Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

To Catch A Cat. <Open>

3 posters

Go down

To Catch A Cat. <Open> Empty To Catch A Cat. <Open>

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:17 am

~{ OOC note! Please feel free to jump in, and play along, but no finding the white kitty! }~

After chasing and losing the white ball of fluff the other night, Gwendolyn couldn't seem to get the white kitty off of her mind. She had tried, but a small nagging thought would not let go, what if the kitty was all alone? It was so tiny, and fluffy that she couldn't just leave it out there all alone! And in her mind it was! She would move over to the closet and open it, peering in she would give a small nod, as if saying to herself this is what I should wear, and out she tugged a mint green button down with long sleeve top. The sleeves were able to be rolled up if she got to warm, and not knowing how the weather might turn, that might be for the best. She was already wearing her black leggings, so changing tops was not very difficult and once that mission was accomplished she moved over to sit on the bed. Bending down she would put on both of her black boots. When one was about to go out walking and not knowing how far or how long, they needed to have good pair of walking boots, right? The last thing she did was grab a small messenger style bag, which contained her journal, a pen for now.

Leaving her room, she would close the door, and make her way down to the kitchens. She would speak quickly and softly and ask for a few items to take on her journey, along with a little bit of milk, just so she had it if she found the kitten. Now don't ask what she planned to do once she did find the small ball of white fluff, for she hadn't thought it out that far in advance. Things always had a way of falling into place it seemed.

Once she was outside of the inn, she would look off towards the east, deciding that the eastern forest would be as a good as place as any for the kitten to hide, she would start off. Heading towards the Crystal Falls, not moving at to fast of a pace, just steady, not wanting to wear herself out. Fingers randomly lifting to play with the strap of her messenger bag.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

To Catch A Cat. <Open> Empty Re: To Catch A Cat. <Open>

Post by Leo Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Having been away for a couple of months it may be thought that returning back here to the Inn would be odd and strange, but he traveled around so often that returning to a place was natural. Especially if there was a reason why he should re-frequent a place. One being the people at the Inn - or one in particular. Normally he would have stayed with his boss, but he had something he wanted to alone.

This was the reason that brought this particular Spaniard walking up the path to the Inn, whistling as he idly tossed his hat up in the air to catch it. A light mood with a bounce to his step. The weather was not too cool or warm and he was wearing a light tan and dark red stripped button shirt with a dark brown pants. A chain around his neck disappeared under his shirt.

A young lady had come out of the Inn, perhaps she had been staying there and now she was leaving and that was why she had the bag with her. If anything, Leo was a friendly guy and it just wouldn't do to see her and not say hello.

"Mucho gusto Seρorita," he pronounced with a smile. Having captured his hat from the last toss, he placed it on his chest as he gave her a bow. Standing straight he placed the hat back upon his head. "It is a good day to travel. Where does a young lady go all alone?"
Leo
Leo

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:51 pm

As the man spoke, Gwendolyn would pause in step, her hazel eyes lifting up from the ground. A small smile formed over her lips as he spoke in response. "Good day sir." The words came out in a normal pace no real accent to her. "The weather does seem to be best for exploring! Not to hot nor to cold." She paused just a moment as if in thought, as fingers fidgeted with the strap once more. "The other night, I spotted a white kitten. It was rather small, and as much as I have tried to forget the kitten, I have decided I have to find it and make sure it is all right!"

Her mission was much like Alice looking for the white rabbit, the curiosity and the wish to make sure it was fine, and if it wasn't well, she'd figure that out later. She smiled to the man. "I'm Gwendolyn ... I just got a room in the inn." A small nod of her head towards the place. She had realized that she hadn't introduced herself, and so she had to show her manners! Her hazel eyes would look away a moment before looking to the man. "Do you frequent the inn as well?" It was a logical thought seeing he was heading towards the same place she was leaving.

Gwendolyn still had not met that many people, and if she could find new friends, she wasn't one to turn such down. And this man seemed nice, her head tilted in thought just a moment before she would offer a smile. "Do you have plans for the day?" She figured he might, but the way she asked it, he would feel no pressure to answer, she decided it would depend on his answer if she asked if he wished to go along and help or not. The bag wasn't overly large, and she would explain that after hearing his answer.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 pm

The young lady was going in search of a cat - a white cat to be precise - and she was going to go alone. There was no one else with her and she didn't mention that she was meeting up with anyone, so that could only mean that she was alone. A proper gentleman couldn't let a young lady go wandering off on her on. There were things out there that would take advantage of her friendliness and obvious good-nature.

Since he's been in this place there have been a lot of females who can take care of themselves just as good as near any man. But a lovely Fae, who smelled like the mountain air to him, had taken it upon herself to call him a knight (he was even wearing the necklace -under his shirt - and pin) and as one he had to make sure that this young lady would be safe in these wilds.

"Eleuterio Mξnquιz is my name," when he spoke it did carry with it the sound of his accent, though it was not so thick as to make it hard to understand. Accept for maybe his name. "Leo for short." That was often easier for people to say.

"I, too, have a room at the Inn though I have been absent for some time. I think that I should join you on this trip of yours as these white kittens can be elusive."

It was decided. Perhaps on this small venture he would find something as well.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm

That was all true! She did not think about the things that were out in the areas she might explore, her mind was strictly about that possible poor alone kitten. Though her forest friend had warned her that not all people were as kind as he was, and that she did need to be a bit more careful at times, she seemed to take people at first glance. Which could very easily get a girl in trouble, but she had been lucky so far, and she might just stay that way, if nice people were around!

When he said his name, she felt her eyes widen just a bit, not because of the name itself, but because she really didn't think her tongue would wrap around such a name! And then when he said what people could call him instead of calling him such a large name, her smile would form, and she thought for just a moment before she spoke. "You have a very eloquent name, and I am very glad that you allow people to call you Leo, because I don't quite know if I could pronounce that and do it justice." Her filter was not quite put into place yet, so most things that passed in her mind, did end up coming out in words.

Hearing the words, and seeing him just getting back to the inn after his own trip, she would give a gentle nod of her head, and a small breath of air. "Oh thank you for going with me! I really did not wish to explore on my own, I think that two sets of eyes will work better then one!" She paused just a moment in her speaking, "Do you need to stop by your room first?" She was not so impatient that if he had something to attend to first that she had to go at that very moment, though she did want to get started soon.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:32 pm

She was, in truth, a very kind and trusting person for she simply accepted what he told her without ay hint of question or disbelief. Maybe he had run across too many skeptical people in his line of work and therefore expected people to be like that most of the time. It was possible.

Another good reason why he was a good man. No need to wonder about his intentions. "I have another set of eyes that are good for looking around and spotting things that are rare. All but halos." He pointed to the top of his head, though there was nothing there to see right now. He was bringing light to the situation.

"I'm ready to go when you are Seρorita. All I have need of is your name. Unless you want me to think up a name for you."
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:28 pm

She would of never wondered about intentions, for such things did not cross her mind. Though she was nodding when he spoke of another set of eyes for this mission it would make it much easier. The kitten was rather small, and in her excitement of finding it, she just might look right over it! She would smile as he spoke, for she thought his accent was rather interesting, though one with such an accent might even say she was the one with the accent. She looked thoughtful just a moment, before speaking. "It is a good thing we are searching for a kitten instead of a lost halo then."

A nod was given to his words, as he spoke of being ready and not needing to go back to his room for anything. And then when he made mention that she had forgotten to give him her name, a soft blush could creep up her cheeks. "I am sorry! How very rude of me, my name is Gwendolyn, but you can call me Gwen for short." She smiled shyly, "Though, if you do think of a name for me, I would so like to hear it." No one had ever called her anything but her given or nickname, and the prospect did interest her.

Deciding that it was time for them to set off, hazels darting about from the left to the right, wondering which way they should start. "Leo...where do you think we should start? I was thinking perhaps somewhere in the Eastern Forest, for with caves, cliffs, falls and glades, they seem like ideal places for a kitten to hide, don't you think?" Her head would tilt to the left, just a bit as she awaited his answer, once he answered her head would right itself up.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 pm

Juliet was returning from school when she saw a familiar face. She smiled and tapped him on the shoulder "Leo, you are back. It is good to see you>'

She smiled at the lady "did I hear that you are looking for a kitten? I thought I heard one near by , just over there." She pointed behind her and to the left, the direction she had come from. "If you guys need help I could go get Dia she good at that kinda stuff."
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 pm

It was his opinion that the young lady was so excited about finding the lost white kitten that she was letting things get away from her. He thought it was endearing. How fortunate that they were not looking for a halo, he wouldn't know where to begin. Now that he had her name he gave a winsome smile and a polite bow of his head.

"Mucho gusto, Gwen," now he could formally greet her in the proper way for introductions. "If I were to think of a name for you now, upon this first meeting, it would be Gatito." Remembering that she thought his name was a bit hard to say, he thought to say this new name again in a slower way and be more pronounced.

"Gah-e-toe." And there he smiled again. Leo was always one who had a smile to offer and a bit of humor on his sleeve. "For that is what is called a cute kitten." There may have been a taste of humor there. She had a nice face and smile, and she was looking for a kitten.

Before he could answer the question on where to go there was someone else who took his attention. When he saw her, did not his smile widen. "Juliet!" He knew her and because of it he went to capture the young lady in a hug. It was standard issue for many occasions. It may have hindered her in pointing to where the kitten could have gone.

"Tell me, how is Inion?" He asked this after she finished offering assistance to Gwen.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm

It was true, she did have the habit sometimes when her mind had a set path, that sadly such manners as introducing oneself, seemed to leave her mind. It wasn't that she was being rude on purpose and it was good that other's could recognize that. Though if the girl was going to go on a hunt for a halo it would seem she would need a different adventuring partner!

Smiling she would look to Leo, she had a feeling that saying mucho gusto, wasn't a bad thing! She had never met anyone that spoke this language of his, though she was trying to follow along. Her smile seemed to widen just a bit hearing that, for she never did have a nick name, though she would attempt to pronounce it after him, before he did go into the pronunciation, and she mangled it a bit. "Gat-it-o."

But then he went and he pronounced it so that she could get it, and she looked thoughtful just a moment before testing it. Speaking slowly, "Gah-e-toe." Of course she wouldn't have the same sound as his words, but it would work better then her first time saying it. She didn't think about how it would sound coming out of her mouth, if he would laugh at her clumsy first attempt. Or if he would not like the fact that she killed his language as she was attempting, though most people were rather understanding, when one was trying something new. She did think that was a smart way of thinking of a name, for it did make sense to her once he told her what it meant!

Her lips would curve up into a smile as the girl tapped Leo, it was always good to see when friends met up again. And when the girl turned to Gwendolyn herself, she would give a small nod. "I am indeed looking for a kitten, there was one in the inn the other night, and it ran out and I can not get it out of my mind." She looked a little bit worried at the thought, before that smile would slip back over her lips.

Thinking that she would just take a peek in the direction that the girl, whom's name she was guessing to be Juliet, had pointed in. She looked at how far of a distance it was, as it didn't seem like it was that far away, she would slip away. She moved in the direction that the girl had spoken of, though she was still in hearing distance of the two of them, for she wasn't about to go exploring to far on her own. As she reached the area, she would look around, moving some of the weeds around, when a brown rabbit jumped out, causing her to jump backwards. Her hazel eyes widened, and both of her hands lifted to hold each other in front of her chest, before she laughed at herself, realizing that the noise the girl heard was the bunny.

A small shake of her head, as she would make her way back slowly to Leo and Juliet. She did hope that they did not see her reaction to the bunny, and she hoped that the slight blush upon her features would clear before she reached them again. She would wait for them to converse before speaking softly to Juilet. "Thank you for the help, but it was just a bunny."
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm

She was a bit surprised at the hug at first, then returned it. Giving him a smile and a wink "Inion is good, a bit bored and maybe lonely since i started school durning the day. You should come to dinner tonight, she would be excited to see you."

Her attention returned to the lady." oh just a bunny, hmm I was sure I heard meowing." she gave a shurg. "If you would like an extra pari of eyes, I could help you look for the kitten. I just have to let Inion know where I am at." She blushed suddenly remembering that Inion would get on her for not introducing herself. "OH I am sorry I haven't introduced myself I am Juliet, I live here at the inn with my guardian Inion."

She pulled out her cell and sent Inion a text letting her know where she was and doing. and hinted at Leo being back. A moment later she got a text back and she grinned. Looking at Leo "Inion is shopping for dinner and said that I can bring a guest." she gave him a grin "I didn't tell her it was you."
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:48 am

Leo was not upset that Gwen did not pronounce the word right the first time; some people had a hard time saying words that were not in their native tongue. What was appreciated was her attempt. Still, the man laughed and gave a nod of his head. She certainly was something, and she wandered off as Juliet was typing in a message on her phone to contact Inion.

Now, this Spaniard had a thing for items of the electronic nature, though it was known by only a few. It was something that could be considered a closet hobby for hardly anyone would ever see him using an electronic device, except his phone. That was always with him and he had done an extensive tweaking job on the device to get it to do the things needed.

Many things about this man were unknown. The hope of dinner loomed over him right now and that was something that was always appreciated.

“Being the tricky one, sν?” He should consider himself lucky, then, that he did not run into Inion when he came here through the town or else this little surprise may have been ruined. “It will be off my delight to come to dinner. I am sure that we would have found the white kitten for Gatito by then.”

He purposely called Gwen by the given nickname and he looked in her direction as she was now coming back. So the cat was not there. “We shall just have to look more. Onward we go.”

Was Gwen ready to leave the area of the front of the Inn, and would Juliet follow?

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm

She did look at Leo to see his reaction, and the fact that he did not look angry or upset with her, made her relax. The laugh wasn't a cruel laugh, and she could tell that as he nodded as well, which would of brought a smile to her lips. She liked the sound of laughter from those around her the pleasant sounds.

Gwendolyn still had not seen a phone, so perhaps it was a good thing that she had been off searching in the area that Juliet had suggested, or they would of had a fun time trying to explain that to her. Most of the modern technology's she had no inkling of, though she did know of working rest rooms, thank heavens!

She would look to Juliet once more, she had hoped that the kitten would of been found there, but it was not to be. She would offer a small smile hearing the girls words. "Perhaps the bunny isn't a normal bunny?" That would be the only reason she could think of it making a meowing sound. Or if perhaps a bunny and a cat had a liter of baby's, that could be interesting animals in itself!

When the girl offered her name and the offer of another set of eyes, she would smile. "Tis very nice to meet you Juliet. I'm Gwendolyn, but most just call me Gwen." She was not ready to attempt the nickname Leo had just given her just yet again. She would look to the girl, "I would not wish to get you in trouble helping us search for the kitten if you have work to do." She had never gone to a formal school, she was home taught, but she knew if she was having someone over for dinner, she had to have all of her work done, or Az would be very upset with her. Gwen did not wish to cause any problems for the girl.

Then her attention would shift back to Leo, a small bob of her head, as she spoke. "Where do you think we should venture to first?" She did not know if he knew the area at all, but she had only little snatches of information from hearing what people had said, not that she was sure she could find anything at all. But if one did not try, they would never succeed!
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:35 pm

She smiled at Gwen, "oh it's ok I let Inion know what I was doing. I just have to be back in time to make the salad for dinner. She is totally ok with everything, since I dont have any homework or anything to do and my chores really are done for the day since I didn't have any to began with. Let me just run upstairs and drop off my book bag and get Dia, I am sure she needs out by now. " Would it surprise Leo to see her so chatterier, he hadn't been gone that long, but even in that short of a tme she had seemed to regain her confidence and shed the shyness.

Her smile was bright and full of life. "I will be right back, you guys go on ahead ill catch up with Dia ." she dashed inside.
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:34 am

The young ones always had it in them to talk, and to talk a lot if they were given the chance, but last time he had seen Juliet she was more soft spoken. A welcome change? Perhaps it is that she has gotten use to the surroundings and the people here that it has caused her to loosen up. If that was so, then it was a good thing.

Listening to the two of them, back and forth, from one side to the next, went his head so that the two of them could be in his vision. Poor Leo was between the pair.

"You run along then," he said with a chuckle hinting on the edge of his voice. "Remember not to give away who you are bringing to dinner later." He liked the idea of a surprise. He personally liked them himself.

His hand swept forward then, in the direction of the woods. "As for you, seρorita Gatito, I think we should go to the forest. It is big and the cat could easily be lost within."

It was a choice that made sense to him.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Listening to Juliet her head would nod so she knew that Gwen was actually paying attention to the words she was speaking. She was glad that the girl would not get in trouble for helping them. Not that Gwen really ever got into trouble, but she had heard stories from those that had, and punishments never seemed like something she wished to experience.

Once the girl dashed away and into the inn, her attention moved back to Leo. She would nod once at his words, before speaking herself, for the forest was indeed rather large, and with everything that it included the kitten could be rather lost! "Should we try the Glades in the forest first?" She thought that sounded like a good place for a kitten to hide, though she wasn't so sure, for she hadn't been anywhere besides the garden since she had arrived.

If he thought that was a good idea, she would begin to walk that way, she did not walk at a super fast pace, for she did not wish to miss anything on her walk that could give them a clue of where the kitty might be. Though if he did not think that was a good place, she would begin to walk towards whatever part he did mention!
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 am

Upstairs she ditched her bag in her room and took a few minutes to change out of her school uniform. Jeans, t-shirt, cropped jacket and vans, she double checked to make sure she had everything she need. Key, cell phone and ipod in her pockets, she headed to the door calling Dia.

Dia run up to her side, excited about going out. she missed having Juliet around most of the day, and couldn't wait for what adventure they were going on.

Back outside Juliet leaned down to Dia, "ok sweet go find Leo." she laughed at the quizical look on the pups face. "yes he is back and we are going ot help him and a lady find a lil' kitten. so come on."
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 pm

Go find Leo.

Where was Leo?

The answer to that question was simple: Leo was headed to the Koda Glades. Maybe Gatito would notice this? But as she was new to the area, she may not. "The Glades are a good place to start in the forest, lots of green things that are soft for kittens. " he would explain.

It was true. The times he had been there he had found it to be peaceful place. It was not a too far walk from the Inn and, as they headed towards the forest the land became lush with vegetation. A bit of a dirt path that would eventually end. As they would walk he kept an eye out.

He smiled with a bit of a chuckle. "And it is good for us that white can stand out against the green. Oh?" a slight pause when they started to enter I to the glade, "What's that over there?"

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:36 pm

~( OOC Note! Moving Posting to the Glades! )~
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down