Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

The Weed Eater (welcome one and all)

2 posters

Go down

The Weed Eater (welcome one and all) Empty The Weed Eater (welcome one and all)

Post by Marcus De Leymon Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

Come on you little bugger!

Angered words spoken as fingers harshly pulled up on the weed's body. But no matter what he did, Marcus was only pulling out little bits a time and not thw whole root. A gruff grunt would be made as body would fall to knees, hands now digging around the weed's base, digging it up completely. Let it never be said that he was not determined. He had been tasked with maintaining the grounds during his stay here at the Inn, so that was exactly what he would be doing. However, today wasn't one of the pleasent days where he was planting and trimming and bringing new life to the grounds. Instead, today was killing day! All of these wretched weeds and stray patches of unwanted grass had to go. So, armed with a and spade and his bare hands, he was tackling the task.

Looks as if he had been at it a while. But why did he have to decide to take the job with the warmer months starting to come into effect? Well, it was most likely the smile that came with the proposal, but that was beside the point. At the moment, he would be wearing a pair of well worn and dirtied loose fitting leather pants. No shirt however. That would have been laid accros one of the fences near by. It was getting hot after all, and he was hard at work. And with one final grunt, that weed, root and all, would be removed from its home.

Ha! Take that!

And as one final victory move, that bit of weed would be thrown blindly behand his back. Damn that nice pile he had built up on the side. That one deserved to be exiled. Of course, that might mean it would hit someone that just so happened to be wandering by. Oh well.....he won!
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

The Weed Eater (welcome one and all) Empty Re: The Weed Eater (welcome one and all)

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:47 pm

"OUCH!" She just had got whapped in the eye with a weed. One bright leaf green eye was closed, and one was looking to see where in the world the thing came from. She heard the voice, Ha take that, but she hadn't expected to be taking anything! Not knowing the voice, nor anyone that didn't seem to like her so far, though surely that would come in time. Her right hand came up to cover her eye, as she walked towards the voice, and in the direction of the flying weed. Did she forget to mention that the flying weed was in her other hand, she was going to give it back to the one it belonged too.

Steps would carry her until the man came into sight. A cough, to get his attention, as she held out her hand, with the offending weed in it, offering it back to him. "I believe this is yours." The words booked no argument. They were not overly friendly but could you blame the girl?

If he happened to look her way, which he may or may not, he would see her standing there, the weed held out with one hand, the other hand was covering her eye, almost now as if she was scared he was going to toss something else at the eye that surely had dirt in it. If she would of removed her hand, he would of seen her eye was still tightly closed. Dressed in a pair of blue jeans, basic blue, that were nice fitting not to tight not to loose, a pair of black tennis shoes and a black t-shirt that had a small pocket over her left breast, the pocket lining was outlined in lilac.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

The Weed Eater (welcome one and all) Empty Re: The Weed Eater (welcome one and all)

Post by Marcus De Leymon Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:29 am

Before she could get there, hands were busily freeing the world of more weeds. Scooting around in the dirt, he would have to start a new pile of dead stems, just barely out of reach in front of him. As fingers worked pulling them out, they were lightly tossed to the pile. Though, his mission would soon be grinding to a halt as he heard the sound behind him. Jumping only a little, shoulder muscles flexed as he turned body on knees to look around at who was there. And upon seeing the woman, the hard day's work and troubles cleared out of his mind as a wide smile flowed over lips. Those dark coals looked over her form, not exactly hiding it. However, that would all change when she offered out that weed that almost mocked him even dead in her grasp. And then her words.

What? Umm....heh. Yeah, sorry about that. Kinda got away from me.

He would then notice that eye. Okay yeah, those greens were a brilliant feature on the girl, but he couldn't lie and say they were the first things he saw. But now that he did, he instantly got even more worry in his own hues. Standing, he would lean down, quickly wiping off hands onto pants.

Are you alright? Did the little bugger do more damage then just my ego?

Oh yeah, that was a real great way to make a first impression. Poor guy. He'll never make friends here.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 am

Thankfully none of those weeds came flying at her face. You think to go out for a walk and you end up with mud in your eye! Okay so it wasn't mud it was just dirt, but close enough! Now her eye that was not covered noticed the look over, a part of her was used to such things, and the other part always liked to see the look. Not that she admitted such things. But for the moment she did not give him the same look. She did take in that the man was shirtless, in older pants, and weeding.

"When you were telling it to take that?" The words came out, because that's what she had heard! And she did not see anyone else around that he would be telling to take that. Logical. And then his next words were out and she dropped the weed near his pile with a toss. "There was a bit of dirt on it, which is now in my eye. Do you happen to know if there is some natural water somewhere around here?" She did not want to go all the way back to the inn for water, and have to start her exploring over again. And she needed the water to wash out her eye, that fun filled experience of holding it open while you dump water, oh yes!

Only if he knew the girl was walking that way, it wasn't like he threw it in her face on purpose, was it?
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Well now, it seemed he was extra careless today. Not only did he apparently have great aim throwing behind him without even looking, but he did not hear that someone was walking behind him. Must have been all the arguing that was going on with that confounded weed. Just great! First a broken pot, now hitting guests with weeds. He was going to get run out for sure!

Oh, that. Um..I was actually saying that to the weed. It was giving me a rough time in it's demise. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you.

Does anyone really mean to do an accident? No, but it was still the common thing to say. How else can a perfect stranger even hope to convey the truth? Stepping forward he would come up a bit closer to the woman. His eyes fixed on the one that she was favoring.

There is actually. It's not much, but theres a small brook that flows through the gardens. Please, let me guide you.

And without even hesitatins he would be reaching out to grab her free wrist and would start to guide her along, that is if she didnt run away in fear or worse. But he would lead her to the stream. He didn't know a whole lot about the area yet, but the grounds immediately near the Inn was his present domain.

Please forgive me. I would never mean to do something as clumsy as that. Wretched weed.

Looking to her he would offer up a smiling chuckle. opfully it would lighten the mood?
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 pm

She had a feeling he was speaking to the weed, but she had to harass him, because if she didn't she wasn't being her self. A small grin. "I figure that you did not mean to hit me, for you don't know me, so you can't already dislike me." Logical no? And she would give a small nod of her head. "Please would you." As in would you please guide me to the water, because she wasn't quite familiar with the place, and she did not even know that there was running water.

Her free wrist was grabbed, and she did not struggle, it was better to lead her that way right? And she did not run away in fear. Or scream rape. None of the self protection things she had learned came into play. Knee, Elbow Fist! She let out a small grin. "Well no, I am sure that you didn't mean to do it."

As he walked along she would go with easily, for now, he was her only source to the water bit, without having to go on stairs or venture into the kitchen. "Have you been here long?" She figured she might as well ask no?
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:48 am

She did have one good eye at the moment, so it wasn't like he needed to baby her over every rock, twig, bump or turn. But, that's exactly what he was doing. Pulling her along, he would give a wide birth to anything that may cause them any trouble. All he needed now was to have her stumble and fall while under his watch. He would certainly get it then! Not just from the higher ups at the Inn.....but this woman could do some damage. First dirt in the eye then...whatever. Lets avoid that, shall we.

Alright. Just wanted to make sure you knew that. First impressions and all that. Of course in that matter, i have a lot of ground to make up.

They wouldn't be walking to long when the light trickling sound of running water could be heard. he had actually worked in the area recently. A few freshly planted flowers were found along the stream. And a few rock had been laid along it's path creating some small waterfalls that didn't quite look natural. Perhaps done on purpose to create that sound that everyone loved from streams? Maybe he was better at this stuff then he thought? Regardless, he would be taking her close to the small stream.

Not long. A couple weeks. Been working practically every day too. But, it's why I am allowed to stay. Now, here we are. Um....need me to do anything?
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm

That was true, one good eye was better then no good eye, but she did notice the fact that he was being careful to not even let her stumble upon a stray rock or stick. Another hint that the had not really meant to hit her in the eye with the weed. Oh, now she had taken some self defense classes but compared to those around here she couldn't do much damage. Well, for now, he was safe! Give her some time and there would be a good chance that she could do more damage! She laughed, she couldn't help it, the chuckle just escaped from her. "Well, I dare say, that you have made a very impressionable first impression. Doubt I will forget you." How many people had she met that she compartmentalize with weeds?

She gave a nod of her head, "Yes, once we get there you won't have to babysit anymore." A small snort. Yes the girl did just snort. Once they did reach the water, she would kneel next to the water, no thought of the ground getting on her pants. "Oh, I have been here a bit longer then you then." A bit was not stretching it to much. She paused a moment, "I have been working a lot as well, but I do not work for my room. I assume that is what you are doing? But every day?" A wrinkle of her nose, as she spoke, but then she was lowering her hand, and turning her head to the side, so her injured eye was towards the water. Lowering her right hand into the water to get a handful, her other hand lifted to pry open her eye, where she would rinse it out, continuing until it was good. Lifting her head up from being near the water she blinked it a few times.

Standing back up, she would dry her hand on her jeans, she had heard him offer to help but she had it handled. "So weed thrower, do you have a name?" A small impish grin was forming over her lips. In time, she might not call him such, especially if he had a name.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Tue May 04, 2010 11:00 am

What all could he do but just stand there all helpless like? So when she knelt down to clean out her eye, he would nod lightly. Hey, the offer was there in case she needed her hair held back or something. Wouldn't be the first time he had done so. Though.....this would most likely be a better experience...and smell.

Well, I guess you can say every day. A few hours here, some there. Not like I'm slaving over the place or anything. Just making sure things are done as I'm asked and as I see. Besides, don't got else to do right now. So, it keeps me out of trouble. Or so I thought.

Watching her clean out her eye he would smile lightly. Good. She didn't seem to be irritated or anything. Sure at first there was some tension, but gladly that was past by quite quickly. Once she appeared to be finished, he would quickly offer out a hand to help her stand. Sometimes it was hard from a kneeling position at a river bank, even if this wan just a small stream. And when she spoke of this 'weed thrower' name, he would just chuckle. And then a deep sinking feeling went through his mind......that name is gunna stick, isn't? And that just made him smile more.

That name's Marcus. Though if you intend on spreading the news on my killer over the shoulder dirt shot....the name's George.

Whoever this George was, he would feel sorry for him. Honestly, that is the easiest name to come up with. So the poor man had to be blamed for everything!
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Tue May 04, 2010 8:11 pm

She normally did not rely on men for anything. They were not trust worthy as a whole. She was sure there was one or two out there, besides her boss, but as a whole, no. Her dad...well her foster father, he was a good man, and it broke her heart to think of him and her foster mother perpetrating a lie, of her birth no less. She let out a laugh, for she could see the working around the place, might keep him out of trouble. Some people found trouble where ever they went, but not her, no sirree! Trouble ran from her! "So how's that working for you?"

Now he had his hand out, did she take it, not without some hesitation. She thought about it, but decided that if she did not take him up on his offer, she could hurt his man pride. And on top of that, she might have the luck of a total klutz and end up sliding down into the water. So she took his hand and got up and away from the bank of the water. Which would cause her to turn around and have to go back to the Inn. Which would detour her from her walk. "Well, Marcus, I think I am going to have to keep calling you Weed Thrower. Or W.T. for short." She might of asked for his name but she didn't say she was going to call him it. Did not even try to imply it. Shooting a grin to him, "I am going to finish my walk...watch those weeds!" And like that she was starting off on her way.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Well, I haven't been kicked out yet, so I guess I have been doing alright. So hopefully I can bribe my way out of anyone finding out about this little....thrower thing.

He would smirk as he said that part. He didn't know if she would press it, but if she did, he would have to figure something out. Most likely something off the cuff. He hated the standard type things. So it would have to be something, different. Once she got up on her feet fully, he made sure she wouldn't fall back or anything. And of course he would inspect her slightly red eye to make sure she looked alright. But then she was off and walking away. That honestly surprised him a bit. Head tilting to the side as she started off. But, he did have work to do anyway. So he would be nodding, smirking as she mentioned her little nick name, shaking his head lightly.

It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to see you again soon.

And just as fast as she came, she was off. Smirking a bit to himself, he was back over to where he was weeding. Well that was interesting. How could anything that could happen this day top that?......
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sat May 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh, he did not have to worry that she was going to go and tell anyone. Now if someone was around when they happened to run into each other, that would be a different story, because that was his name. As far as she was concerned at least. A small smile touched her lips, as she thought of that, poor man.

But yes she had kept going, for she had things to do, just as he had things to do. And now they both knew someone new.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down