Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

In the Meeting Hall

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In the Meeting Hall Empty In the Meeting Hall

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:22 am

Box in hand De'Ryanna made her way from the bar and to the Meeting Hall. The walk was not that far, though the meeting hall was on the other side of the Inn, anyone who happened to be at the front desk would see her as she went.

Armandeus was going to come and she was happy. "I liked what you did back there. It was . . . different." In a good way, though she was not going to tell him that.

Once arrived in the meeting hall she placed the box on the table there. It was really a plain room, for now. Though there was the notice board that her father had put up. Notice board, why hadn't she thought about that.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

In the Meeting Hall Empty Re: In the Meeting Hall

Post by Armandeus Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:06 am

Armandeus had been following her, and her comment made him smile. "I stand by it, I want that intercom thing gone or I shall rip it out myself." One hand came up to rub at his ears as he walked into the meeting hall after her. "It looks rather bare in here, it could use some color."

He had seen her set the box down, and had moved in closer to see what was inside. There had to be something said for Elves and their natural unfailing curiosity. "What's in the box?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:13 pm

"Color you want, color you should have, though I've always been under the impression that a meeting hall should be plain for business." He had seen her room and the lack of decorations that were there, but she was learning. It was almost a requirement.

She had gotten the supplies and was going to work on the layout of the hall, even incorporating the Lounge if needed. That's what she was good at, figuring out what went where and how things should work. The more decorative things were left to the artistic people.

Opening the top she started to pull out the contents: collection of colored tape, fake pumpkins and leaves, crape paper, orange, black and silver foil; and things that were autumn or Halloween.

"I was asked to pick up things for the Halloween party we are going to have. The flyer should be along soon." she seemed rather pleased with herself. "You wouldn't believe the name that was decided on."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:14 pm

"I fail to see how color could effect things of business. I wish you could have seen where meetings were held in Faelon." As she started taking things out of the box, Armandeus had started sorting through them. "The rooms were filled with colors and light." That had left Ar lost in thought, thinking of what color would look good in the room if he was allowed to change it.

She had brought some interesting things, though it was the fake leaves that caught most of Ar's attention away from the walls. "Fake leaves?" Holding them up, he looked at her. "Why do we not use the real ones that are starting to cover the garden?" Before she could answer he had set the leaves aside and began picking through the items again, something had caught his eye.

Sticking out from under it all was something gray-white in color, and this is what Armandeus began trying to un-bury. Sorting through the stuff he suddenly backed away from the table, eyes wide. "It's a hand! Why do you have a dead hand in there!?" He backed up even further, trying not to look at the fake skeleton hand he had dug out.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:29 pm

What a hunt this was turning out to be; quite unexpected. At the start of this evening he had thought it would be simple: get in, survey the area, find who he was looking for. The reality was different, though there were elements that mirrored his original plan. Getting into the Inn was simple enough, he wasn't even questioned. With it being an Inn strangers coming was a norm. Survey the area, in essence this was accomplished to for he had traveled a few areas of the Inn's interior. What was taking longer than he expected, was finding his person. He had already been tracking her for months. When she wanted to disappear, she could, and she had.

Good thing he was patient.

He did not follow to close behind for he did not want to scare them, besides, he did not need to see her to follow her. Who was that guy? Elvish defiantly, but that was not saying a lot. They didn't move as those involved did but they were friends. In the least they were that.

Who was he and would he hinder his plans?

When the pair had entered the room Benjamin hung back a second and moved the shirt to the right hand. His position moved to the left side of the entryway of the Meeting hall. Leaning against the frame his body served as a block for any quick escape. His stance was very relaxed and calm, arms crossed over his bare chest and chin held downward., he was satisfied as he watched the two of them discuss the contents of that box.

Then, in a smooth tone, he spoke, "Will you walk into my parlour?" said the Spider to the Fly, "'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy."

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Venis' message had been delivered to De'Ryanna. De'Ryanna's message had been delivered to Venis. Venis put Krys to work on the receipts and slipped into her heels. Shamus had carved some Jack-o-lanterns out of coal and she had made them into diamonds earlier that day as a break from her work. She gathered them up now. There were 12. She had made them as close to orange as possible. They still seemed rather yellow to her, but dark yellow at least.

She told Krys that she would be back as fast as she could. She placed the diamonds, each only palm sized, into a velvet drawstring bag. She grabbed up a ledger and pen and headed to the meeting hall.

Soft footsteps carried her to her destination. The area outside the meeting hall was carpeted, serving to silence her heels even more. She reached the door just in time to hear those words. 'Will you walk into my parlor?' said the male voice. She stepped through the door. She paused as he finished his sentence. "Monsieur Adams." Again with the polite acknowledgment of his presence. "But are you sure that you are the spider here?" She smiled and winked before she proceeded to the two across the room.

"Lady De'Ryanna I presume." She smiled as she extended her right hand to the woman. She was going to change from her heather grey dress, it was a simple cotton dress with short sleeves and full skirt. Drawn in at the waist and without adornment, but she figured it was nice enough for discussing business. "And would you be Armandeus sir?" She was going from the description from Bo and Derek and the faint smell of food coming from him. "I appreciate you taking time to grant me an audience. May I help while we talk? Oh, and I brought a gift." She placed the bag of diamonds on the table. "I just finished these this morning."

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:44 pm

"It's all right Armandeus," had to love how she said his name, accented in the right places with an almost musical type tone, aided by the hint of laughter in her voice at his reaction to the hand. "It's not real."

She picked up the hand and turned it over and tapped it against the table. "See? It's fake. Mutilated body parts and decapitation are all things that some people enjoy for Halloween festivities. " De'Ryanna spoke very plainly about it, like it was a normal and natural sort of thing. "I may not have much creativity sense but Epiphany made mention of the place being dead and I'm sure she will appreciate the literal sense." It was logical in her mind, and that is what she always went for. Logic. And her odd sense of humor.

That was when she heard the man at the door. A glance towards the source she knew who it was and it shook her calm composure for a moment. Hands on the box she was fixing to state a reply when Venis come into the room. A momentary welcome distraction. Then she was over at the box.

"Yes. I am she. Lady Jordianthan. Pleasure to meet you." And it was. "If you would like to help, we are getting the preliminary things set for a party during Halloween, I would like it if you could design a tangle of limbs. I doubt Armandeus will want to handle them."

"Thank you, for the gift." Picking up the bag and feeling the weight in her hand. "Payment?"

Now, she would address Benjamin, for she knew who he was. "What are you doing here Benjamin."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:05 am

Venis looked at the woman and her eyes widened. Her mouth opened but words could not escape her crimson lips. She forgot all things business related and was completely speechless. After what seemed like minutes, but was actually only seconds, she finally spoke.

"Tell me child, how is your mother? I have missed her so." Her voice was soft and calm. Surprising even herself. "Oh, I'm sorry, no. Those are just a gift, not payment. I have gold for payment. That's what I wanted to discuss with you. Make sure I knew what I was paying for and things like that. Did you want that tangle to look like dead tree's?" Yep, Venis was in shock.

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:14 am

The person that he wanted was right there in front of him and she knew it. She had caught his eye and knew that he was there. Even if she had chosen to ignore him it would not have mattered too much to him because she knew. Once you knew was there at times he was hard to ignore.

His attention to his prey was slightly side-tracked when another smell entered into the room and his vision was treated, once again, to that of the lady Vampire. Wonderful. He was beginning to think he had seen the last of her, or that they would not have crossed paths so soon.

Three to one, he liked those odds. Though his prey had addressed him, Benjamin chose to strike first at the Vampire. "We just keep running into each other don't we Vampire? I must be hard to resist" Smug, if only a little. Time to leave the wall. Easing off of it, he flung his shirt over his shoulder and proceeded towards the table where the tangle of them gathered. His eyes looked between the vampire and his prey.

"I know that I am not the spider, I would not be so trapped. She is the spider. You should see her webs." A grin started to form on his facial features and he looked towards the male in the room, giving him a look over in size.

"I'm here for you, De'Ryanna. Who is he?"

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:40 am

Venis turned her attention back to the lycan. "Down boy. I'm not in the mood for you to make love to my leg." She smiled. She wasn't mad at him or otherwise. The way she saw it, they were even. He asked a direct question and she didn't answer and she asked a direct question and he didn't answer. Plus they had both threatened to make each other part of their respective collections. So even.

She set her ledger down on the table and started gathering up the limbs, she would finish her conversation with De'Ryanna when she was done with Monsieur Adams. Venis didn't think he was here to cause harm at the moment. And if he was, he would be sorry for it. De'Ryanna's parents were two of Venis' best friends. Especially her father. But the ladies would discuss that later. For now she would decorate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:52 am

De'Ryanna said his name like nobody else, and there was love for how it was said. Even better was that she was one of the very few who could pronounce it correctly. Armandeus watched as she picked up the hand and tapped it against the table, but didn't move any closer. It may have been fake, but it resembled a real one far too close for his comfort.

"This is a strange holiday.. why would anyone want body parts laying around? I am surprised Elvellon would even want such." Knowing Epiphany, it wasn't really that much a surprise. He had been prepared to go off on a rant about the oddness of mortal holidays when the other two entered.

It seemed they were both there for De'Ryanna, and so he remained silent. That was, until they started asking his name. "I am Armandeus."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:58 am

How did she know her mother? It was rare when things shocked her enough for it to actually register on her face, most of the time she was able to maintain that emotionless guise - except around Armandeus and she wasn't exactly sure as to why. That Venis knew her mother, meant that she knew who she was. Did she know her father too? Her real father? She would not be surprised, especially considering that he was staying here in the Inn.

Then there was the question of how she was, and what Benjamin had said. His question to her caused her to momentarily forget Venis' question and she blinked; and unknowingly took a partial step closer to Armandeus. Masking the reason she really moved closer she smiled when he gave his name. "He is.. my friend."

Was there another name for it? Probably, but friend would suffice for now. No need to make any assumptions or make people uncomfortable.

"What do you want with me? More importantly, how did you find me?" She was wary. Not many people were able to track her, but he obviously had. Benjamin was someone whom she hadn't seen in a while.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:25 am

Questions. He was ready for those questions. De'Ryanna's scent ha changed and it was wonderful. The way she had moved towards the other male in the room, Armandeus he said his name was, almost seemed territorial. Now why would she do that? A retorical question since he had two opinions on it. He had seen them walking together yet still, their interactions did not have that deeper quality.

He suddenly found things to be very amusing and his fingers flexed again, the knuckles cracking. The remark from the Vampire was especially amusing. There was something else. That Vampire knew De'Ryanna's mother, that said something in and of it's own. What was she doing? Decorating?

Starting to pull his shirt from off his shoulder he walked towards the Vampire decorator while addressing his prey. "What if I told you that I was sent to find you by your father Lord le'Cree? Would that put your mind at ease even if it were not the truth?" He stopped slightly away from the vampire and tossed his shirt, stained with blood and excess from a severed head, upon portion she had set the limbs.

"There's no satisfaction in humping a leg. The better deal lies further up." Looking at the shirt he had put in her pile. "Use the shirt. You can imagine you're toying with my mangled body and get a rise from it." He wasn't arrogant, but another word could be used. Benjamin's eyes watched the Vampire a second or two more as he repressed the growl in his throat and headed back to the young girl.

"You know I should be your Warder De'Ryanna. You can't run from me. I will always find you."

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:44 am

Venis snickered. There was something to be said for someone who could run into her son while he was eating and not get grossed out. But first, Armandeus. "Tis a pleasure to meet you Armandeus. My men speak very highly about you." She looked at the shirt and hearing what he said she couldn't resist. "Tease. Be careful pup, my husband is away, and so quickly after I've returned from a very long absence. Besides, lycan blood gets me high. You should add your name to my dance card in the battle gym. Might release some of that pent up frustration you're suffering from."

She picked up the shirt and tore it like it had been caught on the bushes and ripped from it's owner. "Thanks for the prop." Yep, she still had manors. She let them talk, but was worried when De'Ryanna's tone of voice had changed. She was glad Armandeus was standing with her. She probably welcomed the support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:30 am

The first thing that brought his attention was the scent. There was another, one he had no record nor knowledge of. Well, he thought, you KNOW it isn't your brother, now don't you?

Shaking his head in frustration, more at the stray thought than at the frequency in which he had been hearing it of late, Gawain stepped into the room. A slight wave went to both Venis and De'Ryanna, along with a simple salute to Armandeus, fingertips touching forehead, something he had picked up long, long ago. He hoped the elf he was travellling with at the time hadn't been having a laugh at his expense, but it was supposed to be good manners. Besides, the Celts notion of elves being "pinty-eared wee beasties, an' shoor nae ain ye wanna ken!" had never rang true in this part of the world. But still, he couldn't help but notice the other male in the room, and he felt a familiar, almost comforting feeling.

Once he had cleared his throat, he spoke slowly, careful not to show teeth. He had too many at the moment, anyway....."I have no information on any lord named Le'Cree, but whomever the man is, one thing he isn't is her father. That's my job. Well, among others, that is." With two slow strides, he was roughly between Venis and Ryanna before he spoke again. "I've heard that argument before, Gai'din. However, I am sure that there were reasons why you did not fit the bill. Maybe your lack of manners? Hmm, I don't know, what do you Ladies think?"

He brought both fists together, cracking knuckles loudly. Too loudly. A few bones had broken and reset in the right hand, and he had to shove it into his pocket before anyone saw the claws forming. Light-blinded idiot!, he thought, cursing himself for overdoing it. It was always hard not to assume his other skin in the presence of others of the kin, not to mention Venis, who always assumed she'd get a nightcap when he went hybrid.

"Well, you know, we could do this all night....and trust me, I have, whelp.....but why don't we just come to a point, such as what you want and how firmly will I have to tell you that Sister De'Ryanna goes where she pleases, as it is with all Sisters, Light preserve them. Even an Asha'man doesn't impede his Sister when she wishes to go.....or stay."

Think, furball, think.....~De'Ryanna, I don't know this one. He smells.....odd. Not bad, just.....wrong. Say the word, and I will gladly act. Oh, and the mental link....sorry, I usually ask permission, but under the circumstances...well, you know. Awkward, sort of. At any rate, if I must, I'll do it quick and clean. M'Hael won't notice a little Balefire this far away, if I'm any judge.~ He knew she'd look to see if he was joking, (which was, sadly, a family trait, endearing, yet often revealing), and would notice his eyes, and the set of his jaw. The eyes, he knew, had been described to her by her mother, and right now, they glistened like two golden coins. Your move, pal... he thought, feeling a little guilty about being kind of excited.

Just a little, mind.
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:26 am

As she was arranging the shirt in place a smile spread across her face. A huge smile. She even started to giggle, yes giggle. She looked up just as he walked through the door. She waved back and finished placing the shirt just right.

She chuckled at Gawain's lack of manors comment. "Have to agree with you there hon." She continued with the task that De'Ryanna had asked of her. She was going to be on her best behavior unless Gawain said she didn't have to be. Not many men could say that they held that kind of power, but Gawain had that right for a reason.

She heard his bones and stepped back one step. That put him within reach. She reached over with one hand and touched his arm in an attempt to calm him slightly. She had a certain weakness for his hybrid form, well all his forms actualy, but this was not the time or place for her to be thinking those thoughts. They would play later, and maybe she would even get a night cap out of him.

But right now, it was best for him to calm down a little. She would back up her alpha male upon request, but he was in charge of this party, she wasn't going to get in his way. Someone needed to learn his place in the food chain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:03 am

Tasha had gone looking for Venis. Krys was in her room working on some files. She said that Venis had gone to the meeting hall to take care of something. So Tasha went back to her room and got dressed. She pulled out an old personal favorite. Her black spandex mini-dress with the long sleeves and the heart shaped cut out at the off the shoulder neckline. Slipping on a pair of six inch black leather stiletto heels she headed out the door.

Once she found the meeting hall she also found a scent she didn't much like. She had smelt it starting from around the stairs, but the stronger the smell got, the more she didn't much care for it. In fact, before she could even see the door a slight roar escaped her throat.

Approaching the door she heard Gawain speaking. That was her que to enter in silence. And that was just what she did. She walked over to where her friends were standing. They were with the one whose smell was off. She joined her friends, standing near Venis and out of Furball's way,

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Now these, these were even better odds and he so enjoyed odds. The vampire now took a backseat to the rest of what was going on, and who was in the room.

Another wolf. The female was there also, but she did not register much in his scale. She was a female. No. His attention was on the male wolf; and of course his prey. First, the wolf, who was getting ready for as fight and who was asking for so many answers. He saw the way the vampire had placed her hand upon his shoulder and that alone spoke volumes.

Gruntal growl rumbled in his throat and Benjamin took a step forward. Closer to the male and closer to De'Ryanna. The rise and fall of his feet on the floor heavy and his stance squared, aggressive, and dominering. "Here's what we are going to do, cub. You're going to leave with your vampire and the two of you are going to play fetch, taking the other Were with you. Then I'm going to have a conversation with De'Ryanna. Don't challenge me. You don't know me. You don't know what I am capable of doing."

A partial glance to De'Ryanna who was not far from him before he took a step back. "All of you stick your noses into things that do not concern you or are none of your affair. You must feel the need to rectify self insecurity by putting on a show of force. Once again I do not show any violence to anyone, yet you all assume the worst. "

So quick to want to put him down because he was not one of them. Pity that they were all so shallow. "The only person in this room who has a right to interfere in anything that I am here for is her self-proclaimed father. The rest of you don't matter."

He turned his attention to De'Ryanna. "Like it or not De'Ryanna, I am here for you."

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Oh, the puppy can growl, but it's teeth, they are so short....

"No, I don't know you. I don't care to know you. You, however, have no idea the levels of Hell I have passed through to make it here. Some hopped-up yearling with delusions of grandeur is not worth my time." Gawain raised his hand, closing his eyes, and allowed his third to guide his hand. Seizing the Source fiercely, he flattened the palm out, facing toward (?) Benjamin, thumb folded neatly into the palm.

(No, he isn't going to do Final Flash. Although....that would be cool...nah.)

A vertical slit formed in the air directly behind Benjamin, which spun and coalesced into a Gateway. "Go back to your master and tell him you failed. Tell him that one who stood with The Dragon Reborn stands against him. Most of all....tell him I said to leave my daughter alone, because I haven't hunted in ages, and even though I try not to, I still feel the longing for that crushing kill, the bite that flows so sweetly into my fangs, the....no. No. You must leave. Now. You have-have no idea what I can do. What I have done. Leave, or be burned out of the Pattern. Remember, the Sisters don't Gentle us anymore, especially those few of us who remained loyal and wear the dragon pin." At that point, he tied off the Gateway, and formed his outstretched hand into a fist. Fitting form for Balefire, the fist. It hammers you, burns you out of the Pattern of Time backwards. So that you were never there.

Which would suit Gawain just fine.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:26 pm

"Stop it." De'Ryanna's voice was low but not soft. Having stood their next to Armandeus she watched the banter that was tossed back and forth between Venis and Benjamin, then the arrival of her father and Tasha. She must have missed something somewhere, maybe it was in what Benjamin had said, but suddenly things spiraled out of control.

Gawain had spoken to her without saying a word and, for the life of her she could swear there was a battle about to be fought. Especially when the Source was seized. It caused her skin to prickle and shiver to go up her back. She couldn't see his Weaves - females could not see the male half - but she saw one result of it.

Benjamin before her and her father and Armandeus on either side. "Stop it. All of you." A young lady her age should not have the strength of voice she was displaying. Her voice wasn't raised, but it was sharp "Stop it."

She stepped forward between the two angry males and set eyes upon the people in the room. "He hasn't done anything to any of you. Assuming he means harm by the words he has selected to say. Is this how you treat people you don't know? If the lot of you are going to insist on acting like grade-school children then you can do it somewhere out of my sight."

Sedi did not get angry, or when they did it was best not to let it show too much. Only part that belayed her anger was the tone of her words. "And father, I'm your daughter but if you don't shut that gateway then Light help me I will cut it from you."

"Benjamin. Back off."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:33 am

Gawain's eyes shot open, and honestly, he had to fight to not glare at her. Instead, he nodded, his eyes turning steely grey. The Gateway winked out, vanishing almost instantly. However, Gawain's fist was still raised. "Ryanna, I don't know whether you could cut me off, and I don't want to know. Blood and ashes, woman, you're more like your mother than even I knew."

Oh, right. "Venis, Tasha, it's alright. If De'Ryanna says she knows what she's doing, she does. Trust me, if he jumps, he won't do so twice." ~Thanks, though. Parenthood. Sheesh. I've had meals that weighed less than her, and she actually.....bloody hell, I just backed dow....you two had better not say a word! Especially not to Dre! I would never live it down!~
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:30 am

Did she? No, she couldn't have. Yet, there she was, standing in front of him, back to him at first, and addressing the others in a voice he had never heard her use before. Honestly it was quite arousing, though this was neither the time, nor the place, to voice the thought. What a fine addition she would make to his collection, but that possibility was classified as highly improbable.

She was standing up for him? But why? Why would she do that when it was obvious to him that she did not want him there or care for why he was there.

And then she turned on him. Telling him to back down. If the other guys eyes had gone wide, Benjamin's went wider and he looked at her with a clenched and closed jaw. It took him a moment to recover, teeth separating from each other as he worked up the ability to speak. "Aso ain sene asa nosane." This time. Where the words that issued from his mouth. Nearly everyone got one chance.

He took one step back, and then another. Though his eyes stayed on the other wolf.

That man. Speaking to him as if he were a child newly come from his mothers care. He was older than that. A lot older. He was almost willing to bet that he was the oldest person in the room. Aside from the elf. He had met some ancient elves in his years.

Perhaps if he would explain himself better the people would be more at ease. Except the father. "Lord le'Cree. About five years ago two siblings, a boy and a girl, were sent to his home to be fostered, as is typical in that country. The lord wanted the best for his children but the girl, as stubborn as you see her to be, would not fit lightly into the role cast for her. Tell them De'Ryanna. Tell them why you ran away and why I am here. They might be surprised."

For now, he would wait, and calm down.
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:27 am

Venis had simply stood there behind Gawain. De'Ryanna was his daughter, so she was backup, were it one of her children, he would most assuredly back her up. It was her place at this moment. And she was sure that the puppy would read way more into it than was even necessary. But she didn't care. She knew who the alpha's were in the room. And the puppy just wasn't that high on the food chain.

"Gawain, she's your daughter. You know I respect your wishes in regards to your children as you do mine with my children. And De'Ryanna, I mean no disrespect to you. But I will say this. This place has somehow managed to fill up with a very large family. Mine. And we protect our own. So if you choose to appear as a threat to one of us, you will go against all of us."

She was growing tired of his barking. Her body temperature began to rise, Gawain would know instantly given her hand on his shoulder. She watched as De'Ryanna stopped the two men. Darn. She loved to watch Gawain in action. But he wasn't completely done, she saw his fist still clenched. There was hope for some fun yet.

She listened to what the puppy had to say, yep, puppy was going to stick, after all, they already had a furball and a furgirl. "De'Ryanna, you owe us no explanation." She was still a little 'hot under the collar', but she was second the her alpha male in this situation, so she attempted to control herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:47 am

He patted Venis' hand, and tried to reassure her without turning to face her too much. Anyway, he had just heard...oh, no he didn't.

"The children you speak of both, by blood, are mine. Tai'shar Cauthon. This Lord le'Cree, as you say, is as yet unknown to me, but my daughter spoke of him. She mentioned something about someone trying to force her to marry, as well. Wouldn't be a good idea to be that guy. Not a good idea at all. See, I've been through Hell....quite literally, in fact...to get where I am today. I'll not see everything that taught me how to be one of these humans torn away or used for pawns of political gain, and Daes Daemar be damned under the Light!" He stopped, breathing in a panting manner, sweat beading on his brow. "Let's back up and try again. I am Gawain Cauthon, father of De'Ryanna and Alexander Cauthon, husband of Airtia Shadoan, Loyal Asha'man and, finally, Lycan Alpha. I won't bore you with my age, how I came to be here, or anything else. Maybe we can ease up and sort things out............but know this. De'Ryanna is not leaving these grounds unless she bloody flaming well wants to. And then, there had better be a damned good reason, along with the God of Dog-Catchers around."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:06 am

Venis was suddenly beaming with pride. It had been a long time since she had been around Gawain and she had definitely missed his way of showing his dominance. She gave his shoulder a light squeeze, to show him she was proud of him and had his back. She had been unaware of the things going on with De'Ryanna, but they were of no consequence when it came to protecting her. So she waited. Gawain would let her know if he needed the temperature to rise. For now she would just smile ... Smile like the cat that was about to eat the canary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next