Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

nuts enough to write a novel... ][ that's me! =D

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

nuts enough to write a novel... ][ that's me! =D - Page 2 Empty Re: nuts enough to write a novel... ][ that's me! =D

Post by Epiphany Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:40 pm

No! I can't share, you all will laugh and point fingers and look at me with your heads tilted to the side with the universal expression of 'Whaaa...." going across it! Oh. Wait. That happens anyway. Well then, I guess there's no reason why I can't!

My worst writing habit this time around was, and is, the style. Coming up I always was taught that writing in First person was a major faux pas. You simply didn't do it, and as role-player writing that way was even consider 'scandalous.' Write in third-person or don't write at all.

I tried doing my story following all of the 'writing norms' but that wasn't working. It wasn't working for me and it wasn't working for the voices in my head (luckily they were not telling me to burn things....) The story wanted to be written fro the first-person point of view and I gave in to what the muse wanted and things simply worked. So that's my writing habit and a good reason as to why I'm shirking at the sharing option, but nevertheless!

Nevertheless.

Huzzah for you two! Your smileys are in the mail -winks-
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

nuts enough to write a novel... ][ that's me! =D - Page 2 Empty Re: nuts enough to write a novel... ][ that's me! =D

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:28 pm

no, it wasn't easy. speaking as someone who still has a seriously ailing family member, i hope that peace and good health have already found your father and that he's doing well and at home.

i think if there's one thing that doing NaNoWriMo taught me, it's that there's never going to be 'perfect' conditions to make one's dreams possible, and that those who achieve their dreams really do it despite the odds. while this November certainly wasn't perfect creating conditions for me, in a way that made hitting 50k all the sweeter - there was more time in the day than i thought, and i was able to be there for my career, family, husband, friends, do one or two fun things, and really only my still dirty ass apartment has suffered as it's only gotten the bare minimum of cleaning >.>

i think truly experiencing how much is possible if one is determined is a huge, empowering lesson so yay for us for learning it!

i took the last two days off to put turkey in my face, spend time with my nana, and to do a little holiday shopping, but now i'm back to the grindstone and hoping to do 5000 or 6000 words this weekend. as tempted as i am to go back and read what i have so far i'm not going to let myself, because tinkering is another bad writing habit of mine and i think to overcome that i need to push myself to the end. i'm on chapter ten, having fun writing a version of the Sandman into the book as character of questionable intentions, and happy to say i'm so far into this!

congratulations to you too ter, and best of writing to all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Serfius Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Congrats you guys, I gave it my best effort as well....but due to my move coming this week I cam short. I ended up with about 40,000. And I have not had a single chance to even think of what to write, let alone actually type it up....But I am still pretty satisfied with my work. Next year...hopefully I won't be moving the same month as trying to write.

Good work guys!
Serfius
Serfius

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 am

only 40,000?? only? there is no only sir when it comes to 40k, that's a huge count and you should feel loud and proud about it, especially when you have other stuff going on!

i'm having trouble bouncing my brain back from the thanksgiving holiday, but i got some solid writing in today and hope to write some more tomorrow before michael and i leave for our fun overnight jaunt to atlantic city. so when all is said and done, i'll be short of my personal goal when December 1st hits, but that's okay so long as i keep writing!

you should keep writing too, don't stop just because november is stopping. there's a whole new month after you're done moving =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Just ... Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:06 am

Thank you all ... So this is what it feels like for others to be proud of you?  I can honestly say that this is a first for me.  You guys made me feel so proud of myself for this.  Your sincerity is very touching.  And believe me, I am proud of all of you as well.  It doesn't matter if you made 50,000 words or 5,000 words, either way, you tried.  And that is all we can do in this life.  We never know what we can accomplish until we try ...

As far as my dad goes, he made it home late Thanksgiving night, which was wonderful.  My baby brother and I had made a turkey, and it tasted pretty good if I do say so myself.  And we timed dinner so that when they got home, they headed right to the table for a full on feast that my brother and I prepared.  I would not say he is exactly well, and as far as peace goes there is no such thing in this house, but he is home, and that is what matters. 

I too took some time off for stuffing my face and family time.  It was rather nice.  Especially when I showed my mom and dad my little winners certificate from NaNoWriMo and they cheered for me.  I've never, and I honestly mean never, seen them cheer for me before.  And my dad even wanted me to show it off to other family members today, I honestly think he's proud of me ... And it only took 3 ... Um, over 30 years for it to happen.  But now it is time to catch up on posts, try to get out of some nearly year long time warps, and to catch up on some housework, but I still must finish my book too.  I refuse to give up until it is done. 

So what do you say Mindy ... Should we deem December National House Cleaning Month?  Because it seems that it is the housework that suffers the most.  LOL  Happy Writings to all ... Oh, and Seasons Greetings as well.

santa  rendeer 

Just ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2