Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Being Reacquainted

2 posters

Go down

Being Reacquainted Empty Being Reacquainted

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 am

The time was late, and most things around the Inn were still. There was a task she had wanted to do this evening and she had been avoiding it but, after a late night walk with a friend, she was having more confidence. She always felt better after leaving his company.

It would make better sense for this to be done during the day, but a new day brought on new responsibilities and things that would have to be done. If she did this now, it can be out of her system and she would be able to move forward.

There she was, standing outside of the room that was assigned to Gawain Cauthon. So many things were attached to that name and, from the snatches of conversation she had heard, many things she did not know. Even now she was not sure what she wished to accomplish by this task of seeing him. Did not know what she expected to happened. But, since he had mentioned wanting to know about his family, she saw it as her duty to inform him.

A silvery gray gathered skirt with white trim, a white blouse with cap sleeves, and a gray shawl about her shoulders was he attire for the evening. Her hands folded in front of her, right over left. Dark hair pulled back from her ears. She stared at the door as if willing it to do the task for her.

"Oh for goodness sakes. He probably knows that I'm out here." Her frustration showed and she was thankful that no one else was in the halls to see it. Taking a moment to still herself and regain her composure. Standing tall, her chin up and eyes straight ahead, she knocked on the door.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Being Reacquainted Empty Re: Being Reacquainted

Post by Gawain Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:01 pm

A low voice was heard from inside the room, almost muffled. "Please come in, Sister. I have a feeling we have much to discuss." If he opened the door right now, she would see him lying on the bed with a pillow over his face.
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:31 am

He called her sister, perhaps it would be to her good. It would serve to remind her what she was - or soon will be- and keep her emotions in check. Being addressed by that title caused her to stand upstratier, if that were even possible. Reaching out with her right hand she opened the door.

Stepping in she let the door close under it's own power and returned to folding her hand in front of her. Inside she was a torrent of emotion, but she had it under control.

Now, how to address him.

"Gawain Cauthon," she knew his name. Maybe he would expect her to know it. "do you know why I am here?"
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:16 pm

Gawain blinked as he rose. She knew his name? Curiouser and curiouser. Exactly how far down the rabbit hole had he slid? "I know that you are a Sister, and more. I know you, and I honestly apologize for not knowing exactly why. I've lost more to time and chance than I would've liked to. If you would, please have a seat. See, I've smelled your scent once before, and it is tied up in some very, very deep emotions. Yes, I know why you're here. There's no accident in my coming here, is there? You somehow hold the final piece of what I've been searching for...or at least know how to find it."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:19 pm

"There are no accidents," stated in a calm tone as she walked across the room, heading the to seat he offered her to take. "And there are no mistakes. Those are only excuses for the unprepared." She was hardly prepared for everything that life had to offer. The trick is to seem prepared, even when you are not.

That is what a Sister would say isn't it? De'Ryanna was trying her best to appear as a full fledged Sister, even if she was a step away from it. Though, if she had picked an Ajah, the silver grey color of her shawl marked her circle.

Sitting in the chair she crossed her ankles and folded her hands in her lap. Dark brown eyes looked straight ahead at him. "I have news concerning your family and, with the things that are to come, you should know that they are alive though assumed you were dead when the bond was lost."

Maintaining her composure was a challenge and she felt that her nerves were going to be betrayed. "News that you are alive is sure to be welcome."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 am

"That...was what I wanted to ask, but didn't know how." He carefully turned his face from her, and surreptitiously wiped a tear away. "I don't know why I left, I have no idea. All I know is that I had a wife and two small children whom I love very much, and I hope they don't despise me after all this time." A short, quiet, and above all, bitter laugh followed. "I did them a favor, most likely. My sorry hide around means trouble, doesn't matter where I roam."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:29 pm

"She always told them, your children, that their father was away on duty. That when he had served his time, that he would return." It was odd, sitting in the same room as him, on different sides, as if they were strangers. In a way they were strangers. "Always assured of your love for them." Speaking of herself in third person, telling the tale as if it wasn't her own.

Staying in the chair she didn't move but continued to sit still; eyes continued to watch him. "When the bond vanished . . .they.. thought you had died," De'Ryanna had almost said 'I' instead of they, "Your wife would not concede that you were dead, she simply said that you were 'lost'."

Taking a moment to pause she dropped her Sedi composure for a moment and ruffled her skirt. "You should be happy to know that your daughter, while she was in the tower, did very well at her studies. She is very strong in the Source. Has been since she was a small girl. I suppose that's a by product of an Aes Sedia mother...and an Asha'man father." Letting that hang for a moment.

"Your son, Xavier, boy is always playful but highly skilled with the blade. He trained under the Warders in the Tower. You would be proud of him."

De'Ryanna stood from her seat and took a step or two towards him, where he sat on the bed. Hands folded in front of her, she tipped her chin up. Her stance was strong and her eyes determined. A reflection of a younger version of her mother. "How lost are you? Look at me. Look at me and tell me who I am."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:15 pm

Gawain froze, then, looking at once jubilant and miserable, he leapt up, knocking the chair askew. "Y-you...? And.....Xavier? Alive, Tower-trained, and well?" He paused, laughing through tears left unshed for years. "That look gave it away. You looked so much like your mother used to when she'd catch me sneaking in after raiding a chicken-coop....old habits die hard. So....does an old man who lost his way rate a hug?"
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 am

He knew who she was, even if it was because she reminded him of her mother, the point was that he knew. And after all these years. Unlike her mother she never hoped to think that he was still alive, it was easier to believe that he wasn’t, therefore this whole experience was rather daunting.

Especially that he wanted a hug; she couldn’t remember the last time she hugged someone. Internal struggle between maintaining a collected composure, and her joy at knowing he was here. She took a step forward, and then another.

“Welcome back. Father.” With the close of her words she had crossed the distance and hugged her father for the first time in many years.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:21 pm

His arms went around her, and he sniffled slightly. Head cold! He's not crying or anything! Still, he -was- kind of sentimental at the moment, and his voice cracked a little as he spoke. "I was so scared the entire time, kid. I thought you'd hate me, thought you'd BE like me, you and your brother..." Something occured to him, and he stopped. "Wait....why the name change? And has your brother changed his as well? Your mother?" Loads of questions, tons, actually.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:25 pm

De'Ryanna, being unaccustomed to hugs in the first place, didn't keep her arms around him long. Especially when he started to get sentimental. It was when he started asking questions about the change of name that she removed her arms to back away.

"Mother's name is still the same; so is Xaviers. I swear you look like him." Though older. That is to say, her brother was a younger version of their father. "I've.. worn a couple last names besides my given one of Cauthon. Shadoan, le'Cree, and now Aybara. A different location, a different identity."

Kid.

She would not let that get to her. In many ways she was still a 'kid' and she was his 'kid' at that.

"By like you, do you mean off fighting and involved in wars? You might want to thank Mother for that. Never wanted us to be like the two of you. After time in the tower we were sent off to be Fostered until we reached a legal age while she went off on business. Her and that cat...."

She smiled. De'Ryanna might have some resentment, but it was closeted away. "We should talk more at a later date."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:01 am

"Cat?!" He spluttered, clearly astounded. "That fleabag is still around? Not that it surprises me, nor does the fact that she Fostered you two. And no, not the fighting or war thing. I meant...you know, your father just happens to be a werewolf. I didn't know if it passed through the bloodline or something. Light, but every answer leads to more questions!" He stopped, clearly remembering something. "One more thing. Did your mother...I mean, does she...you know, is she angry?" He scrubbed at his hair as if it were loaded with hay. "Only she said, one time, that if I left again she would have to murder me. Trust me, deary, if there's one person on this rock we call home that could do it, it'd be your Mom. Not that that's the only reason I ask, I just....well, I miss her. I mean, now that I remember....y'know, stuff." He wasn't prepared to reveal the extent of his recall, not yet. "Wait....you mentioned the Tower. Do they still stand? Both of them? And did you ever run into Cadsuane? Wicked old lady...nasty right hook, as I recall. Sent a lot of us reeling, back in the day. Dragon Reborn or not, she didn't care. Bam! and you were on your back, wondering which donkey cart ran you over!"
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:33 pm

"...your father just happens to be a werewolf."

Oh. That. De'Ryanna turned when he spoke of that and started examing small things that laid about the room. It was something she didn't talk about, mainly because it was something that she couldn't do. He had mentioned it, so it would not be right to stay silent on it now.

"That trait made your son one of the best, if not the best, trackers in the service. He has the ability to shift at will - though he's more animalisctic during the full moon. " She lifted her chin upwards and pressed her hands to her side. "I can't. Must be a male thing. Besides, it's in lady like." Secretly De'Ryanna was jealous of her brother for having that ability.

"As for Mother, I haven't told her you're alive, or sent word. Yet. And the towers are still there. Though I don't know the condition of the Ash'aman."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:48 am

"Ryanna......I'm only going to ask you for two boons. You have every right to say no, but I hope you won't. Firstly, I want to ask your forgiveness for being a terrible father." He dropped to his knees at that statement. "Secondly, I.....I want you to let her know that I have found my way back, and that the fire that burned within me for her still burns brightly. I don't expect to be forgiven, but I would like to at least see her, as well as Xander, at least one more time." He turned away from her, lest she see the tears that were welling up on his eyelids. "I lost myself, dearest daughter, and you were instrumental in me finding what was lost. I owe you more than I can ever repay, but if there is anything....ANYthing....I can do for you, you have only to ask. I love you, my little one. With all the pieces of my heart, I do. You, your mother, and your brother. Life was Hel without you, even during the two years I was stuck in the form of a wolf. That, I fear, is another story for when we both have time."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:19 pm

When he started talking again De'Ryanna saw that he was on his knees. Much to her surprise. It registered quickly on her facial features before vanishing. There were only two men she expected to see at her feet and her father was not one of them.

Bringing her hands up she folded them in front of her waist. There was another thing that surprised her and that was saying that he would do anything for her. He should have known better; he probably did. Nevertheless, it was said and she was not going to forget. A smile pulled at the corner of her lips. Anything. He was lucky that she was not her mother.

"I will send a letter," she began as she headed towards the door, "but I cannot make any promises." When she reached the door she stopped and turned to look at him. "I forgive you, and I will address you as Father for that is your right. However, I don't know how much warm it will carry because you are more like a stranger to me, or a fictional character brought to life. In time I am sure this will change."

Turning the knob she opened the door. "Goodnight. Father."
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:55 pm

"Good night, Ryanna. I don't expect this to be an overnight fix, nor do I expect things to be easy. After all, my training....Light, my life...has taught me that nothing worth having is ever easily gained. I thank you, my daughter, for the talk. It was truly more than I deserved, and even more than I hoped for." He rose, and after scrubbing at his eyes a bit, he half-smiled. "I love you, my chalinda."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum