Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Coming Back. To the Bar. (Open)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Coming Back.  To the Bar.  (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Coming Back. To the Bar. (Open)

Post by Gawain Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:52 am

Gawain, against the many and diverse protests and requests of Madeline, stepped into the bar, walking straight back to the location of De'Ryanna. As he rounded the corner, he noted that that male was still there. He posed no threat to Gawain, however, so Gawain simply stepped between the two, with his back to the male.

"Hello, De'Ryanna. I trust you recieved my message. Would you mind going for a walk with me? As I said in the aforementioned message, we have much to discuss." He raised one hand, clearly having been holding the Source the entire time, and formed a Gateway.
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Coming Back.  To the Bar.  (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Coming Back. To the Bar. (Open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 am

"Oh Bollocks!!!" Madeline shook her head as Gawain walked into the kitchen. Maddie herself went to the bar, and got her a shot of tequila. For some reason, she thought she might need it.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 pm

A lot of people around here thought Ryanna was a bitch. Tobias thought she had a mind of her own and unlike some she wasn't afraid to speak it. He also thought that even though she could be cold she had something a lot of people lacked. Manners. More he saw the more he figured they were something she learned on her own because they weren't running in the family. At least so far as he'd seen.

This was second verse same as the first. Gawain took one daughter away without a word to him when Toby'd was ordering food and that daughter'd ditched her post without a word to him either. Now Gawain was doing the same with De'Ryanna and gave Toby his back as a second introduction. Both times there was no nevermind that a conversation was in progress when the guy walked in. He wondered if this is what people who were outside the Kennedy clan experienced when they got caught in the Kennedy family bullish-t crossfire. At least Ryanna was more like Sammy than Dex. If Ryanna were Dex's style the kitchen would be t-minus going up in smoke right now.

If Toby was like his brother Dex his reaction would put his mouth to use. But there wouldn't be much point to the years of meditation and mantras if Tobias shot his mouth off every time the wind blew south. He had legs so he'd use them. He went to the other side of the island. Here he had a fine view of Ryanna. Gawain too. "Everyone's got an agenda Ryanna. Even if it's one that means well. Like a girl making a guy three burgers."

He gestured at his third which was untouched and that didn't have fixings on it yet. "Want one?" He didn't say that to De'Ryanna. He said it to Gawain.
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:20 am

It had never escaped her that Gawain was out there by the steps, Madeline had poked her head in earlier and she assumed that he wouldn't be too far behind. However, whereas she expected him to arrive at some point or another did not mean that she had thought that he would come and want for her to leave with him, nor did she suspect that he would cut into her converstation. From what she knew of her Father what he lacked in tact he made up for physically. Perhaps this was such and example.

Ryanna had looked from Tobias to the opening kitchen door and her gaze followed her father as he approached her, the corner of her right eyebrow raising at the time he put himself before her and stretched out his hand. He was doing, somewhat, as he had done to Madeline: appear and ask her to leave the room. For that reason the raised eyebrow stayed there a moment or two longer after he finished talking. About to speak - having leaned off to the fridge and settled back her shoulders - she was about to say something when she saw Tobias move and her eyes drifted from her father and slide over to Tobias before she brought them back over.

Everyone had their own agenda. She couldn't argue that for it was true. Everyone wanted something. What did she want right now?

"Yes, father, take a seat. Have you eaten? I can only imagine that you must be hungry after every recent events." Her eyebrow had gone back down and she wore that practiced calm mask that the Sedai learned in the Tower, though hers wasn't 'perfected' and she seemed more about business than lacking emotions. One hand stayed on her glass of ice and the fingers on the other hand were perched on the cups' rim, ready to pluck another cube when needed. "I received your letter, but it would be rude of me to leave Tobias here in the kitchen when I am servicing him. Don't you agree?" The way she said it nearly took the question out of the words.

She didn't say she wouldn't come, only that right now, while she was seeing to Tobias, was a bad time.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:48 am

Gawain shrugged idly. "Ah, fine. Well, all I can say is that is important, and since you seem to be playing with your food...." His eyes wandered over to the other in the room. "Well, anyway, I just wanted to speak with you. It isn't too much to ask, since there's that business about me being your father. Again, no worries. Just don't hurt the kid. He looks kind of fragile, is all. Ah, yes. Your brother needed to talk to you as soon as he got done with his....date, I believe he called it. See to it, please. That is, if you're done playing Sedai games with your family."

That was when he turned, golden eyes shimmering in the light. "By the way, boy. Your skin may be tough, but remember this. I fought through Hell to get back. Literally. There's a lot tougher things set to guard the exits there, and, well, even though I couldn't kill them, I made them wish I had. You've quite a mouth on you, and if you'd like to remain in possession of the teeth within, you'd do well to show some respect. If not for your elders, for your betters. Madeline. Meet me at the usual spot. We've plans to make." He knew she could hear him, for he could sense she had not strayed far.

He was done. If she wanted to speak to him, she knew how to find him. If not, so be it. Seizing the Source, he formed the weaves for a Gateway, then, without a further glance back, as there was no threat behind him, stepped through.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:18 am

One of the things Toby respected about politics was that an opponent didn't step into a debate without knowing everything they could find about you. First you never knew what your opponent had in their closet that could be used to your advantage. But the second reason was the more important one of the two. If you spoke falsely about your opponent they could capitalize and it could cost you the election. If Gawain knew about Toby's family, what kind of hell and sacrifices he'd been through and how much Toby and Ryanna helped each other through some deep sh-t over the past few months, Toby figured Gawain would've thought twice about what he said.

Maybe not. Everyone has their own agenda and Gawain's was shaping up to be getting dominance over his daughters. So far there was nothing Gawain said or did to make Tobias think his guy was his better. But he -was- a Kennedy. Like all the rest of his family he was an idealist sonofabitch. Kennedys believed it wasn't the amount of power you had or the size of your stick it was how you used it and what for.

But everyone has their own agenda and right now Tobias' was De'ryanna. Starting a brawl with her pops wasn't going to make any of this better. They'd both asked Gawain to sit down and eat with them but he didn't seem to think it was worth it so Toby only had one thing to say as the guy left. "Playing? Where I come from offering someone part of your meal is manners as old as manners get." One of many things he'd learned to appreciate during his time in India.

Tobias left out the second part. That refusing to break bread with someone who offered you part of their meal was as old an insult as insults went. Gawain was leaving, no point in saying anything else except to Ryanna. "If you've got family stuff to take care of that's cool by me. I'm not going anywhere." She knew where his room was.
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:03 am

"By his words I do." Has family business to take care of, but as she watched her father open the Gateway and leave she could not - for the wolrd - think of what it could be. Surely it wasn't anything that was awfuly important for there was no urgency in his voice.

The hand holding the glass of ice started to move in a small circular motion so that the ice spun around inside she almost frowned. Almost. Ryanna kept her outward composure facial composure. "I don't see what can be so important about him being my father aside from expressing feelings and wanting to be a part of my life. Those words can be said at any time." Her voice started to trail off at the end of the last sentence, growing softer then her eyes turned down to look at her swirling ice.

He could have at least taken a bite out of the burger. If he ate as she and Tobias did it could have been gone in a matter of seconds. It was only food and she thought she presented a good case to Tobias' offer - she was always hungry after going through ordeals (the reason why she had been in the kitchen in the first place) so why not he? Inwardly she would have enjoyed having her dad eat -and like- something she made. Would have made her happy to know that her father liked something that she did, especially with her bare hands.

"Another time."

It was said outloud in a bit of a whisper as it was more to herself and her eyes were still looking down at her ice. When she lifted her eyes again they rested on Tobias. "It was good of you to offer your food. I'm sorry it was declined." She brought the cup to her mouth and ate the last few cubes, audible crunching them with her teeth while she went to the sink, walking past his if Tobias was along that path.

"I should clean, if there isn't anything left for me to do. Wouldn't do for me to leave the kitchen a mess for when Armandeus arrives." Though she had no sleeves to push up she made the motion on her bare arms anyway. She turned the water on to hot and let it run. How Gawain came in, had his words then left bothered her, but she was doing what she knew to do: ignore it.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:22 am

Gawain wasn't one to turn down free food, and if De'Ryanna...wait. Did he see sincerity in her eyes? Maybe she does care. Summoning reserves of calm and composure he hadn't drawn on in decades, he stepped back through the Gateway, which, lo and behold, had not closed yet, and looked around. "Hmm. Cheeseburger? Well, if no one else is gonna eat it..."

He stepped over, grabbed the aforementioned sandwich, and took one bite...then another. That was it, and if there was anyone from the McDonald's franchise around, they would have wept. A guy that can take out a burger that fast was likely the proverbial goose with golden eggs. He wiped his mouth, smirked, and burped. "God. That's the best thing I've had to eat in....well, let's just say it's a helluva lot better than what I eat during full moons. That, plus I don't have to apologize to a farmer and slip him some coin for the chickens. Thanks, kid. Ryan....whenever you're feeling up to it, I really do need to speak with you. Uh...please."

That word....well, it didn't come easy to Gawain, but hey, that's his kid. Deal with it. He turned to walk back through the Gateway, and with his back to them, smiled. Hey, maybe there was hope yet.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 am

As per her father's request, she walked into the kitchen, bottle of tequila in hand and walked right to the gateway.. She watched the exchange between Gawain and De'Ryanna. Well wonders never ceased. The old man did have some manners after all!

Starting to feel the affects of the tequila, and being she did have enough of her father's sense of humor. Madeline turned around before stepping into the gateway. She tilted her head to the side, and made grinned. "Awwwww Puppy does have sweet side after all. Come on Dad, this act of compassion you just displayed is going to scare the children."

Madeline stepped into the gateway and waved. "Have fun you two, don't do anything I would." Madeline almost sure her idea of fun, and De'Ryanna's were two separate things.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 am

De'ryanna was apologizing for her Father. Back in the day Tobias used to apologize all the time for what Dex did. Until he learned that just because someone's family doesn't mean he's responsible for their mistakes. " You don't have to - "

Her family came back. More drive-by words were said. How they spoke and ran every time he saw them today was something Toby noticed because he'd been taught to network as soon as he could talk. Growing up conversation wasn't just chatter, it came with rules. One of the weird things about being a Kennedy probably.

"Right on, Madeline." She had said something to him so he replied. Gawain had preferred to just talk to Ryanna again so Toby didn't interrupt that. His way of showing the man some manners. Not much else to say anyway when both of them already left through their portal thing? Ryanna was the only one left to say something to. Not like he minded that. "They don't give you much chance to answer, huh. Now I get why my parents made us follow the two handshake rule."

He frowned as he walked to the island to pick up beer. How Madeline just talked to Gawain wasn't sitting right with him. She started out real submissive to him and just now she was real dominant pulling her pop's braids so to speak. He didn't say anything to De'ryanna about it. Every family has its own way and his was from a different planet so he knew his own experience could be a bad comparison.

After swigging his beer he showed De'yranna some gratitude instead. "Thanks for the burgers, Ryanna."
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:21 pm

She had just wrung a wash cloth under the water with intents on wiping the stove's grill when her father walked back in through the portal. Ryanna didn't turn fully towards him but she did watch as he picked up the burger, her hands giving another twist to the rag and squeezing out the excess water before moving over to the broiler and starting to wipe. Her current task did not have all her attention for she was watching Gawain eat - and she was right, the burger was gone so fast it was a wonder he could even taste anything.

Still, it wasn't much of a surprise and she smiled ever so slightly and lifted up her chin as he gave his declaration. This was soon followed by her light scrubbing. She never fully turned her back on him since he was talking and she wanted to at least give him her attention, but she wanted to get water on the broiler so it would be easier to clean. "You're welcome." Was her reply for she thought that the thanks was given to her.

Then came Madeline, smiling like one of the drinks they served at the bar, and calling their father a Puppy. She had to be drunk to use that term when relating to him and she couldn't help but wonder how that label was going to be received. As she didn't know what to say to the comment on not doing what Madeline would, Ryanna simply gave her a head nod of acknowledgement before she turned and really started cleaning the stove. She knew that she should go through the gateway. It only took a bit for the stove to be cleaned.

When she was done she put the rag down and wiped her hands on the apron she wore.

"Thank you Tobias.. for saying that." If she could she would have went out and given him a hug but... this probably wasn't the time for that. Her action of hr hands against her apron spoke of slight nerves and muted apprehension. She bit her lower lip and quickly looked at the Gateway. "Perhaps.. I should go." Needed to less she did something .

"Thank you for sharing food with me. I take your leave now." She gave him a smile before she turned and went through.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2