Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

After the Errands

2 posters

Go down

After the Errands Empty After the Errands

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon May 03, 2010 8:39 pm

[ This post is open to Xavier, unless he let someone else into her apartment, or someone hijacked a key somehow! Thanks!]

It had been about hour, maybe a hour and a half, before her errands were complete. There wasn't a real reason why X couldn't go with her, she wasn't sneaking out behind his back, but she did have something in the works. That would be best if it could stay a secret until it was ready.

Pulling her blue Equanox into the parking lot outside of her apartment building, she would slip out, lock the doors and into the apartment building. She did hope that Xaviers key worked. She had tested it but that doesn't mean anything. She just hoped it did.

So when she got to the door, she was thankful not to see anyone outside of her door. Nor had she seen Xavier out anywhere else, so here's to hoping that his key worked like it had for her, and she placed her key in the lock and opened the door. Once she got inside of her apartment, she would glance around with her chocolate orbs to find where Xavier happened to be. She even called out, with a playfulness in her voice. "Honey I'm home." She almost asked him where her dinner was, just to mess with, but she refrained.

Last edited by -:|[ Titania ]|:- on Mon May 03, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *blush* Mis spelled the title! =p)
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

After the Errands Empty Re: After the Errands

Post by Xavier Wed May 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Xavier's head would come around the corner, in the direction of the kitchen. "Hey, sweets! Safe trip? And ah...no uncomfortable questions about the ice-maker, I hope." He grinned madly, and pointed to the couch. "Sit, take off your shoes, rest, and wait. Gotta surprise for you." She probably already smelled...something...but she couldn't see into the kitchen, so she would probably be wondering what was going on.

Xavier had, as it turned out, learned to cook long ago. The food at his foster's was too pretentious for him, and the food on the Borderlands was just bad. So, he was cooking his ass off. He didn't feel the need to impress her, but hey, every little bit helps, right?

First up, the appetizer. Pico de gallo, coupled with black-corn tortillas were brought out, along with an ice-cold bottle of Modelo Especial. As he sat the appetizer down in front of her, he smiled. "Please tell me you like Hispanic cuisine. I figured, what with this el Cinco de Mayo thing I've heard so much about today, I'd do this for dinner. Now, sit tight, I'm not done!" He rushed back into the kitchen, still working on the entrιe and keeping a close eye on dessert. Multitasking, gotta love it.

Next up was the filling for the main course. He had worked hard at not allowing the shrimp to scorch, so he was pleased when he took them up and noted their nice, pink color. Slightly seared, which was good as well. Anyway, he poured them into a bowl, along with the pan-fried and spiced chicken, and tossed them in the appropriate spices. With this done, he pulled out the large tortillas, the cheese, and the sauce he had prepared on the advice of the serape-wearing merchant at the grocer. It was, as it turned out, merely a mixture of a ranch dressing and a finely-pureed salsa. Into the tortillas the mixture went, and the scent of cooking food, along with the sizzle of butter on a griddle, could be sensed in the next room.

Finally, the cheese melted, and the quesadillas were done. He plated them with a couple of dipping sauces, some spanish rice, and stepped around the corner to serve her. "Buenos dias, senorita." He winked, chuckling slightly. "Sorry. Should have gotten one of those huge hats and a serape to complete the effect. Anyway, cheese, shrimp, and chicken quesadillas. All for you." He smiled, placing another bottle of Modelo on the table. "Just in case something is too spicy, dear. Now, let me finish dessert...oh, and don't worry, I'll clean everything up."

He ducked back into the kitchen, seeking to finish up dessert. This was another suggestion from the grocer, who, it seemed to Xavier, was happy to have him buying so much food in one trip. At any rate, the dessert was named Pastel Imposible, or Chocoflan. It involved cooking a chocolate cake AND flan. Simultaneously. I was incredibly difficult to accomplish, but his recent talk with his mother had taught him a lesson. Don't allow failure to discourage you from trying. He grinned as he pulled the entire thing from the oven, pouring out the hot water, then jiggling the pan. Finally, with a wince, he pulled out the plate and flipped the pan over. "Light, I hope this works...." He lifted the pan, and there sat the so-called impossible cake. Cake and flan, living together in harmony. There could me some sort of social commentary inserted here, but he was too busy stopping short of strutting because he didn't screw the cake up.

After allowing her time to finish her food, he walked out of the kitchen holding a candelabra in one hand and the cake in the other. Sitting them down on the table, he grinned and bowed. "Be right back." He rushed back into the kitchen, grabbing some steamed milk, sticking a cinnamon stick in each mug, then returning to sit one mug in front of her and seat himself beside her, placing his mug on the table and smiling. "So.....is everything to your liking?"
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Before she could answer about the trip she had, he had tacked on the question about questions on the ice maker, and that had her laughing. Not the nervous sort of laugh but a full laugh that trailed off into the words. "Oh! No...they just figured it was a machine malfunction, and I wasn't about to tell them different." And the fact that none of them had a clue about her probably saved her. Even if she got a strange look from the normal guy, you know the one, that X thought had a crush on her. He might be a bit brighter then the rest. "It was a good trip, thank you." She didn't want him to think she was ignoring him, or the question. She did smell something and a part of her was scared! She would grin to him, as she slipped out of her shoes. "Yes sir. I think I can handle that." She had a smile so he knew that she was still playing. She seemed to be rather playful lately. And she would do as he directed and made her way over to the couch, and slips down to sink into the cushions. That felt good. "Oh! I like surprises!" Well when they were good surprises!

She would not have a clue that he would know how to cook. Really him cooking when he mentioned it, that he might, she was thinking hot dogs, and maybe some chips or something. Not an actual meal that took skill, and time. Not that she would complain, because her nose was surely not smelling hot dogs. Unless he did something really odd, and the sounds from the kitchen area, did not sound as if he was making something so basic.

When he came out with the first course, she glanced, not that she had eaten it before. But she had Mexican food before, so she wasn't afraid of it, and she liked trying new food. She smiled up at him, before he said that this wasn't everything. "I do like mexican food. And don't worry I will try almost anything once." Wow the way she said that last bit, could of been taken in so many ways. Maybe he wouldn't notice. She did sit tight!

And then he was back with the main course, and she was grinning watching him run back and forth. It was actually very touching and endearing. At least she thought it was, and that was what counted right? She could tell he went through a lot of work, and it was not lost on her. And then he was running away again, she almost laughed, not at him but at the whole situation. She was the sort that laughed when she was happy. And did her ears decieve her? He just said he would clean everything up? He might notice when he said that she pinched herself. "Ow." Before grinning at him, "I am awake!" She did not have much experience with guys that cooked and cleaned. She would not ask him if he did something that was going to upset her, because she figured it might of been because they had just confessed thier love to each other.

She really had eaten quite a bit of the food, taking her time savoring the flavors. And in between the appetizers and the main course, was when she would take a few drinks from the liquid he brought out. She had actually went back to grab one of the black tortilla chips when he walked out. He had more. She might of questioned him on that, except for the fact that he had seen her eat, hadn't he? Maybe he would of done better to find one of those salad eaters. Dainty and pick pick pick. Because the girl he got himself saddled with, liked food. There was some left on the plates. So when he came back in with the cake/flan contraption, and the candles and the mugs. She just looked over at him. "Did you already eat?" She had noticed he only brought out the single plates, and she was curious about that. Had he eaten in the kitchen? Because he was to scared of his desert not turning out? These were good questions!

She would turn to look at him, she had heard that the dessert he had made, which she had a time or two, was not the easist dish to make. "So, a man that knows his way around the kitchen." When he asked his other question, she paused in a thoughtful look. "Everything but one thing..." Now she would make him wait a minute or two, just because she liked to torture him a little bit. "All that is not to my liking was no welcome home kiss." A grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Fri May 07, 2010 1:26 am

He smiled, nodding slightly. "I ate earlier. Didn't want to ruin your dinner, or your dessert. I haven't had dessert, however, which leads to the thing which was not to your liking." He chuckled, sliding closer, and kissed her gently. "Welcome home, dear. Now, eat up. Clean your plate and there might just be a massage in your immediate future."

As he chuckled over the last comment he made, he stirred her drink with the cinnamon stick, sliding it over so that it would be easy for her to reach. After that, he picked up a plate, sliced a decent-sized chunk of the cake off, and handed it to her. Once he had done the same for himself, he sat back, scooting a little closer to her and taking a bite. Once he was done chewing, he looked over to her. Nothing was said at first, he simply liked looking at the woman he loved.

Finally, he spoke. "Titania....there's something I've been meaning to ask you. You do not have to agree to it, but I would very much like it if you would. I have to take a trip back to the Borderlands, where I was stationed, and speak with my near-brother. I owe him a great deal of toh....that's a word in an ancient language meaning obligation. Anyway, his name is Maric. I am sure he would love to meet you, and I would like for you to meet him as well. He is an important person to me...he took an arrow for me during a battle, and I carried him to the Aes Sedai healers to get him fixed up. So, if you could take maybe a week or so off from work, I'd like for us to make the trip together. It's hot where they live...it's called the Waste, and it's mostly desert....but I'm sure you have warm-weather clothing. Anyway, you don't have to go, and I'll completely understand if you can't." He paused, taking her hand in his. "I will miss you terribly while I'm gone, and I'll make sure to write everyday." Taking another bite of cake, followed by a swallow of the steamed milk, he waited, eyes on hers. He would be fine with whatever decision she made, of course. He did, after all, love her.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Fri May 07, 2010 7:14 pm

She frowned. "How would you ruin it?" Did he mean he was scared of not cooking it right? Or something else? Because she saw him eat real food. So she was thinking on that, until he said he hadn't had dessert. And that was going to rectify the part she did not like! She smiled before his lips touched hers, and she kissed him back, before getting a twinkle in her eyes. "Now...that makes me want to eat everything." Really the offer of a massage, the last time she had one of those, well it had been a while! "Promises, promises." Grin!

Then she would reach for the drink he had stirred and put closer to her. Taking a nice drink of it, before she reached for the plate of cake he was handing her. "Thank you." Now because he spoke of what she could get if she ate, she would take a bite of the cake. After it was chewed would be when he spoke.

Now that was a lot to take in, but that was usually how he was, fully gun ho. Not that she was complaining right now. Now instead of saying yes or no, she had a question, one that if he answered she did not get that part of it. "When are you planning on making this trip?" Because for her to be able to go she would have to have some sort of notice. She did have hot weather clothing, that was not a issue, besides sometimes it was fun to splurge a bit. And her hand was given a squeeze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sun May 09, 2010 7:18 pm

He smiled at her response, feeling warm inside. "I will plan the trip according to when you can take the time to make it. After all, you didn't have to agree to go, and I want to accommodate you in every way possible. Now then, I believe I mentioned a massage?" He grinned, slipping off the couch and bending to his knees in front of her. Since she had already taken her shoes off, he slipped off her socks, and began to rub her feet. "I know you spend most of your day standing and walking, so it seemed like the logical place to start. Don't worry, I'll work my way up." An even bigger grin sprouted on his features, sea-green eyes sparkling. "That is, of course, unless you would like me to take any detours along my route up?"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun May 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Well, if it was possible, why wouldn't she want to go with him? He did ask her to go with him, and he wanted her to meet the man that was like a brother to him, and she was curious about the man. Not in any way that she shouldn't be curious about though. Nope, poor Xavier was rather stuck with her. "If everything goes well, we can either leave the end of the week, or next week in the middle. Which ever will go over best for you." She had a feeling he wanted to go as soon as possible, and she did not want to hinder his quest, of going to see the other man. If it had been a woman, she might of felt a bit of resistance. She did trust Xavier, but that did not mean she would have to like other females around him, did it? Not that she was going to go off half cocked.

When he moved to his knees before her and started to massage her feet, her eyes closed just a moment, because that felt great. Thankfully she wasn't super ticklish, so she wasn't squirming from the massaging hands. "Oh, I am not worried." A grin. Then he made the comment about if she wanted him to take any detours. "Well, you know if you find something that diverts your attention, I couldn't blame you for any unplanned stops."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down