Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Shortcut through the garden <open>

2 posters

Go down

Shortcut through the garden <open> Empty Shortcut through the garden <open>

Post by Inion Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 am

A window on the third floor opened and a through it emerged a pale form and flutter of wings. Inion was using the shortcut she had created at the Inn to her cottage. She also was using the one way to leave the Inn that would mean seeing the fewest people. She was really trying to avoid just one person, the one person that never failed to make her heart skip a beat. One would think that she would just aviod the Inn altogether but she couldn't stay away really.

After shutting the window she turned to head toward town, only to pause. It had been awhile since she had been to the gardens here. What started out as a shortcut, suddenly in a split second became a distraction. Inion's wings slowed their flutter as she slowly landed on the soft grass. The poor fairy was having such a hard time keeping her mind on track lately.

Dressed in jeans and a cream colored form fitting sweater, the weather was still a bit on the chilly side but not enough to wear a coat, Inion closed her wings and began a casual walk through the gardens. She had missed the gardens here, they held special memories for her. She paused at a bench beneath a tree and took a seat. Gentle lavender tinted eyes closed as she took a deep breath, she was listening to the sounds of the garden.
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Shortcut through the garden <open> Empty Re: Shortcut through the garden <open>

Post by Leo Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 pm

The hair of Leo was a ruffled mess by time that he did walk all the way from the top floor and reach the main one. His end direction was still the garden and with the latest run of fingers through his hair the hands they did stay back and give his strands a pull. It was not that the man was stressed but he did not know what it was that he should do.

He entered into the garden from the inside door and once he took a couple steps in his hands went into the pockets of his dark pants and he tipped his head back with a sigh. The air out here was always pleasant and calming and even at times rejuvenating and he stood there out of the way of the door for a moment before continuing.

While he walked the man thought about his time in this place, his doing that they were here. He picked the location because it was close - without being too close - to their shop in town and even if their room here was only used here and there he always liked to come back. How long it had been -a year, two, going on three - that they first arrived? He would have to pay respects to the staff for the upkeep of the rooms even while they were away.

That was one of the random thoughts that passed his mind while he walked. He was going in a direction that would have her coming up somewhere along his side and it was that he would have never seen her if the whistle of a cold weather bird had boy drawn his attention in that direction and the walk stopped. Leo was standing by some brush and a tree that would be lush with leaves come the spring but where she was he saw her easily and smiled. How long since he had last seen her?

Seeing her made him remember the paper of Knighthood she had given him along with the coat pin, necklace and dagger; all that he considered treasures. He even remembered that thin leather corded bracelet with the single silver string that he gave in return to keep until the time was that he came back.

Now was no time to be watching her from afar so this time the hand going through his hair was to soothe the ruffles to be somewhat presentable. His short jacket was black suede and kept him warm enough and when he was more in distance he spoke. "Lady Inion, your Knight has failed you." He was not the smoothest man when it would come to greetings after a long stretch of time.

Before she could stand, if that was her intention, he dropped to a knee, one hand upon it and the other on the cold ground. Leo was doing his best to hide his own grin. "I never found your halo. I have to wonder if it even exist." So he often fell to light topics or inside jokes.

Leo
Leo

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 am

She heard him speak and a smile touched her lips. Opening her eyes she watched him move closer and kneel and she frowned for a moment when he said he had failed her, but that frown only lasted a moment once he told her how he had failed. Her eyes twinkled and a bright laugh escaped her lips. A pale slender hand was placed on his shoulder as the other reached to lift his chin up. "Oh my dear Knight you have not failed me, the halo has been with you the whole time." The hand on his shoulder flicked behind his ear and yes she pulled a cheap magic trick and between her thumb and finger she held a small gold ring that was larger then the type one wears on a finger. A light toss and the ring landed on her open palm and grew larger. "See it has never left you, and its not even tranished."

If he had raised his chin so he could see her face, he would see the glint of laughter in her eyes and the bright smile on her lips. She leaned to give him a chaste kiss on the forehead. "Hello Leo, it is good to see you. I have missed my favorite partner in mischief." It had been a long time since she had seen him and was pleasantly surprised the find him wondering the garden also. Maybe the Gods distracted her for this reason, or it was just her scattered mind, either way she didn't mind. She placed her free hand in her lap and twirled the halo in the other.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:56 pm

To question Leo he would say that Fate liked to laugh at him: making it rain when it was that the man had no umbrella and tossing quirks into his everyday to see how he could handle. It may be that Inion being here was such a quirk but it was not one that he was going to give complaint.

She reached behind his ear and when she produced the halo he could not help the gruff laugh that first came out and the shake of his head that followed. "I knew that I should have washed better behind my ears." It was a joke and he watched where she sat it. His chin was up and the kiss on this forehead made him smile as it reminded him of the times before.

"And where is it that you have been?" She was settled and he rose slightly up from the ground only to turn and sit down next to her on the bench. "I know that I am away much but the last I saw of you...." He had to trail off on his own words and his hand even came up to scratch at the small tuff of hair on his chin. A frown almost came for he remembered that he never did go to see her after he returned and sent the bracelet.

"It's of no matter," for he would smile for her instead. "Tell me how you are and where it is you and the lady Juliet stay so perhaps it is that I may invoke mischief there."

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:47 am

(I almost had this post done when my laptop wigged on me lol so i had to wait till i didn't want to throw it out the window to start again )

Laughter filled the air as Leo spoke of washing behind his ear better, "well then I am glad it was just the halo I found there." She did miss the fact that he always made her laugh. She didn't have enough laughter in her life lately. She watched him move to sit on the bench with her.

"Where have I been, hmmm lets see, we have been on so many adventures this past year I dont know where to begin. Some better then others but adventures always add spice to ones life." She sat the halo down on the bench between them and shifted to face him better, her one leg moving to rest on the bench. "The girls and I and Croga have rented a cottage, since it seems my family decided to stay much longer then planned." A soft shurg of her shoulders, "seemed only best to have a bigger place." She gave him a wickedly cute crooked smile, "of course if you need a partner in mischief just knock on my door here and if I am home I will be more then happy to join in." She wasn't trying to be rude and not tell him excately where they were living these days she was just protecting her family. She kept the room here just for that reason.

She sat up very straight and put on her most serious face, "so good sire I require my knights to tell me of thier deeds of honor so that I can be sure they are keeping with the code of the knights. Tales of slaying of dragons, rescueing damsels from towers and evil uncles and the such." She managed to keep from giggling till the end but just barely. She couldn't hold it in any longer and busted into a fit of laughter. A wave of her hand "ok so I am being overly silly, but I am curious about that light in your eyes. You can't hide that kind of light from a romanitic creature like me." She had leaned close to him and looked him in the eyes, that funny little grin of hers on her lips. "she must be something special to make your eyes light like that." She sat back and waited to see if he would tell her all about what was on his mind.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Hold it against her, he could not, for wanting to keep the location which she was staying at a secret. Much of what he did - if not the large majority - of his life revolved around knowing what to tell to whom and how to say what you're not. "You look as well as before, no matter where it is that you have been." That it was his way of saying that he was not minding the avoidance of the question.

"Ah, dragons," Leo smiled and gave a shake of his head, a few strands moving as he did this. "The creatures come in all forms these days and it is that I am finally returned for a stretch of time before it is that another quest must be taken." Maybe she remembered that at times he seemed to be here a moment and then not. The many aspects of work kept him ... busy.

When he did have time here to engage in things he liked to take advantage. She asked him the question about the light in his eyes and he smiled a moment before it faded with a bit of a chuckle. "I would not say that it is romance." He gave that a thoughtful look. "For it is that she likes someone else which is the fault of none." Knowing how things can be when a person is continously away.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:27 am

A slight nod of her head "aww yes dragons come in forms these days. I have come to prefer true dragons then those in disquise." A lock of her hair fell across her shoulder and slider fingers began to twirl it as she listened to him speak. She had forgotten how sweet his voice and accent was and how she missed talking with him. Not many people understood how duty could call one away at a moments notice and for long periods of time.

She watched his reaction to the mention of the light in his eyes, and she reached her hand out to him. Her gaze drifted towards the Inn for a moment, thinking about the one person there that she couldn't quite get over. That glance was very brief before she looked back at Leo "it can be difficult when they like someone else or they can't see the right person standing right in front of them. Sometimes one has to get them to see. You my dear are a great guy that anyone would love to have your attention." She gave him a bright smile, "I am one of those lucky ladies that know just how nice it is to have your attention." Always the one to make someone smile Inion fell back onto her flirty side with him. "Your duty to the Marques may take you away alot, but all the more to reason to treasure you when you are here."

Inion sat up straight again "oh I have something of yours," she reached into her bag at her side and pulled out a small oak box. "you said hold onto to it tell you were safely home, and since this is the first time I have seen you since then," inside the box was the braided bracelet he had given her safely nestled in white silk. "I am glad to return it to its owner knowing he is safely home." She had a look on her face like a kid waiting to see if thier friend liked the gift she was giving as she held out the box to him.

Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 am

Leo was quite for a moment, watching Inion speak and the way she smiled at things. Real and genuine or simply there to help put him at ease it didn't matter, with the things that he did it was always good to see something so simple. Though her word about a girl being lucky and her own fortune did cause for a huff of laughter. 

"We had a good time I would think," it was a well one to him. "It is that I wonder why you are alone." He saw her look up to the section of the floor. If he remembered right it is that she had someone here as well that no matter how close they were it is that they are miles apart. 

"The ones that I care for, that will not change. It is only that I do not think it is that I am able to dedicate to what is needed for things to work." Leo would confess that to Inion as they sat there in the garden. "If my absences will only bring heartache and loneliness to one that I become close to, is it not better to keep a distance?" It was not a requirement of the heart to be friends with a person and even as he had talked to the Marquθs about how he did it Leo would bank on his personal misfortune. He did not like to know that he caused a person to be lonely and sad. 

Then it was that Inion was offering the box out to him and the content of it brought another smile to his face and he reached to take it. Pulling the bracelet out his eyes would look it over. "Gracious for taking care of it for me, it is truth that I do not have another like it."

Leo shifted his position on the bench, one leg drawing more to underneath him so as to look full on to his bench partner. "I would like if you kept it, then I would always be assured that from whatever journey I am on I will return."

Unclasping the simple clasp Leo held it out towards her arm. 
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:07 am

She held out her left arm palm side up and pulled at her sleeve so that her wrist was exposed. A move she would normally not do, but she trusted Leo and felt safe enough to expose a major life line. On the tender wrist was a tattoo that in beautiful writing said 'Believe' in deep purple. "It is an honor to keep it if it means your safe return." She leaned towards him and gave him another chaste kiss this time on the cheek she just couldn't help it " I have always enjoyed our time together no matter how brief." She gave a laugh "Why Leo I am not alone you are here." she knew he probably meant something else but she couldn't help but being funny.

Once the bracelet was clasped around her wrist she would take his hand. "It is difficult to work on a relationship when duties take you away from the person alot. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't it just depends on both people involved and how strong the relationship is. " another glance was given to the inn and then back to Leo. "Knowing when one is going away and coming back makes it easier." Inion smiled at him and took a deep breath, " no one can tell you what to do all I can say is follow your heart, but don't give up falling in love. It will take someone very special to be able to handle the times when you are away, but I am sure she is out there."

She shifted slightly "I know about being alone. Aiden and I had a bumpy relationship because our lives got confusing and sadly both of us left the other alone without notice or away of letting them know we were ok or when we would see each other again. There is still love there its just .... well each time we see each other now its almost like seeing each other for the first time again. All shy and awkward. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade the time I had with Aiden for anything, heartache and all it was precious to me. Some relationships are worth the ups and downs." She made this little confession hoping it would help him. There was a bit of saddness in her eyes and a tear escaped but once she was done talking about her and Aiden she wiped the tear then shook her head. The smile returned to her eyes and her lips. " I don't know if I have helped you any, but always know if you need someone to talk to I will always listen."

Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm

The arm it was turned over and he did see the marking that was there and it occurred to him that it was something he had not seen on her before. Though, in truth, it was not as though he knew all the markings of her body but it would still bring out a curious eye. He would then snap the bracelet into place and brush the pad of his thumb under the marking. Believe. A simple word with layers of complexities for some things were had to believe even when presented before the eyes.

She did kiss his cheek and he reached out and cupped hers, his thumb giving it a small caress before his hand withdrew. "It is that I never put much thought into wanting one with the hazards of my work." Putting the term lightly even if hazard would leave it wondering. Did not mean that he would not try for one but it did seem that the way relationships worked was always different depending on the people involved. What he would think counted people as being together others would say it wasn't so.

Seeing the tear, even if it was only for a short moment, did make him to frown across his lips. "Sν, some of them are worth the trials." That the remembrance of thoughts and feelings of what was - and still were - could bring a tear told him that they were strong. He opened his arms in want to pull her in for a hug of comfort. "No llores, Inion. No llores." He was telling her not to cry even if a translation of the saying was not given the meaning may come through.

"Would what I will see you again." When the time comes back around.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 am

Those gentle caresses caused goose bumps on Inion’s flesh, she was thankful that the cool weather meant warm clothes and that meant the goose bumps were hidden beneath. She did smirk just a bit when he ran his thumb beneath the tattoo. Wouldn’t most people laugh at the fact that a fairy had the word Believe tattooed on her body? It was a recent tattoo gotten to remind herself who and what she was and that she always had the strength to overcome whatever life throw at her.

She did give him that questioning raise of her eyebrow when he mentioned hazards of work, “hazards huh, yes I am sure being around all those ladies would make someone jealous.” Laughter escaped her mouth, but inside her head she knew he meant other hazards. Leo’s job with Marques was more than just the store and she had a pretty good idea, what was it the humans called it, the mafia yea that was it. It made her laugh though; humans could be so funny at times thinking they were the first to come up with stuff when centuries earlier other humans did the same things. Whatever Leo’s hazards were she knew he would never tell. He was a man of many secrets, some not his own, she admired him and his loyalty. “You need to visit the grove, it’s not right you being a knight of a place you haven’t visited yet and besides it would give me an excuse to show off my home. Think of the mischief we could get into. “ She tugged at his chin gently. “you could even bring a guest or two.”

That invitation for a hug was taken, Inion was not one to turn down a hug from someone like Leo so with a shift of her body she was in his arms and hers were wrapped around him. She made sure her wings would not get in the way as she laid her head on his shoulder. “crying is not always a bad thing my dear, sometimes you have to let the tears escape otherwise you will explode.” She lingered in the hug not really wanting to leave the comfort of his warm safe arms. She did lean up a bit and grinned at him “spring in the mountains, that is what you smell like, which means that is what I smell like to you. Well that settles it you really have to visit the Grove in spring”

It wasn’t long before her phone started buzzing which caused her eyes to roll and a deep sigh to escape her lips “dear gods, they are hunting me down now.” She reached into her pocket and without really looking at her phone she silenced it and gave Leo that apologetic look.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:46 pm

For now Leo did laugh when the ladies were mentioned. "Sν, but to deal with many a ladies is no easy task. They can become quite the persistent ones with hands that grab and soft eyes."

He did have his story or two of the women who tried ways for free service. Never was he interested in them and this man did not have a hard time using the word no, even to females.

It was in the middle of him finding humor that Inion gave out her invitation and the mirth started to trickle off. She was inviting him to her home, to come see it, and it was not for any alternative business motive. Yes, he has been invited into houses and events before but they were always for certain reasons. He thought of it while engaged in the hug with her and he rubbed her back with his hands before they pulled away. "Yes. Yes of course I will come and visit." Though he did not know about bringing a guest for he did not know who he would bring. "In the Springtime. Only need to tell me where." From that he should be able to find it.

As he knew how it was with calls the man did give a small chuckle while he did rise. "Only let them find you in the best of places." Leo leaned over then for he would place a kiss to one cheek and then another before rising again and hands going to his pockets.

"Gracias for your time and words, Inion." Both of them were very appreciated. Then he would turn to go.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:52 am

Her grin never left her lips even as Leo rose to leave. As he kissed her on the cheek she returned them in like "Of course, I will send you a note of where to go and a few dates that you can pick from." Maybe she did have an alternative motive, but it had nothing to do with business, just a chance for Leo to get away from work and hopefully relax.

Her phone was still going off but she was ignoring it till she was alone and could answer it without seeming rude. She gave Leo her best smile "you are always welcome to come visit me anytime, just knock on my door here. Take care of yourself hun, and remember if you ever need something just call me." She watched him turn to go and couldn't help being happy, it had been very nice to sit and chat with him.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down