Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Takin' it Easy

4 posters

Go down

Takin' it Easy Empty Takin' it Easy

Post by Connor Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 am

A few steps carried the one known as Connor to the sign. After a moment of reading, he shrugged to no one, and walked up the steps, opening the door and continuing inside. Once inside, he would take a deep breath, noticing everything on the air. He shrugged a bit to allow the vest to fall back onto the top of his shoulders, stretching in place and cracking his neck in a vaguely flippant way. He didn't wear much in the way of conventional clothing, usually settling on his current ensemble of open vest, no shirt, loose-fitting carpenter jeans, the sort that have been well-worn and rendered holey, and a pair of loose boots. He didn't like confinement.

"Let's see. A couple of leeches, a few of my kind, a few elves, a drow, and a bunch of cattle. Yeah, this'll do. Maybe I'll need a midnight snack or somethin'."

Steps carried him to the desk, where he would wait for a moment, then grow impatient. He would then look around impatiently and smack a fist down on the surface of the desk. "Sign said open all hours, I thought. What's up, I don't rate?"

Last edited by Connor on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Connor
Connor

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Takin' it Easy Empty Re: Takin' it Easy

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 am

"If you continue to beat on the desk like that, you won't."

That was the reply to his question and it came from the young lady approaching from the bar area. She was cleaning her hands upon white apron tied about her long and full brown skirt and her hair was pulled back in a braid. Having seen him when she exited from the kitchen to the bar area she had decided to see just what the man wanted at this hour and as she approached her eyes gave him a once over, making no attempt to mask that she was sizing him up and taking him in with her eyes. A small "hmm' coming from her mouth as she brushed her hand along the desk.

Perhaps the guy was in a bit of a rush. "Shall we start from the top?" asked as she put on a polite smile and settled her hands, folded, atop of the desk near to where his fist had landed. "Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. What can I do for you?"

Normally she would have pulled out the ledger but she wasn't going to be so presumptuous this time. Instead she would wait; her dark brown eyes steady on him as she waited to see how she could assist.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:59 am

He gave her a toothy smirk, along with the elevator-eyes. "I started at the top twice already, woman. Not bad. Yeah, anyway, I need a place to crash. Food. Juice. Maybe somewhere to wash my clothes. Can I find that here?" He had heard her other comment, but he didn't dignify it with a response. He just stood there looking her in her eye, as if waiting for something.

Yes, he knows. Doesn't mean he's gonna say he knows.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 am

At least he had a hint of humor about him, that bit of humor could work to his benefit or against it. His toothy smirk was met with a brief sarcastic smile and a small squaring of her shoulders, he may have only looked because she had looked. One good turn . . .

Once she heard what he wanted she pulled back her hands to reach for the ledger that was under the desk, taking her eyes from him she looked over the pages as she started to turn to the end. "There is a waterfall not far from here." He looked like a rough man so who's to say that he wasn't into stone washing his clothes? Really she was inserting her own bit of humor.

Then she continued. "We have still have rooms available on the first floor as well as one on the main floor - that one has a personal bathroom. On the first floor you have the option for a room with one or without. There's a communal bath on the first floor." Taking out a pen she placed it on the ledger's page and turned it around to him as she met his eyes. "There's also a washer room on that floor." Failing to mention the washing service since he said he wanted to wash his own.

"We accept various forms of payment and even service." She always liked the 'service' option and was sure to mention it when she had the chance.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 am

The hour didn't matter to her. Spider was accustomed to keeping whatever hours were necessary. She was coming back from Father's lab. Still cold from the day's events. The unsavory visit to the Nevernever. So she wore the same as she was when she knocked on Father's so early in the morning. Red petticoat, bodice of the long black dress laced up with strong red cord, a red shirt under it covering what thre bodice would not. Over that her enchanted black coat. Despite the day she did not look worse for wear. Spider looked composed and moved with regal grace as she passed the front desk. That she looked so serene is what had Jamison so worried. With good reason.

Like anyone Spider LeFey had instincts. Hers were twofold. The instincts of Jamison's blood, and the instinct of Eolande's blood. The strings of Mother's instincts pulled at her now. These instincts she didn't fully understand. Much of the time she didn't realize her actions were being swayed by those instincts, and what they meant. They just plucked at her like she was the strings of a harp and Spider played the dictated tune. These instincts are what drew her just over twenty years ago to a park where a woman named Zalina Godard was getting handled falsely by a letcherous man.

The same instincts drew her brisk pace to a halt now. I started at the top twice already woman. Those words along with the pompous entitled manner of this man swelled Summer's heat inside her with a intensity that surprised her. Honey-bright eyes didn't look at him when she turned. She turned her attention to De'Ryanna. She didn't look the woman in the eyes. Spider never did and there was reason for that. Honied gaze looked at the spot between the woman's eyebrows and that served Spider just fine.

"It's best not to lodge this man next to or across from me if you wish him to enjoy his stay." The crisp British syllables could not dull the blow of how bluntly the words were spoken. It was honesty. Spider didn't tip-toe around any matter and she wouldn't do so here. She knew the shift she felt was more than just her hatred of men. Even if she didn't yet know why, she did suspect this - Mother would be so pleased.
The Spider
The Spider

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

He chuckled at her comment. "Service, huh? Is that what they're calling things nowadays? Damn, that's what I get for leaving civilization for awhile. I miss out on so much." He grabbed the pen or pencil...she would have, of course, provided one, wouldn't she?...then signed his first name, and only his first. "Let's see. I've got a strong back, I don't need much sleep usually, and I have just tons of stamina. Plus, the other thing. You know." He pointed at her, then himself, and finally winked. "Don't worry yourself if you're not out, girl. I won't say a word. Just don't like to hide it myself." A shrug caused his vest to slip, the denim fabric falling slightly off of one shoulder.

His head snapped around abruptly as he heard the other woman's voice. He scented the air again, and grew confused. He didn't understand it, but he couldn't place her scent. "Sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't want there to be any confrontations, would we? It could get messy, and I don't know if this place is insured." He was not the type to back down, so he met her eyes and did not blink.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:15 pm

He chuckled and her right eyebrow rose a tad as she tipped her head to the side. Her sarcastic smile turned more to a real one - it was the humor. And the fact that he was signing his name to the book without asking much about anything else, it was a good deal to her. While he signed she fingered over the keys under the desk. "There are many forms of service . . . Connor." The pause due to her looking at the ledger. He had signed his name and she could read, therefore she called him by what he wrote in the book.

She pulled it back towards her and turned it around before letting it close. "I'm sure there is some service that you can do for me. It helps to know that you're built like a horse, perhaps we shall break you in at the stables?" There was sass about her, no point in arguing against that, but it was one of her traits. There was nothing really harmful in her words and some people may consider it to be playful banter. Even if her words were not fully in play.

When he motioned between the two of them and made his statement she paused before setting a key upon the counter, it was the key to room 101. A response to his comment would have come if she did not hear the voice coming from behind. Looking to the lady she gave a single shake of her head. "Unless you are staying near room number a hundred and one there should not be a problem." She would have asked the lady her name and checked but the information she gave was enough to know whether there needed to be a room exchange.

Connor's attention had been diverted and she now lifted up her hand to snap her fingers twice at him as a means to draw back his attention. "Connor, your attention please. We're not quite done." She brought her hand down and picked up his keys.

"My name is De'Ryanna and here are your keys."
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Spider had looked only at De'ryanna and this didn't change. So Connor had nothing from her to meet and not back down from. Even if she had been looking in his direction, she never looked at anyone directly. She was no Medusa but still all should be thankful. For twofold reasons. One Wizard, one Fae.

Like her eyes her words were also for the woman. "I am not." Her room was one-eleven. A fact she wasn't going to disclose in front of the man. "I am however on that floor. Is there no basement for him?" Her question was serious. Her candor was still as mannerly as it was British. Her smile however. The smirk had something to it. Like the regal lift of her chin and her tall posturing the smirk was superior. But it was also impish. Some men deserved to be taught a lesson. She was an apt teacher. She was doing hard internal work to resist the urge.

She didn't expect her inquiry regarding basement housing for the braggart to be taken seriously. So her intention was to leave. Until she saw the manner in which De'ryanna handled the brute. The finger snapping. The way she addressed him. Spider's curiosity in De'ryanna was already peaked when the woman made mention of using this man in the stable. These other actions only sweetened her honeypot. "De'ryanna." The name was repeated. In the exact same way as the woman had spoken it herself. Those sensitive to magical energies could feel a small tingle when part of their name was spoken back to them just as they said it themselves.

"I believe I'd like a word with you. When with him you're quite done." What words they would be she had the rest of De'ryanna and Connor's exhange to figure out. She didn't look at or address the man. That was her way of doing her part to keep any confrontations from happening. What the burning heat of Summer was bidding her to do would most certainly turn the situation messy. She would put her attention on stifling that urge and remain standing to the side as she was, hands folded primly in front of her.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:16 am

Connor had decided to ignore anything that the other woman had to say, since she had some sort of prejudice against males, and listened to De'Ryanna. A smile formed on his lips as he responded. "Well, I for one would love to be broken in in the stables. That is, assuming that the one doing the breaking in doesn't mind being broken in herself."

A comment about the basement caused his hackles to raise. "It would seem that spiders, by virtue of being filthy creatures who thrive on darkness, would be more suited to living in basements. Room one-hundred and one sounds perfect. I shall head to that room and prepare myself. I'll be in the stables at first light, unless you would rather I show up immediately?" He winked at her, clearly heaping a ton of innuendo upon that last statement.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 am

If De'Ryanna's ears could twitch they would have done precisely that at hearing her own name said back to her from Spider's lips. It was something in the way it was said that sent a prickle through her skin and drew her attention for a moment, looking her over as she prepare to make a comment about the basement. "Many of the darker wines and a few meats are stored in the basement, wouldn't want anything to spoil them. However..."

The last word was drawn out as she looked form Spider to Connor, giving him another look over with her eyes and a small smirk forming over her lips. "I am not opposed to transferring his lodgings to the stables if he proves to be more of an animal than man." It was said with her chin lifted slightly. Her statement was two-fold with a hint that he hopefully understood. He let her know what he was and she was letting him know that if he choose to act like a wild animal while in the Inn she would put him out.

"Morning will do just fine, Connor and you will find me in the stables then. It would be a shame to have you come to me at only half strength. You'd tire too easily and that's no way to test out your stamina." Now that he had agreed she was already thinking of the many things she would do to him. She wasn't going to say anything about being broken in, in any way. "You'll find your bed to be soothing."

De'Ryanna put the ledger back into its place behind the desk before she addressed Spider. "As I'm planning on having my fun with with later unless you want to exchange words between us now I would need to know your name so that I may seek you out after we're done in the Stables." Spider did ask to speak with her when she was done, she was only seeking if she meant when she was done with him at the desk, or done with him after his task.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spider Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 am

The braggart was talking about spiders. What irony. Spider did not interpret what he spoke to be a comment about her. She had not spoken her name and she was the only one among the three of them that knew it. So unless this man had been stalking her days prior before checking himself in… The Wizards LeFey erred on the side of caution, not paranoia. So by Spider his comment was interpreted as coincidence.

To her, Connor's comment also proved his ignorance. Marking it she gave her final opinion on his place of lodging to De'ryanna. She hadn't engaged or looked at the man yet and his ignorance was not a good enough reason for her to do so now. "I still advise the basement. Clearly he has never seen the care, precision and cleanliness in which a spider keeps its web. Should he be lucky enough to see in the dark he might learn something. If they don't choose him to wither from their bite." Either way she felt there was nothing but gain.

"I am in room one-eleven, De'Ryanna. At your leisure knock upon my door." While divulging her place of lodging so specifically was not ideal Spider never spoke her name from her own lips in front of anyone she didn't wish to. What she had named herself was not Connor's concern. Nor was where she resided at this Inn but should he be bold - or foolish - enough to knock upon her door he would see the consequences in that.

Her business here was complete. De'ryanna received a nod and a smile which would be hard to read. Spider left the woman to finish handling the man and made her way upstairs.
The Spider
The Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Madeline had been casually walking by when she heard De'Ryanna talking to some random hot guy at the desk. Stopping just for a few seconds, she gave the guy a once over with her eyes. Not Bad, she thought.

She believed she had heard De'Ryanna mentioning something about stables. New stable boy huh, must remember to take Swifty out for a run soon. Wouldn't mind seeing what the new guy looks like shirtless and sweaty.

Madeline stopped looking and made her way upstairs to talk to her brother.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Kyra knew that Maddie has been around here recently and needed to talk to her but wasn't sure where to find her so she figured she would check out the bar. She chose to appear in her human form wearing a pair of jeans and a blue top and tennis shoes. Having just missed Maddie she saw the crowd at the front desk and couldn't help but notice the handsome newcomer. With a smile she looked to De'Ryanna and waved heading toward the bar but caught herself looking back to get another view of the rest of the man at the front desk. Turning back around she went into the bar to see if she could find Maddie and let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding in and though to herself....damn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Connor smiled , nodding his thanks to De'Ryanna. "Say, is it just me, or are her panties in a wad? I mean, Jesu.....she acted like a jealous teenager....oh." He nodded slowly, understanding. "So the Greeks don't have the market cornered on the daughters of Sappho. Yeah, makes sense. Penis envy. I have one, she wants one of her own." He shrugged idly, not really caring either way. He wasn't impressed by the fake Briton accent any more than he was the dyejob-gone-wrong. Why do people do that to their hair...?

Oh well, none of his concern, meaning he didn't give a damn. "So, the stables? I'll be there. Maybe you could bring a towel?" He winked, not making it entirely clear which one of them would need it, then turned on his heel and started to walk off. He had seen a young woman walking by, and the one that hadn't quite made it past had waved. He pointed at her, then at the other retreating woman. "Friend of yours? Tell her I said hello. Oh, yeah." He stuck out his hand waiting for a handshake or acknowledgement. "I'm Connor. I dunno your name...think I'll call you....Crystal. It's the eyes." He stood there for a moment, then got an idea. The idea caused him to crack a quite malicious grin, and he started off. Before he got past her, he swatted her on the arse, not hard enough to hurt, but just a playful tap. "Be seeing you around, Crys." He had an errand to run before he got his obligatory fourty-five minutes of sleep, then he had to get to the stable. It seemed that the woman De'Ryanna wanted to see him prove himself...he intended to do so in spades.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Kyra stopped in mid-stride to the before getting to the bar hearing the man introduce himself and then had the nerve to smack her on the rump. Connor was it...nice name but he seemed to think she was someone else and that would not do. A wicked grin crossed her lips as she spoke.

"It's Kyra.....and I hope I do see you around sometime."

Just as playfully before going to find Madeline she smacks him on his rump. A little harder than she might have intended but she was wagering that it wasn't going to hurt much. Shaking her head she went to the bar seeing no one was in there and turned on her heals still shaking her head a little leaving the inn. She had things to do herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum