Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Job Offer...

Go down

Job Offer... Empty Job Offer...

Post by Beastie Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 am

He had finished many things, but now it was time for him to find Manny. He had a proposal he wanted to share. Gods how he hated walking up so many flights of stairs. More of a chance for him to fall through the floors. All he needed was to break his neck.

He bypassed Tasha's and Seleen's door without much of glance, and then Venis'. When he came to the door of the room the Venis' bodyguards were in he knocked softly and waited.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Job Offer... Empty Re: Job Offer...

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:53 am

Manny got up from the papers he had before him, not really able to concentrate on them anyway. He walked over and opened the door. "Yes ... Oh, Dre, come on in." Manny took a few steps back and pulled the door back for him. "What can I do for you today?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:00 am

Standing there he looked at Manny.

"Hello Manny. Not interrupting I hope?" he said as he cautiously stepped in. He crouched down and looked at him.

he waited for him to sit down. "Well I had an offer for you and the men. I am opening a forge, and well need a security team. Figure three men a night any rotation would work. And I would pay them extra from my own money. No arguing there. But it is up to you and then men really. I know the Goddess has been keeping you busy. If the men decline, then maybe you can point me to some you trust."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 am

Manny looked up at the board that hung above the desk. "Three a night you say?" He looked over the board some more. "Yes, I believe we can accommodate you Dre. And you know you can't pay them. Your mother would flip." He added the request to the board in a new color. His way of keeping track of who was where. "It's not a problem at all."

He smiled and turned to face him. "So, how have you been? I never put much stock into rumors, you know me. I'd rather hear it from the source." Manny loved Dre like a son, and it had been so long since they had talked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:16 am

"Whether she flips or not Manny, I will deal with it. The men will get paid by me. You can let them know that. I do not care if they never spend it or what, but they will get paid. This is a job for me. Not the Goddess." his tone was a serious one and it showed one way or another it was going to get done.

he returned the smile then. "Rumors about me eh? What kind? As far as how I have been," he shrugged. "Should have stayed with my last job." He chuckled at that.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:32 am

"The rumors, dear boy, involve you ant your mother still not getting along. And by the way you keep referring to her as the Goddess it makes me wonder if they hold some truth to them." He turns more in his seat. "Come on, make an old man happy. Talk to me, let me see if I can't try and help. You know I never take her side if she's wrong. Hell, I try not to take sides at all. I just listen and sometimes open my big fat trap and offer an opinion."

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:48 am

He chuckled at that and nodded. "They are true Manny. We are not getting along. In fact, I do not know if we will. People see me as the bad guy, and i know she does as well. But it is more then that. Manny I actually hate her a little. I hate how she came into my life, turned it upside down and then was gone. I hate how she still treats me as if I am a fledgling. I hate how she seems to be able to do no wrong and yet I always do. I hate how she can include others into her plans, but not me or Krystal or any of the other siblings. I feel we are not trusted, not wanted. That if we are not a select few, and no I will not name them.

"No one seems to care about the pain all this has caused me and Krystal or the others. Just what it caused her. You know Seleen wanted to dance with me, because I am in the wrong.

"You know I did many a thing to survive, but I also enjoyed choking and killing any redhead woman I had thinking it was her. THAT is how bad my hate is for her. I am some kind of God yet I know not what I am to do. But yet she can flaunt her gifts in front of me. Then there is this Benjamin, actually no there is not. Not my call there."

He went on and told Manny everything, everything he had been through and had done. Like confessing to a priest, finally he said. "i do not feel like her son, Manny. I feel like a pet that she wants around when she wants around. Nothing more."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:07 am

Krys was waliking around the Inn, looking fr some fun, when she found herself on the third floor where her mother's room was. She saw her brother, and Manny talking and heard her name. She smiled at them. "Hello, Manny, Hello Dre, did I just hear my name."

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:13 am

He looked up and saw her.

"Sis how long you been standing there?" he growled softly, thinking maybe she heard to much.

"What you may or may not have heard, you keep to yourself. Got it?"

He can not believe his luck. Teach hm to let his guard down.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:23 am

Krys looked hurt. "Geez Dre, Yes Sir. I just hit the top step, I didn't hear anything. I was joking about hearing my name." She didn't understand why her brother was mad at her. To her knowledge she hadn't done aything." I was just looking for someting to do." She had to, she was having a hardtime adjusting to her mother being baclk. Although she was relieved a first to see her. Krys was now feeling like her and Dre were not on top of her list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:31 pm

Manny smiled. "Krystal dear, if you would excuse us please. I will come find you later for a visit, but right now, I need to talk to your brother." He smiled and watched her leave. "Perhaps we should close the door."

He got up and walked over to close it. Then he addressed Dre's words. "I thought that you came into her life, did you not find her at The Rose and tell her who you were, or perhaps your father told her. Forgive me, mortal mind of many years here. I sometimes loose details. Regardless, you know she never meant to leave you, don't you? And as far as turning your life upside down, I was not aware she had done so. How exactly did she do that?"

Manny was curious about all the tiny details because they too were pieces of the puzzle. "I don't see you as the bad guy Dre, I see you as the injured son. She hurt your heart, albeit unintentionally. But you are not the bad guy. On the other hand, when it comes to her absence, she is not the bad guy either. She was kidnapped by Vlad, you've been told this, have you not?" He hoped he was not saying something he shouldn't, but he would face her wrath if he was. It was worth it to help him if he could.

"Perhaps she treats you as a child because in the amount of time you have been in her life is the collective amount of years that you would still be a child. Does that make sense?" Manny nearly confused himself with that one. "She is trying to hard to show you how much she loves you and is smothering you, yes?" Manny was getting worried that this might not be fixable after all. But he was stubborn and relentless.

"What brings you to say that she can do no wrong Dre? I have heard that she has been yelled at by one of Gawain's children here in this very Inn. I have also spoken to some others around and they seem to think that she is being nosy and she butts in on things that are none of her business. Also, someone said she was quick tempered and ..." He scratches his head. "I can't remember what else the lady called her, but it wasn't nice. In fact, I have heard a lot of Venis bashing as of late."

He got this look on his face that would have said worry and confusion were it not for the facial hair. "As far as her plans go, I'm not sure her escape was a plan. At least not her plan. I have a feeling that with that one she was simply playing the hand that was dealt her, and I was told it was to save Tasha. Was that not the case? I know that she originally planed to have Gypzee heal her. But when she changed her plans, she included you in those, didn't she?"

Manny wasn't sure if he was right or not, it had been what he had been told, and it made sense to him when he heard it. He lowered his head, and his voice for a moment. "Dre, I was working with the council when they tried to form a rescue party ... I compiled the list." He looked up at him again and began to list off names that he put on the list. "Kahn Jordianthan, Dreconis Dragonis-Darkmane, Gawain Cauthon, Trever Knight, Airtia Shadoan, Alexander Sanderson, Gypzee McCarthy, Krystal Crow ... I made that list Dre. I sent the messengers to find you all. That was me, not her. I messed that up." A tear fell from the old mans eye and he looked away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Well that was the most he had ever heard Manny talk.

"I was at the Rose yes, after my father. I do not recall who came into who's life, maybe it was as you said Manny. Does not really matter.' He gave a shrug. "What will be will be and what was can not be undone."

"Manny imagine if you will the scene I paint before you. A child told he is adopted. A child who looks like no other in a wide area. A child raised by a True Brujah of the 5th Generation and a Wood Elf. A child taught to be almost like you Manny, human. To Dance. To Forge. To weave the threads. To enjoy life. To know only these two people and no other.

"Now take that same child and age him. Leave him in that same situation, but have him more learned about many things. Now send him out into the world. have him join the Society and find out that his life has been full of lies. He was not adopted. His father is his real father. His mother is a Goddess which means he is a demigod.

"Now then add to that the fact that he is learning more about his heritage and that he is shifting all all that. His father dies and then poof. everyone he cares about and loves is gone. he has no idea how to use his godlike powers, what all he can do as a halfbreed freak of nature. His two mothers seeming to hate each other and arguing which is the better mother; which still goes on to this day. Now do you see what I mean?"

He pauses and closes his eyes thinking.

"As far as doing no wrong, well maybe she is getting that now. Maybe mind you. But before she was not. She can show off her her talents when and where she likes. Me I can not. Hell I do not even know what I am suppose to do. So by me then council can take it back. All of it.

"I became a part of the plans because I was here. You know that and I know that. If my feet had not happen to cross the inn's threshold, things would have gone on, and maybe been better. I mean it seems like she is shunning her own daughter. How fair is that to Krystal? As for the last Manny, it is not your fault. I am starting to see I was not meant to be found. A freak like me and a nut job like me. How could I have helped. I am second rate to any on that list."

He turned his head and looked out the window. Lowering his head a moment

Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 am

As Manny sat there listening he returned his gaze to Dre with tear filled eyes. Three words struck a nerve in the old man's heart. 'Freak of Nature', that was unacceptable. But he would let him finish.

Once he turned to look out the window Manny finally spoke again. His voice was cracked and it betrayed his emotional state. His heart was broken because he felt as if he had let them down, all of them. "Dre, listen please. You are not a freak of nature. Do not ever let anyone ever tell you that you are. You are unique son, you are a very special being, a miracle. Don't you forget it."

Manny took a deep breath then, trying to calm himself. Those three words had made him cry harder. "I admit, had I gone through the things you had gone through, Dre, it would have killed me. At some points quite literally. But trust me, the old saying holds true ... That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You have had some crap to deal with my boy, I understand that. And I am so very sorry to hear about your children. That must have been hell. Unfortunately, on that one, I can only sympathize. That is one pain I will never know."

Manny got out a tissue and wiped his face. "Those women, they were wrong for you. I always tried to be nice to Mil'isa for you, but she always rubbed me wrong for some reason. I just never knew how deep her evil ran. I am truly sorry. I can honestly say that I wish I had been here for you. I'm not sure how much use I would have been, but still."

He wiped the tears away again. "And for the life of me I cannot understand how someone would use you as a work horse, or as a servant, or ... well as anything other than a friend. I mean, you are large, and you will make one hell of a warrior one day. You are well on your way top being there already. Perhaps you and your mother can find away to get passed this and she can help you again. Or if not, then there are others. Dre, you are destined for greatness, I know this in my heart."

He wasn't sure what had come over him, but he felt the need to just keep talking to Dre and make sure that Dre knew that there was at least one person who was willing to listen and who loved him. "If I had been where you were, I would have lost my temper a thousand times over. I would be wishing for your mothers way of exploding simply to have an outlet, I'm telling you. Tell me, have you forgotten the lessons she gave you before her abduction?"

Manny thought that maybe he had forgotten some. It seemed like he had. "Like your wings? I remember how proud you were of those wings Dre. I would love to see you sprout them again. Let her back in, let her show you the way once more. She needs to get over this whole anger thing she has going on. She needs to chill out. Seriously."

He took a deep breath, not sure why he was about to say what he was about to say, but he said it anyway. "But Dre, you need to chill too. She wasn't trying to abandon you guys. Granted, she hasn't been miss perfect Mommy since she got back, but she's trying to be a mother to you kids. Maybe trying a little too hard. She just doesn't know how to fix things that happened while she was gone, and you don't know how to forgive her for those same things. But none of those things were her fault and she cannot undo them."

He shook his head, he was going to regret saying this. "Dre, the past cannot be changed, you said so yourself. So how is it fair to either of you for you to continue to tell her you hate her and will never forgive her for leaving you? She came back. You are here with her. I think you should just knock her in the face once and tell her to never ever allow herself to be kidnapped again and then give her a very much needed hug and tell her you love her. And I think she should just stand there and take it and hug you back."

If Venis had ever heard what Manny had just said she would have toasted him where he sat. "You both have feelings that are not going to do anything but fester if you don't deal with them. You two need to get it out and get passed it. It can't be undone." Was he done? Yea, for a second. More could come depending on Dre. He wanted Dre to understand that this wasn't his fault, Dre was not the bad guy here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:41 am

He looked at Manny. "What will be will be. That is the way of things. A sword not only cuts others but cuts oneself at times as well."

He sighed as he looked at the window. "Thank you Manny. You are the first one to actually listen to me. Yes, I survived it and became stronger. But I have to wonder if there is more then just surviving. If I can live again."

He shook his head and stood. "Anyhow, what about that job. Think the boys will be interested and not mind working for a Beastie?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Manny smiled for the first time since the beginning of this conversation. "Well, don't you think it's time for the two for you to put down your swords?" He got up and walked over to Dre. He put his right hand on his right shoulder. Men didn't usually hug, Manny was different, but he didn't want to overstep any boundaries so the hand on the shoulder his version of a masculine hug.

He patted his shoulder as he spoke more. "Trust me my boy, there is still some life to be had out there, even for you. I think the future may hold some pleasant surprises. Just sit back and watch, something good will come of all this chaos, somehow."

When Dre stood Manny removed his hand without letting it slide down his back. "The job will be handled. The men will be happy to have something to do." He stepped back to give Dre room to move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:03 pm

He nodded and smiled.

"Good," he said. He started to walk away but stopped. "Manny, you know I have more people in my life then just the Goddess right? I have to make amends with Sheena as well, and Krystal. Both are as much my family as anyone else is. Others I have adopted are not here, but one day maybe I will be able to make amends with them as well. But definitely have to with Sheena. She raised me. She put up with all I have done and all my moods. That makes her my mother as well. If I sheathe the sword for one, then I need to for the other as well.

"It has been sheathed with you. But there is still Tasha, Sheena, and Krystal for sure. I am sure I have wronged others. But man do I have one weird family." He chuckled at that. "But hey, it helps me where I can I know this. As for the Goddess, I do not hate her for her. I hate her for what she did and for how I was left high and dry. Yes I understand what happened, and I hate Vlad for that as well. But hate is a powerful thing. May no one, and I mean no one, go through what have been through and treat their family as I have.

"Let me know Manny when they want to start and how much they agree on. Let them know if I do not think it is fair they will pay for it in the Arena. A personal Dance witht he Beastie"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:07 am

Manny nodded as Dre spoke. "Yes, I know that there are others. And I think that making amends with all of them is a good idea. As long as they make amends to you as well. And I will feel so much better when you start calling Venis mom again. I always admired you for having two moms who loved you so much. Most people are doing good to have one parent who actually cares about them. You have had three of them who have loved you with every fiber of their being."

Manny smiled again. "Well, just remember, you may have wronged them, but they were not perfect either. Make sure that it balances out. And yes, I can honestly say your family is weired, but it works, most of the time. And Venis' crimes were not intentional, give her a chance to make up for them."

Manny walked back over to the board to see who was doing what. "You want them to start tonight? I can send Jorge and Bo. Just let me know when you want them there. I don't know what the charge is going to be, I'll discuss it with them later. I am sure it won't be much. They don't really want for money you know. And I know none of them want to dance with you." Manny laughed then. It was a joke, he knew that some of the men would spar with Dre just for the sport of the dance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:58 am

He nodded. "Tonight is fine. Midnight to dawn is the time I worry about the most. I will have the layouts of the forge brought to you by dinner time. As for everything else. Well we shall see. Thank you Manny. Now I have taken enough of your time and I have a bored sister to apologize to for yelling at her." He stopped and grinned, "Any idea where the bat is?" He left chuckling.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Manny nodded to Dre about the times and the layout. He smiled when he had said that they would see. "You are welcome to stop by anytime Dre, I always have time for you. Tell your sister the same please. As for the bat, try furgirls room." Manny smiled and chuckled. He was a jolly old man once again. Once Dre was gone, he went to his closet and opened it to make sure that he had remembered to grab something he might need later, he thought it might come in handy if it was going to be a while before they returned home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum