Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Seeing Things In The Snow, Lack Of Sleep, And That Thing Called Life.

4 posters

Go down

Seeing Things In The Snow, Lack Of Sleep, And That Thing Called Life. Empty Seeing Things In The Snow, Lack Of Sleep, And That Thing Called Life.

Post by Kyle Sanderson Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:21 am

The snow was falling, a heavy snow at that one could call it a blizzard. Kyle he called it fun, well most of the time it was called fun, but on this day the reality of his situation that he had currently found himself in was beginning to set in. When did that reality begin to set in? The moment that he leaned up back against that tree hiding, hoping that the snow would camouflage himself enough to give him some time. But flashback to how he had gotten to this point. It all started just like any normal day would begin for him, he woke up. But little did he know what this day would bring to him and what this day would do to him.

Once he had fully woke up as most people knew about him, at least the people who knew him just because he had woken up did not mean he was actually awake, so this took about a good half hour, after finding himself something to eat just a piece of toast he finally looked outside, seeing the heavy snowfall, heavy enough that he could barely see the beginning of the forest that was near his window. But while staring out that window, eating that piece of toast he noticed something. Something that was darker then what he could see of the trees, moving slowly in the woods and it looked….human. A glance away to look to see what time it was and a glance back and that figure it was gone. But what was there, was a feeling in the pit of his stomach. It was a normal feeling for him, something that he had felt before…he needed to go outside, he not only wanted to know what it was that he had seen, but something was telling him he needed to know what it was that he had just seen out there.

So there was only one thing left to do, go out there and find out what the hell that was that he had seen. But first thing was first, he was not about to go out there in his pajamas, any normal day he would just throw a pair of shoes on and a hat and went, but not today…forget the snow that was falling, it was cold! Which meant today it was going to be a pair of thermal pants that were covered in a pair of normal black jeans, a thermal long-sleeved shirt was worn as well with a long sleeved shirt over it. That was then covered up by a black hoodie that he wore as well, topped off with a black beanie that he normally wore anyways and the hood part of his hoodie coming up over his head and he was set.

It was time to head out into the snowfall, it was time to attempt to anyways, on finding who it was that he had seen out there. It took a few minutes, down his normal path out of the inn, and around the corner stopping once to look up to make sure he seen his window. Now that he knew he was in the general area, eyes glanced around the best that they could in all of the snowfall. Glance to the ground, nothing seen, glance around nothing seen, though he could have sworn he heard something near him, which caught his attention. “Just the wind…it has to be, there is no one else out here.” Yea good luck convincing himself on that one. Give the guy credit he was going to at least try to convince himself of that.

His attention distracted by the sound that he thought that he heard, led to a question that was asked to himself and maybe any normal person would have gone the other way, gone back inside. Not him, his entire body turned now and headed towards the direction of the sound he thought that he heard at the same time holding a hand up, having allowed some flames to form as well. Not that those flames would help, but everyone felt safer when by controlled fire, maybe…maybe not. His movements continued taking him deeper into the woods, until finally stopping, something had caught his attention.

“What the….hell…” Spoken out loud to himself as he knelt down in front of what he had found. “What the hell…a footprint…” Another noise which caused his head to shoot around in the opposite direction his own body falling backwards a bit landing himself in the snow, finally beginning to feel that nervousness begin to come over him. “Who…who’s there?” Not that he could actually see anyone, but once more he thought he had heard what was essentially a moan, never once it crossing his mind that the wind was blowing. Pushing himself up now, of course causing the flames within his hand that he had formed to become extinguished his head shook. “That’s…getting closer…” So he did what any normal person would do…he ran…

Back towards the inn, though he came to a stop as he reached the edge of the forest out there, hands coming to rest on his knees as he needed to catch his breath. “God, I’m getting old…” Says the twenty-five year old, that break though coming to an end just as quickly as it started as just behind him he heard the distinct sound of something falling and landing in the snow, startled as he was he quickly headed to the nearest entrance to the inn. Door opened and himself turning to look behind him as he was closing the door, once more just in the tree line seeing what looked like a figure. But door was closed too quickly for him to get a better view, and he was soon leaning against that door, catching his breath.

“I think I’m seeing things…I really need to learn how to sleep again...I really do.” Finally standing he shot a glance around, realizing he was completely soaked from the snow, though he himself was just as warm as he normally was. “I need a drink…I need something.” And so it was off to the bar, slowly at least and without changing out of the soaked clothing he was in. “Kyle, seriously your seeing stuff now, when are you going to realize that you need a life.” Stopping once he reached a window, he turned and looked out that window. “Yea…exactly what I need…a life…” Spoken out loud is a bit of a mocking tone to himself, as though he did not believe a life was something that he was going to be able to find. Shake of his head at the hint of a reflection that he seen and towards the bar he headed once more, finally reaching the doorway to it, allowing himself to see who if anyone was in there. “Well…here’s to that thing called a life, and the hope that it is something that I will find someday.” And a seat at the bar itself was taken, still not exactly sure what he was going to actually drink.
Kyle Sanderson
Kyle Sanderson

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Seeing Things In The Snow, Lack Of Sleep, And That Thing Called Life. Empty Re: Seeing Things In The Snow, Lack Of Sleep, And That Thing Called Life.

Post by Rodry Pol Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Another of the Bar's occupants couldn't be further from Kyle's opposite in appearance.

Rodry was seated at the bar, though his coat was still in place so perhaps he hadn't been there long. The gray coat only a few shades darker than the long woven braid that hung just shy of his shoulderblades. His slacks matched the muted coat, a pair of worn black boots seen as well.

At the sound of someone entering, he turned his head faintly, a few loose strands teasing around his cheekbones. His eyes swept the entrant carefully. Curious apparently. It didn't take much to spot that he had either taken an unexpected dip or been in a snowball fight. He would expect the later considering the only other occupants of the inn he had met had been younger. Certainly in spirit.

"Did you win?"

His voice was deep, as one might expect considering he was a large man, though it seemed that age had left him with the familiar ravages to his build. The fellows approach left Rodry indicating with a nod the seat beside him. Inviting, even if he cleared his throat with a bit of trouble.

"Searching for a life?"

Verbally prompting Kyle to continue on with his toast or perhaps offer an explaination to it's insperation! There was no hiding is curiosity. Though Kyle couldn't blame him, he had after all strode into the bar with quite the declaration!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Seeing Things In The Snow, Lack Of Sleep, And That Thing Called Life. Empty Re: Seeing Things In The Snow, Lack Of Sleep, And That Thing Called Life.

Post by Kyle Sanderson Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Leave it to Kyle to not even remotely realize that there happened to be someone else there in the bar with him as he had come in. Then again to anyone who knew him, that really did not come as much of a surprise at all. Regardless though that bed had been laid by him and now he had to talk. “Did I win? I suppose so, I’m here after all if that means anything.” He would also take the man’s offer and take a seat in a chair, leaving one chair between the two of them, after all he did not want to get that man wet thanks to his clothing.

But before he would take a seat though, he did remove the black hoodie that he had been wearing, draping it over a chair next to him. Once a seat was taken hand moved up to that beanie removing it letting that black messy hair out. Though he probably shouldn’t get used to seeing it one color since it was really only a matter of time before it would be back to being two or three different colors. But for now he had just set the beanie on the bar in front of him and held a hand over it, letting a small amount of heat resonate away from his hand to begin to dry it out.

While he was doing that he glanced over to the man for a moment, having not seen the older gentleman before. “Yea I suppose you could consider it something like that. I’d say it’s more like trying to find one, once again.” Free hand moved over to the beanie to feel if it was dry, and feeling that it was not completely dry, he allowed a bit more heat resonate from his hand, as he turned his attention straight ahead of him. “Just trying to find my way, you know. Just, searching.” Slight nod of his head followed suit as he glanced down at his hand for a moment, before allowing that glance to shift to the man next to him. “Kyle.”
Kyle Sanderson
Kyle Sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Rodry had that knack for being overlooked. Perhaps it was all the gray in his palette?

"As my son might say 'every day above the green, is a good one'."

He shifted on the barstool, enough so that he could rest his side against the bar, though he had pushed the plate he had been picking at to the edge of the bar. Shifting his glass to keep it in easy reach of his free arm.

It wasn't until he had settled that he noticed that warmth, in a room with a well laid fire, having heat come from the 'wrong' side was easily noticed. Which left him cocking a brow. Rodry's strong jaw tightened faintly, though only at the casual way that this fellow used his own ability. Was that the green of envy that colored his gaze, or simply interest?

"Everyone has to find their way, something that we all learn."

The introduction had him nodding firmly, lifting his hand briefly, though not in offer to shake. He plucked up his glass that had some amber colored liquid within, swirling it thoughtfully for a moment, even if he didn't sip just yet.

"From the sound of your words, young man, you 'had' a life, that your reluctant to give up."

And if Kyle had anywhere near the knack of reading people's tones as Rodry was, perhaps he would catch the obvious lack of judgement in his words.

"Rodry Pol."

Which seemed to be his cue to take a sip of whatever he happened to be drinking.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sanderson Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 pm

So his beanie had finally become dry as shown when he finally pulled his hand away from over top the beanie and picked it up, placing it back on his head. His eyes closing for a moment as that heat hit his head. Now that, that was done and out of the way he turned his attention back to Rodry, wonder if he was beginning to realize what most people who knew Kyle eventually learned. He at times had the attention span of a four year old! “It’s not so much reluctant to give up, it more has to do with that fact that well consider it more of still trying to readjust you know.” He turned his attention straight ahead behind the bar for a moment. “Go three years having Aiden and Gavin with me, only to not have them anymore; some days are still tougher than others.”

Boy wasn’t that true, he was also still adjusting to the fact that their mother was around somewhat, now if he could just convince her to let him be able to see them again, or even better let them stay with him once again. But that could be something for a different day and a different time. “I mean don’t get me wrong, I know full well that, it is something that I will never get fully adjusted to guess maybe I underestimated the extent of it, I really don’t know.”

He finally turned his head back to the direction of Rodry “Though I do have to admit, it really is true, all these things that people told me about when their mother was pregnant with them, about how hard parenthood was and stuff they weren’t kidding that the hardest part would be when you could not see them.” Well no crap on that one at least this time he was actually talking about stuff like that…..
Kyle Sanderson
Kyle Sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:22 am

It was understandable, Kyle certainly seemed to have some things on his mind, which made his apparent brain-scattery far more forgivable. Besides, at times everyone had a poor attention span, it was part of the sentient condition.

"Readjusting to a new chapter in ones life, I know such a feeling well Kyle."

Rodry didn't comment on his children, mainly because he didn't give enough of an explaination on who Aiden and Gavin were for him to feel entirely confident on not making some subtle mistake by making a blind assumption. Though it did strike a chord with old Rodry.

"Yes, it is strange is it not? You think that they are entirely dependant upon you, when you have quickly grown dependant upon them as well."

Rodry could still remember when his own children had grown old enough to care for themselves, while he had been full of pride for them there had been some regret in seeing them leave. Even if they had always come 'home' now and again, it wasn't the same as when he had provided.

"How long have you been without your Aiden and Gavin?"

And there came that tickle, one he tried to dampen away with another quick sip of his drink, even if he knew it was pointless. Something that had him slipping free his hankerchief, spreading it in his palm and covering his mouth. Catching that sudden hacking cough a moment before his shoulders were shaking with it.

The fit was blessedly short, even if the wet hacking was far from pleasant in any duration. His fingers crumpled the cloth. Dabbing his lips carefully, even if he was soon speaking again. That deep rasp in his throat tainting his words. The slow tuck of that kerchief back into it's appointed pocket coming with the practice of a long-lived habit.

"Hopefully it won't be long before you get to see them again, hm? You dwell on this as if you fear they will never return to you."

Which made it clear that Rodry assumed that they were old enough that they had moved on with their own life. Unaware that perhaps it had been their mothers choice to take them away from him. That of course was a whole other can of worms.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sanderson Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 am

Words rang straight into his head, listening intently to the man. Especially when he asked how long it had been since he had last seen Aiden and Gavin, which caused him to go into a bit of silence, more so just thinking for the moment. That answer it caused him to take a rather deep breath, it had been longer then even he remembered it being, of course for a lot of that time, days just bled together until they were essentially one big long day. “It has been just about a six months now. I have seen their mother once in that time since she took them and it was a rather short conversation, I guess I just didn’t want to make a big scene in a public place in front of quite a few people.” He allowed his attention to go back straight ahead behind the bar for a moment. “Excuse me please for a moment.”

Was asked as he stood up and headed behind the bar, searching out a glass which he filled with water. Once that was down he came back around to where he had been sitting and took a seat once more. Setting the glass down on the bar, he wrapped a hand around it, beginning the process of warming just the water up within the cup. “I hope to be able to see them again, I hope to be able to have them back again. It really well…sucks when you have them for the first two years of their life and just like that...gone. They turn three this year.” And that glass was brought up to his lips taking a drink of the now hot water. “I mean, I know six months is not that long in the grand scheme of things…but I swear it feels like an eternity.”

Once again that glass was brought to his lips and more hot water was drank once again. “I want them back, hell I need them back. But that requires having to get in contact with their mother which...suffice to say has been much harder than it sounds.” Once again, his gaze went back off to behind the bar once more.
Kyle Sanderson
Kyle Sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:22 am

Unfortunately Rodry could relate, he still sometimes regreted the time lost when he hadn't been spending time with them! Now they were grown and of course had their own lives. Something that wasn't an issue with Kyle it seemed. In a way he envied him, even if he didn't say such. That would be far too untactful for Rodry.

"Six months is a long time for a father to be away from his children. You do well to preserve your lady's honor."

As for being excused, he gave a firm nod, one that meant that Kyle was clearly allowed to do as he pleased. Though ... when he returned with nothing stronger than water, Rodry felt the thin line of his lips quirk faintly. At least this young man seemed on the up and up. Which of course begged the question as to why the mother would take the children away!

"I too raised my Son and Daughter for the first years of their lives. One does not realize how accustomed to them you become, to having them there and to be there for them."

It didn't take someone with any talent to know that the later was no doubt something that bothered Kyle. It seemed that that Kyle was being torn apart. A sad thing to see, especially with such pain and sincerity.

"Six months is a blink of the eye in life, but the smallest lengths of time can be agonizing when you are missing part of yourself... What caused their mother to ... refuse your assistance with them?"

He sipped at his drink as well. Allowing Kyle his time to consider and reflect. He gave him a few minutes if it was needed before he would be speaking up again. Sooner if he seemed receptive.

"Then you will need to try your best to contact her. The mother of your child ... couldn't possibly want her children to grow without knowing their father, could she? I would offer my assistance, however I am ill equiped to be tracking down someone."

He regretted such a fact. In his healthier years, he wouldn't have even hesitated to assist, even in the years during which his illness first manifested he would have been there. One hand shifted to his cane, adjusting himself further to become a tad more comfortable on the barstool.

"Just the fact that you are drinking water rather than something stronger makes it clear that it is not some abuse of alcohol that has brought you here. You seem level headed enough, even if the Pyromancers I have known in my life have been ... an unusual bunch.""

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:05 am

Armandeus was running behind.

Having sent Cocina off to finish delivering the remaining breakfast trays to the inn's patrons the elven cook had temporarily abandoned his kitchen to check the supplies in the storage room. Dishes from the breakfast preparations were stacked high in the sink and the mop and bucket remained sitting in the corner untouched. The only part of the kitchen that could actually be called clean were the countertops but even they had been given a hasty swipe before the elf had went off to the basement. It could be considered a thankful thing then that neither of the men at the bar had taken to investigate in the kitchen for the missing bar tender.

Thankfully checking the supplies did not take long and as he headed back up the steps from the basement the elf's sensitive ears caught the faint sounds of talking from beyond the kitchen. What was this? There were people at the bar, and nobody was tending them? He had to do something about this! Quickening his pace the elf burst through the open doorway into the kitchen, pausing only a moment to remove the stained apron he had wore to cook from overtop his heavy dark blue jeans and deep purple long-sleeved shirt, before heading out behind the bar. Fixing both of the men with an apologetic grin before offering, "I apologize in the delay, it seems I am rather behind in my duties this morning. Can I get either of you anything?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sanderson Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Now there was something that he had heard before. He was right about it as well. Kyle knew that first hand as most of the pyros that he had met in his lifetime were as some people would put it….not all there. Yet in a lot of ways that used to be true about himself there was a time that he really did not care about his own well-being or anyone else’s it was just doing whatever he wanted to do, when he wanted to do it. “Yea, though what can I say, I had to grow up very fast and in a short amount of time. But that is what happens when a person finds out that their life is about to change.” For a brief moment he shot a glance in his direction before looking back straight ahead behind the bar.

Once more that glass of hot water was brought up to his lips allowing himself to take another drink from it. But once that glass was lowered he left it off the bar by an inch or two, and he began to move the glass around, just watching the water as it swung around within the glass. “That was one thing I could not say about myself three – four years ago. If this was then, I’m sure this would have been something strong. But now, I really do not understand what possessed me to drink that stuff. I suppose that all comes with growing up.” Well at least a quiet chuckle left him after that.

Though his attention was diverted from both the water and Rodry when he heard Ar show up behind the bar he nodded his head in his direction. “No thank you, I am pretty sure I am good for the time being. Thank you though.” And with that he turned his attention back onto Rodry.
Kyle Sanderson
Kyle Sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:38 am

Kyle was certainly a refreshing change from those that he had known previously. He could only give a sage nod. Being aged before your time was criminal, though only half as much when you didn't grow up when you needed to. Something that some unfortunately never learned.

"I'm sure your little ones will be proud of you once they are old enough to realize what their father has done for them."

After all, kids did eventually learn of the sacrifices their parents made for them! Giving up alcohol was a big one that they wouldn't understand until they were old enough to imbibe, it was also one that Rodry was all too experienced with.

"Aye, it was a hard thing for me to give up myself ... though, I never had to worry about it catching on fire either. You should try tea sometime, you get that hot water heat, but with just a bit more flavor."

Which might bring up the question of what that amber fluid in his high-ball glass was. Since he had just claimed it wasn't alcohol. Wasn't it just like the 'service staff' to always show up when ones mouth was full? It took him a moment to get the liquid he had sipped from his glass down before he was offering that glass up.

"Just a spot more of the Granny Smith, if you please. Thank you for saving me the hobble."

His free hand lifting his cane just enough to make it visable over the bar. Though he would offer the elf a slight dip of his head. Fingers lifting lightly to his brow, gathering and then spreading as he shifted his palm upwards.

"We haven't yet had the pleasure. Rodry Pol, it's good to meet you Barman."
Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 pm

"I'll be near if you change your mind." Was Armandeus' reply to Kyle saying he didn't need anything at the moment. Now that he was finished in the storage area there was cleaning to do in the kitchen which would ensure the elf wouldn't be far even when he went back in there.

The other man whom he hadn't yet met on the other hand, had ended up getting a split-second look of confusion from the elf before it was covered up by that normal easy going grin of his. For a moment there Armandeus had thought the man had simply wanted an apple - Granny Smith was the name of an apple in this realm, wasn't it? - only to realize that the man had a glass instead of the fruit bowl. Oops. . Bending down he reached deep underneath the bar, feeling around for the book he had stashed under there the last time he had worked the bar.

Ah! There it was! Looking triumphant he straightened back up and dusted off the cover of his favorite book: '1001 Drinks: A Bartenders Guide'. Cracking open the book he began flipping through the pages. "Granny Smith you said?" Lifting his head, he looked towards the man for confirmation. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well Rodney. I am Armandeus but you may call me Ar if you wish."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by RavyneStorm Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Little did he know that she was there. Not anywhere in sight mind you but close enough to over hear everything that was said. Hell it was possible that she was the thing he though he saw outside, but one would never know. She sure as hell wouldn't tell. And she sure wasn't going to give up her hiding spot either. You'd be amazed at the things you'd find out when hiding. Granted she wasn't really the type of person to hide, but it worked for the time being. No she wouldn't make it a habit but it was useful in getting the information she needed. Things hadn't gone so well in there last meeting, though she really didn't stay long enough for the meeting to go any better.

She'd sit there for a few moments longer, to see if anything else was said before she would decide what to do next.

( Beating a dead thread ftw? Short but gets the point out there ... plus rezes the thread a bit? Maybe? )
RavyneStorm
RavyneStorm

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down