Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open) Empty At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open)

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:10 pm

New Haven, the name of the city alone spoke of irony. Implying that it was a refuge for those who somehow made a mess of their old shelter and were looking to start again. Vagabonds, rift-raft, rejects, all those that didn't seem to have a place in the world - or who were looking to carve out new identities could be found there. At least, that's one implication of the town's name.

Therefore it only made sense that when Gawain reappeared on her radar he was in a place called 'New Haven'. Her estranged husband was not the only one making a sudden appearance after a handful of years. The re-emergence of the rose tattoo drawn on the top side of her right hip said that the house of Darkmane was back; and that meant Dreconis. Funny how life had a way of removing people from a persons life for a time only to bring them back at a later date. The rhyme and reason for this known only by the Fates.

From the moment she had received that letter so many months ago and sent her orange and black stripped cat to investigate, she had gotten ready for travel. Airtia knew that her daughter was not lying and besides, the bundle of emotions that represented her inside her head spoke their own truths.

There were many things happening in the city of New Haven.

Airtia packed light - if there was anything she needed it would not be an issue to form a gateway and retrieve it. She wore a dark red leather bodice that formed itself around her torso well and was held together at the front by three silver spikes. The bodice stopped a little under her chest, showing the flat mid-drift and the red bloodstone that lied in the middle. Nestled at the top of her cleavage was a platinum ring topped with a cat’s eye gem. On her legs, low-riding black pants (the tip of the rose tattoo cresting the waistline) and knee-high, lace up, black boots. A sword belt hung around her waist, a silver dragon sword hilt stood out from the worn scabbard at her side etched in rune marking was on left side of the belt. A pair of twin daggers sheathed on the right. Silver cuffs on both wrist. Auburn hair pulled to a single braid.

Presently she was in New Haven and making her way, not to the Inn, but to the forge aptly named the 'Fires of Hades'. When she had discovered the name she had smiled for it fit the owner perfectly. The place was not hard to find as it was made to look like a mountain and, as there was no door, she simply stepped inside; half expecting to hear echos from the inhabitants within. No time was wasted in looking around at the scenery as she headed to the front desk.

As she walked the sword was loosed from it's holding as her fingers wrapped around the dragon hilt. With a whisper the double-handed, dark blue blade bastard sword was released. It appeared in mint condition. When she reached the desk she placed the sword down across the top. "I'm looking fer the creator o' this sword."

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open) Empty Re: At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:46 pm

Kyra was sitting behind the counter looking for something when a visitor came in. When she heard the request she walked over to the counter and used her wings to float up and sit on the counter. She looked to the woman and then to the sword. She looked at both curiously as she spoke in her most professional voice.

"Welcome to the Fires of Hades. I'm Kyra and will be happy to assist you but I need to know who created this sword."

She smiled and sat there waiting for the answer.

Back to top Go down

At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open) Empty Re: At the forge, looking for Dreconis (open)

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:19 pm

She knew that someone would there. Unless he had changed his ways it would be unlike him to leave the place without anyone at the desk. At least during working hours. Both hands were placed on either side against the edge of the desk and she leaned in, looking past the receptionist for a moment and peering into the deeper parts of the forge.

"Dreconis." Then her silver eyes set back to the lady. "Tis his shop nae?" A off-hand thought that perhaps he wasn't here, and someone else was running the place for him.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 pm

She sat there not giving any hints in her expression as to what she was thinking about. She contemplated whether or not to tell it all or see what she could find out. She continued to smile as she spoke.

"Well I have heard of one called Dreconis but what makes you think this is his shop? It could be mine."

She was a feisty faery but cute so people often didn't get mad at her for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Cute. Either he had gotten himself some security or the people here were suspicious. It couldn't have been very strange to see a person, wearing weapons, enter into a forge, so she doubted it was security. Besides, Dre was all the security a place needed.

Airtia chuckled lightly and tipped her head back, finally taking a look at the things used for lights. Just his style. "This forge is filled with his presence and only he would design his shop in such a way. " Perhaps she was being too aggressive without knowing it so she eased up on the desk. "I do nae mean him any harm. I will wait fer him iffen he tis nae here at the moment. Ye can tell him that his...sister..tis here fer him."
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 pm

Madeline heard Kyra with a customer, and joined Kyra at the counter to see if she could help. When she recognized a face from her past."Hi my name is Madeline, can I help you?.....Mis Airtia, is that really you?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:18 pm

She huffed when Madeline came up to the counter and introduced herself and obviously knew who she was. She looked to Madeline and spoke with some dejection in her voice.

"This nice lady is looking for the boss. She claims to be his sister but she doesn't look like him but then again neither does his mom."

She shrugged as she hopped down and went back to her work letting Madeline handle it from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 pm

Madeline laughed"Nor does Krys look like his sister. I'll handle this Kyra, she's long time friend and role modl of mine."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Airtia might have spent a lot of time with Dre in the past - a lot of time - but it wasn't enough to make them look like each other at all. She might have said something to that effect if the other one would have stuck around. Kyra, if she had heard the name correctly.

Now there was someone else at the desk, and someone who knew who she was. The name registered before the face did but then Airtia smiled at Madeline. "Greetings Madeline, my how ye 'ave grown." Looking at her she was reminded of her own children. Perhaps they were around the same age. "Are ye working here as well? I ne'er thought ye out tae be a smithy."

Looking at her clothing. "or are ye running the desk? How are ye?"

Last edited by Airtia S. Cauthon on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : me being picky...)
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Madeline ran from behind the counter and gave Airtia a hug. You look great Airtia, you haven't changed a bit. Yes I'm working here, and part time at the Inn."

"What brings you here. I've seen Gawain a few times at the Inn, but he said nothing about you coming. Of course it would seem that most of the Society is at the Inn."
"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:00 pm

If there was anything she was not expecting, it would have been the hug. Airtia wasn't the type that went around hugging people -or really receiving them from others - so it came as a bit of a shock. Evident in the fact that it took a moment before the hug was returned. Good thing the daggers on her side were sheathed.

"Thank ye Madeline." A few pats on the back and she chuckled once more. "I do nae think that he really knows that I was coming. At least nae when." Tyger had come, but he had given no time as to when his master would follow.

"How many o' the Darkmane's are there at the Inn? From what I 'ave found out there are many things going on there. "

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Madeline got a cool grin. "Well let's see. Tasha, Dre, his sister Krystal, the Lady Venis, and all of her employees, Miss Cas that use to work at the Society Recruit Tavern, and Miss Sheena. I think thats it."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:26 pm

It was funny. All of those people, she had last seen them all those years ago at the Society. Some name she remembered more than others; and she also noticed that Madeline said nothing about Kahn or Krow. Maybe both of them were dead.

She remembered both Krow and Sheena for they were the ones that had invited her into their home and welcomed her to their table those many years ago. It had been a taste of family and she wasn't to forget it.

"Sounds like a lot o' family tis there. But, where tis Dre? Shall I 'ave tae go down into the bowels tae find him?"

The prospect of seeing them all again had varying effects. Perhaps it was time for her to see them all again.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:10 am

Krys walked up to the counter and smled at Airtia. "My brother is arond here somewhere. Hello Airtia nice to see you again. Hope all is well.

Instead of doing what she would normally do, she sent Dre a mental link.
~Dre dear, you have a rather important customer up front."~

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 am

He was downstairs working hard when he got the message. It causing him to mess up his rhythm. He looked at the metal and growled, throwing it into the scrap pile to be used later.

~Krystal. I am not to be bothered right now. If there is a customer, you three deal with them. I do the Smithing you do the customer service...and not that way Sis so take off the knee pads. Now I have to get this done. Tell whomever it is to leave their order with you three and when it is due.~

With that he set back to work.

Last edited by Dreconis on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 am

~Brother dear, you don't understand. This woman says she's your sister. Honestly do you tink I would other you if it weren't important! Now get your scaley arse up here.~

he smiled at Airtia "He'll be here soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am

He roared, which would have been heard upstairs.

~Krystal. I gave instructions sister. Now please follow them. They can come back or not. Probably some lass wanting to see under the loincloth and all that. So take the order and shoo them out. I am working. End of Story. Please do nto make me pull the Boss card.~

Last edited by Dreconis on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:44 am

Krys rolled her eyes at the roar."See Airtia, I told you he was here."~FINE!! YOU can explain to both Airtia and Gawain why you were too busy to come see her!~ He would know through the mindlink that she was in full brat mode, complete with her rolling eyes and almost a raspberry in his general direction.

Last edited by Krystal Crow on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:51 am

He stopped for a moment. Did she say Airtia? Could not be.

~If Furball was here you would not have said sister. So do not give me that crap about Gawain. Now this better be important or so help you....~

He let it go at that, but did send her a mental spank and bonk on the head for the brat mode. ~Quit being a brat, Brat.~

He then stomped up the steps and almost throw open the door. "Where is this person claiming to be my sister?" He growled.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:59 am

Krys smiled at her brother when the door flew open the looked back at Airtia. "Here he is Airtia, nice to see you again." With that being said, Krys went back to sorting material in the back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:06 am

It was a good thing that she could not read minds. What she could read were expressions on people's faces, especially when they failed to mask how they were feeling. From the look on Krystals face something was making her a bit upset. And, from the roar that came from the basement, it had to be Dre. Only now he was in a mood as well.

The roar and the way the floor trembled as a result only caused her smile to broaden. Just like old times. "Thank you Krystal. Some things ever change." She could hear him coming up the steps. "May I?" There was a chuckle in her voice and she made to move around the desk. Surely Krystal wouldn't mind and,k if she did and told her to come back she would.

Airtia brushed her hands together, a smug smile on her face as she got near the door. When he opened the door she stepped into his view. "Hello. Brother."
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:12 am

he opened the door and heard that 'Hello.Brother.'

Well that stopped him in his tracks, but not before running smack into her and knocking her on her arse. He looked at her and shook his head. It could not be. Their parting had not been the best and he was fairly certain the Airtia he knew would not want to see him

He spoke softly, almost chillingly, "Who are you? The Airita I knew did not want to see me again. So that leaves the earlier question and a second. Why are you here?"

He stood there arms crossed waiting for the answer. Certain he was that he had it right. His stance betraying that, a slip up he was unaware of showing to her. He did not see the tattoo or the sword on the counter. All he saw was someone playing a cruel joke on him.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:35 am

Fell back, rolled and regained her feet, albeit she was in a crouched position there on the floor, holding there as she heard his words. He didn't think it was her, that much was clearly obvious.

"I'm hurt," it was a statement, she wasn't really hurt like that, no feelings were crushed for she could understand where he was coming from. "After e'erything we've been through ye don't know me?" Slowly she started to rise from the crouch, keeping her eyes on him.

"We always fought and we'd always end up back together. Like a twisted sort of destiny. Don't you remember Dre?" She moved slow because he was upset. No quick and sudden movements. "As fer why I'm here. Yer mark has returned. Can I nae want tae reconnect?"
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:41 am

Well she was right about one thing, whomever she was. No matter how much they fought, they did get together and have fun. He smiled briefly at those times. Wait! Did she say mark?

No one knew of that mark. Not even Sheena. He looked around pointed off in one direction, as if saying 'There! Now!' And moved towards his office, grabbing the blade of the counter. It was a place hidden by all and none would ever know the way in.

Once in he looked at her. "Alright! Show the mark! And I assure you it best be real or there will be dire consequences for deceiving me." He also took the time to handle the blade. It was his work, that was for sure.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:39 am

Ah, there was the trigger. She could tell that she had struck some type of memory. Airtia relaxed a bit when she saw the look in his eye and the direction he pointed. She almost went back to get the sword - it wasn't something she was going to leave out in the open - but he took it. Even more reason for her to follow.

When she was inside she saw how he examined the sword. "It's yer work. Ye made it fer me back in the Society," she said as she turned her back to him and undid the belt which hung at her waist. Once that was done she set it off to the side. "Ye have given me other things as well. Mainly weapons."

Hooking her thumb into the waist of her pants she pulled down the right side. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to show half of the rose tattoo on the right side of her hip. It was mainly the bulb. The leaves and stem disappeared into the rest of her black pants and down the top of her thigh. "That'll 'ave tae do."

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next