Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Drink (open)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Drink (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Drink (open)

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Her eyes were slightly on the wide side as she looked from her hand, to his imprinted cheek, and then to his face. She was thinking, her mind pulling at fragmented lines and possibilities to only come up with inconclusive evidence that the first thought that came to her mind was right. But there was something that was factual - or enough anyway - and that was he absorbed things. What type of things could he absorb and did he absorb anything from her earlier when she touched his cheek, or when she hit him? She didn't feel any different . . .

That thought trailed away and she held her hand to her chest, caressing the back of it with the fingers of her other hand. Her eyes had gone back to normal while Tobias proceeded to talk. She was able to listen to reason and not take root in her anger unless there was cause. Hitting him, that had made her feel better for it got some of the pent up energy out of her system so now she was slightly more relaxed. But he was apologizing, and his absorption ability was on her mind, and her waist felt warm from the chain, there wasn't much room left for anger, but there was always room for logic. What he said sounded logical.

Still holding on to her hand De'Ryanna gave the slightest of nods as she put her shoulders back and watched him. "The differences in cultures make us unique. As well as our various gifts." He wouldn't be stupid enough to think she didn't notice he was different, maybe he would even catch the other hint in there.

"I will remember what you said, though I advise against hitting me in return unless your aim is for physical interactions. I don't usually strike out." How hard was it to say that last bit? Hard. It was as close to an apology he was going to get for her hitting him.

"As long as you are in the Inn I'm sure we will see each other again." Looking past him to the bar she considered his offer to stay but, she had set the course earlier and couldn't simply return without taking a mark on her pride. "But I should be about my other work."

She stepped back from him and let her hand drift back to her side. "Good-bye. Tobias. I like your gloves."

I like your gloves. that was the best closure she could think of since she was not accustomed to having many friendly conversations outside of business. Now to get out the door.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:40 pm

He wasn't surprised at her reaction. He was used to a slew of different reactions about what he could do. Including the one where the person got real keen on trying to lock him up. But that reaction didn't happen in Rhy'din. Which is why he and Sam were here.

Our various gifts. He tried hard not to wear his thought. Our meant her too. He couldn't help wondering what considering she'd touched him two times today and that meant both times he couldn've have picked up something he didn't bargain for. Good thing he hadn't. Yet. Part of him wanted to ask. Right now. Get it out in the open because she'd understand why he was asking right? As a precaution.

He didn't ask mostly because of what she said next which was ironic considering what he was worried about. He half-smiled because of the irony. "Wouldn't worry about it. I'm not known for physical interactions." Truth in more ways than one. He paired that comment with a lift of his hand. Giving her a goodbye wave. Showing off the fingerless glove on that hand. "Don't leave home without 'em." That was the best answer she'd get.

A nod as he dropped his hand. "Take care. Sister." Tobias winked at her before turning around and heading back into the bar to finish his breakfast. He was the type of guy who made a bed just to put a wrinkle in it a minute later. So he couldn't resist one last braid pull after everything was straightened out.

"Never a dull moment." Said to Shane as he sat back down. He took a long pull from his beer before setting it down. "I'd watch out if you ever order an omlette." As if that was the cause of the whole misunderstanding.
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Shane was a girl, girls stuck together at times, it was nothing personal against Tobias. And she was sort of playing with him when she said look what you did! But when Tobias did speak to her, she couldn't help but laugh, as she shook her head. "Well, that is one way to get out of doing dishes, or you coulda just took them out back and used them to skeet shoot." She spoke with such a straight face, though she was not one that normally would destroy other's property. When he was speak ranting, she would nod before looking at him, giving him the innocent look, "Of course it's look what you did! Your the stinky boy." She winked, she wasn't being mean. She really was listening to his point of view, she just couldn't help it. Then she would nod when he said he would be right back, she knew he was going after De'Ryanna, at least she figured he would be. So she would wait till he got back.

While he was off and after De'Ryanna and through out their whole conversation, Shane did not budge from the bar. Instead she moved her hands to her drink, and took another long drink from it, savoring it. Then she would lift the second strawberry off the rim, two more to go, as she popped it into her mouth. She really did have a thing for strawberries, which she hadn't thought anything of until he said Shane likes strawberries.

When Tobias did come back to finish his meal, Shane would look up at him. "Welcome back...and I shall remember to stay away from the omelettes, they are dangerous!" Her eyes widened as she spoke that last bit, but not completely like a bug, just wider. "Do you think all food here is dangerous or just the omelettes?" She was getting a bit chattier, though she wasn't going to push Tobias, she didn't know him well enough to do such.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:22 am

He thought twice about putting his beer down. Picking it back up Tobias drank half of the glass. That was more like it. Glass was put on the bar and now he was primed and ready to finish his omelet. Beer went great with eggs. But then again he thought beer went great with everything at any time any hour.

After a mouthful he replied. "I don't shoot. Skeet or anything else. My cousins do, uncles and stuff. Was never my thing." Since she'd said that to him as he was going out to talk to De'ryanna the comment must have stuck with him to answer it now. "Then that whole Dick Cheney deal back in the States, right? Gave me a nice 'told ya so' for them." Sure did. The Kennedy men didn't get on him about shooting or hunting anymore. Not like he saw them much these days anyhow.

"I hope not all the food is dangerous. Won't lie though when she went back into the kitchen to get the beer? That I might be drinking spit or poison or both crossed my mind. Cheers." Added as he picked his glass up to polish off the rest of his beer. He either didn't think spit or poison was in there or he didn't care.
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:00 am

When De'Ryanna left the kitchen with her arms full of drinks and the family-of-four sized omelette Armandeus had not went with her. Instead the chef had opted to stay in his kitchen and check upon the counter full of plates that were still waiting to be delivered.

Even though only a short amount of time had passed since the food had been placed upon the plates the Elf couldn't help but ensure that every dish was still hot. Finding out that nobody enjoyed cold pancakes was a lesson Armandeus only needed to learn once and since then this last minute inspection had become routine.

At the current moment it did not take long to check the plates and when he was finally satisfied the orders were given for them to be delivered. With everything falling in order he looked back out across the kitchen, noticing that Ryan hadn't returned from the bar. Given her reaction earlier regarding one of the new patrons he had been expecting her to return rather quickly and to see that she hadn't was a surprise.

It wasn't like her and so he crossed the room, opening the door in time to hear "...That I might be drinking spit or poison or both crossed my mind. Cheers." One eyebrow raised to disappear underneath that black bandanna as the door was pushed open the rest of the way and he moved into the bar area. Judging by the words the speaker had to be the man called Tobias and for his comment he would be subjected to a scrutinizing look from the Elf. "I can assure you sir, there are no poisons nor bodily fluids in anything that leaves my kitchen."

Holding the look a moment longer his gaze then swept the bar and the surrounding area, coupled with a growing frown. Turning back, he looked between the two sitting there. "Have you seen De'Ryanna?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:29 pm

She would give a nod of her head as he spoke. "I personally have never even held a gun." She didn't think that was some big secret thing, "I just remember in a few movies I have seen in the past, that they would use dishes for such purposes. To get out of washing them of course." Not that she would of known if Tobias was into shooting things or not until after that exchange. When he mentioned the whole Dick Cheney thing she couldn't help but laugh. She wasn't into politics really, she had been on the fringes of the scene during elections, though not fully by choice. "I would of never trusted him with a gun in the first place, looked like he was ready to keel over at any moment." She did not say that to offend him, just as she didn't ask him if he was related to The Kennedys either, wasn't her place and it wouldn't change how she interacted with him either.

Then she gave a small nod, "Perhaps it's just the rather large omelette's that look to have taken a small army to make." A small shake of her head, she was just about to reply that she didn't think that from what she had heard Armandeus would of let anything that wasn't top quality of out his kitchens, even if De'Ryanna was feeling ill will towards Tobias. Mouth was open to speak actually as they were joined.

Now she thought to answer the man that appeared about De'Ryanna, but thought perhaps Tobias being the last to see her, would have a better answer. So yeah she grabbed her drink and took a nice long sip, as she waited to hear the answer.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am

He was drinking his beer when the cook said that. But the guy didn't have to worry he had his retort ready for when he set his glass down. "What about you? You've got bodily fluids and you left your kitchen. You trying to say the sister's made of stone?" He shook his head back and forth with a disapproving little smirk. "Shame shame. I'm going to tell her." He grinned that grin that told that he knew he was being a jackass for saying that.

Then he turned to Shane. "Course he looks ready to keel over. They pack that guy fulla fiber just like straw with the straw man in Oz and there isn't any goddamn other thing in him. True E! Hollywood Story." He was glad to be able to make a second Earth reference. He met people who were from there sometimes but never enough. Most of them that he had met were leery of him when they found out he was a mutant. Was some reminder of home. "Been away from the states long?" He was guessing she was from the states since she knew the Cheney reference.

Up to this point he hadn't answered the cook's question. Keeping him in suspense maybe. But finally he turned his eyes to the man who'd given him a stare down. "She said she had to take care of her other daily duties. Must be real important since my charm and good looks weren't enough to make her stay." That's when Toby turned back to finish up his breakfast.
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Shane had been sitting quietly for a few moments, until Tobias did turn back to her, it was better that way so nothing came out of her mouth that shouldn't. So when he spoke, she almost choked on her margarita, before a laugh escaped. "So that's what they did to keep him alive and kicking!" She grinned, "I love watching those, even though you have no say over the editing that they do." A small grumble but that did not last very long, she was in a good mood, and that wasn't something that was going to make it go sour. She gave a shake of her head, "Not to long, I was rather glad that I can get cell reception here, on the journey I lost it a few times. I have to figure out a way to go back if I don't want to miss a shoot." She gave a shrug, she really didn't know if she wanted to go, she sort of did not want to go back and deal with all that it entailed. If she stumbled across the fact he was a mutant it wouldn't effect how she treated him. Shane was one that judged everyone on a individual basis. "Born in a suburb of Detroit." Not that she still lived there, she did go to visit her family occasionally.

When Tobias returned his attention to the other man, she would pluck off the third strawberry, popping it into her mouth and eating it. Then she would lift her glass up to there mouth again, she was nursing her drink, it was cold and she did not wish to get a frozen ice headache, those things were evil. Though hearing the last of Tobias words to the other man she couldn't help but cough as she was drinking. Her eyes watered a bit, it wasn't anything personal it was the delivery of the words.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:05 pm

There were many ways to reply to what the man said and most, even when said in his native tongue as Armandeus had a mind too, would be odious. Instead of saying any of those things the Elf decided to take the high road and say nothing. Besides, he was confidant that even if the other man happened to tell De'Ryanna she wouldn't believe him.

While waiting for an answer for De'Ryanna's whereabouts the Elf took up a relaxed stance leaning up against the wall behind the bar. With breakfast finished he had all the time in the world to wait, well at least until it came time to prepare lunch. As it turned out he didn't have to wait that long to get his answer. Considering the feeling he had picked up from her earlier, it did not surprise Ar that she was no longer near the bar area.

As for why she left in the first place, well that wasn't hard to guess. Armandeus was determined to find out what exactly had happened, but for the moment it could wait. There was the matter of payment currently at hand and Ar's gaze fell to what remained of Tobias' breakfast. "Was your meal satisfactory?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:39 am

"I can relate." That's all he replied to her comment about not having control over editing. He was the black sheep of a family that the States loved to keep in the news. Had since the 40s. There was a time when he didn't mind it. There were sometimes he didn't mind it now. But then there were the other times.

"Boston," he added. Where he was from, as if it wasn't obvious by his accent. But maybe she didn't know the sound of that region so he said it just in case. "I know a way back. To the States I mean. If you ever want to know where it is I can show you." Notice he didn't say he'd take her through it. He wasn't about to go back to the States even if it was for five seconds. "It's kinda a weird way to travel, makes you feel like your brains've been scrambled but other than that it's safe enough."

He was done eating. Putting his fork and knife on his plate. "Sure was." Said back at Armandeus. "Chunks of something tasted kind of off." Probably the dragon meat. He shrugged. "But I'm used to it. When in Rome." Some of the places he'd spent time at in Rhy'din had food that you'd think was scraped off the road with a spatula and then put on a plate. Compared to that the omelette was big business.

He rested his arms on the counter. Eyes staying on Armandeus. Toby had nothing else to say to him so there weren't any words with his stare just silence. He was waiting.
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:41 pm

She was not going to push him to reveal or share more, he seemed the stubborn sort, and she wasn't in the mood to try to be pushy. Perhaps if she watched the news more, she might of known whom he was, if he was featured on the broadcasts with the rest of his family. As it was, Shane wasn't to much into watching t.v. She always had things to be doing, and when she did catch a program or two, she had a secret hidden love of soap operas. They reminded her that her own life could be so much more dysfunctional.

Head would nod when he said Boston, "I've never made it there...at least not yet." So she wouldn't of been able to tell. Her own accent was one that had confused enough people to think she was from the south, yet she had been raised her whole life in the north. But then he caught her attention, "This scrambled brains how long does it last? And this way you know of, would it get me there and back? Or rather could I travel both ways in a single day or would my body need a rest?" She was curious, for she had not found her own way to travel between the two, and it wasn't that she was even sure she wanted to go back, but just in case, she thought she should ask such questions.

She lifted that last strawberry up and into her mouth, before taking another drink of her margarita, yes she did sort of nurse it, but it was just about...gone. Setting the empty glass down, she would cast her gaze between the two men, whom seemed to be having a odd showdown of sorts. Silent she would stay in that matter, though she wasn't up and running away either.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 am

It was Armandeus' turn to relate, although unlike them he left his words unspoken. The so eloquently phrased 'chunks of something' had to be the foul, at least to his tastes, tasting dragon's meat. Still, while he found the stuff horrid it was nothing compared to some of the things other tavern and bar owners in Rhy'Din tried to pass off as edible. Yes, the Elf had 'been there and done that' before, which could possibly explain his sensitive pallet.

The Elf had never moved from his position, instead he had matched Tobias' stare with one of his own before he finally spoke. "I am glad you enjoyed your meal, but now there is the matter of payment. It has been decided since your meal was a special order and required extra preparation that is only fitting that you be required to wash the dishes." It was here that the Elf began to move, only to cross his arms against his chest. "I have found that a small amount of help goes further than any form of currency."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Om Kennedy Yajna Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 pm

If anyone watched the tube back in the states enough they might know who Toby was. Especially networks like CNN, C-SPAN, History Channel. Whenever mutant legislation hit the Capital they slipped in a mention of the Kennedy Trips somehow. Dex fighting in the resistance movement made them more newsworthy than the other political mutants. Plus they were Kennedys. Enough said.

"It's alright. Even the law breakers and bums there think they're better than the rest of the country. It's that kinda place." His shrug said she shouldn't break her back trying to go there. To Boston. "I haven't ever traveled through it in the same day. And I don't know if how long it scrambles my brains would help you. We've got different genes." That's the closest he'd come to saying he was a mutant.

Here he stood up. Armandeus had said something about dishes. He tossed his napkin on his plate and picked it up. Still talking to Shane. "You could take it there and back though yeah. It goes two ways. You know that C.S. Lewis book about the wardrobe? Think of it like that. Except this way knocks the wind outta you and gives you vertigo." His sh-t eating smirk probably wouldn't help her feel any better about it. "I'm on the second floor if you ever want me to show you. Right now I've got some dishes to wash."

That was him excusing himself. Heading to the door of the kitchen with his plate and glass in hand. "Sure thing. I didn't realize one omelette made so many dishes." His jackass way of questioning Armandeus about if the punishment really fit the crime. He'd dish wash though. He'd done more menial tasks than that. Maybe the fact he'd washed dishes would impress somebody.
Om Kennedy Yajna
Om Kennedy Yajna

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleshanee Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:21 pm

She probably missed all of that stuff, she wasn't known for watching those channels and for the most part every time the news came on she normally changed the channel. It seemed all they ever covered was negative things, and the positive things were just spoken very quickly, but the negative was gone into with so much detail.

The way he said it, made her have doubts if she really did want to travel there, though since she was little she had always wanted to be able to say she'd been all over the states, and if someone mentioned somewhere she could say she'd been there too. A nod at his words, she wouldn't think anything of them, for everyone had different genes, right? "That's true. But, I just may be calling on you, if I decide to go." Though the way he was speaking it did have her doubts rising, would the trip be worth it?

"It was nice to meet ya, Tobias. If you ever want a running partner, I'm on the third floor." She did not mean that as anything other then what she said. She actually worked out quite regularly, and at home she had a few partners along with a trainer or two. Those she was glad to be doing with out. Standing up she would turn her gaze over to the other man. "Have a good day!" Was spoken as she took her glass and set it upon Tobias's plate and napkin that was in his hand, a little grin and with that, she was gone.
Aleshanee
Aleshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2