Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Delivery Boy

3 posters

Go down

Delivery Boy Empty Delivery Boy

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Speedy had been given a task, and he was being well paid to get to it.  So he took the boxes that the other guy had inspected, and he did exactly what he had been told to do with them.

He walked into the Inn, careful not to tip the boxes as he managed to make his way through the door. Gonz helped with that by standing against the door once Speedy got it open.  Then he headed right to the front desk.  He carefully set the boxes down on the top of the desk, trying to take up as little room as possible with them.  Then he looked around for a bell to ding, or someone in the area to help him out.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Delivery Boy Empty Re: Delivery Boy

Post by Leo Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:44 pm

It was then that Leo was seen coming down the stairs that were in the line of sight of the desk. Things had gotten better for his hand after he had a lot of rest and a lot of isolation from people.  Being locked up was nothing something that he could do for long, and it was hard to run a business from behind closed doors.

At the moment his destination was the store in the Uptown part of the Marketplace, a messenger bag over his casual suit and buttoning the cuffs of his right sleeve. Being two steps from the bottom was when Leo noticed someone was at the front desk.  "Alo." As he could remember did not know this mans face and, seeing that he had boxes with him, Leo thought the young man to be checking in.

"Are you looking to check in for a stay?" Leo asked as he approached the desk.  The young man was looking for something, perhaps now he found it. Leo could help out.
Leo
Leo

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:12 am

Speedy was happy someone cam t the desk.  He made sure the black dress boxes was sittin on the desk good so he could get the note.  "No, well, I mean, yeah.  Well, I don know that yet.  At the moment I need t deliver these boxes from Fabrications by Design to a chica named ..."  He looked at the note t try an say the name.  He said it phonetically. "Da'Ryanna Ayebarra.  You know who she is?"  He had hope.

He slid the note back on t the boxes and looked at the guy.  "I'm sposed t take these boxes t her room an either give em t her direct or put em in her room so they be locked safely inside.  That way no one can be stealin em or nothin."  Those had been the orders he'd been given, and he wanted t get paid.  So he was gunna follow his orders.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 am

He had thought that the boxes on the desk looked familiar, and Leo nodded when hearing what the young man had to say. He knew of this order, of course, as he had been there when  it was placed those nights ago. True, this could be a different order, but the boxes did their job of saying what it was they held.  Now he knew who the items were for.

"Señora Aybara is not available at this time, you see." Leo said.  He scratched at his chin and came close to leaning on the desk. "This causes a problem for you.  For you see, since she is not here, I can not open the door and let you enter. It is not right for a man to enter into the room of a lady without being invited. What are people to think?"

"You can not give them direct either as she is not here."  Leo gave the man a sympathetic smile with a shake of his head and shrug of his shoulders. "Do not know when she will return, so you can choose to keep the items until such a time, or you can give them to me." Leo placed his right hand over his heart.  "You packages would be safe with me, I assure you."
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:18 am

Speedy moved his lips to the side while he though 'bout what the dude had said.  "Well, no 'fence or nothin, but I don know you. An somethin tells me that mo than just my job's on the line here. Ya know?"  But then again, he didn 'xactly wanna hang on t the stuff neither.

After another like minute or so, he had an idea.  "Yo, I got it.  This is like genius or somethin.  So what if we like got a maid or housekeepin or something, another chica.  An like, I go wit her t the door, an then wait outside in the hall while she puts the boxes inside.  I wouldn't be goin in, but I'd see that they was in there, an be able t tell my boss that they was put in like on the table or whatever.  Does that work?"  Speedy thought himself brilliant for that thought.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 pm

It was a fair thought.  He did not know Leo, and Leo did not know him, and he did not feel like telling him of the reason why he could trust him with the packages. Besides, even a person who worked for a place could be capable of stealing items. So Leo gave a simple shrug of his shoulders and looked around where they were. "Yes. Yes. You could do that," Leo replied. "Maybe, it is, that you can leave your name so that Señora Aybara will know who to thank for entering in her room and leaving such a gift."

Leo picked up the bell, that Speedy had been looking for earlier, and placed it in front of the young man, tapping his finger on the side of the silver.  "Perhaps this will help to bring that bit of assistance you are needing?" He said.  After a momentary pause Leo continued.  "Perhaps you could give me your name? If you are a delivery boy, and do not mind making more coin, maybe I could use your services at a time."  He extended to him his right hand.  "I am Leo."
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 am

Speedy smiled when Leo'd agreed wit him.  He was kinda proud a himself fo that idea.  So he reached up an dinged the bell.  "I don think I'm sposed t leave my name wit the box.  But I can tell ya that I'm Speedy."  He smiled an shook Leo's hand.  "I kinda don know what I'm gunna be doin yet.  I was just hired by this guy t pick up an deliver this stuff.  I dunno if he's gunna wanna keep me t himself or what.  But if I'm available an ya need me, ain't nothin wrong wit makin a lil more coin."  He was smilin while he talked wit Leo.

While they waited fo some help t answer the bell, Speedy looked down at Gonz.  He smiled again when he saw that his pup was right where he was sposed t be, layin b'side him bein a good boy.  "An this be Gonz.  He's my pup.  I don go nowheres witout him."  He was still smilin when he looked back at Leo.  "Thanks fo the help Leo.  I'da hated t be standin here fo'eva waitin on some help."  He laughed softly.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Telguest Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:35 am

•●• Henriika •●•

...In one of the common rooms near the front desk, Henriika was cleaning tables and dusting furniture.  Not that there was a lot of cleaning to do.  The Inn was so quiet these days.  So when the ding of the bell was heard, it brought a smile to the Finnish woman's features. Pale hair swished about her shoulders as the young woman turned her head towards the doorway.  Her simple purple dress brushed against the table when she turned her body in an attempt to get a better look.

...Placing her cleaning supplies in the cabinet she wiped her hands on her apron as she made her way to the desk. She looked like she belonged in an episode of an old Earth show called 'Leave it to Beaver' as she was dressed in the same style dress and shoes as the mother wore.  Her voice was soft and melodic as she addressed the gentlemen at the desk.  "Yes, may I help you gentlemen?"  She spoke without a hint of her ancestral accent as she had never actually been to Finland.  Her Great Grandparents came to Rhy'Din when they were in their 20's, long before Henriika was even thought of.

Telguest

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Leo smiled at this man Speedy and reached around to the messenger bag he was wearing. Opening the top, Leo reached in and pulled out a business card. What type of man would he be if he did not have some way of identifying himself and the business where he worked? It was a simple white business card embossed with a needle and spool of thread. The card was addressed: Eleuterio “Leo” Mînguez, Director of Operations.  At the bottom left it named the “shop ‘Fabrications by Design’, and on the bottom right was the address where the shop could be found in the Marketplace.

He was in the act of offering it Speedy when the young lady came out from one of the rooms. Leo tipped his head to her and flashed a smile.  “Hello, señorita,” he said smoothly.  Leo held the card out to Speedy.  “Here’s my card. Look for me there, or here if you need something. I am sure we could work something out.” He did not mind pets.  If the dog came - as he was sure it would - it would not be a problem.

Now he could address the question of the lady. “I am actually on my way out, though this gentleman is in need of your assistance.” It was good to know that someone was here to lend a hand.  They were always getting new help around this place.  Opportunities for people were always around.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Speedy reached for the card when the chica came int the area.  He smiled at her as Leo was talkin t her.  Then he looked back at Leo.  "Gracias señor Leo. I'll let ya know what's up when I find out. Things is kinda up in the air right now."  He took the card an smiled politely. "Thanks for the help.  Hope you has a nice night." He really would let the dude know if he was able t work for him too or what not.

Then looked back at the chica who'd come t help cause Leo was leavin.  "I hope you can help me.  I need t deliver this boxes an I can't do it without someone."  He tipped his head t'ward the boxes so she'd know what he was talkin bout.  "They need t go t a certain room.  An since the lady who's room it is ain't home, I can't give em t her.  But, I can't leave em in her room either, cause it ain't proper for me t enter a lady's room when she ain't home.  So can you go wit me t the room and set em inside for me so I can tell my boss they was put in the room an locked away safe so she could get em when she got home?"  He raised both eyebrows as he was hopin that the chica was willin t help him out.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Telguest Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:25 pm

•●• Henriika •●•

...Henriika smiled at both the gentlemen.
"Hello." She listened to their exchange.  They seemed to be discussing business for a moment.  So she was going to allow them to finish. 

...When the older of the two gentlemen next spoke to her she smiled and listened.  "Yes, of course.  I'll do what I can.  Thank you.  Enjoy your evening."  She nodded to him with a smile.  She couldn't help but think that her sister would find the gentleman quite attractive.  But her thoughts of that went no further.

...When the other gentleman spoke of what he needed from her, her smile never wavered.  In fact, it only brightened with the news that his needs were something she could easily meet. "Certainly, if you will please bring your packages and follow me? To whom are these packages to be delivered?" She waved her arm in the direction they were to go.

...Once he told her the name of the recipient (presuming he did so upon request) she led him to the room he needed.  Once there she pulled a large ring of keys from her apron pocket and began to shift through them. "Ahh, here we are."  She opened the door and then turned to take the packages from him.

...Taking the packages, she stepped into the room and placed them carefully upon a table just inside the room.  This way they would be able to be seen when Miss Aybara arrived.  Then she stepped back out of the room and closed the door.  She had left it open while she was inside so he could see that they were placed carefully upon the table. 

...She made sure the door was locked before addressing the gentleman again. "There we are, delivered safe and sound.  May I pet your dog?" She looked down at the dog standing beside him.  She had a big smile.  She loved dogs, she was trying to get her girlfriend to agree to them getting one.

Telguest

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:11 am

Speedy did tell the chica where they was supposed t go.  Well, who's room anyways.  An he followed her carryin the boxes.  He kinda looked around as they walked.  This place was kinda nice.

When they got t the room, he handed her the boxes.  He watched her step in the room and put em down.  Gonz was at his side like was was sposed t be.  When she came back out the room he smiled at her.  "Thanks.  My boss should be cool wit that."

He was gunna walk away, but she asked him if she could pet Gonz.  "Yeah, sure."  He stepped back so she could pet him witout bumpin int him.  Gonz licked her, her face if it got too close. 

When she was done Speedy smiled at her again.  He pulled out some silver coins that he'd gotten as change earlier.  He gave em t her for her helpin him.  "Thanks again for all your help.  See you around."  He slapped his hand against his thigh for Gonz t follow him an he turned around t leave.

He left the Inn and scratched his head.  He din't know what t do next.  So he headed back t Kyra's place.  He figured he'd see if she wanted t chill or anythin.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down