Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

THE DEATH POOL! {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too}

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

THE DEATH POOL!  {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too} Empty THE DEATH POOL! {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too}

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:37 am

These rules are set in stone!!

I am completely serious, any post breaking a single rule will be deleted!

Now, for those who do not know, the Death Pool is a realm that consists of nothing but a huge battle field. Some players take their characters there to die. Other players just like to go in and massacre a few hundred people for spar points or some other reason. Venis is going into the Death Pool to blow off some steam. That is why these rules are to be followed to the letter. One Hour in Rhy'Din is like 24 hours in the Death Pool. There is one set of rules for the guests of the Inn who are involved in Venis' life. Then there is another set of rules for any guests who are not members of these message boards. ALL rules will be followed or else. I cannot stress this enough. That being said, repeatedly, let me get to the rules.

Residents of the Inn:

1. Only certain characters will be allowed into this thread. Requests will be made in writing in a PM and you must include a reason for the interaction, unless previously invited by me. Anyone asking to join her will be considered, but not necessarily granted permission. Only certain characters would be able to survive this area.

2. Once Venis enters the registration room, no one will be able to see her, join her, touch her, speak to her, or otherwise. The exception to this rule being that they entered the room with her.

3. Battle Gym dice will be used. But no one may use more than 4d30. This should not become an issue as anyone who is not allowed 4d30 in the Battle Gym of the Inn would not be granted permission to join her anyway.

4. If you do enter with Venis, you leave with Venis. And once Venis is out, the thread will be locked. DO NOT get your character locked in the Death Pool.

5. Do not chop off any extremities of characters with muns. This includes fingers, toes, arms, legs, heads, and tails when applicable.

6. There will be no death blows dealt to any character who has a mun. If you want to kill something, kill an NPC. If you attack a character with a mun, and you roll extremely high, it will be considered an extremely severe blow. But the beings that will be in there should be able to heal from such a thing with time. This is very important. NO DEATH STRIKES on characters with muns.

Non-registered Guests:

1. If you are here to play, not just watch, you know the rules. State your registration information at the beginning of your first post. And do not play with different names in each post, or use someone else's name. Play fair here people.

2. If you want to die, play in someone else's section of the Pool. No death strikes means no death strikes. I am sure this is not the only Pool location open on the Internet.

3. Do not enter the Death Pool unless you believe your character can handle the fighting.

4. No one from within the Death Pool can have contact with Venis before she enters the Death Pool.

5. You will use 4d30 dice just like the rest of us, or your post will be deleted.

6. Once Venis leaves the Death Pool the thread will be locked, if you wish to continue in the Death Pool longer than go to another Pool.

7. Do not cut off any extremities of characters with muns. This includes, fingers, toes, arms, legs, heads, and tails when applicable.

8. There will be no death blows dealt to any character who has a mun. If you want to kill something, kill an NPC. If you attack a character with a mun, and you roll extremely high, it will be considered an extremely severe blow. But the beings that will be in there should be able to heal from such a thing with time. This is very important. NO DEATH STRIKES on characters with muns.

Now that everyone is familiar with the rules and the consequences of breaking those rules, happy playing and enjoy the read. Venis has some steam to blow off.

1 - 14 = 0 points
15 - 19 = 1 point
20 - 24 = 2 points
25 - 29 = 3 points
.......30 = 4 points

Play to 20 to keep it moving!

Last edited by Venis Jordianthan on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

THE DEATH POOL!  {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too} Empty Re: THE DEATH POOL! {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too}

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:01 am

Venis had managed to get away from the Inn without any followers. At least she hoped. She at least knew that Shuda was going to keep Seleen from following. She wasn't going to head straight for her destination. Too easy for someone to track her. No, she was headed to her destination via the scenic route. So she headed into the woods in a direction that would cause her to double back.

Once she was in the woods she was listening and feeling for anything and everything. She was not trying to get any innocent bystanders hurt. She watched everywhere she went as she wound her way through the woods. Heading too far west she found herself looking through the trees at her house and her garden and her club. Wally had closed the club for the holidays. No one was home at the house. She figured they were out looking at Christmas lights or something.

She took a chance to go to her garden. She hadn't even stopped in her garden when she had been home a few weeks before to pick up weapons from the war room. Right now she was headed through the gate of her garden and she remembered that she was going to have the silver roses from outside the gates of the Rose potted and given to Epiphany. She went over to the fence and told one of the guards to make sure that that was taken care of first thing in the morning.

She went and looked at her flowers some more. Was she feeling sentimental, or was she in a mood to stop and smell the roses? Not at all. Truth be known, she had heard a noise and wanted to make sure she was somewhere she could see what the noise was, without something getting the drop on her. And she was beyond safe where she was. Her guards kept her house surrounded twenty-four seven. Someday, if anyone ever asked, she would explain why her security measures were always so high.

She exited her garden through the side gate on the other side and circled around the house and club to get back into the woods. What ever or who ever the noise was, it was gone. Probably someone or something that had no idea who she was or anything else. Which was why she took the time to loose the being rather than turn and attack. Yes, she was acting rather strange for someone in her position. But this way, she was now behind the being. Tactical maneuvers always were her favorite.

back in the woods now she headed in the right direction for a ways. But when she got to the hidden path she kept going. She didn't take the turn. She was serious about not being tracked. She knew that there were some who she would not be able to loose no matter what she tried. But if they kept tracking her through all this backtracking and winding through the woods than they deserved a moment of her time. But then again, anyone who could track her that good, probably wasn't looking for her anyway.

Back to top Go down

THE DEATH POOL!  {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too} Empty Re: THE DEATH POOL! {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too}

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:32 am

Venis had traveled for a while, and had not heard anything else tracking her. Gave more proof to the idea that the previous sound was an unfortunate coincidence. She went around a grouping of trees and headed back to the hidden path. She paused for a moment before she started down the path.

She stood there with her eyes closed for a moment of time. Only Venis knew what she was doing while standing there. But then she opened her eyes and walked down the path. Slowly, somberly and making sure she payed full attention to any sights, sounds or feelings.

She started down the hidden path and came to the fork in the road. Only weeks before, she had sent JonLouis and Emilia to the left of this fork. Today, Venis went to the right. She wandered down the path for almost an hour. Had she not known that her destination was at the end she would have given up and gone back. But that was the point wasn't it?

She reached the end of the path, how would one know it was the end? Because there stood the Goddess ... Looking off the edge of a cliff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:19 am

((Come on Venis. Jump already. Speak the words and jump, we're waiting for you my dear. You have killed my last four characters in Death Pools. And even without your rules, you cannot kill this one. I have put a few years into this one, and I think Venis is going to feel the pain when he get's through with her. Love you woman. Now JUMP!!!!))

Sandman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:54 am

((You asked for it Sandman, you know I had to wait for the Lifeguard. But now you're in for it. Come feel the pain kiddo.))

Venis took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Then she spoke the words that only she knew. Each person who entered the Pool for the first time with a guest, and then lived to leave was given their own language to unlock the pool with. It was always the same two sentences to be used. One to get in, the other to get out. Venis had not spoken these words in years. But now her words had been spoken. And there was a burst of light, that was her signal. She jumped.

Venis only feel about ten feet before she fell through the portal and it closed behind her. When she landed, she was in a solid white room. She stood there with her feet shoulder length apart, her hands clasped behind her back and her head down. She was waiting for that voice to come out of no where and log her in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifeguar Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:11 am

It was only moments before she heard that very voice she was waiting for. Out of nowhere in the blank white room that seemed to be a void with no windows or doors, the voice came to her. The voice had a feminine tone, but no one could truly tell if it was a female unless they listened closely. And what was the name of the source of this voice? The Lifeguard. Who else would you expect to be watching over a pool?

So now the voice would address the Goddess. "Welcome back Goddess. You know the rules. State your name for the record. Include your titles. Remember, this could end up on your death certificate. Then register your weapons, and list your next of kin. I will take four. Remember that they have to be able to come here if I cal to them. You may begin Goddess." The Lifeguard now would wait for the Goddess to register.

Lifeguar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:32 am

Venis looked up, it seemed logical for her to do so as that is where the voice seemed to come from. That, and it opened the airway so that she could be heard clearly. "Thank you Lifeguard. It is good to be back ma'am. And yes, I do remember the rules."

She cleared her throat and spoke to the nothingness that surrounded her, but she was addressing the Lifeguard. "Venis Celestial Sanderson Crow Asgard Jordianthan. The Vampire Goddess of Fire and Protection. Natural born Witch." That was the easy part. It was the next one that was hard.

Why would it be hard? She usually forgot at least one weapon and then couldn't use it. "Weapons, Lifeguard, include one Scottish claymore, one quadblade battle ax with a spike ball mace, one broad sword, and a bodice dagger. Add to those, fire, telepathy, diamond hard, sharp, fingernails, super-human strength, super-human speed, and fangs Lifeguard." She hoped she had them all covered. She recounted just in case.

Now that she had her weapons covered there was one last thing to cover. "Next of kin Lifeguard. Kahn Jordianthan, Vampire God of Ice and Death, husband. Dreconis Dragonis-Darkmane, God of Wind and War, son. Gawain Cauthon, werewolf, best friend. And as a last resort Lifeguard, Lady Casandra Lightheart of Claremount, human, other best friend." She should have put Tasha or Seleen instead of Casie as Casie was human, but she had already said Casie, so what was done was done. And as for registration, Venis was done.

Last edited by Venis Jordianthan on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifeguar Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:47 pm

The lifeguard was pleased that the Goddess had remembered her own special abilities this time. She usually forgot her teeth or nails. Once even forgot her fire. Made for a very boring show. "A new last name since your last visit Goddess? Congratulations. God of Death, how delicious. Bring him bye sometime. Of course, Touch of Death will not be allowed. That would be cheating. A son now too, it has been a while. He is Lord Krownar's?" She knew the answer, it was rhetorical. The last name gave him away. The Goddess has listed Lord Krownar Darkmane as a next of kin on a previous visit.

No one had entered with her, that was unusual as others were always trying to sneak in. "I am pleased to have you back Goddess. You make my night brighter with your battles. I wish you luck as there are many in the pool this night. Bring your husband and son sometime. I think they will have fun. If you survive this trip that is." Meniackle laughter rang out. "Of course, I know you will, you always do." Then there was a flash of light to the Goddess' right. It was her portal to step through out onto the field. The Lifeguard settled in to watch the show from wherever in space and time she was.

{Just so you know Venis, I was hesitant in allowing you this pool as you took the death out of it. But then it dawned on me, this way people will have a chance at surviving your visit. So I allowed it. Have fun, and I will be watching my dear.}

Lifeguar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Venis turned towards the portal. "Blessed be Lifeguard." And she drew her claymore and stepped through. She wasn't fifteen steps out onto the battle field before she saw a familiar face.

This being was about thirty feet from her and he was kicking a lifeless body off the end of his sword. He was a centaur and he had injured Venis once. He was skilled. But right now, he was at a disadvantage. She closed the distance between them as he got the body off his sword and looked up at her. The foolish man smiled at her.

"Happy day's, the Goddess has arrived." He was happy to see her. He loved battling against her.

She shook her head. "Tagnik'zur Senger, you're still alive?" There was no smile upon her face as she raised her sword.

He chuckled. "I am." And he began to raise his sword as well. So now it was a question of who was quicker, who was stronger.

Venis did smile then. "I'm sorry to see that, let me see if I can fix that for you." And she swung her sword at his neck. He had a chance to block her. But could he block her in time? No, she was almost willing to bet that his head would roll. *swipe*

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 pm

The member 'Venis Jordianthan' has done the following action : And the dice says....

'Attack' :
THE DEATH POOL!  {Extreme violence and probably some cussing too} 20-sided
Result : 16, 14, 3, 16

Dice Roll

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:43 pm

((2pts for Venis))

He had blocked her and she merely nicked his hand. It was a good wound that would sting, but far from removing his head.

His hand was going to hurt, but he would get over it. As she passed him he brought his sword down and stabbed towards the back of himself, where she was, from under his arm. Was she fast enough to get out of the way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:43 pm

The member 'Venis Jordianthan' has done the following action : And the dice says....

'Attack' :
Result : 4, 1, 20, 7

Dice Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:56 pm

((2pts for the centaur.))

This was going to be a long battle between the two. She had spun for her next strike as he tried to stab her. He had managed to slice her side slightly. Nothing that would even hurt let alone take long to heal. But her next strike was to his spine. Her sword swinging at his back with full force.

She was quicker than he remembered. He was going to have to turn around before he could strike at her again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:56 pm

'Attack' :
Result : 29, 19, 11, 15

Dice Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:02 pm

((5pts Venis. 7pts total.))

Now that was more like it. A slice right into the side of the centaur with her claymore.

He moved in time to save his spine as he spun around. He moved so that rather than a backhand shot he would be slicing into her stomach with a forehand shot. More power that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:02 pm

'Attack' :
Result : 6, 5, 3, 8

Dice Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:32 pm

((0pts for the centaur. 2 total))

More power perhaps. But that would only be effective if the Goddess hadn't bent over backwards and his sword had passed right over her. She pulled the quad-blade battle ax from her side and swung it at the centaurs legs.

He couldn't believe he had missed. His swing was completely wasted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:32 pm

'Attack' :
Result : 16, 25, 11, 11

Dice Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:21 pm

((4pts Venis 11pts total))

With a grin she hit the ground and rolled away not wanting the centaur to fall over on her.

She took out one of his four legs with that hit. And though he was a little thrown off by the attack, he did not fall over. What he did do was rise up in an attempt to stop her with the remaining front leg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:21 pm

'Attack' :
Result : 12, 1, 21, 4

Dice Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 pm

((2pts to the centaur 4pts total))

He had managed to catch her braid as she was rolling away. This caused a rather painful yank to the back of her head. So she rolled back towards him drawing her broadsword for a slash to the underside of him.

She was entirely too quick. And now she was coming after him with a broadsword.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 pm

'Attack' :
Result : 20, 15, 19, 18

Dice Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:25 pm

((5pts Venis 16pts total))

She managed a pretty good gash to his underbelly, but not enough to gut him. She seemed to be a little off her game as she began to scramble to her feet.

He was hurting now, she was truly getting to him this time. In what could in fact have been a very bad idea. As she was scrambling to her feet ... He bucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Roll Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:25 pm

'Attack' :
Result : 1, 5, 2, 4

Dice Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:48 pm

((0pts for the centaur 4pts total))

Silly beast, split gut and he bucks. Not smart. She still had the ax on one hand and as she got to her feet she turned and smashed it down on his hind quarters.

That was a lesson in futility. The second he tried to lift his hind legs did he no only remember he only had one front leg, but he widened the gash in his underbelly making all motion stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next