out to touch him when she was in full form them wasn't it? That's called giving a fighting chance. The weapons were simply tools she used to prevent herself from actually touching the person she faced. Though.. what would have happened if she had touched him? Once she was down in the chair she drew her legs up and under her. She needed clothes. What a great picture that would make, alone, in Fallon's room, naked. At first glance that wouldn't look innocent at all! She grabbed the sides of that hoodie and wrapped it more around her. Good thing he was bigger than she was. "Then shouldn't you just die?" Wait.. that sounded.. wrong. Then she remembered something else. "Is that how you feel Fallon? Empty?" He had said that Fallen's feel empty. But if he was both...."Is that why you spar like you do, play around like you do, so you can feel something. Or is the pain just your way of torturing yourself."

Hey! A fully clothed Fallon, shirt, pants, even boots, and Epiphany in his hoodie was completely innocent! ... well, aside from her very naked state beneath said hoodie... but it meant nothing! No proof! He was about to answer her first question, before she brought up question number two... he pondered that a second, before deciding to answer them in reverse order! "I'd rather feel pain then nothing at all." A short little n od of his head. That pretty much answerred that question! Now! Onto the next ones! "Abominations are feared because of their combined power. Darkness and Light. They know the weaknesses of each. And how to destroy them. They found me when I was a child, but could not bring a force enough through to where I was to kill me while still a child. Which was why I was branded and glyphed. They kept my powers imprisoned. That is why I did not develop my power until I managed to get myself free. They needed to be removed from me physically. And the only way they could have, was to cut them from my flesh,. and my being." !!! Airtia!? What have you done!

Hm, if Airtia had known that she was unleashing a blood thirsty beast upon the world, a creature rejected by both sides, would she still have done it? Of course! That was Airtia and she would have found some justifiable reason for it. Maybe. "I only came into my own less than a year ago. I chose, this side." That side of Epiphany's wasn't as strong as it would be, or could be if she spent more time in it and trained. Even untrained as it was, it still could prove formidable! "Sometimes I wish I had chosen the other." Blasphemy. She was working up the strikes against her wasn't she? "The people I care about, even my own Foster, they're all on the wrong side Fallon. They're on the wrong side and if I break the rule to be with the one I want to be with.. what does that make me? Perhaps I can be like you yeah?" A hopeful look given to him. "Then it wouldn't matter. Not to mention that just being too close is dangerous in itself." Adding that one.

He had to pause to consider that. She could be like him? That was pretty unlikely! Poor Pip wasn't born what he is. But then again, that wasn't what she had meant, was it? "Epiphany..." He chose his words carefully here. This most likely had a chance to make some high-ups very unhappy with him! "You know... it is not who you serve, or whom you follow that makes you good or evil. It's the life you live. As long as I have known you? I've known you to be a good person. Why would that change any, if you only did that which makes you happy?" As she probably remembered, he was the champion of personal freedom and doing what made your heart sing... so why not just dangle that fact in front of her?

Oh yeah, if she had said something like that... there was a reason she had trouble making her wings appear when she wasn't' in any form but full. She drew in a deep breath and almost drew her legs up until she remembered that the move would be very indecent. "Because. Light isn't suppose to mix with Dark. It's . . . forbidden. But it's what I want to do, and so I do it anyway." now that she knew she couldn't hurt Fallon without dire repercussions she could look at him and not be too fearful. So she chanced to look. "And I know that stacks are piling up against me, but I am human. I have feelings and needs like a human. You know, once upon a time all I wanted to be was normal. Regular. If I continue on this path I'm sure I'll either be cast out or have my wings taken from me. And I'll be what I had always wanted to be. Just a regular girl." sadness in those last words.

Normal... a word that had meant so much to Fallon when he was her age. To be normal... nmot have all these expectations... not to be hunted... yeah, Fallon knew the feeling. And the smile he gave her... which almost mirrored the sadness in her words, was wistful, almost bitter. "Yeah... I know the feeling, girl. I know the feeling..." Aww, an arm even slinked its way around her shoulders, and gave a little squeeze! "But, unless your wings are taken away, or you give them up, that time will never come. Any more than I can stop myself from being the abomination that I am. But... that does not mean that you cannot lead a normal life? Aside from the occasional attacks... I think I lead a pretty normal life?" Even kinda flicking at her hair with those clawed fingers. "It... just means that the sort of normal you lead may not exactly coincide with the usual accepted idea of normal?"

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:08 am

She laughed. Yes! Look at that, the guy got her to laugh! He had his arm around her and therefore she leaned against him. "Do you know me? Do you know the girl you are talking too? Epiphany? The one who's dirty a lot, dresses odd and has a really strange room? What part of me is anywhere near normal?" maybe guy troubles, that was normal, but that was common with everyone she supposed. Then she got up, being mindful of the hoodie, and leaned towards him to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, for the lesson. I'll work on it. Not letting myself strictly be controlled by the things I'm suppose to do." That was the lesson right? Have control, make her own decisions? "I'll work on it and not.. let it get in the way" she grinned. "And I won't cut your head off. But I think I really should step away from you for... other reasons..."

See how utterly awesome Fallon is! Getting her to laugh, despite everything! "It's called being a tomboy, sweetheart." Aww, sweetheart! He was being so nice! ... what was that about bloodthirsty beast? "And, like I said? ... your version of normal?" Heh! Hey, it was legit! Wasa Fallon the epitome of normal!? But he still lived like a normal person! ... sorta... he smiled some at the kiss to his cheek... he'd never wash it again... "No need to thank, Kiddo. Anytime you want to learn more, and have a hand with your control and stuff? You know where I am."

Good. No comment on the other reasons. The poor girl would have probably turned 5 different colors. As it was, she started to back out towards his door, that hoodie just barely kept her decent. Going up steps now.. that would be a different task. Maybe no one would be in the hallways. "I always want to learn more. Though next time.. maybe you won't tempt me. I have to have some type of teacher." It was true! who else was going to teach her about the sides? "Oh.. you still owe me mudd...."

He didn't need to ask what the oher reasons were... heh! Nah, no nasty thoughts involved... they were her reasons. No need to dig. he already saw her at a very vulnerable point... no need to make more.. his arm slipped from her, and he remained on the arm of the chair while she made her escape. "Temptation is fun though?" ... just a quick little wink! "You'll get your Mud... maybe we'll mix your drink and mine, and see what we come up with, ya?" Clawed fingers lifting, and wriggling her way!

Oh, wouldn't that be interesting! Mixing the two. Then that might lead more credence to the whole "chocolate is better than sex" motif. When it all came down to it, Fallon a good guy, or he could be any way. He hadn't tried taking advantage of her so that was points on his card! Though, this kinda changed the relationship a bit. In a good way. "Bye, Mister Crow." Exit.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down