Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

An Explanation (open)

+2
Derick Silverleaf
Madeline Cauthon
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Explanation (open) Empty An Explanation (open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:37 am

Once she returned from the falls, Madeline had regained her composure. She really wanted to talk to Derick. Although, she was pretty sure he didn't want to see or talk to her. Still she wanted to try.

First she needed a drink. She went to the bar, and stepped around the back. She picked up a bottle of bourbon and a glass and fixed her a drink. She then took a piece of paper and pen and wrote a message to Derick.

Dear Derick,

I understand if you don't want to see me anymore, but I would like a chance to explain. If you would, please meet me at the bar, and I will tell all.
Sincerely,
Madeline Cauthon

She ran quickly to his room, and slipped the note under the door. Then she went back to the bar to start on that drink.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

An Explanation (open) Empty Re: An Explanation (open)

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 am

What had it been, a few moments or eternity? Those blues would be looking around at the empty silent room. But no tears. No, none of that. Though you would think there should be. But to be honest, it was still too soon for that. Though no one truly knew who he was anymore. For the past several years he had been locked behind such remorse and sadness he did not even recognize himself. But he had grown accustom to that. he even started becoming a new self image. That is until Madeline. Somehow she manage to start chipping away at those layers. She was able to open up his heart once again. Though with it only being half a day what could a person possibly accomplish? Well, she got him to smile. And to actually realize he was making love to someone he actually cared for. Yes, she had accomplished much. But then......it seemed he was fooled.

that smile as she pushed him away. What had he done? Did he ask the wrong question? Was he....not desirable? Was it all a trick? This flood of questions plagued his mind for what seemed like hours until he heard the scraping of something at the door. Slowly snapping out of the trance he would look at the door, seeing the bit of paper. Crawling on the floor, hands would reach for the note. Opening it up, those crystals started to scan the words. Then, the moment, and the state of his being would be solidified. It was from her. The one that did that to him. Not even important enough to her to speak to his face. And what happened next would cause even the faintest of wills to shudder. Throwing his head down to the ground he would let loose a loud guttural scream that was sure to reach to the far corners of the Inn.

This was his lot in life. Why did he ever think he could open himself up to anyone again? This world, this life, was a joke anymore.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 am

Maddie heard the scream coming from Derick's room. A single tear fell from her eye. Was she sorry for hurting him? Yes. If given the chance, would she change her actions, yes. Given the warning that came with the Sight. she would have opened the portal and left herself. Leaving him to fend for himself, alone, with whatever may or may not becoming. The fact was she did what she did for his protection.If for some reason he wasn't going to let her explain, then she didn't need him. What she needed was a drinking buddy. Maybe her Dad or brother would stop by. At that moment she longed for Kyra.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 am

[Mun note-This will be taking place following the conclusion of Titania and Xavier's date thread.]

Xavier walked into the bar, obviously on cloud nine...possibly ten. He had just met a great woman, and it was his fervent hope that things would continue. Although his status wasn't commonly known, he did possess the same gift as his father. Since this was the case, he had no trouble finding the person he was seeking by scent alone.

A few steps carried him to the bar, where he would lean, smiling a bit. "Hello, Madeline. Care to talk? It seems we have a lifetime to catch up on, and since you're the oldest of Dad's brood, maybe you have a few anecdotes to share with me."
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

Madeline wiped the tear away. She started thinking over the events of the day. Then it dawned on her, she had broken two of the major life lessons, she had been taught. Never second guess your decisions, and never let let your emotions get the best of you. She barely knew Derick. Granted she they had a good time. There was no denying that, but in the end, she had done what was right. If he wanted to know, he could seek her out, and listen. If he didn't that was fine to.

Besides what she needed to focus on was the warning that Jono had given her. What could possibly be bad enough that he would come warn her. She pured herself another drink, and pondered what could possibly be coming.

As she did this she heard someone call her name. She looked up, and was pleasantly surprised to see her brother. "Hey Xavier. You know I was just thinking about you. Yeah I have time. I was just sitting here waiting on... Well thats not important."

She didn't want to burden him with what had happen.

She studied her brother for a moment, he did favor Airtia more than Gawain, but he had there fathers smile. She took out another glass and poured him a drink then handed him the glass. "Well as far as we know I'm the oldest." She said with a wink.

"I guess we do have a lot to catch up on. I'll make you a deal, I'll tell you all anecdotes about Dad. But you have to tell me some about De'Ryanna. There's got to be more to her than what that damn tower plugged in to her."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:35 pm

He grinned slightly, brushing his hair out of his eyes with a casual flick of his hand, and took the proffered glass, sitting down as he did so. "You're not a very good liar, Maddie." With a wink, he downed the contents of the glass, coughing a bit after he had done so.

"I'm pretty sure you're the oldest....Mom told Rye and me about another, but she died really young. Pop doesn't like to talk about it, and I sure as hell ain't gonna try to get him drunk enough to tell. Guy's got a liver of cuendillar!" He shook his head, remembering the hangover, then smiled languidly as he thought of the perks of that same hangover.

"Alright, about sis. Well, she never learned to change like Dad and I until he drew it out of her....boy, she HATED it when I poked fun at her about it!" He laughed loudly, even smacking his hand on the bar top. "I used to make fun of her for it, since I started shifting before I could walk....then, all of a sudden, I found myself in the army, and De'Ryanna in the Tower. That place saps every bit of humor out of a woman." He shook his head then, wondering if he needed a haircut, since his hair seemed to want to live in his bloody flaming eyes! "There was one time, when we were back at what we called home at the time....Mom sent us to be fostered in Cairhein....when our foster father decided that Ryan's skills would serve him best if he married her off. There was this guy named....well, I called him Rod...he hated that....anyway, the foster wanted her to marry him. I dunno what happened, but the funny thing is, I think she still sees him sometimes. I catch a whiff of him on her once in awhile."

Realizing he was babbling on and on, something that Titania was seeking to break him from, he stopped. "So, what about you? And....what's up, anyway? Saw ya crying, and I know enough about our family to know that tears only happen if something really goes to hell. So, what gives?"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:43 am

Maddie was ignoring the comment about her being a bad liar for the moment. It was nice to be distracted by her brother, he was make her laugh.Maybe she did have a sibling that would accept her after all. He was nice looking. She also noticed he was having hair issues. Maybe she could help him with that. She took her right index finger and pointed at his head. "Subsisto. There ya go all fixed. Now we're even. I was in the kitchen when you came in the other night with that hot number and left me the tip."

She giggled at the comment about their dad's liver. "Yeah I learned that lesson a few times myself. That's why if I'am drinking with Dad for any length of time I use an anti hangover spell. Remind me next time, you two start drinking, and I'll hook you up. Yeah I did a small stint in the Tower. almost a year ago. Didn't care to much from it though. Dang Mistress of Novices is a bitch."

She listened to him talk about Ryan and started to smile. She also shook her head at the whole smelling thing. "Geez what is it with the men in our family, and wanting to sniff people. if you're catching a whiff of him every now and then, I wonder if it was someone at the inn."

Maddie listened to him go on about his life, then when he was finished, she started with her own. "I know about the psycho foster parent thing. Funny story Dad intially was my foster father. Long story short the people who I thought were my real parents were killed when I was seven. I eneded up at the Society of the Blood Rose. Gawain and his then girlfriend Schala took me in and fostered me. Gawain was a good dad. He was strict, but fair. I remember this one time I had got into trouble with Schala and she made me go outside and rake the yard, and wouldn't let me have anything to drink till I was done. Well Dad came home, and saw me raking and sweating. When he asked me why I was willing doing yard work, I told him what happened and he went inside and talked to her, the next thing I knew he took me to his pub, and bought me milk and cookies."

"It wasn't too long after that, that I first found out I had the sight. I was constantly having bad dreams. About Uncle Garreth. Dad had been gone on business for the Society when I told Schala about my dreams of Uncle Garreth going insane. It was then she packed up my belongings and sent me to Glastonbury to, as she said, drive the evil out of me. I ended up in Avalon and spent the rest of my life till two years ago, training to be a priestess. I earned everything from healing Magic, elemental magic, and some blacksmith type stuff. "

Madeline took a break, and slammed the bourbon down. "Blahhhh. I gotta tell ya, this is the happiest I'
ya seen him in along time. I think it has something to do with having his wife and kids under one roof. So no leaving anytime soon alright. "

She refilled their glasses and continued her mind drifted over the events of last year . Both good and bad. I only just found out the truth about my parentage last year when I took......"

Madeline started getting teary eyed again.She knew it must be her courses fixing to start. "Sorry Brother, it's just hard to talk about.... I lost.... I can't say, here let me show you. Just close your eyes, and I'll feed you the memory.. Trick I learned in Avalon."

Once she saw his eyes were clothes, she closed hers and concentrated. She retrieved the memory in her head, starting with what she saw of the confrontation between De'Ryanna and Benjamin. And ending with Jono giving his life to her. And him being her taking his body to Avalon, to learning the truth about Gawain being her real father. Once the memory was complete, Maddie was crying again.

She picked up the bottle of Bourbon instead of the glass and took a big swig. Wiping her eyes, and regaining her self, she looked at her brother and sighed. "Your right there is something wrong. If I tell you, you got to promise not to tell Dad. "Promise? I don't want him to worry about something, that I'm not for sure about yet. I mean it, if I tell you and you tell him, I'll brain ya."

((For those who weren't here when ths thread was done, here is the link to what Madeline shows Xavier: https://telranaemyn.rpg-board.net/rp-s-and-sl-s-f18/getting-the-job-done-t327.htm))
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 pm

Xavier sat motionless for a while after he had seen what she had to show him. Finally, his eyes fluttered open, and he sighed, wiping at his eyes in a fashion that would make anyone watching think he was angry. The anger, though, was turned inward, as he was cursing himself for allowing a moment of weakness. "Blood and bloody flaming ashes! That guy....Jonothan...Dad was right. He earned a spot in the family crypt, wherever that is."

After a moment, he leaned closer to her, lowering his voice. "Is that all that's bugging ya? Remember, we're kind of wired the same way.....yet another gift from dear old dad." He figured she knew he shared another trait inherited from their father, so he wouldn't speak out loud about it. "The rub is, the other thing....see, I met this great girl. Titania. She works a little distance away, at a place called Starbucks. I like her. You know, lots. Problem is, I've never been that good at expressing things like that. I learned to fight, to kill......I even learned how to behave at Court. I was fostered in Cairhein, so yeah, I know all about the Game. Women, though. Light, it's like they were all trained by the Aiel!"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:20 am

"That's a Cauthon thing Brother. I don't think any of us are good at showing our feelings."

Madeline rolled her eyes at the word court. "Yeah I've seen my fair share of that in Camelot. "Often had to tend due to what ever was event was going on. I saw how the women acted. Stupid If you ask me. Avalon taught that a woman should be independent, and in no need of man. Just be yourself, that should be all that matters."

She gave him a teasing big sister smile. "I'm sure if that doesn't work, De'Ryanna would be more than happy to tell her about all your redeeming qualities."

After she had her giggle, she sighed, yes he was right they were wired the same, and like their father, he seemed to be able to read her like a book.

"Your right, thats not all thats bothering me. See I met this guy, and we seemed to hit it off. In fact I spent the day with him. Well things were getting....bouncy when I had my vision."

"The thing is with the sight, the timeline is never set, could be a few hours, a few days, a few weeks. That in mind, when it started, I made a split second decision, and sent the guy back here. I didn't ask him if I could, I just acted. You know, trying to protect him. Then to make matters worse, Jono is who appeared to me."

"It's taken me along time to get past what happened, and I don't know if I ever fully will. I don't know I guess I feel guilty for trying to move on? I care for Derick alot. But I don't want to get him killed like I did Jono. And I want to tell him I'm sorry, that I didn't mean to hurt him, and I was only trying to protect him. But I don't think he'll talk to me."

"I don't know, I guess it is the Goddesses will that I be alone forever. Maybe my gift is not love."

The bourbon was no longer doing it for her, so she handed him the bottle, and reached for a bottle of Ever Clear from under the bar..
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:29 am

Kyra was bored and felt like paying her screwdriver sister a visit since she did not get to see her for her birthday or really had not seen her in a while now. Making her way to the inn she stopped outside searching the inn to see if she could feel Madeline and was thankful to know their bond was still strong enough to detect where she was at. Making her way inside she stopped a moment to make sure she looked presentable before heading toward the bar. Having traveled in her human form Kyra is dressed in a blue top with blue jeans and a pair of sneakers with her long brown hair laying down her back. As she made her way into the bar her blue orbs found Madeline in an instant talking with someone which made her curious. Walking toward them a sly smirk crossed her lips as she spoke.

"Well well what do we have here...drinking without me I see"

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:01 am

Xavier turned to see who was speaking, and was about to say something, but his tongue quit working. He settled for a smile, then turned back to Madeline with a pleading look. "Uhm, er, hello." He was speaking to Kyra, but it seemed he was staring at the bottle. "I'm Xavier Cauthon. Nice to meet you." He still seemed to be speaking to the bottle before him.

After a few moments, he drummed up the courage to turn and look at Kyra. Nope, still cute. Crap! "I'm nice to meet. No, wait....uh, meet me, I'm nice? No. Dammit! Uh, hello." Big fat blush. What was wrong with him?!
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:14 am

Madeline laughed at her brother as she hopped over the bar and gave Kyra a long over due hug.

"Well yeah, but it's not as much fun unless your here."

Maddie made her way back behind the bar, and grabbed the vodka and orange juice. She quickly made a two screwdriver's, and handed one to Kyra.

Shaking her head at Xavier, she introduced them." KYra, I'd like you to meet my brother Xavier. Xavier this is my...our cousin Kyra. Kyra's dad and ours are...battle brothers."

Then thinking about it. "Don't worry lil brother, not blood kin."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:21 am

Kyra could not help but smile at the reaction the man sitting there gave her. It did her a world of good to think she could make someone stammer over their words. Thankfully though Madeline took the lead on the conversation as she finding it hard to get words to form as he was rather handsome. She gave Madeline a hug before making her way up to the bar and taking a seat next to Xavier hoping he would not mind. Smiling she took the drink and took a sip before speaking to them with a slight stutter in her voice.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well Xavier. Nice to meet Madeline's family."

She nearly fell over when Madeline said they were cousin's and not sure why but something just flew out of her mouth.

"Well we aren't cousin's technically...at least not in the blood sense."

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:32 am

Madeline watched how her brother and best friend were acting so relaxed around each other and grinned. Perhaps Kyra would be better suited

"So how's Dre doing these days Kyra?"

"Xavier, would you like what we're having?"

And just by her brother, and best friend being around, she forgot about all her problems of the day faded away. Nope, she was not going to worry about it anymore.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:46 am

After work, Titania had went over to the car dealership, she was still geeked over the new car she was now able to lease. It was then that she would realize that she was missing her lucky lipstick. A small groan, as she dug around in her bag again, if she didn't have that, what were the chances. First she gets cursed by a dang leperchaun, then her lucky lipstick was missing in action. After digging around in her purse and bag once more, she was trying to retrace her steps. Not that that was easy. But she remembered Xavier. Yes! She wasn't sure she could find the way back to the restaurant. Though maybe all it would take was a return visit to Xaviers room?

Hopping into her newly leased Equanox, she made her way to the Inn, the Inn was easy to find. She had walked from it to her work, and so it wasn't so diffcult. Pulling up infront of the Inn, she would find a spot that would not block things, and park. Slipping out of the SUV, she would shut the door, and click the auto lock on the keybob. Hopefully the locking beep wasnt to loud. She would hate to wake up others, if they were already sleeping.

When she walked into the Inn, finding herself in the lobby, she had started to go for the stairs, but she heard a familar voice. Im nice to meet. Interesting. Steps were taken as she came upon the scene of the three in the bar. Of course, it didn't take much to see the blush on Xavier's cheeks. It did just keep getting interesting and more interesting.

"Hello." Was spoken to all in the room, before she cast her chocolates over to Xavier and his blushing. "Xavier I was wondering if you found my lipstick in your room? I had it when I left with you yesterday, and now I can't find it." She gave a small pause, "I know it might sound odd, but it's my lucky lipstick, and I really don't need any more bad fortune." As in her curse, she had going on. But none at the bar would know about that.

If anyone happened to look at Titania, she was dressed in a pair of fitting black jeans that hugged her curves just right, a light peacock blue crocheted sweater was worn over a blue tank top of the same color. Black boots were upon her feet, the small little boots that didn't reach that high. Her long brown curly locks were pulled back into a loose pony tail.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:06 pm

He hopped up at the sound of her voice, and turned to grin. "Titania! Hey, yeah, I was going to run down to Starbucks later...it rolled under the bed. and it's a miracle I found it." He turned with a helpless expression, patting his pockets down and grinning crookedly at Maddie and Kyra. "My room is a disaster area. Looks like the Breaking of the World started there and worked its way outward." Finally, he found the right pocket, and came out with three tubes. Er.....which color was it? I found three...and before anyone asks, no they are not mine!" Some things need to be straightened out before they get twisted!
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Madeline looked at the girl and smiled. So this was the girl that had her brother acting like an idot. Madeline knew that Xavier was staying in her and Kyra's old room and it was a good chance it could be one they had lost. Looking at the lip stick she cocked her head. "Kyra, isn't that yours?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:45 pm

"Unless our brother has had rendezous with Kyra prior to arriving in the Inn or those belong to you, Madeline, it is impossible that one of those belongs to her." De'Ryanna would be heard and seen as she rounded the corner and entered into the bar area. She had been looking for her brother and had just come up from the basement when she heard his voice coming from the Bar. Not to mention she had picked up his scent. 

"When a patron leaves the room is cleaned spotless to prepare for the next person." She was meticulous about a lot of things - cleaning especially. "My Casanova of a brother probably kept them as momentos from a couple ladies at Court." Brown eyes turned to regard him after her thought. He was a male, she should have known that she would find him sitting with the ladies. 

She was standing just outside of the little grouping they had and she was not going to go any further in. "Hello Kyra, Madeline, Miss." She did not know the other lady in the room and therefore had no other name to call her by. She looked to each of them as their names were spoken.  

"Pardon my interruption," they had been having a conversation before she spoke up. Now she looked again at her brother. "If you are going to be here for a while then I would like to talk to you."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:29 pm

He sighed. "Hello, little sister. You know, you're just like your Sedai kin. Always putting your little nose where it doesn't belong." He smirked, obviously losing his temper at his little sister. "At least I stick to the opposite gender. You Sisters seem to always be looking for men to either dominate or cut off from the Source. Sounds like sadomasochism with a side-order of lesbian." He placed each tube down, and kind of chuckled. "You know, now that you mention it, maybe they did come from Caemlyn. What's the problem there? Am I to assume that you literally reek of Roderick, whatever he calls himself these days...what is it Dad said, Benji the Wonder Puppy...just because you are pen pals? At least one of us remembers who we are, and who our true father is. Tai'shar Cauthon. I made my peace, and now I owe him. If you had learned any honor from your Witch sisters, maybe you would know what I'm talking about."

Her turned as if to leave, then looked over his shoulder. "We will talk later." This was directed to Titania. He felt he owed her an apology, as some would see his previous actions as lies or trickery. To Madeline, he nodded. She would get it, since she would recognize their father in his eyes, and would most likely explain to Kyra. To his sister, he simply glared. "Show me respect, pup, or maybe you lose something next time. I spare you because we share the blood of our father and mother. Don't make me spill it." That last was practically spat in her direction. He turned and walked to the door, opening it. "Do not doubt my words, sweet sister."

.....and he was gone.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Before she had a chance to say anything it seemed all hell was breaking loose while she was sitting there. With a slight sigh she shook her head and looked to Madeline as Xavier was leaving.

"I'm going to get out of the drama filled place and head to my house near the forge. You can find me there I borrowed something from my father if you want to come by and help me figure out what is in it."

She stood up and walked out without a word to anyone else in the room as it was not necessary at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:55 pm

When De'ryanna walked in, and started mouthing off, she let it go in one ear and out the other, much like she always did. She didn't to much like the fact she had the nerve to even assume to know what they were talking about. After all she never said anything about the room, she just simply thought it.

She started to say something just for the simple fact she didn't like being called down in front of her brother, and her best friend, but then Xavier stepped up to the plate. She watched with great amusement Xavier putting De'Ryanna in her place. Being the bitch that she was, when he was done she merely clapped. She gave him a smlie and wink at his apologetic nod, and sent him a link. ~Well done Xavier, sorry she interrupted our meeting. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that takes after Dad. I'm glad you're my brother.~

When Kyra mentioned leaving, and something she borrowed from her father's, her interest was peeked. Finishing her drink, she walked from behind the bar, and followed Kyra out.. "What did you borrow from Dre?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:14 am

It was amazing. You can spend your whole life - up to a point and barring some circumstances - with a person, share everything and be accustomed to a persons ways, demeanor, be bonded closely together and yet not know them at all. Clearly the male who had spoken to her just then was not her brother because he would never threaten her. Aside from that, half of what he said to her made no sense at all. Pup? Loose something? If anyone was the 'pup' between the two of them it was the brother since he was shifting to his Lycan form before he could walk. Being that she had only shifted once in her life - a fact that he didn't know - made that a point of curiosity.

Because of the above discrepancies in his actions and behavior De'Ryanna was not phased at all by anything that he said and it was regarded with as much attention as a person gave a single ant. In fact, she even chuckled. It was nice to know that in comparison to some people she had a firm hold on her emotions.

"How very entertaining all that was." At least to her, she wouldn't have been able to say it otherwise. Besides, there are various forms of entertainment but with the smile on her face it was hard to tell how she took it all aside from being pleased. Of course, as Titania was the only one left she had to be speaking to her.

With a hand she motioned to the lipstick tubes Xavier had put down. "Nevertheless, I hope one of them is what you are seeking, if not it may be found at a later date." Helpful.

"Would you need anything before you head on your way? While I'm here I might as well clean up what they left behind."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Now, she blinked, yes she blinked when Xavier pulled out three tubes of lipstick. But before she could answer for her’s was right there in the middle, he went on about how it wasn’t his. If they were not old, and in fact he had only been in town a little while, he was rather busy while she was at work. Unless one of them happened to be Rebecca’s. But she did not get any of that out, because as she opened her mouth, the other woman spoke. She glanced to the other woman in the room, when she got a name for her, Kyra. Now if she hadn’t just heard Xavier say it was nice to meet him, she might of thought something had already happened between the two of them. And with her magic’s not fully controllable as she was still learning, that could have been interesting, but wasn’t.

Once more she was just about to speak when another entered the bar area. Her mouth was closed, again. This woman that entered had carried herself a bit differently, and it was when her eyes landed on the one speaking. It was the lady from the flyers. Normally such a thing wouldn’t stand out, but with her night with Xavier fresh in her mind, and that flyer making its way about Starbucks it had. She was glad that the woman seemed to be fine, not deathly injured. But once more before she was about to speak, something else happened.

She still hadn’t had a moment to get a word out edgewise. Though the way that Xavier was acting had her looking at him differently, then she had the night before. Maybe when he told her he wasn’t like most guys was because he had split personalities? Great, that’s just what she needed. Find a guy whom seems to good to be true, except the fact that he had a talking problem, and its true, he wasn’t real. Or rather only part of him existed. She would give a nod of her head, when he said that they would talk later. Really what else was she going to say at that point?

Then the other two women were leaving as well, it looked like her quest to get her lipstick back, had turned into a party killer. That was not the point at all. She actually was upset. She had gotten great news at work, so she wanted to share it with someone, and her first thought was to share it with Xavier. The lipstick just gave her a reason to show up, so he didn’t feel crowded. But now, now she didn’t want to share with him what had happened. She thought maybe after everything last night, that he might be a little happy for her, or even perhaps a pinch proud of her. Funny.

When they were left alone, Titania and De’Ryanna, she turned to look at the woman. It seemed she was finally going to be able to speak. “Is it always like this?” A pause, “I’m Titania.” She almost said a friend of Xavier’s but well really the lipstick tube said it all didn’t it? Especially the way people seemed to jump to conclusions. But you couldn’t stop that could you?

Steps were taken forward before stopped at where the lipsticks where. She picked up the black tube, that might not look different from any other black tube of lipstick, except for on the end of the top of the case, there was a single diamond twinkling from its home there. “Thank you. I am just glad to have it back.” She was, she wasn’t going to babble on about how she wanted to share something with her brother. Instead, she shook her head. “No…I don’t have a need for anything. Did you need any help?” She did not think it fair that the girl was left to clean up the other’s mess, she hadn’t made it, so she thought to offer.

She thought just a moment, cleared her throat and thought to tell the girl what she remembered, just in case Xavier did not. “I don’t know if Xavier told you, but a while back, there were two guys passing out flyers at the Starbucks I work at. They were looking for you or information on you.” She did not have one of the flyers with her, but the picture was a good quality of the woman. “I don’t think anyone gave them any information…most people don’t pay attention to those things.” She just didn’t want the girl to be caught unawares.

Now that she thought about it, with the way that Xavier was acting she wondered if he got her letter, or if perhaps it was lost in his room. If it was lost in his room it could take, hours, if not days to find it. But after this experience she was not going to search him out again. She learnt her lesson alright.

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:15 pm

While he did not share Epiphany's greater cares regarding the nature of life and death, there was one care regarding recent events that he did have. For Epiphany herself. It was this care that brought Damon from her room and had him on his way down the hall towards the inn's front entrance. His nightly business was of a different purpose than usual. If it wasn't for Epiphany, there is no way the vampire would bother to exert the efforts he would have to tonight in order to procure an item of such…well, his feelings on the item mattered little. It would matter to her, and as such he hoped it would serve its well purposes, both practical and sentimental.

As he walked past the bar, however, a single scent told him his task would for a few moments be best put to pause. His newest student was here, in this very inn, in the very next room. How could he pass up such a gift from mistress Serendipity? Simple. He could not. Besides. Surely a week's time was more than enough for her to complete her first bit of homework?

How much of the conversation between the two women Damon overheard, that is unclear. It was calculation on his part that only after Titania's last words that two women in the bar would be treated to his appearance. He went no further than the doorway, leaning his shoulder against the frame as he regarded the pair of them with a loose, beastly but casual smile. His raven black eyes took their time taking in the forms and features of both of them with lingering interest. Both women he knew - it was simply that De'Ryanna's visage he had yet to meet in the flesh, as he was also there the day the fliers of her were peddled around the coffee shop. Now he had a scent to match with the sought-after face. As with all living scents it was one he would not forget.

"Signorina," he addressed De'Ryanna first with a polite bow of his head, behaving as always with the manners of an aristocrat of the old world, "and Bella. The sun and the moon, overcoming all odds of day and night to stand together in the same room. Of such beauty how fortunate am I." If there was deeper meaning behind his words other than idle flattery, this he did not clarify. In fact, nothing of his tone suggested the words were anything but smoothly spoken compliments, the sort any well-bred man used to address the fairer sex.

"Titania," he addressed his pupil by her proper name as his raven black eyes came to settle upon her. "It's never wise to ignore things that chance puts in our path. Tonight, fortune has dictated that both you and I stand here quite unplanned. And yet, I feel there is a plan to be had. Only a fool lets a moment go by without raking it for possible opportunity. So. I've an errand to run which could provide you with an interesting lesson and perhaps an acquisition that could be of help to the study of your skills." The last word was diplomatically chosen, purposefully so. Damon revealed precious little about himself even to those he saw with regularity; as such, if he held other individuals with any modicum of favorable regard, he treated their personal business with the same amount of discretion.

"Would you care to join me? If you have business here I will wait. I do, after all, have all the time in the world." His last words he punctuated with his wolfishly charming grin. It was a grin he gave first to Titania, and then it was turned on De'Ryanna as well. What he was, he had no need to hide.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

De'Ryanna turned her polite smile upon Titania even as she shook her head. "No. Thank you for the offer, though I can handle it." This lady was neither a resident nor was she the creator of the things left about and therefore De'Ryanna didn't think it right.

She moved around the bar to push in the chairs that had been left out and took a hold of the drink bottles that were still out. It really didn't take much to straighten up after a person was done with their things. As she went she listened to the other. With a bottle in one hand she was partially turned to the sink behind the bar. "I am De'Ryanna." She deposited the bottle where it was suppose to go.

"Stranger things have happened here. Perhaps what you witnessed was the direct result of people having too much to drink." Alcohol did have a way of making people loose their sense.

Taking out a rag she started the process of wiping down the bar when she heard the mention of the flyers. How many of them were out there and just how many had seen them? "Thank you for the . . . . information." What had caused a pause in her words was the arrival of the vampire. She knew before he even opened his mouth to speak and it was what caused her to glare - just a bit - at him as he entered into the room. She started to wipe a bit harder on the counter. There was nothing special needed to know that he was what he was and by the look he gave her there was no love lost. What she smelled on him did not help matters.

At all.

So. This Titania was a product of the vampire, how very quaint. De'Ryanna wasn't being nosey - she had another word for that anyway - but she was keeping an eye on the pair in case they were up to something more than the retrieval of lipstick. "I do believe she is done here. No need for either of you to linger unnecessarily."

She kept herself in order, the dislike for the male in the room trickled under the surface.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next