Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Open the door!!! {Open!}

4 posters

Go down

Open the door!!! {Open!} Empty Open the door!!! {Open!}

Post by Calanon Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:34 pm

“Help! Help, somebody, anybody, help me! Oof!” The words were followed by a lot of huffing, puffing and grunting being done by the young, courageous (And currently over-dramatic) elf Aylan Calanon as he put forth effort to opening the door to Armandeus’ room. Apparently it was locked or he wouldn’t be having this trouble.

“Must... get.. inside!” His green hair was frazzled, and getting more so, as he tugged and shook the door knob. “Open! Open up door! Ooooopen!” Ratta-tap tap-tap tappity-tap-tap, he drummed out the rhythm on the door with his knuckles before he stepped back and huffed.

He was getting frustrated. Anyone may think that he had been trying to get the door open for hours. This wasn’t true. The young elf had been at the door not even five minutes yet and had started this ruckus when he turned the knob and nothing happened.

Aylan hadn’t seen his older brother in, well, he couldn’t remember how long. Perhaps it had been since they had the argument about going back home, Armandeus had seemed rather upset, and Aylan, too, had stormed off saying he was going to do it by himself. No matter the circumstance, it had been a while and, rumor around the Inn and from the people who brought the fresh foods, had it that the Master Cook was dead! Some said dead, others said he was wallowing, and even this one girl said that she heard that some crazy wolf had ripped out Armandeus’ heart and was feeding off his corpse! Granted, if the last were happening it may have been audibly noticeable, but this was Rhy’din.

Armandeus must be saved!

“Brother! Don’t give in brother!” Aylan began bashing upon the door once more with his fist and rested his forehead against the wood. “That’s not how you eat elf!” Don’t ask. Don’t tell, that was his plea incase he was ever asked.

Picking his head off the door Aylan grabbed the door knob with both hands and pushed and pulled and kicked at the wood with his foot. “Open the DOOR! For the love of ERU someone help! I must get in!”

And so Aylan would continue, pulling and screaming at the door until something happened.

Calanon
Calanon

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Open the door!!! {Open!} Empty Re: Open the door!!! {Open!}

Post by Elessar Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 pm

What in Eru's name was that ruckus coming from the hallway? Elessar paused with his featherless quill hovering above the ink pot as he blinked at the closed bedroom door. As he often did during the quite hours of the day, Elessar had been writing, or about to, when all the commotion broke out!

Well, this was interesting to say the least yet the blonde Elf made no move to get get up and open the door! Considering all that had happened the last time he opened it to find someone unexpected on the other side, could one really blame him?

While muffled through the door and the magical barrier behind it, Elessar's keen ears caught the word 'brother' amongst the banging, kicking, crashing ruckus that was going on and it was curiosity that finally propelled him into action. Capping the ink, he laid his pen aside and stood before heading for the door.

"I'm coming! I'm coming- quit all the yelling!" Ironic that he had raised his voice even as he flung the door open. . .And stared, eyes wide in surprise. "Eleniel?"
Elessar
Elessar

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Benevolence Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 am

Open the door!!! {Open!} Benevolencescrown

It would seem that the young elf was not the only one seeking his kin at that time. Benevolence had still not heard word from his own 'brother' in quite some time. And he was getting dreadfully tired of trying to cover for him week after week when they were supposed to report home.

His last trace of the one he sought had been at this Inn. And given that the Inn was a public place, and there was no sign of that hostile She-wolf at present time, Nevol figured that it was a good time to have a look around. After all, what could it hurt?

Once he was inside he caught the faintest whiff of a scent. The scent marked a visit from one long gone from this place. But he would know the scent anywhere, so he chose to follow it. After all, if he couldn't find his 'brother', than perhaps he could find what it was they were there to find in the first place.

Slow steps led him toward the location that was the epicenter of the scent. There was no sound from his denim trousers as his boots silently carried him across the floor. His black T-Shirt clung to his muscular chest as he inhaled deeply to track the scent. The button down shirt he wore over it remained still as it was tucked into his jeans.

When he was nearly to his destination, a clatter of sounds paused his progress. He closed the distance by only a few more steps. That was all that was needed to see what the source of the ruckus was. Leaning against the wall he observed the green haired elf with a hint of amusement. the young man was trying so desperately to get in. And oddly enough, the scent that Nevol had been tracking came from that very vicinity.

He watched the struggle and listened to the words spoken. He pondered for a brief moment if he should assist the young one in his quest. But he deemed that it was far more amusing to stand by and watch. Then a comment was made by the elf that piqued Nevol's curiosity. Between the last comment made by the young elf and the door opening Nevol posed a question. "Than how do you eat elf?"

Benevolence
Benevolence

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Alyan had just taken his hands off of the door and was preparing to go into a wild kicking and knocking frenzy when the door opened. Now, is elf didn't see that right away, in fact, he didn't notice it until he had almost wailed on the one that answered the door. The elf literally froze his pose, so Elessar would two fist and a raised leg all prepared to strike.

But wait! Who was this? How did he know his sisters name?! They were twins , so he wasn't too taken back by the mistake, it just meant that he was a looker! Aylan was secure enough in his masculinity not to be affected by being called a girl.

Aylan quickly dropped his pose and stood perfectly straight; he stared hard at the other elf for all of a few moments as he was trying to process this new information. He certainly didn't look like a wolf, but perhaps he had better make sure. "You're not a wolf," Alyan plainly stated in a dry, almost disappointed, tone. "Why are you not a wolf?"

It would have been so much more interesting if the wolf that was suppose to have been eating Armandeus had come to the door, maw covered in blood and salivating at the chance to have another meal. Aylan would not have known what he would have done - try to charm him, maybe - but now all his wild fantasies what were centered around the wolf theme were dashed. The pains of an imagination.

At the question, presented by the other man, Aylan made a swift turn on his heels and folded his hands together, even tacked on a smile, as he looked at Nevol. "Might I suggest the ears? Seared and basted in a creamy butter sauce they - hey!" Aylan shook himself and scrubbed his face with his hand. "Why am I telling you! Both of you!"

Aylan pointed between the two different men. "You're in this together, aren't you? I knew it! You won't stop me from getting to my brother"

Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:12 am

Whoa! Elessar hadn't been prepared to be wailed on upon opening the door, though perhaps he should have been, and leaned back out of the range of the fists that were prepared to strike!

Sweet holy Eru- this was Eleniel's twin! Elessar could see his mistake when the younger Elf dropped his attack pose and stood straight; the resemblance was truly uncanny yet the physical differences were undeniable. Still, Elessar found himself openly staring even as Alyan was staring him down! It was perhaps rude, to ogle the way he was, but twin births were such a rare occurrence within the Elven community of Genesis that Elessar couldn't help himself. One could only imagine what would happen if he saw the two of them together!

As for the unspoken question of how Elessar knew Eleniel, if Alyan wasn't asking he wasn't going to offer any details! Though considering the next question. . .
Why wasn't he a wolf? Elessar blinked owlishly at the younger Elf for a moment before slowly replying "I didn't know I was supposed to be a wolf. ." Why was he looking for a wolf in the first place? "I don't believe there are any wolves around here." At least there were none he knew about! Poor Alyan, Elessar had gone and dashed all his hopes without even realizing it!

And who was this? The other man had gone largely unnoticed save for being seen out of the corner of Elessar's eye until he had asked about eating elves! All at once Elessar's attention had shifted from the Elf in front of him to give the man a disbelieving look! What in the seven hells was wrong with the people of Rhy'Din that they wanted to eat Elves!? First he'd heard it from Rodry all that time ago and now from this guy! It was a curiosity that made Elessar caught between wanting to cry and laughing hysterically. "Hey!" Exclaimed aimed towards Alyan's suggesting of eating elf ears! "I don't know if you want your ears eaten or not but I'd rather pass on the experience!"

"Whoa there, you're the one who brought him with you!" Good Eru, this was one of the reasons Elessar had never spent time around the young- they had the ability to make his head spin!! A look was given towards the strange guy before focused back on Alyan again. "You're looking for Armandeus?"
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Benevolence Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:11 am

It only required a slight shift of weight and the nudge of an arm to push Benevolence away from the wall to stand properly erect once again. Ankles uncrossed as his body righted from it's previous tilt and slow steps were taken towards the pair of ... Elves? Nevol had not been around the unwashed masses of this world enough to have been made aware of the presence of actual elves. But why not? After all, was he not himself undead proof of the existence of what Earthlings referred to as 'Mythical Beings'?

The distance was closed to within three feet of the pair, not wanting to invade their personal space and all that. "The ears hmm?" He couldn't help the grin that played at the corners of his lips. "Forgive me, I come with no one. I was simply about the Inn searching for my 'brother'." There was a implication behind the word brother that a keen ear would pic up on. The implication being that while the one Nevol had been searching for was referred to as brother, they were not actually of a biological relation.

Hands moved to clasp to each other behind his back as he stood with perfect posture and a hint of arrogance. "It was while searching for my 'brother' that I happened upon the faintest hint of our 'mother's' scent. I believe she has been within these walls recently. I was simply trying to follow her scent when I happened upon this young man throwing a rather proficient temper tantrum at your door." He smiled and gave the slightest nod of his head to the green haired one.

He turned his attentions fully to the one who had answered the door. "It seems to have been my lucky day as her scent comes to an end here, within this hallway. And there's even a hint of the scent from within your very room dear sir. Though, it seems different somehow, within your room that is. Almost as though she was perhaps not herself, another form of being perhaps." Nevol couldn't tell what exactly the difference was with the scent. It was too faded for that. But it was somehow different within the room. Noticed only when he had come closer to the now open door.

Another slight bow of his head was offered before he continued. "Forgive me the personal question, but have you occupied this room long? Because I believe that she was either a former resident of these chambers or perhaps it is that she was here to visit you." A slight change in the muscles around his eyes would go unnoticed unless the elves were looking him in the eye. Hopefully, they were educated enough to know better. After all, it wasn't that Nevol was trying to bespell them, yet, but accidents did happen. And were he to bespell them, he would be able to call for them again at any time in the future and they would be subconsciously compelled to answer his call, even against their own will.

A thought occurred to Nevol as he stood there. He had been so utterly rude. What his 'mother' would think of him had she been there to witness his forgetfulness.
The right hand was slowly extended towards the elf who had answered the door first. A slight lean towards the man to help bridge the gap that had been left between them, one leg forward for balance. "I'm sorry, my name is Benevolence, you may call me Nevol. And I believe you know my 'mother'."

Benevolence
Benevolence

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 pm

He was never going to get use to some of the things here in this....whatever this place was that Armandeus had escaped to years ago. Things were so confusing and the people didn’t make a lot of sense. The only one he found that spoke a language he could understand was Mary, everyone else tended to look at him with wide-eyed blank stares.

“Is your mother the wolf?” Aylan asked Nevol. He furrowed his brows and scratched his chin as he gave this man an evaluating look. He crossed his arms across his chest and sighed. Shrugging he continued to talk. “Or your brother? You? Anyone?” Aylan motioned between Elessar and Nevol.

He closed his eyes for a moment and pressed two fingers on his forehead between the eyes. Aylan muttered under his breath. “You plan for a wolf, spend all this energy scripting out a wolf and what you’re going to do, and then no one is a wolf. They’re not even trying to be a wolf.” In a dramatic sigh he threw his hands in the air and then leaned against the door and scratched his head.

“Well then, first thing first, um,” he pointed to Nevol, “I highly doubt that I know your mother unless, of course, this place is a lot odder than it appears and she’s, ah....wow.” Aylan huffed a laugh and shook his head. Clearly he was lost in his own thoughts for a moment, and Eru only knew what those could be. “Yes. Yes I doubt I know your mother.”

Cue the few second awkward moment, one that Aylan will not admit existed.

He didn’t know the name of the Elf in the doorway so he could only address him with a smile. Aylan stood up straight and boldly pronounced, “Now that we have all that out of the way, I need to get in and get Armandeus - yes, that is who I’m here for - so I can take him back to Genesis where we will, most gallantly, crush our enemies and free our sister!” He paused. “And the others in captivity as well.” Could not forget about the others.

Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Sadly for Aylan, it was Elessar's experience that some of the oddness and confusing things of Rhy'Din never fully made sense, even years down the line.

Unfortunately at the moment the most confusing thing seemed to be Aylan himself, as far as Elessar was concerned. Had the young elf not heard his words that there were no wolves to be found at the inn? The continued questioning and subsequent mutterings left Elessar shaking his head in wonder at the tenacity of the youth.

"Your mother is Venis." Stated to Nevol as Elessar cast a fast glance in the man's direction before settling his gaze on a spot on the wall near him. Given the clues it had been a logical hunch; Aside from that halfbreed that occupied a room on the hall below Venis was the only vampire Elessar could claim having any 'recent' contact with. "It has been near a year since I have seen her last. I could not begin to tell you of where she may be now." As for wisely avoiding direct eye contact with Nevol, well, let's just say Elessar was fully aware of any fiendish and possibly 'accidental' tricks that could be directed at him.

Gallantly crush their enemies? Elessar whipped around to fix Aylan with a wide disbelieving stare as he bit back the first few things that popped into his head. "Have you lost leave of your senses? Two alone cannot take on the entire army! It is madness!" Okay, so maybe he didn't bite it back far enough but this was absurd! Elessar sighed and brought a hand up to scrub at his eyes. Getting frustrated would do no good; Aylan seemed determined to go and in a way it was exactly what Elessar wanted.

Ever since Armandeus had drove that dagger into his chest Elessar had thought and plotted of taking the other Elf back to their homeland in search of help. While the great armies of the past no longer existed surely there was someone there who could help with the encroaching, weighing madness that was slowly devouring Armandeus' soul! Pulling his hand away from his face Elessar fixed Aylan with a pointed look, "I am coming with you."

Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Benevolence Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 am

It brought quite the smile to Nevol's face when the green haired elf asked if his mother was the wolf. "My mother may very well be the wolf." And when the young man continued his line of questioning by asking if his brother or even he himself were the wolf, a slow shaking of the head from left to right was the only response. Nevol and his brother had not inherited their mother's ability to shape shift. Though, some of his nearly one hundred other brothers had.

The young man's ranting about planning to deal with a wolf amused Nevol. He grinned slightly, though it was enough to reach his eyes. He waited for the young elf to finish his little tirade about wolves before reaching his hand out to him. "Forgive my manners, I am Nevol. I'm sorry that you don't know my mother. She is quite magnificent." Just because the first elf had not shaken his hand did not mean that the younger one would not.

The man in the doorway spoke and drew Nevol's attention back to him. "She is. Though I would ask you to use caution when speaking her name. I would hate for her to be summoned unexpectedly." The elf was aware that he need only call upon her to bring her forth, was he not? "It would ruin my surprise for her." Though well schooled in hiding his emotions, a hint of his dark intent did flash across his face for but a moment.

Nevol gave an overly dramatic sigh upon hearing the rest of the elf's news. "More's the pity. Though, I must say, for me to have picked up even so much as a hint of her scent after so long, she had to have been using some very powerful magics indeed." Which would explain why her scent seemed slightly different when he had gotten closer to the room. She had to have done something to herself, or something similar, in or around that room.

Nevol let the young green haired elf steer the conversation back to his own intended purpose. They spoke of a return home and a battle against an army to free prisoners. None of which was any of his business, but it would have been rude for him to interrupt. Once they were done speaking, for a moment at least, Nevol spoke again. "Well, I thank you both for your hospitality and the information you shared. You have been most helpful." Addressing the elf in the doorway of course.

He looked back at the green haired elf with a smile. "Perhaps you would be able to find some warriors to help you in your quest. I'm sure that there are beings around Rhy'Din who would be more than willing to aid you in your quest." He knew of some beings himself who always seemed to love helping others oh so selflessly. "And as for your suggestion of starting with the ears, I will take it under advisement. Though, I prefer the warm liquid centers." His wicked grin showed the slightest hint of fang.

With a slight bow to each of them in turn he said his goodbye's. "'Twas truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance young sir's." Not having names by which to address them. "May your swords swing true and your shields hold fast. Safe journey and fare the well." It had been a long time since he had uttered the words that he and his brothers used to speak before each battle that their mother sent them into. Then he turned on the heels of his boots and began to depart. He moved slowly enough that if either of them wished to speak he would hear them and be able to act accordingly.

Benevolence
Benevolence

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm

"Wait a minute!" Alyan nearly shouted to Nevol and pointed a finger in his direction. "Are you suggesting that I go door to door, asking people for help? The last time I did that a woman opened the door and I dare say I was the one in need of help from the help she was trying to give me!" The young elf shivered and brushed his hair back with his hands.. Maybe Nevol liked that type of help, but Alyan hadn't been prepared!

During various excursions to find his brother he tried randomly calling out for help but people tended to see him as a beggar. It got him his share of food, and a bit of room and board, but it never got him an army. He rubbed his chin and scratched his head. “Well, I suppose, maybe I need to shout out that I’m looking for an army and perhaps then I would get a desired result. Or I’d get myself killed, that’s always an unwanted possibility.” Alyan mused with a shrug of his shoulders and a dramatic sigh. Didn’t want to loose his life before he even got his brother out of the room now, did he?

But wait? While he may have to find some sort of advertisement to gain his band of merry men he has two, right here, that could help him get his brother.

“I know, Nevol, that you must go on in seeking your brother - and possibly your mother, I wouldn’t want to keep you from that - perhaps I can impose on you to help us drag my brother out of his room?”

Elessar was on board, said that he was coming, but if Alyan knew his brother - and he had gotten a fairly good idea since coming here - he didn’t think he would be as enthused. “He’s likely to fight like a tiger instead of going back.”

Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm

If Venis should appear simply from Elessar speaking her name he was sorry to say that Alyan would be on his own. While Elessar may have owed a debt of gratitude, or at least thanks, for saving Armandeus' life he wasn't overly thrilled with the possibility of seeing the woman again. There was just something about a vampire Goddess offering protection that wasn't wanted that rubbed Elessar the wrong way. It was nothing personal against Venis herself, she simply reminded the elf of a time in his past he'd long forgotten.

Nevol was leaving, but what was this? Alyan was seriously taking advice on how to raise an army from this guy? While taking others through the portal hadn't, at least to Elessar's knowledge, been attempted he was nipping this plan in the bud before it could possibly happen! Trying to sneak in a stubborn, elemental-welding elf prone to visions as well as a younger overly-dramatic elf was going to prove complicated enough- Elessar didn't need a strange army of Rhy'Dinians as added into the mix! "Only those born on Genesis can pass through the portal." While Alyan seemed set on his grand scheming plan of overthrowing the prison Elessar still held onto the feeling that once they made it onto Genesis the plan would go out the window. "I am afraid we will not be able to take anyone else with us." Elessar looked serious, hopefully Alyan would believe him!

Fight like a tiger? Clearly Alyan hadn't seen his brother in action- the last time Elessar had so much as mentioned returning to Genesis he'd nearly been barbequed by Armandeus' new found ability to control lightening bolts! Despite nearly being flayed alive Elessar had been impressed by the level of control Armandeus could weld his elemental powers, it seemed a year of solitude had it's upside after all. Still. . Elessar snorted softly and shook his head at Alyan, "I hope you like barbeque. It may take more than the three of us to get him out of the room." If there were others out there who would be willing to travel to another realm and fight for people they didn't even know then perhaps they would come to the aide of removing one stubborn elf from his bed?
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Tue May 28, 2013 9:08 pm

What in Eru's name was with all the shouting? Had Elessar gone and left the television on again? Purple eyes opened slowly only to close a second later under the onslaught of bright light coming from Elessar's desk lamp. Groaning, a hand was brought up to shield his eyes as Armandeus made a second attempt at seeing. The world was better seen through the spaces between his fingers though with the shouting that had woken him Armandeus was surprised to find the television off. What was going on?

There were voices coming from the direction of the hall and while he couldn't quite make out what was being said it was obvious that Elessar's voice was among them. Slipping quietly out of his bed Armandeus made his way across the room, his bare feet making no sound on the floor as he went. Ah, he'd been right- Elessar was standing right outside the doorway talking to. . his brother?

Moving quickly Armandeus slipped up behind Elessar right on time to hear his comments about barbequing and the possible removal of Armandeus from the room. So this was the way he wanted to play, eh? Well if he wanted barbeque then he'd surely get it! The familiar spread of warmth filled his fingers and moved towards his palm as Armandeus reached out with the intent of resting his hand on Elessar's shoulder. "I have told you before, I am not going back to Genesis."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Benevolence Thu May 30, 2013 5:24 am

It would seem that the young elf was not the least bit bothered by Nevol's comment about sucking the juicy centers out of the elves. In fact, neither of the elves he had been speaking to seemed to be bothered by it. Curious.

Regardless, the young green haired one asked him to wait a minute, so he paused and pivoted upon the heel of his boot in an about face. The movement was smooth in its execution, not at all choppy in the way of a military person. (Even if he was trained in a military fashion.)

The young elves words made him chuckle. "I do not suggest a door to door search, simply going to a location where an army could be acquired." He heard what the other elf said and gave a look of apology. "Terribly sorry to hear that. It would be tough for only two or three of you to do what this young one wants an army to do. For if an army is necessary, than perhaps the smaller group would be unable to accomplish such a task." Hopefully that made sense. He was, after all, remembering his time in his 'mother's army. When she would send a small party into an area where she should have sent many, the tasks were harder to complete.

The elder of the two elves might have been pleased to know that the tone in which he had spoken her name would not necessarily summon her. But a different tone, one of duress or panic, some type of strong emotion, those were the things in a person's voice that could summon her. But he had not spoken his concerns out loud. So Nevol would not know to reassure him of such things.

Nevol gave a slight scratch to his temple in response to the question of him helping to get the other man out of the room. "Anything I can do to assist." Though, he suspected that it would not be much given he would need permission to enter the room first.

From Nevol's viewpoint, he did not necessarily see the other elf so much as hear his pulse and breathing change. He knew the other had woken and had slowly began to make movements towards the room. "Perhaps it would not be as hard as you believe." Of course, he had no idea that the elf was coming up behind the elf in the doorway until he had moved close enough to see him reaching a hand to the shoulder of the other. "Look out." Spoken with a slight urgency that only stemmed from the male's words as he was reaching for the other.

Benevolence
Benevolence

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 am

Oh, make no mistake about it, Alyan hear what Nevol had said about eating but, instead of choosing to comment on it, he tried hard it dismiss it. When he entertains a thought, this elf entertains a thought and the last thing he needed was to have unbridled paranoia around this guy - who may help them - and think that he was going to be eaten!

Aylan scrunched up his brow and shook his head in disbelief. Taking a step back he pointed to Elessar. “Don’t lie to me! It’s not true, it isn’t!” He shouted. He then pressed the palm of his hand against his head. “He told me he was trying to find help. That’s what he said!”

A thought occurred to him, what if it wasn’t Elessar who was lying, but it had been Armandeus? What if he had told him to find people to help - or that he was trying to - only to get his hopes up, so that he would gather people only to not be able to take them through? What if he thought that the disappointment of not taking the army, of going back with help, would devastate him to the point where he would give up? That couldn’t be true, why would his brother lie to him? Then again, when Alyan thought about how long he spent tracking down Armandeus only to be thwarted at every turn. How disappointed his sister must be that he hasn’t come to save her by now. He couldn’t let her down. Alyan was not an elf that got angry easily, but the more he thought about this there was a spark that rose up in his belly.

Aylan turned his back to Elessar and looked to Nevol, an almost pleading look in his eyes. “You offered your assistance.. You will help me?”

As his back was turned he didn’t see that Armandeus was coming until Nevol gave a shout. Aylan instinctually ducked and spun around to see what was going and, when he saw the fire in Armandeus’ hand, Aylan shouted out, “Amin feuya ten' lle!” (You disgust me!”) Maybe that would give Elessar time enough to not get burned.. or maybe it would make Armandeus throw fire at him instead. That wouldn’t be so good either.

“You’d rather willingly harm your companion than help me! Just show me the portal and we’ll go through without you. Leave you here to drown in your own thoughts, with our blood on your hands!” Over dramatic? Maybe. It’s was Aylan and, the moment was perfect for dramatics! He would accept his award for Outstanding Role in a Drama, later.

Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Like Alyan, while Elessar had heard what Nevol had said about elves having creamy centers, he chose not to comment on it. Elessar was confident enough in his abilities that he held no fear if Nevol decided to try anything.

While he had just met Alyan it amazed Elessar to think that the hot-headed, loud-mouthed elf before him could possibly be Eleniel's twin. All uncanny physical similarities aside the two seemed as different as night and day to Elessar's eyes. His memories of Eleniel involved no shouting, over-dramatics, or anything he'd seen from Alyan yet! As mind blowing as it was, the difference helped ground Elessar in the reality of things rather than be taken away by a flight of fancy, even if the flight was becoming tempting now that Alyan was shouting. . "I did not lie to you." Elessar was calm in the face of the storm. "If Armandeus said he was trying to find help then I am sure he has his reasons for it." In the beginning Elessar remembered discussing with Armandeus the possibility of asking their friends to aid them on their return to Genesis but the plan had never went further than discussion as far as Elessar knew.

It was something to ponder over another time for Armandeus was up and moving. A year of solitude had affected Elessar as well; in that time he had become attuned to the sounds of Armandeus' breathing as he slept which meant Armandeus wasn't being as sneaky as he thought! Elessar maintained his position facing Alyan until he was certain Armandeus was behind him, and Nevol shouted his warning, before he moved. Sliding forward into the hallway Elessar whirled around and thrust his bracer covered arm in the path of Armandeus' fire engulfed hand. "Daro! Armandeus! Man cerig?" Sweet Valar, how had things spun out of control? Alyan's shouts towards his brother made Elessar cringe and mutter an oath under his breath. It was bad enough to get Armandeus' temper flared up without adding insults to the mix! "Antolle ulua sulrim!" Directed Alyan, "Dolle naa lost!" towards Armandeus before he let out a breath slowly. "Can we not discuss this like rational beings?" Surely there was a reasonable solution to this mess that would put everyone at ease..

(*Daro = Stop;   *
Man cerig? = What are you doing?;  *Antolle ulua sulrim! = Much wind pours from your mouth!;  *Dolle naa lost! = Your head is empty!)
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Benevolence Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 am

It caught Nevol off guard for the young green haired elf to ask him for help.  He had meant for the young one to go to somewhere that he would be able to find an army or a militia or the like.  He knew of one such place, and though one would question the ethical ramifications of sending the young man to such a place and simply volunteering the army that was not his to command, Nevol had no such qualms.  He was, after all, a vampire. 

So if it was assistance that the young one wished for, it was assistance that he would get.  "South from here, a little to the West, you'll find a wall.  It is of stone and stands about seventy-five, eighty feet tall.  Enter those gates and you will find many able bodies willing to assist you.  It is the Keep of a very powerful woman."  Of course, he wasn't going to inform anyone of who the woman was.  Nor was he going to mention that he didn't have the right, or even permission, to volunteer the residents of her Keep for such a task.  Let us just say that if the other elf was correct, and to try to take them through the portal, there would be a lot less beings in the way of Nevol's family and their goal.  When all else fails, send as much of your enemy to their doom as possible.

It was after his telling of where the young one could find an army that the other elf was caught in the act of trying to assault his companion.  What ever could have possessed the man to attack these two was beyond Nevol.  But it was most entertaining.  After all, this had to potential for an all out fight.  Nevol didn't speak Elven, but he was sure that there was some kind of telling the third elf off, or at least griping at him for his lack of sense.  Either way, Nevol was going to enjoy the show.

Benevolence
Benevolence

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Armandeus was stunned; while he had fully anticipated Elessar slipping away before he could touch him the shouted insults had caught him off guard. He disgusted Alyan? What would his brother say if he were to find out he was a disappointment as far as Armandeus was concerned? For a moment Armandeus let rage fill him and allowed himself to entertain the fantasy of throwing a fireball at his mouthy younger brother.

Despite the fleeting satisfaction that would come of going through with it, Armandeus knew he couldn't actually harm his brother. Their relationship was already strained to the breaking point! Mentally shaking himself out of his thoughts the fire-wielding Elf said nothing for a moment as he digested what had been said before speaking slowly, "Your blood was on my hands a long time ago," His sharp violet gaze fixed upon Alyan, "though I can see it matters not what I say for you have already decided not to listen." He paused, his eyes flickering towards Elessar before shifting back to Alyan again. "Elessar has not lied, only those born in Genesis can pass through the portal. If it was not so we would have raised an army years ago and finished it then. If you want someone to blame then blame me instead. You are right; I would rather willingly harm another than meet my fate on Genesis." The admission caused him to pause again as he swallowed past the shock of actually admitting out loud that his brother had been right.

"Despite my cowardice your plan is a fool's errand!" He practically growled, humiliation blending into anger as he continued. "You are truly like our father- he had little patience for sense and a flair of the dramatic! I wish our Mother still lived to see what you have become for perhaps she would be able to talk sense into you! I disgust you? You disgust me! How can you possibly think you can march up to the prison and fight against an army of thousands with only three people?! It is madness!! Do you even know what happens in there, huh? Do you know what she does to our kind? Take a look!" And with that Armandeus reached up and ripped away the black bandana that covered his forehead and threw it at Aylan's feet. His forehead naked, Armandeus leaned in closer to his brother so he could read the unmistakable, horrible scar that spelled out 'Leondias' across his forehead in shaky letters. "Look at it! This is how she marks you as her property. I beg of you to get this through your thick skull: YOU DO NOT STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING!" Armandeus was practically screaming and it took what little control he had left to turn his back on Alyan, his breath coming in ragged gulps. Morgoth's balls! What had gotten into him?!

As he stood there recovering his wits and tongue he looked down, watching as the flames slowly receded back into his skin. It was in him to apologize, to try to smooth over the damage he had just caused but frankly he didn't want to. He could feel a headache coming on; this was the most activity he'd done in months! "Goheno nin." His dark eyes flicked in Elessar's direction. "I'm going to go sit down." With that he was gone, slipping back into the bedroom before anyone could object.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Aylan listened to everything that his brother said. Was he scared?  YES! His brother just tried to burn Elessar a moment ago and despite thinking that Armandeus would not hurt him because he was kin, Alyan wasn’t quite sure if he was right.  It was probably the fear that he was feeling now - and the stubborn determination that he had to get this done - that kept him from running away in the first place!  

Something to think about: if the sister was taken, was Alyan as well? How did he escape to come looking for help?  Questions that no one asked and he never volunteered the information.

He had a goal here - get Armanadeus back to Genesis.  It had been all he had thought about since he left his homeland but now that goal was starting to waver as he was starting to write his brother off as a lost cause.  Alyan wasn’t a strong warrior, that’s why he had been trying to get help to get his brother.  What if he went back on his own.

Alyan shifted from one foot to the other. “I’d rather be a fool, than a coward,” he said.  Alyan couldn’t remember much of their parents, he had been too young, or any memory he had was distorted from other hardships of his youth.  If he sat down and really thought about it then maybe he would be able to drag up something.  

Armandeus took off that bandana and Alyan saw the named scrawled across his brothers forehead. He looked and he frowned hard. Tears were pressing at the back of his eyes and Alyan sniffed and roughly scrubbed at them with the back of his hand. He wasn’t going to waste any more of his tears. “May you be haunted every night by the sound of your baby sister screaming in pain as the very same letters are carved into her head!” He yelled those words at Armandeus’ retreating back.

The young elf threw up his hands and turned his back on the scene. His hands came down and he pressed them hard against his head and pulled at his hair; he let out a scream of frustration and anguish. Alyan would have to go back without Armandeus.  He was tired of trying.  Tired of wasting his time, especially since he didn’t know how much time he had left before the unthinkable happened to his sister.

Alyan was exhausted and felt indefinitely defeated as he started to walk away.  He would go back to the field and search for the portal.  It was time he went back to his sister.

Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 pm

In hindsight Elessar had to wonder if asking for rationality between two estranged brothers was perhaps asking for too much. Things had went, in his opinion, from bad to worse and Elessar didn't have a clue how to fix them. Elessar didn't need the bond to feel the tension radiating off Armandeus like a keg about to blow and had remained where he was with his arm held upright to guard just in case Armandeus decided to attack after all. What would happen if he did attack? Elessar held no magical abilities himself, and unless Alyan or Nevol suddenly displayed some form of water-wielding abilities they were doomed! Images of the aftermath of the time Armandeus had went off the handle and burned down the kitchen flashed past Elessar's eyes along with the realization that all he could do was hope to tackle Armandeus and let himself be burnt while the other two got away.

Thankfully the fire seemed forgotten as Armandeus spoke to his brother, but had Elessar heard that right? He actually admitted he would rather hurt someone than go back? Elessar could feel his jaw drop in shock and scrambled to close it again. Elessar knew, or at least thought he knew, the full story of why Armandeus had vowed never to return but to go to such lengths as to harm someone else?

Why hadn't he been captured? While he had known about Alyan since his appearance, thanks to Armandeus, Elessar had never before considered the logistics of how, or rather why, the younger Elf was in Rhy'Din. Now that he was seeing Alyan with his own eyes the suspicions were rising. Change the eye color, add a touch of height, age him a hundred or so years, tranquilize that mouth and Alyan could pass as a dead ringer for Armandeus! If he could see it then surely the ones who still searched for the portals on Genesis had seen it as well! How could it be that one elf could escape when thousands were trained to hunt down and capture any green-haired elf in sight? It simply did not add up.

It was impossible to pinpoint just how Elessar felt upon hearing just how low Armandeus was willing to go in his desperation to remain in Rhy'Din. In the past year the topic had been broached numerous times but Elessar had honestly never seen this coming. Armandeus had always been adamant in his resolve to not go back but resorting to violence was a whole new ball game and Elessar knew what needed to be done. If Armandeus wouldn't go willingly then there was no point in giving him a choice in the matter.

Putting his plan in motion would have to wait, however, as Armandeus was suddenly yelling and Elessar stared around his still raised arm as Armandeus flung the bandana at Alyan's feet. Holy Eru... Elessar had known what was under the bandana, had seen the scarred letters before, but he still couldn't stifle the strangled sound that rose in his throat at seeing it again. Leondias. The name alone brought a surge of grief and anger to the surface and caused the blonde Elf's stomach to roil.

Having enough, he turned his head and closed his eyes only to be surprised at the burning feel of unshed tears behind the closed lids. Wrapped up in his own thoughts, Elessar barely noticed Armandeus' apology or subsequent departure. It wasn't until Alyan uttered those horrifying words about his sister did Elessar snap back into action, his eyes opening to fix the younger elf with a cold glare that could only be described as murderous. "Daro! How dare you! How dare you say such a horrid thing towards your own brother!? You have no idea of what he has suffered!" Anger was radiating off him and Alyan should count his lucky stars that Elessar resisted the burning urge to go over and take him by the collar! By Eru, how could someone so young be so impossible?! As angry as he felt, Alyan was right, they needed to get Eleniel out of the prison. Elessar watched Alyan's retreating back for a moment before finally calling out, "Meet us at the northern edge of the forest in nine days. I will personally see that you are taken to the portal." Would he come? Elessar didn't know, but now the ball was in Alyan's court. With a sigh he turned and headed back into the bedroom.

[Daro = Stop]
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Benevolence Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:45 am

It was all Nevol could do to stand there and watch the show.  Oh sure, maybe he would have used his faster than human speed to save one of the elves had they been fired upon.  But that was a big maybe. 

Once the two older elves, Elessar and Armandeus if he had caught the names correctly, had gone back into their room, Nevol turned to stroll away.  The younger elf, Aylon was it, happened to be going the same way. 

Seeing an opportunity before him, Nevol took a couple of larger steps to set his pace beside the young elf.  "Come, let me buy you a drink.  It will help you relax and you can fill me in on your dire situation back on Genesis."  All information was good information to have.  Maybe there was a way to work this to his advantage after all.

Benevolence
Benevolence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down