Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Starting a trend

4 posters

Go down

Starting a trend Empty Starting a trend

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:24 am

"Well that was rather dull."

Brow would be raised as the book in his hands would be flipped closed with a light thud. Looking at the cover a moment, shoulders would put of a simple shrug before book would be tossed down onto the coffee table. Crystals then turned to look out his picture window. A sigh escaped through those lips while eyes were let adjust to the light coming through the glass. Looking out he had a decent view of the garden's entrance. If he ever wanted he could simply open the window and step out. Or someone could step through, but that would never happen. No, no such adventures like that. Not any more.

But enough of those thoughts. With another book under his belt, he felt it was time for a drink. Walking into his room he would slip on his boots. Looking down, hands would go to adjust his clothes, getting out those unsightly wrinkles the best he could. Then of course he had to go check himself in the mirror. Hand raising to brush a few strands behind ear. Then he would stair a moment into his own face. There was something there. Something.... or maybe the lack of something. It was not the face he grew to know. It was, different. Looking into his own eyes and he didn't recognize who he was. That thought would be shaken away as he stepped out and to the door.

With a sweep of the feet, he would be walking out the door, closing it behind. He knew exactly where he would be going. He needed a drink, and there was only one good spot to get that. So, down the hall and a few turns later he would be walking into that lovely place. Looking around, those blues were not seeing a soul. Oh well. That just means no waiting. So, around the bar he would go. And there was the glory of the place. Shelves and shelves of good drinks. which one would he choose? Actually, he knew exactly what he wanted. Bending down, he would start searching for a good bottle of whiskey. And with a grin, one would be produced, setting it on the bar top. Now for the rest of it.

He would be heading over to the sink and stove int he kitchen. He needed to make some tea. So, a kettle he would find, filling it with water. Stove would be fired up. It would take a few minutes, but that was alright. This drink that he had grown to love was worth it. Unfortunately not many served it, so he often had to make it himself. After several minutes of waiting, he would be almost pacing in that kitchen until he heard the kettle starting to scream. With a smirk, he quickly turned to walk towards the stove. That was when the evil island int he middle of the kitchen jumped out and slammed his foot. A loud bang was made as a pot on the island fell to the floor, along with his voice ringing out a few choice words.

Oh yes.....this was the relaxing drink he needed.....
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Starting a trend Empty Re: Starting a trend

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Winston gave a shake of his head, his hair barely moving due to the product he used to get it to stand, as he stood from the couch. He couldn’t just sit and wait around for Shane to get back, that would grow rather boring, and he figured he needed another persons point of view on the whole room thing. Moving to the door he decided to go find a room populated with people, and perhaps get some opinions.

As he moved through the Inn he would look in the Lounge, among other places, though as luck was not on his side he saw no one else about. He thought that was an odd sensation but he let it go, for once he reached the bar there was another man inside, and a loud screeching noise. Part of him wanted to lift his hands and place them firmly over his ears, though he did not make such a move, ,he knew that sound well from his childhood.

Moving into the bar, he would lift his head and give a grin to the other man, “Mind if I sit down?” He did not wish to bother the man in the bar if he wished to be left alone, he knew how it was when one wanted nothing but peace and quiet and to be alone, and people wouldn’t just leave. Oh no they kept checking in on you, constantly, to the point that you just let them stay, less distractions.
Winston Charles Bakersfie

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Maddie gave a warm smile to Derick, and the other man sitting at the bar.

"Hello gentleman, how can I help you today?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 am

Contrary to popular belief not all forms of peace and quiet were treasured by the Eldar, especially when a mountain of paperwork was involved. Armandeus hated doing inventory, if for only the fact he found it irrevocably boring.

So boring that the Elf had taken a creative approach to the whole process, judging by the array of dagger marks that adorned the back of the storage room door in the shape of a tree. While he was no artist by any means, the tree wasn't half bad and could give rise to thoughts of what would happen if he and Epiphany happened to get together when they were both suffering from boredom.

Armandeus was in the middle of adding more leaves to the aforementioned tree when the sudden screech from the kettle sent the dagger dropping towards the floor as he pressed his hands over his ears. Good Eru what was happening up there? Purple eyes had turned towards the ceiling, seeking an answer when the bang occurred. Wasting no more time wondering, his hands were removed from his ears and the dagger swept up in a fluid motion as he took off up the stairs. Bursting through the door that separated kitchen and basement he looked around wildly. "What happened?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:15 am

Derick would be groaning a bit more. Hand shooting to that island to help support him as wounded foot would be raised. Head tilted down to look at his boot with a new little scuff on the toe. However, all sound from lips would be silenced as he heard the voice from the men. Looking out, he would see him. Didn't know who he was, but then he really didn't know very many here anyway. Putting on his best game face, he would hobble over to the stove to snatch up the kettle and removed it from the heat.

"Oh no, please do. Didn't think anyone else was around. Sorry."

Always apologetic for things he didn't do. As foot was being stretched out, trying to fight through the pain, the hot water would be poured into a tea cup. Then, he would be shooting toward that door that would shooting itself open. Seeing the man, eyes would widen just a bit. He was caught.

"Oh, i'm sorry. I was making some tea and..well...I had some complications. I..I am sorry. Didn't mean to create a ruckus."

Hopping a bit, he would find that pot that had fell, placing it back up on the island. A half smile being brought out for than man. But as for the tea, the said cup would be lifted as he searched out where tea was being kept in this place. And as he came back out to the bar area he would hear Maddie. Turning, those crystals would find her and a smile came to those lips. Perfect! She could help.

"Hello Madeline. I actually am looking for the tea. Where about would that be?"
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:00 am

Maddie smiled sympathetically at Derick. She had seen Armandeus come in also. She continued to gaze at Derick with a playful smile while she spoke.

"Hello Armandeus. It would seem, that a certain someone at this Inn, has forgotten that this Inn has a bartender that would be more than glad to get him some tea. Derick, sweety, why didn't you ask?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 pm

And just what he thought would happen, did. He would look between the people there now, seemingly surrounding him. All eyes were on him. Those worried eyes looked back to Maddie, looking as if he got his hand caught in the proverbial cookie jar. Trying to right his wrong, the cup of hot water would be quickly placed on the bar top and a few steps taken away.

"I'm sorry Madeline, I didn't see you there. I...I was just making myself a drink. Um....yes, so....I'm sorry."

A pause would be made, allowing that big gulp to go down. Crystal blues looking tot he cup, then back to her.

"Could I please get some tea?"
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Winston would look around at those that appeared to be showing up out of the woodwork. The bar looked to be hopping at the moment. Sitting on the bar stool next to the bar, he would look over to the man who looked as if he had just injured himself. "You okay?" He was not one that got overly into the emotional side of people, but he knew with the question he had rambling around in his head, he would be pleasant.

When the woman popped up, Winston would give her a smile, waiting for the man to reply before he did, "And could I get a whiskey on the rocks?" He did hope that the people here did not really put rocks in the drink, and that rocks at this place was ice cubes as it was back home.

As he waited, he would sit upon the stool, looking around the bar, for he had not spent much time in here, yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:20 am

Maddie couldn't help but let out a loud giggle. "It's ok Derick, I know I can be noticable."
Maddie made him a glass of tea, and the other gentleman a whiskey on the rocks. She handed the two men a drink.

"Armandeus, is there anything I can get you?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 pm

"This is. . . unexpected." The fallen pot on the floor, and the man was subjected to an incredulous stare as Armandeus slipped his dagger back into its hiding place. "There is no need to apologize. I am glad no permanent harm was done." A brief glance was given towards the butcher block full of knives that resided on the island beside the pots before he turned, shutting the basement door behind him.

He had been about to say something else when a familiar voice caught his ears and he lifted his head to see Madeline there. "Nae saian luume' Madeline." A smile was given to her as he followed them out to the bar area.

"This is a nice change, being asked if I want anything, instead of being the one doing the asking." His grin widened as he rounded the bar area and took a seat. "A large cup of coffee would be appreciated."

Translation: It has been too long
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:07 am

Maddie smiled back at Armandeus and fixed him a large cup of coffee.

"Would you like sugar or cream with that?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

He turned his attention to the woman whom produced the whiskey on the rocks for him. "Thank you, Madeline, I believe the man said your name was. I'm Winston." He paid attention to detail, even if he did not always relay that in his dealings with others, one must be aware of their surroundings. Lifting the glass he did peer to make sure it had real ice cubes before lifting to his lips and drinking. He did not drink the whole thing at once.

He looked at the others in the room, before looking to the woman again, "Might I get your opinion on something?" He would take any thoughts on the situation, he wasn't a prude in that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:58 am

Maddie smiled at Winston. "Nice to meet you Winston, and yes ask away."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:20 am

Smiling, Derick would reach out and take that cup of tea from her. Of course, he would not be done with it, but the hard part was finished.

"Thank you very much, Madeline. And it's good to see you again. Though, it's always good to see a familiar face in here. Can't say I see many of those."

With that, he would be waiting. For as soon as she poured that whiskey, he would be grabbing up that bottle himself. With a quick pop of the lid, he would be pouring a small dose into the tea. Grinning to himself, that bottle would be placed right where he had found in originally. Then, two hands would go to take up that hot cup. Bringing it up to lips, he would take a deep breath, taking in the sweet aroma of his new favorite concoction. Then, to lips cup was pressed as a sip would be taken.

"Ahhh....just what I needed."
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:27 am

"Always nice to see a satisfied customer. And thank you Derick, it's good to be back. If you need anymore all you have to do is ask."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 pm

He gave a nod of his head, when she said she could ask away, before he began to speak. "Do women want a man that is easy to find, or do they prefer a man that makes them wonder?" He paused, "I am debating if I should get my own room, make Shane wonder what is going on, or if I should continue sleeping on her couch. Though I don't know how much longer I can handle that couch." Stretching out his back as he spoke. He glanced at the two men as well, for if they had any opinions they would be welcome too.

Yes they might not know Shane, or her attributes, but he figured getting other peoples advice couldn't hurt, could it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Maddie herself always liked a man to keep her on toes. She then got a semi-evil grin on her face. "Hmmm, well I would suggest getting your own room, let her wonder. She might get bored if you didn't."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:29 pm

As of late, Derick would be the worst person to ask advice of when it came to women. So, when the man asked that question, he would simply remain silently drinking his tea. Perhaps he would feed off of other answers?

"Thank you, Madeline. I think I have learned my lesson now."

A smirk would be sent to her. And a tilt of the head given as she gave off her answer to the man. For the moment, he would be walking around to the front of the bar. Finding himself a stool towards the small group, he sat himself down. Form turned towards them as cup was set down on bar top.

"And....I think you should spend as much time as possible with her. But, if she gives hints of some space. Well....that's a no brainier."
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:11 pm

He would take in the words from the two that did contribute to his pickle he had found himself in. Thinking on the actions, and with what the two had said, made him give a nod of his head. "Her couch would be the death of me." That was his comment, though he knew after he finished his drink, he was going to make his way to the reception desk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Madeline gave Derick a nod. "You're quite welcome."

She then smiled at the advice seeker, and giggled. "Yeah couches are hell."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon