Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Catching Up -{ Open }-

2 posters

Go down

Catching Up  -{ Open }- Empty Catching Up -{ Open }-

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:22 pm

The years had been good to Titania, she no longer was just a manager at the local Starbucks, she had saved and invested wisely and she now owned her own franchised store, the very store she got her first job at. She was not one of those hands off owners, she was in the store just about daily, unless one of her babies were sick. She knew the ins and the outs of the business and her store was thriving. Sure it still was a place for people to do shady dealings but none of those dealings ended up with someone dead in her store or the back parking lot so she was good. She still lived in her grandma's old farm house, the place was all restored now, most of it by her own hands as she learned what she could and couldn't do. It took time of course because work and money at times along with raising the twins hampered but she would never regret her babies. Might have been nice to have had someone there to help raise them, to help with the late night sickness and the happy moments as well, but she was a bit selfish because when she had that time to reflect she was glad her babies were all hers.

This morning, the twins were up to their normal antics when she made sure that the Nanny was good with watching them, her Nanny was a godsend. She had been around since about the first month of the twins lives and had basically moved in. She was well paid, there was no doubt about that and since her hours were sporadic, Titania always tried to make sure if the nanny needed time off for anything or a break that she made her own schedule accommodate that, she never asked for any of the kids fathers family for any help, but she didn't keep them from them either.

Once everything at the house was taken care of T kissed both of her kids on the tops of their heads, with a be good, before she slipped out and towards her Jeep that would get her to work. She wasn't planning on spending to much time in there today but with the holidays and knowing her brother was on his way to visit from college she might get sucked into things but she wanted the time to spend with him and her kids. Not that she wouldn't be going into work but you know.

Arriving at her Starbucks which still made her smile big on the inside she pulled into the empty spot in the employee parking area, took a few moments for herself of the quietness before she slipped out of her Jeep and using her key the back entrance. Locking the door behind her, she would put her keys away into her purse, and then make her way to her office. Smiling to anyone that she would happen to meet on the way. Once she was in her office she worked on making sure that the payroll was good to go she wanted to make sure that her staff got their Christmas bonus that she felt that they all deserved, of course, it would vary due to how long they worked there, full vs part time...but everyone got a little something extra in this paycheck. With that task completed she would go out and check on how everything was flowing how it should and if anyone really needed anything. She had shift managers and even someone to manage the store but she still liked to make sure the small details were handled by her. This store had been a saving grace for her in a few ways so she wasn't going to just turn her back on it now. Once she was glad everything was going smoothly from her employee perspective she slipped around the counter to see if anything needed to be organized or not.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Catching Up  -{ Open }- Empty Re: Catching Up -{ Open }-

Post by John Asher Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:50 am

John was currently heading back from college. Finally, his finals were over, the school was going on skeleton crew and those who had places to go had gone. He was one of the sorry few who had a late final and thus was stuck in school with the rest of the saps later than any of the others. It had sucked, every minute of it but finally… FINALLY!!! He was free. No more teachers, no more books, no more teacher’s dirty looks and all that. But he was taking his freedom and hitting the road, well sort of I guess, it would seem his ride was the train in from school, and when it finally got to the station he needed to get off at, he damn near missed it! Curse his falling asleep, had the elderly gentleman that had been beside him not woke him to make room since he was at his stop he got off bags in hand and looked around. One step closer to home. And well, off to the car rental, grabbing a sweet but affordable on a college kid’s salary economy car. He knew exactly where to find her and had intentionally mislead her on the dates so he could surprise her. Oh, and a surprise it would be. He hadn’t been home since that week during the summer when he had some time between his internship for school.

John, you see was going to be a big boy one day, make his sister proud, he would say his parents, but well… once his old man split his mom sort of just opted to dip out all Peace kids, here is your Grammy behave! And he tried, mostly he had a few bouts, and more to the point his sister had done what she could and given he was older, and more mature now he needed to make sure he got his act together to make her proud. Well, that was his plan anyway in studying CAD Engineering. It would be a decent job once he was done and not to mention it helped to get his mind more focused when he could break something down or create something out of whatever he was thinking about. But he wouldn’t have to think about any of that, not for the next few weeks, he was off to harass his sister good and proper, never mind remind her how proud of her he was, she hadn’t had it easy and her and the kids could use a good break from reality with a visit from good ole Johnny boy!

Safe in that little Aveo because no one ever gets a decent economy, let’s be real here now. He remembered the way from his last trip and it only took him ¾’s the time it normally took, pedal to the medal baby! So, when he pulled into the Starbucks, because heaven forbid that girl take a damn day off he grinned seeing her Jeep there. “Figures, girl never did learn how to take a day off.” Shaking his head he parked that little tin can contraption and got out. Pulling on that driver cap, he was Marty McFrakin Fly cool. Pleather jacket that he pulled off the rack of a Goodwill store, and paid only pennies on the dollar for what it should have been worth. A pair of dark jeans a crimson red shirt which only showed off the amber of his eyes that were hidden behind the sunglasses he presently wore. Moving towards the door he slipped within and looked about, slipping the shades from his face and sliding the arm down the collar of his shirt to hold them where he could find them later.

Assaulted by the encompassing aroma of coffee he looked around the building seeing a few employees he walked over towards the front counter and smiled the most charming smile he could muster after a train, an automobile and very little caffeine in his system. “Can you tell me where I can find the owner of this fine establishment? I have a meeting with her. Tell her some tall misshapen fool is looking for her. She will know who it is.” He offered with that same charming grin flashed over his caramel skin.
John Asher
John Asher

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:35 am

Oh, when Titania found out that her brother didn't tell her the correct dates she was going to bop him one.   She had so busy to make sure that when he got to town she had everything ready and set up and here he was coming in two days early!   Two days that she figured she had time for any last minute things that came up.   Two days that she had for finishing touches!   But noooo not her little brother he had to go and show up early.

So as it was she was standing out in the lobby making sure everything was going well, arranging a display of cookies that had been ruffled by someone probably flipping through to look at the shapes and the icing effects that were different on all of them.  She heard the bell above the door jingle when people came in the store and out of the store.   Not any of that was out of the ordinary, even as she had just finished the cookies, but before she could turn around she heard that voice.  Since she wasn't expecting her brother it took a moment, for her to realize that it really was him.   And perhaps for him, he might have wished she hadn't.  

She turned around, her hands planted on her hips as she looked to her younger brother, she had him by a good two years, that made her the big sister, so she had the right you know!   “John!  What are you doing here!?   You told me you wouldn't be here for another two days!!”   But even while her words were like you are in trouble Mr. she could not hide that smile that was creeping over her features because he was her little brother.   And she and John had been through a lot, and after their older brother had been killed in the drive by the two of them got even closer.

It only took a moment after her words that had her moving towards her brother and wrapping him into a hug before pulling back.  “Bas and Izzy are going to be so happy that their fun Uncle John is back.”  She nodded towards him at that one.   And she looked to her brother.  “Follow me.”  And she smiled as she snaked her way back to her office with her brother in tow unless he refused.   And once they were in the back she looked at him and shook her head, “I really do wish I would have known you were coming in early.   I was just about to leave, my managers are trying to shoo me out.”  She grinned to him though still happy.   “I have one more little thing I wanted to do....before heading home.  Are you good?  Do you need something to drink?”  She still had that need to mother/big sister him.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Well, what’s wrong with two days early? Not like he’s going to judge her if things aren’t entirely perfect. Please. Worrying over spilled milk, just like a woman. Well, he didn’t know those were her thoughts mind you, but had he… You see when she was debating just which way to fry him, he was being all charming to the barista across the counter. Hey, he was a male, unattached and not dead. Who would blame him?! So, when he heard his sisters shrill…err sweet dulcet tones piercing his ear drums from behind he turned and flashed that big ole smile of his. “Now, is that really the way to treat your baby brother who wanted to do nothing but surprise you with two extra days of his wonderful presence? Really? So, ungrateful.” Oh, that grin was still there. And seeing her own grin he knew the trouble wouldn’t even last.

He met her with equal vigor for that hug. Despite their bickering, he loved her. They had been through too much in the past to not love her. She had been there when no one else was, she was there when Grammy passed and she had been the influence to get him off the couch, into a job and into college. Something about no good woman was going to want a broke ass scrub. He thinks she listened to too much TLC when she was younger because there may or may not have been a reference about waterfalls and chasing them too. Sisters… Hearing about his niece and nephew when they broke from the hug he smiled to her. “Well, I mean, I am the fun one.” He offered point blank. But he did indeed follow her, one last playboy smile to the barista and he was off the witch’s lair, err… Managers office.  “I promise I am good. Unless you want to give me my morning Mountain Dew, if you wanted to be that nice then I would graciously accept it.” He nodded firmly and grinned a bit as he looked about the office.

“So, what exactly is it you need to do? Or who is it you need to text to bounce out the house before baby brother comes home and gets a little spicy.” Well college had been a great experience, and some things he still thought to keep from his sister, but he was working on ways to tell her just exactly what it was that kept him occupied his freshman year for the first ¾’s and he couldn’t get home. He said it was the freshman rush to impress and set yourself at a good point for the rest of your college years. Survey says however, they report that is a lie. But when did he tell her, and how would she take it?
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Nothing is exactly wrong with it, but when one has plans and thoughts of what needs to be done for company, even if it is your annoying little brother it throws everything out the window!   So I mean there is that!   Thankfully Titania was one of those girls that had rooms already made up so when something like this happened the guest room just needed a little airing and boom it would be fine.   And that lil barista was flirting back because that was how you got the best tips!   Not that Titania was a miser but still.  And hearing her brother's response to her she shook her head and she started to grin, her baby brother because of his lack of arrival on time had caused an interesting meeting of a friend she had not seen in some time … and yet now he was coming early.  Surprises came when as he was growing up into a young man that was responsible, she couldn't be more proud not that she would tell him that!  

After the hug, she looked over to making sure all his ears, eyes, nose, and fingers were all still in one piece, hard habits you know.  And she was glad that her brother looked to be in one piece.  But yes she did give him a talk and she might have referenced TLC in it, but hey they had some good points and points he needed to hear.   No matter what happened she was always there for her little brother because she wanted him to have good influences in his life, and keeping him away from the life like their older brother succumbed too.  “That is because you are just like them only in a bigger size.”  She laughed looking to her brother, “But none the less they will be ecstatic.”  She nodded, even as she lead him off the floor a moment, so they could finish this reunion before she had a couple more things to do and start working elsewhere.  When he told her what he wanted she nodded towards him at that one.  “I will be right back … don't break anything.”  Hard habits die hard did they not.   Titania moved up front checked on what was going on, because of another of those habits, as she got a cup and her brother a mountain dew before slipping back into her office because no one needed her at that moment.   Once she had the cup in hand, a lid and a straw she went forward back into her office and handed it to her brother.   “How was the trip?”

Her head was shaking in a negative way hearing him.  “You full well know that there has not been a man in the house since the twins father.   But I am not saying there will never be another man in the house.   Bastian would do having another male to look up to besides his uncle John.”    She just well truth she never hid stuff from her little brother, not on purpose, she just might not tell him about those things that go bump in the night that she may or may not have befriended.   She had noticed some changes in her brother but she figured that it was due to college and with her brain in so many ways even when she focused on him, it wasn't as if every ounce of attention was on him, and we all knew that some things were easier to hide than others.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Meh, details. That was about all that could be said for that one. His eyes looked over the barista though, she was a cute. Might have to get her digits on the way out. Yes sir! And even if it as just for a tip, then so be it, it would be for a good tip. And she would probably be wise to not tell him that. You know, big head and all that. His eyes looked towards her while he took in a curious thoughtful gaze of the place while his sister chastised him. But they hugged and when it broke he looked towards her. No hate on TLC. They had more than a few good hits, just some lessons he didn’t need to learn with a nice beat to them. None the less, hearing her about the being just like them only bigger in size he grinned. “Well, I mean who says growing up is a requirement? I certainly never plan to full grow up.” He nodded to her while he thought curiously. “But glad they will be happy to see me. I know I will be happy to see them.” He smiled towards her, watching her a moment then looking around the office they had found their way too.

In desperate need of that sweet, sweet dew he smiled hearing she would be right back to go and get it. And while she was gone, you bet your ass he snooped a bit. Looking around the office, sniffing at the air a bit. Seeing what little tidbits, he could pick up on. Nothing really stood out which made it more surprising. She really, really needed to get out more! Upon her return and the handing of the glass he smiled and graciously took it. Sipping in a favorable amount and with an easy swallow he looked up to her when she asked how the trip was. “One vehicle short of a comedy show.” He offered as he looked to her. “Remind me next time to just rent a car and drive, might be easier on everyone,” he chuckled a bit and looked towards her. Those hues of his studied her while she spoke about the fact that he knew full well that there hadn’t been a man in the house since the twin’s father. “Maybe that’s the point sis? You do know that you can live for more than your kids and not be a bad mom.” He offered towards her. “Besides, I will be out of school soon enough and back home so I can do some babysitting” he nodded confidently and studied her a moment while he took a drink of his dew.

He…. Well there were two ways he could go about it with his sister. He could either blurt it out and then move into another hot button issue, or…Or! He could just not bring it up and all and pray to the gods on high that she never caught wind that there was something other than just this college brain going on with him. “So, how are you doing? I mean really doing? Also, you never answered my question. What is it you have to do? I’m a panther sorry you found out this way and so long after it happened, how are the twins really doing? I mean how are they in school? Doing good?” he asked her well no turning back now right? Happy holidays to you sis! You big winner you!
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:01 am

The devil was in the details don't cha know!  But it wasn't such a bad thing that her brother was there early.   And leave it to her baby brother to flirt with the girl behind the counter, not that she thought it wasn't a shock.  But well yes he was one of those guys but that was something that she wouldn't know for sure nor would Titania because he had gone off to college she was still so proud of her baby brother.   And she did hug him and then she would step back a moment and watching him and she laughed towards him.  “As long as you are doing well in college so when you get out you can get yourself a job you don't have to grow up.  Although, you are going to have to adult once you are done in school.  I do believe that is what the kids say nowadays.   Something about #adulting.”  Titania nodded towards him at that one.  She smiled softly when he was speaking of her kids she loved her kids they really were her world.  

After she showed him the office she did go and get him a mountain dew she had no clue her brother was sniffing around, literally, the office she used at the place.    And no nothing should stand out.    But when she got back she was looking towards him and he spoke and she laughed.  “I expect no less from you.”  She grinned at her brother, though, and she really was glad he was home for the holidays.  “If you rent a car for the full trip you just might not have the same fun stories to regale us with when we all sit around the dinner table.”   She said with a laugh.   But when he was giving her the mini get out there and live again lecture she well didn't say anything right off.  “I do know and when you are done and back I will take you up on that … if I can find myself a date.”   She grinned.  “Single mom of 5-year-old twins doesn't always get you the most dates.”   A shake of her head at that one.

If she would have been prepared she would have made sure the door was closed, or they were enclosed in a sound proof bubble, but no, not her brother he didn't give her any heads up.   He was asking about things and he just went and blurted....and when he blurted he would see that her eyes widened.    She whispered something that he wouldn't quite hear as a soundproof invisible bubble surrounding them.  “John you can't just go blurting that out!   I mean a lot of people are open minded but it's not something you should just flash around everywhere.”   She nodded towards him at that one, and she sucked in the breath.   But she was watching him.  “When we get home and after the twins are in bed I expect a story....the full story of how this came to be and why you didn't tell me!”  Yes, she said that.  But the bubble was gone and she had lifted her fingers to her lips in an shh sort of way.  This office did not have a camera so he was lucky for that one or she would have to play with the footage.   “The twins are not in school yet, they start next year, but they are both doing great.”  She was still going over the whole surprise I am a panther-like hey sis you know how you were born with a gift and I wasn't...well even playing field boom.   But she did expect the story once she got home.  “Just verifying that the bonus's for everyone are correct before I took off for a few days.”  She nodded about that it was what she had come in for.   “How long are you here for?  Should I put up an ad that my little brother needs a New Years Eve date?”  She shot him a grin at that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Silly Devil and those blasted details! Hey, that barista was a hotty with a body, you bet your bottom dollar he was going to be flirting with her. After the hug he stepped back and smiled towards her when she said that about doing well in college and that once he didn’t have to if he could get a good job he nodded firmly. “Well hell if that’s all I gotta do then, there oh where do I sign up?” He asked with an arch to his brow and a solid grin to his lips. “And yes it's often referred to as adulting. Welcome to the new generation.” He grinned a bit towards her. He studied her though for a moment before looking towards the shop and then back to her. “You really have made a hell of a mark big sister” not an untruth on that one, no sir!

Glad for the mountain dew, something every college kid needed first thing in the morning after an awkward train ride, duh. He flashed one of his grins that often got him out of trouble with her when she said she expected no less from him and shrugged some. “Well, I mean hey” he grinned a bit towards her and shifted slightly when she said that about it you rent a car and the fun stories he grinned wider. “No, no, sometimes Uncle John’s stories aren’t dinner table appropriate. I have been in trouble many a time for stories I try to tell” he nodded fully. You know, that lecture had been given to him a time or two as well, but he again didn’t know her thoughts. Lucky her! He’s got stories don’tchya know. However, he heard her about the when he was finished and returned she would take him up on that he nodded to her. “I hope that you do, you deserve some fun in your life, outside of the twin terrors” he winked jokingly at her. “And trust me, you still got enough junk in yo’ trunk to catch an eye or four” he nodded soundly to that one. But, not in that totally weird creepy way thank you.

Her brother looked to her as she freaked the frak out right then and there about him saying that. “Oh easy, I was quiet enough, besides we are in your office, don’t you trust the people you work with?” he asked arching his brow. “You know it’s just not good business to not trust the people you work with when you are in the situation I am in” he said rather simply as he looked over her a bit awestruck she was acting so… twitchy. “Besides, I don’t flash it around anywhere. Until I know it is safe. I’m in college, did my research, got information sought out people to help me as I learn.” I mean he wasn’t a child jeez! But her care was appreciated and he studied her a moment. But he understood her wanting him to tell her the story, something he would obviously man up and do. He just wasn’t sure she was going to like the details that went with it. But hey, she asked. “Deal, the twins hit the hay, I tell you the story” he wouldn’t push back against it. Listening as she spoke about the twins he nodded remembering that, he didn’t know, school’s changed stuff. I mean everyone got trophies now so he could see the twins being in school. However, he thought a moment and when she asked how long he was in for after she spoke about the reason for being there he smiled to her. “I don’t start back till the second week of January so, I mean… you might want to think up a few girls” a slow grin spreading his lips.
John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:17 am

The logic police and the detail payer attentioner that lucky boy having Titania as a big sister!    But she was so proud of her baby brother, he if he continued like she hoped and told him too, he would be the first to finish college in their family.  And that was nothing to shake a shoe at.   But her attention was on her brother and she nodded to him about the where do I sign up.  “You already did by continuing with school, just keep it going baby brother, and in time you will have that job that will support you so you don't have to be a grown up all the time.”  She did mean that!   The barista would flirt whenever he was around though, not to leave that out, there was flirting and looking for tips.  But when he was looking around she smiled.  “Worked my behind off to do it.   I was so lucky when they took a chance on me and hired me to work behind the counter.  Once I was in the door I was able to show them what I have, getting the raises and promotions saving what I could until I did what I did.”  She smiled though she was proud of that, it wasn't easy raising twins and working your arse off but she did it.  Not that she had much choice she had two youngings and a younger brother to help keep straight and so far she thinks she did pretty darn good.

College kid or adult that has a caffeine addiction but doesn't drink coffee same thing right.   And yes her brother was always getting himself out of trouble because well he was her brother.   And she laughed.  “No they are not and sometimes Uncle John has to be reminded that little ears pick all of those things up.”  She nodded towards him at that one and it was true.    And she was shaking her head about that and well the little ones picked things up and some of his stories she could just see them retelling the stories and no thank you!   “I love my babies.”  She said almost in defense of them, but she knew her brother loved his niece and nephew so she did her best to not take offense, even from him against them she knew he meant it in a loving way.  Her head was shaking hearing him.  “Thanks.  I will be sure to put that on the singles ad.   Don't worry my brother says I have enough junk in my trunk....”   She was laughing though because it's what she did.

She looked thoughtful.  “It's not if I trust them or not, it's if they need to know such details, this isn't always a savory place, and sometimes words slip out that they don't mean to have happen.”  Truth on that one the coffee shop still had its unsavorys that came in and she had no problem with it.  But she took in a deep breath as she watched him and then she nodded towards him and well no he wasn't a child but he was her little brother and she was protective.   But she thought of that one and she thought of that.   “I am glad you got information and found people to learn from.  From what I hear if you are on your own it is a lot harder to figure things out.”  But she was watching him and when he said deal she smiled.  “I look forward to it.”  And then he was speaking about the fact he was back until the second week of January and he was looking for girls she laughed.  “Perhaps we should stop by the Inn, they have a bar there maybe you could find someone to tickle your fancy....”  Yep she said it.  “Or we can always wait and try that tomorrow.”  She was laughing though, because who knew what one would find.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Asher Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:24 pm

He was making sure to spend more time working on the books than his tan and his body count. But well, it was a struggle cause, my man those girls, yeah it was a struggle for him! But back to the present he looked to her when she said that he already did and that he just needed to not be a dumb and get his degree. “And that time can’t come soon enough, let me just tell you, I’ve got professors I would love if they took long walks off some really short piers. Cranky old badgers,” he rolled his eyes and then looked towards the barista with a grin of his lips and a slight nod of his head, oh tips or not she would be getting a tip from him thank you. He however was reeled back into the conversation and off the barista as he looked to his sister. “Hey, you don’t have to wipe your accolades off on my sleeve, I know you are an amazing mom and an incredibly perseverant individual to have done what you have done for yourself and those kids of yours. And I know my way through college isn’t going to be always awesome. I have found that out so far, but I am making it work, and that is the most important part. Or so you used to tell me. Fake it till you make it right?” He asked with an arch to his brow.

Basically, the same thing, yeah, in essence. But he looked to his sister and grinned hearing her about the fact that no they weren’t and that sometimes Uncle John had to be reminded he grinned towards her “well, then little ears will have a jump start for later in life.” He seemed confident in that answer, no matter how inaccurate it truly was. However, he heard her say she loved her babies and he grinned some. “You would have to either be blind or a fool to not see how much you love your babies” it wasn’t a secret; her kids were her life and there was no mistaking that. However, hearing her about putting that in the ad he wiggled his brows. “Oh please, oh please let me make you a singles profile, oh please I think it would be amazing, but only after I am home. That way I can meet your potential suitors with a baseball bat so they know what they are dealing with.” He puffed his chest out, she was older but that didn’t make him any less protective of his big sister, he owed his world to her.

Hearing her about the fact that it wasn’t if she trusted them or not, it was if they needed to know and that it was unsavory. His brow slowly arched and he looked around then back towards her. “Okay, if it’s not entirely savory, just what you got going on in here Capone? I mean, what unsavory business have you gotten yourself into? Let’s not even mention that fact, of I don’t know… even more reason to have a big cat in your corner?” He well it made perfect sense to him thank you. But he looked to her, and it was a lot to process, e got that, his eyes looking over her a moment as she said he was glad he got the information. “I am a college kid sis. Doing research kind of is the one thing I do best.” He had a point there. But he looked over her and frowned “I know that this isn’t ideal, and it’s not what I had planned when I went to college trust me. But I am dealing with it, and I promise it will all make sense when I come out with the details.” He nodded to her. But he was glad to see her smile, but hearing her about the stopping by the Inn and the fact it had a bar. “Hmm, I think the bar could be fine entertainment for us both, if nothing else will give us plenty to laugh about later.” He was grinning wide to his sister as he looked over her and moved to hug her tightly. “I know you didn’t want me mixed up in all of this stuff, and I didn’t go looking to even the score with you on oddities. But here I am.” He grinned and hugged her tight to the point of almost discomfort because brothers are mean like that then kissed her brow and stepped back looking over her office.

John Asher
John Asher

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:38 am

She was very proud of her little brother don't get that twisted.  But she was a big sister and being such she had thoughts she had to speak and make sure he was good to a point, she was an unwed mother, she couldn't toss to many stones.  She was laughing hearing him speak and she shook her head.  “That does not shock me, not at all, but I am glad you are in it for the haul of school.”  She really was and she was trying not to laugh at her brother and she ignored his flirtation with the barista.   But she smiled at him and the way that it was and she nodded towards him.   “I am proud of you John for making it all work.”  She really was and there was no hiding of that.

A shake of her head when he said that.  “No, Uncle John will learn to curb it.  I don't need little Bas or Iz spouting out some of the things you say when we are in line at the grocery.   You know Grams would have boxed our ears.”  She meant that one she did still refer to her grams quite a bit.  And she did love her babies, they were her world.  She was laughing.  “I love you, John, you are a great little brother, but I fear what you would put on a singles ad for me.”  She nodded at that thought.  And yes she was the big sister but her little brother was rather protective of her and she wouldn't complain too much about that one.  She had always been there for him growing up so she was okay with him wanting to be there for her now.

But she was looking to him and she laughed.  “I don't have anything going on, I just happen to look the other way, and peace is in balance here.  It's a safe place for meetings and dealings.”  Truth on that one.  It wasn't such a bad thing that she kept herself safe because of it.”But I would never not want you in my corner lil bro.”  She meant that too and well she was watching him as he was processing things, because well she figured he did need that time.   And then she looked at him and she nodded.  “I look forward to that later.” The details of his cat transformation mind you.   But she was smiling at him and she nodded.  “So did you want to run home first so you can freshen up?”  She thought to offer that to him mind you, even as she was looking to her brother and she laughed and hugged her brother shaking her head.  “Come on let's go.”  And she would wait for him to leave with her.~d

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm

~John~
John looked to his sister, his gaze studying her own a moment before he grinned a bit. "Well, I mean, it only makes sense. The grants and scholarships all help to pay for it. Why waste it, and its really interesting things, and the ways I can create and manipulate the things I make. It just... I like it sis, its interesting to me." He smiled at her with a small smile and thought a moment as he looked around the office. "Thanks, it means a lot knowing you are proud. it's tough, more so now. But I want to make you proud, I want to be the one to get a degree and help out nd pay you back for everything." In his core, he was a good man, misguided and a bit childish at times but none the less he was doing his thing and doing it well. His eyes flickered over a few papers before they turned back towards her and he grinned about learning to curb it. "And would you ask a leopard to stop it's eating habits because it offends the sightseers?" he arched his brow, but slowly a smirk broke. "I will do my best sis, but it's gonna take a bit of learning, and yeah Grams would have boxed our ears in. Sometimes I swear she does from the beyond!" he laughed about that and looked to his sister when she laughed at him and said she loved him. Oh, that singles ad would be infamous. I mean proper and right. "So, what I am hearing from you would be a total lack of faith in your little brother's skills then? I am hurt, wounded even." Mock pain spread across his face and he gripped his shirt over his heart. "Oh, the pain of it!" Yeah, he played it up before he winked at his sister and grinned. "Just... all I ask is that you consider my take on the guy, I mean I'm a guy with a pretty good judge of character... usually." Let's not discuss his ex, yanno the one that turned him. She had good character, just not always so great self-control. Talk about a mood killer, or enhancer depending on your kinks amiright? But hats a story for later. keeping an ear out to her words while his eyes wandered here and there once more with curiosity he returned those sea blues to her. "I am glad you have this as a safe spot, and I am all the more glad you don't have anything going on here. he grinned hearing her about the being in her corner he looked over her. "You know I can take my classes online this semester, I could stick around a bit longer if I get a hold of the school and get the process started." He arched his brow offering her that little nugget. He took a drink of his almost forgotten mountain dew and looked towards the bottle a moment when she said she looked forward to it then back to her. "Just, don't be upset after I told you?" Yeah, he went there. However, at her question to freshen up he thought a moment. "Nah, I'm good, let's just go do our thing." He nodded to her and walked with her once they were moving.

~Titania~
Titania was watching her brother and she smiled to him when he was speaking of the grants and scholarships and the way it worked and she smiled.  "I am glad you like it, John.  I am really glad you are sticking with it."  She meant that she was really glad he was sticking with it and it wasn't just something he was doing to do it, but that he had a passion for it and it made his big sister proud.   Smiling as she was watching him as he spoke.  "You know I don't expect anything from you John but to be the best man you can be." She wouldn't tell him no if he wished to pay something back she didn't need it but it was a pride thing and she wouldn't hinder her brothers pride on purpose mind you.   It wasn't in Titania to hinder him, she wanted the best for him and of him, and she wasn't going to stand in his way.    She was watching him a good moment and she thought about that one and she smiled.  "No, I would not ask a leopard to stop we both know that."  She wouldn't and she had that big sister softness in her voice.   And then she was laughing at that one and she grinned.  "Oh I am sure of it, she might not be with us here anymore, but she still makes her point across quite often."  She nodded about that.   She was looking around the office she used when she came into the store and was curious if he had any words of it but she looked back to her brother.  Of course, she did love her brother, he was her rock at times and didn't even realize it, the reason she did things when she was younger before she had her kids to think of.  She bust out laughing at that one. "Oh no, dear brother, I have no lack of faith in that.   But if you get to write one for me, then I should be able to write a singles ad for you as well."  She nodded about that one.  "We all have slip ups on judging one's character." She grinned at him at that one, and well yeah they would discuss that one later, yes they would.   She was glad for this spot too.   But she was watching him, and she thought of that.  "Is that something you want to do?  I wouldn't say you can't stay and do schooling online, but I want you to make the decision on what is best for you, not what you think is best for anyone else."  She meant that she was telling him to be selfish in his schooling, but she also thought he might need the time away and she was good either way, even if a part of her would really like to have him there.   And she was watching him a moment and she looked towards him.  "I make no promises John.   But it's not like things can be changed."  Well they could but there would be ramifications and that whole playing with time she wasn't the best at it...yet.   Plus, she saw the way her brother had more confidence and she wouldn't take that away either.   And then she nodded to him, and once they got out side after her goodbyes to the staff, and the lil barista waving her fingers to John, Titania looked to him, "So follow me back to the house?"  She would wait because if he ended up staying they would have to turn in the rental car but that wasn't a bad thing, there were deals on some others if they didn't go back to sharing again.

~John~
John listened to her when she spoke about that fact she was glad he liked it. "I am, I like the challenge it gives me, and I like seeing that when I put the effort in it pays off. It's a good feeling." It was, something that took some getting used to, but he was doing well over all and he was content as punch on that. "I know you don't expect anything, but I want to." Yeah it was a total pride thing, how could it not be? However, you wouldn't hear ole Johnny Boy saying it aloud. Listening though while he was looking, taking it all in. "Your office is nice, it has a you touch to it. And smells nice too." He thought so at least, but he spoke to her about the ad and when she said that she had no lack of faith he looked at her a moment and thought curiously, but a slow smirk played his lips as he leaned forward. "We go on double dates with the ones we choose ourselves and with one we choose for each other and any others we find.... take it now or leave it." His hand shot out a grin on his lips, but he was serious. "Sometimes we do, or sometimes it's not the character that causes the issues." he offered candidly but also with a puzzley twist. But it was past and he had come into his own, and gotten comfortable in this new skin. Plus, he was pretty damn fit now and the chicks kinda dig that. He couldn't really complain much. But back the point, his gaze looked towards his sister when he suggested online and she offered her thoughts and questions. "I have toyed with the idea, do it for a semester see if I like it and go from there. I miss being back here, around you and the kids believe it or not." He swallowed and thought a moment while he looked over her. "Plus I think it might be easier to have some home comfort for a bit." He thought so at least, the dorms were okay and the parties were starting to get really good and he liked going to those and he didn't want to start into liking them to much and forgetting that he wanted to do more than party. He had already seen a few back at school living that way and he didn't want to be it. So maybe a semester from home would remind him of the reason he was going in the first place. "I'll send an email to my dean tonight while the kids are playing and get my classes switched to online. A buddy of mine can hang on to my stuff till I get back if you are cool with me crashing at your place?" He thought he should ask instead of assume, probably should have asked a smidge sooner but details. Rising form his chair he was ready to go and he looked to her and asked her not to be mad, hearing her say she made no promises he looked over her. "Well, then know going into this, we both knew it was a possibility, but it wasn't anyone's direct fault, it happened. I... I love it T." Being what he was now made him feel like he had more to give by way of help, either with keeping friends safe, or knowing there was a good burger joint close by, by smell alone he liked he could do that. And he liked a few other benefits too, but details. Slipping outside with her his gaze turned towards her as he slide some shades on and nodded. "Yeah. I have the rental for a few days, after that I plan on just buying an economy car. Been saving up so I could come home more often once I got one." See, she should be so damn proud of her brother. he could adult, even if every fiber of his being hated every minute of it.-d

~Titania~
She beamed a smile to him, and then she had to do it, it's what big sisters do.  "Awe, look at that, my little brother is growing up!"   She winked because she was amused and she thought to throw that out there and she really was glad he liked that feeling.   And she nodded to him, "Then I won't say no John."  There, she wouldn't and no he wouldn't have to admit it was a pride thing she knew it he knew it that was all that needed to be known right?  Right.   Her lips quirked upwards when he was speaking of her office and she nodded about that.   "I didn't want it to smell like a normal back room." She nodded her head towards the air freshener in the wall plug.   "Winter Candy Apples is my go to holiday scent this year."  She well she loved how it smelled and she liked to have the little things that made her days better.   She looked thoughtful but she stuck her hand out, she was sure no one would want to date a single mom of two, but hey if her brother thought he could figure it out, props to him.  Later would be the time to figure out how to get him to go out without his sister as a third wheel!   "Done."  Before her hand went back to her side waiting while she made sure mentally she had everything done so they could indeed leave.   When he was speaking of going back to school she gave a nod of her head to him.   "I do believe it and if you feel that is what is best for you, then do that."  She nodded supportively without a nudge for him to go either way.   And she smiled when he said that, about the comfort of home, she could understand that, her granny's old farmhouse was like a blanket for her, and she felt the warmth and love she had always felt going there, every time she pulled up the drive.     "That sounds good.  And I am very good with you crashing at my place.   You still have your old room ...."  Not sure if that was good with him or not surely if it wasn't they could try to figure something out for him now that he was a college guy.   But it wasn't near her own room or the twins for that matter, the twins had their own rooms but often more times than not they ended up together.   And it wasn't like if he needed he couldn't go back to school for things, and social activities, or if he needed something he had left behind.  She was quiet a moment before she looked to her brother as if she was taking it in.  "You have gained more confidence I can see it."  She meant that, and well he already knew the twins were part wolf, seeing they liked to shift as babies and growing a tail here and there.   She looked at her brother and grinned before giving him a quick hug.  "I am proud of you John."  But then she went and got into her jeep, and would wait for him to start the rental before she would pull out and even though he knew the way she made sure she didn't leave him behind.  

Once they got to the turn off she slowed just a bit, it was almost like a nice little savor of heaven for her.   Pulling the jeep in carefully before waiting for him to park and get out she moved near the rental car.  "Did you have anything you needed help getting in?"  Some habits died hard.~d

~John~
John looked to her and her smile and hearing words he might have blushed a little, just a smidgen. I mean it was nice to hear her say it, and he didn't have to caution if she meant it, she did. "Good, I like knowing you are proud" he did, it made him happy to know he was doing what he was trying to do which was make her proud of him. A nod was given when she said she wouldn't say no, he was glad and he didn't need to press the issue further, so he let it drop. "I think you did a nice job, it is nice back here. Relaxing. Lets you feel safe before you get your pink slip." He grinned about her and being a boss and he liked to joke with her, it was fun. Hearing the scent though he nodded. "I could smell the want, to be apple, but the the rest I fear was a bit hidden in the other fragrances they put in there." He had a better sniffer, so shoot him. He wasn't criticizing her, he was a pleasant smell he, just didn't know what it was other than apples. However he made his proposal and he was a bit shocked when she took his hand and agreed to it, and before she could release. "No getting out of this like the last bet we made T." he nodded to her as he looked over her, but gave her hand a firm shake and grinned a bit towards her. Hearing her Done he nodded, "Agreed" and so the deal was official and their hands lowered and he looked to her, he thought about them, the house, granny being away and he would have a car soon so if he needed to run back and grab stuff it wouldn't be so bad, he had what he needed for now and would be able to commute to the school if that was required for a test or what have you. "Done." Wow, this was easier than he thought, he just needed to remember to do it now. While he was thinking about it, he would set a reminder so he didn't forget to do that either. But the farmhouse was home, and being near his sister was as well, right now, he thought he needed that. He wanted to make sure he was settled and grounded so he didn't have to fret about losing control of himself or his beast. His eyes looked towards her when she said he still had his old room he smiled at her. "Good, I think that will work, the bed might need changing, but it will work for now." He didn't see why it wouldn't, and if it did they would figure it out. Hearing his sister though as he rose and she moved to hug him he smiled. "Thanks, T, I owe a lot of where I am today because of you. So thank you." But they both went to their cars and as he followed along he looked over everything.

Upon their arrival John took in a breath, this place filled him with memories, both good and bad and never lacked to make a small smile come over his lips. This was home, and he was sure it was what home was supposed to feel like. Instantly he could feel himself settle and relax when he shut off the car and got out he shook out the bad and stretched in the good with a deep breath. Looking over the house hearing his sister ask that he shook his head. "No, I have my bags in the trunk, was just looking everything over. Letting that feeling sink in." Letting his beast feel about just enough with his powers before they were contained and he closed the door to grab his bogs from the trunk and follow her inside.-d

~Titania~
No, Titania was not the type of female that said something merely because you wanted to hear it, nor did she say things she didn't mean.  She had never been that type of person and would never be.   So don't ask her things you don't want the answer to!   But she smiled when he was glad to know that she was proud of him because she was and she smiled towards her brother's nod, it was an unspoken agreement and she would not hinder that.    "Hey, I don't do the firing it's why I have a management team under me."  She grinned to him.   "Yes, it's rather refreshing at least to me."  She liked the apple scents and with her witchy nose they smelled rather good to her, she wasn't one to pick out each fragrance.   Oh she was sure she would shock her brother so she had to do it, it made the most sense to him, and why not, who knew what would happen right?    "I didn't get out of anything!"  Her brain was starting to race of the last bet/deal that they had made.   But the deal was done and shook on so there was that.    And it would be good to get himself a car just for such traveling, sure he could shift and travel but that wouldn't work as well, at least she didn't think so.   Not everything had to be hard, some things could come easy or easier than one thought at least. If she knew her brother wanted to make sure he was settled and grounded to better control his beast she would be rather proud of him for the adult way he was handling that too.   And she shot her brother a grin before they were in their own vehicles and making their way to the farmhouse.

Truthfully, she was glad that John had memories of the farmhouse, and how it was one of those places that just drew you back.  The happy times, the times when Grams was boxing your ears but it was because she loved you, and wanted better for you.   The time after Grams passed and Titania got the house and was in shock, but made sure her brother knew he would always have a place there with her and her family.   She did offer to help him with any bags and she smiled to him at that one.  "I know that feeling."  She did, she knew what it was like to leave the place and come back and get wrapped in the house's arms once more.  And when he was grabbing his bags, they would hear the door to the house open and close and the children's happy squeals.  "UNCLE JOHN!!!!"   And Titania laughed as her kids launched down the steps past the swing on the wide porch, and stop just before reaching him, they were learning how not to tackle uncle John when he had his arms full.  "We missed you uncle John." of course, that was little Izzy, but Bas wasn't to be outdone.  "I am glad you are here uncle John, it means I am not out numbered as badly by the girls."  Truth there.

~John~
John looked to his sister, she meant the world to him and he would stop at nothing to make her proud. He had stubbled a bit in the past, but, he was working on it. Adulting is hard, yo. But the nod was an unspoken agreement, one that would make them bound to it. Hearing her about the getting out of anything he knew she didn't remember and he wasn't going to make it easy on her by telling her, hell no. What fun would that be? Their hands shook and the deal was double done, no take backs and now he could wordsmith the poop out of a singles ad for her. Yeah he would turn them off left and right! Why? because no one was good enough for his sister. Well, we all know he is kidding he will write something amazing and hate every minute of it, but that's what little brothers do when they secretly adore their big sister and use her as a guide on how to get right with the world, nut up and adult. However, he smiled at her and thought a moment as he looked towards her. "You really okay with me being different now? Being around the kids and you?" He heard stories from friends back at school, their families all happy at first then not so keen on the idea after. He didn't pin her to be that way, but neither had they. He couldn't lose his sister, but he would never admit that. John did have memories, fond ones. He had loved Grams what he remembered of her. But she loved them and that he remembered that the most and to him that was what mattered the most. He remembered the good and the bad they had shared here, but right now he only focused on the feeling of that house pulling him in. Reminding him that this, this was where he needed to be to find his center, to gain his calm. Taking a semester back home would be the grounding he needed to settle his brain, ease his beast and get his head on right to get through the last of his schooling. His hands full after she offered he heard the door and knew that sound. He had braced for them to jump, hands full and all and when they didn't he grinned wider. "Well, if it isn't to two cutest little mcnuggets I have ever seen in my life!" he set his bags done unable to wait a moment more and scooped them both up into a massive hug. Their scents were youthful and full in his nostrils and they only settled him more hugging each of the rugrats tight before he set them down. "Why don't you see if your mom needs help with anything while I get my bags settled in my room. Then I will bring down the presents I may or may not have brought you, and because your mom said you little troublemakers have been up to no good, I guess you deserve them." he winked at them with another hug he let them go then grabbed his bags and looked to his sister. "I needed this" it was a simple phrase, but it held more, a thank you for always being there, and for the kids she had, and for being her. She would learn later perhaps why it all was so... important to him now.

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 pm

~Titania~

John did make his sister proud but let's take a moment and be honest here, no matter what John did the fact that he did not fall into the shoes of their elder brother made Titania very proud of the man that John was becoming.  If she lost John to another senseless gang shooting she wasn't sure what she would do, but thankfully her baby brother was doing things the right way.   Of course, why make it easy on your FAVORITE big sister, nooo meanie head John.   But yes, her brother and she were close and they had a deal now, a double done deal if you will.   And she was going to have fun trying to get her creative juices flowing for a singles ad for her brother, that she would be posting at the Tel'Ran in and at Starbucks because double the viewing power!  But when he spoke she blinked.  "Of course I am John, you are still my brother and still their uncle."  And she smiled, though. "It's not like the kids don't have their own little furry secret."  She knew he knew about them, and he never outed the fact that his niece and nephew happened to be  wolves, and that his niece was a budding little witch.   The house did have it's way about it did it not, just kind of sucked you in and let you know you were home, even as it kicked your butt with the memories as they came racing back.   As the door opened and the kids came running Titania really had no clue what her little angels were going to do and when they pulled up short, let's be honest she was shocked and happy at the same time.  And they were good both Izzy and bas not that they wanted to be oh no, they were both itching to get hugs from their favorite uncle.   Okay to be fair he was their only uncle that was known about but that meant he was the favorite right!   And when he picked them up they squealed with happiness and delight and hugged him back tightly, Uncle John was normally the only male influence the kids had in their life.   They chorused in sweet children's voices. "Okay, Uncle John."  And when he set them down Titania smiled as they rushed over and hugged her legs.  "Mommy do you need help with anything?"  And Titania looked thoughtful.  "Let's go get the table ready...then we can figure out dinner while you guys play with uncle John?"   And the kids nodded and rushed back in, and Titania smiled looked to her brother. "Welcome, Home."  And she would be good as they walked inside the house, and later she would learn more, she was good with having to wait.  Sometimes it worked out that way.

~ John ~
Well, yeah that’s a true statement there. But, they had a deal, a double done deal and oh no, he would make this singles ad and make it so she did hook a guy, maybe even a good one. Hopefully, she could use the help and he knew she could use the 'happiness', and he would be sure to put hers up on every tree and post and public buildings he could, I mean she was an old hag now, she did need all the help. Har har... His eyes settled on her when she said she was and that he was still her brother and their uncle and those were facts he couldn't disagree with, his gaze lingering along her own while he was thinking curiously about things. "They do, and I know they do, I just wanted to be sure. I have heard a lot of stories, I didn't want to be one of them." Not an untruth there. Once they were at the house and it sucked them in, he smiled slowly and looked over her with a bit of a grin before looking to the house, and when the kids came out he braced and when they didn't jump he couldn't be prouder. Hugging them tight, their laughter was music to his ears and something he had longed to hear in person for a long time, those hugs and those giggles would soon fade and he would cherish these memories with the rugrats forever. But setting them down he grinned watching them listen to him without even a second thought he looked between them and his sister with a pleased smile.  Watching them rush back in and hearing her welcome him home he looked at her and then over the house. He wanted this, a home, something of his own that he could get this feeling from. And it was another reason he wanted to be here, it would help him with getting through that hump of school that was lulling over him and driving his focus to start to fail him. Something he couldn't afford now that he was what he was. But heading inside, he took his things and went to his old room, looking about the trinkets with a fondness of the memories they conjured. Setting his duffel bag down he fished out the few things he had grabbed when he visited a few of the surrounding cities he had ever been to while at college. One bag for Bas, and one for Iz he headed downstairs and grinned while he looked for the kids. "Everyone do what your mom said?" he asked them? When they answered whether they had or hadn't he would hand them the bag, a few shirts, some stuffed animals and some trinkets for them to drive their mother nuts with, you're welcome.

~ Titania ~
Well, of course, it was a true statement!  And they had their deal and she well had no hope for that, because as he said in his thoughts there, she was an old hag with kids.   It was like a curse fell upon her head when she got pregnant.   But she could use a little happiness she would never deny that one.   Truth because of the changes he went under did not make him any less her brother, did not change how she felt about him, or make her any less proud of the man he was becoming.  It was all a part of him and she was glad for it.   She shook her head as she looked towards her brother.  "You will never be one of those stories John, you are my brother no matter what happens, always and forever."  She meant it he was her brother and nothing would change.     Everyone should be proud those kids didn't just jump up on him, and she was glad for that one.   And every thing changed with time so they would all need to take the moments and keep them saved in their minds for later.   Once the table was set and uncle John was back the kids smiled towards him and they both nodded as he asked. "We did."   And when they got the bags from him they smiled.  "Thank you, uncle John." Once more in unison, before they went to dig around the bags.  Thanks John!  Ahem, but after the kids got to play and see their new things, they had a nice family dinner the nanny had a date so she was leaving and would be back later, seeing she lived in the house as well.   And the kids both got baths and tucked into bed, with a story from uncle John that was not too spicy for them.

Once everything was settled Titania looked to her brother and nodded towards the door, the old swing on the front porch was a favorite of hers and it had room for more than just her or he could take a rocker, a regular chair or the railing...lots of options. Once they were outside, she had her glass of lemonade and looked to her brother, waiting for him to have a seat.   "I figured it would be best to talk out here."  She was watching curious what he thought of that.

~ John~
John looked towards her with a soft smile while he was looking over things. He would make sure that she got a bite at least, he had to try, as long as she didn't sabotage him all would work well. And he would make sure to get a good picture of her for it as well. See, isn't he a doll? In life, John did seem to be having a good way of things, he was finding his own way if you will. His gaze shifted along her own with a soft smile at the thoughts of his sister and what they had been through, however, he looked towards her when she said that about the fact that he would never be one of those stories he smiled to her a bit more because he believed her, he honestly did. "Good to hear, I mean I sadly kinda look like you, it really hinders me." he winked playfully towards her as he chuckled a bit more. his eyes lingered over her own while he studied her a moment in thought. But he adored her kids and when they thanked him for the toys he smiled to them. "Any time kids." But he did have dinner and he read them a story before they were tucked into bed.

Once the kids were in bed, John went and changed into a shirt and a pair of sweats, and when he looked to his sister and she nodded to the door he followed easily. Once they were outside, he had a lemonade as well mind you he looked to her as he moved to lean against the railing of the porch, looking over her a moment as she said it would be best to talk out here. His eyes lingered on her a moment then turned to the porch while he figured out where to start. "I heard there were... things that bumped in the night on campus but they tended to stick to their own so I never worried about it. But I went to a party at the frat house near my dorm. I figured it was close, I could get hammered and walk home. So I went, I didn't know that there would be shifters there but there were, and her name specifically was Amia. Sis, she was incredible, I mean, her voice was enough, then you add in the intelligence and her eyes... I asked her out right there, she laughed at me, and I got her number at the end of the night." he quieted a moment and took a drink of his lemonade looking towards her. he drew in a slow breath and looked about once more while he continued. "We had a date a few days later and after that it was rare we weren't around one another, a few days after things got hot and heavy, we were drunk, she didn't tell me she was a shifter, in hindsight, maybe she wasn't so drunk, but again. It's the past." he offered towards her while he was thinking curiously. "Regardless, before we knew it we were in my room, on my bed and lost in enjoyment, a bit to lost. She... well... the moment the fireworks went off I was getting thrown to the ground and nailed along my back. her beast got one bite and two slices down my back before she gained control and shifted. She didn't want trouble so she had a doctor friend stitch me up" he paused a moment and looked towards his sister. "She told me what she was, told me it was possible, I called her a slew of names that Grams would have washed my mouth for weeks with, and then kicked her out. I saw her around campus a few times before it happened, I began to feel weird, needed to know what it was, I called and she explained it and helped me through it, told me who to talk to that would help so it wouldn't be weird if she did it. I was grateful, and she transferred the next semester since then I have been working on getting control, which brought me here. I was starting to lose control and I know being here will help me get it back, another reason I want the online semester.

~ Titania ~
Titania would never sabotage her brother, no she would not, she would do her best to find someone for him.  Especially if he was going to be hanging out around here, it was the least she could do.   She wanted her brother happy and someone that wouldn't take his attention off of school completely, though, she had a list in her head.    And after she reassured him about the not going to desert her brother, he was her brother and to her, that didn't change because his make up did.   And the kids were happy Uncle John was there so that was even better.  Once they were outside she was sitting in the swing and watching her brother, not intently but more with curious how was the story going to go.   She was letting him take his time before he started to go onto his story of how he became a panther.   And she would nod her head here and there as he spoke and well the fact she had been close to losing her brother, but she let him continue.   When he had it all out, because she had not wanted to stop him during his story she looked thoughtful.     "Are you still in contact with Amia?"  It was a good question. "After you shifted she left, was that what you both wanted?"   Because she was curious maybe there was a miscommunication there and this Amia didn't want to leave or he didn't want her to leave, she was wondering how her brother took this all in and she was clueless about it.  She took him at his word that he had school stuff to do and she felt a bit foolish that she missed this.   That she had not such a good clue of what her brother was going, though, and she wasn't able to be there for him.   Yes he had manned up and he made it out okay but for her, she was used to being there for him, and this was new and was going to take some time.  She lifted the glass and took a drink.  "Do you think being here will let you center yourself so you can get back to where you need to be?" It was a valid question.

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:31 pm

~ John ~
John looked to her once they were on the back porch and he had given his story, his eyes looking over her a moment as he took in a slow easy breath. He was, well he had had a lot to take in so quickly he had really pushed it all into a box to deal with when time permitted, now it was all pulled back up to the surface, looking to her at her question he nodded. "She is the one who made me, she has a sense of responsibility to it so she keeps in contact. And, it was a mutual thing, I would never be able to fully trust her given she couldn't even tell me something as important as oh hey, I may or may not lose control and turn you into something you had no intention of being in the first place. And I don't know if I loved her, or if it was just infatuation and I am okay not knowing." he offered, he looked out a moment and took in a breath then turned back to her and grinned a bit. "Before you ask we had a long discussion about it, multiple times. It was rather adult, but she felt terrible and I had trust issues with her, it would be doomed from the start. When she is in town and I am single we meet up for a night then go back to our lives." he shrugged, and he wasn't trying to make her feel bad for not being there, watching her face he thought a moment. "Don't feel bad for not knowing, I didn't want you too. I gave my dorm mate strict instructions not to call you. You had enough to deal with here with the kids, I didn't want you worrying about me." He offered as he looked towards her a moment. he stood up and looked to the lemonade a moment taking a drink before he looked to her and shifted after she asked that question about the being there. The sleek fur of his panther shown in the light silky and smooth as he leapt onto the railing of the porch and looked towards her absently flicking his tail as he spoke with a slight awkwardness to it. "I think this is where I need to be." He offered turning his gaze towards the moon.

~ Titania ~
She had listened, no interrupting, so that had to go a bit better than he thought it would?   Because she listened and she tried to be understanding.  Things happened, and sometimes you got carried away, and well then other things happened.  Unwed mom here, to twins, that were wolves.  So you could say she got things happened.  A nod of her head.  "It's good that she is in contact, and that you two had an adult conversation about everything."  She meant that so many 'adults' couldn't have adult conversations so kids in college she was glad for that one.  The lack of trust she could get that one, that was probably something that if you weren't sure you could control it you should have mentioned.  And if he was okay not knowing who was she to try to say he needed the answer.   She thought that it all sounded rather adult for her brother and it was odd that sense of wow I did something right with him.   And she well she did but she nodded to him at that one.  "You are my brother, I will always worry about you, I don't know what I would have done if I lost you." Truth.    But she was drinking her lemonade before her brother shifted and she looked over to him.  "I am glad you think so.   And don't worry about shifting on the property the land is guarded by a spell, to keep the kids safe.  So as long as you stay on our land your fine."  She nodded.   "Although I am sure that at some point while you are home the kids would love a run with their uncle if you think you can manage it."  She meant that one.   She was watching him in his shifted form, he really was a nice looking panther but she wasn't sure about this side of him how much was he an animal and how much still her brother?

~ John ~
He looked over her a moment because she was quiet, she did let him get it out, and I have to say, he was more than a bit pleased but also taken a back by it all. And if anyone could get it, she could, and thank god for that because it was important to him that he get it out, she knows his side and that she understood that it wasn't something that he did and then didn't figure it out. he wanted her to see he took care of it on his own, he was proud he had done so, and he should be. Hearing her about Amia staying in contact he nodded to her. "We didn't at first, I won't say I wasn't a child at first, I was pissed, she turned me. She made me something other than me against my will. I was angry, but then I thought about her side of it, once the anger settled, and how she must feel knowing she did something she couldn’t take back to another human being. So, I settled down and we had a few conversations about it, about us, she made sure I was set, and understood everything, got me in contact with people, I found other people." He looked over her a moment as he was studying her, taking in how she was responding to it all as he looked out over the night as he took in a breath. "I am glad I have you for my sister." he turned and smiled to her some before it faded as he thought. "When I was going through my first shift Amia got my test and came to my dorm.
She and my dorm mate got me to a place she knew shifters were safe. I guess the first one is the worst one. I blacked out a few times, but she was there and said I kept mentioning that I let you down. I guess I didn't want to tell you till I could be here, telling you everything all at once." his gaze turned over her a moment. "I wasn't going to let that happen, so don't you worry about that." He was a bit too confident, but he tried. But he shifted and he was looking about as she said that about the property. "I was pretty sure that would be the case given the kids and their pension for shifting, but a run with the kids would be fun, and I think it would be a good thing for them to have another to run with. What's the odds of running outside this land? Be careful or don't do it?" he asked as he watched her watch him. He studied her eyes as she watched him, lowering from the railing he moved towards her, it was slow and predatory as he stalked and settled before her and sat. "I wouldn't come until I could control him without a doubt. I wouldn't put you or the kids at risk. I can now, but being here, gaining the calm, that will ensure it." He offered as he looked over his sister with those same colored eyes his human half had but these were predatory and intense, but still displayed the softness he would always carry for the woman who helped raise him and teach him good from bad.-d

~ Titania ~
She was watching him and she was quiet in that response as she listened, it was a good thing to let him get it all out.  Glad that he had got it taken care of she was, before he came home, though if he had called she would have been there for her brother, no doubt about it.  She did see he took care of things and she was proud of him for that one, and a bit proud that he didn't freak her out with a panicked phone call.   And she was curious about the girl and her brothers' feelings which they had to expect.   She felt her lips quirk into a smile when he was saying he was a child at first but that they did work it out.  "I am glad that you were not on your own for that."  Truth on that one.  "Me too." She was glad he had her as his sister too, and she was watching him when he was speaking of the first shift.  "Is your dorm mate a shifter too?  Or just someone that is friendly towards shifters?"  Yeah she was worried about that one.   "I am sorry that you feel ...or felt that you let me down, John.   You haven't."  She thought to add just in case he needed to hear that.  When she told him earlier she was proud of him she was even after hearing he was a shifter.   He had shifted though and she was watching him a good moment when he was shifted into the panther form, not sure how he would be, but she still felt as if it was her brother.   And she was noticing the eyes were about the same and she was thinking.  "Yes, I think the kids would love it.  Outside of the land, is a be careful.  I would wait until you are more comfortable with the area again. "  That was just sisterly advice. "But the lands that are protected do have natural...feeding for you on them." Other wild animals she didn't want to hear about it but she knew that shifters needed such.  She looked thoughtful a moment.  "No, I understand that that you wouldn't come here if you thought you might injure myself or the twins."  She did understand that one and she smiled at her brother.  "Everything will be fine John.   It will work out the way that it needs too." She meant that.

~ John ~
He looked towards her, his eyes shifted along her own a moment in curious thought before he looked back towards he view off the porch, he loved his house and this view, and he could see himself planted out here many a night watching the stars. After it all happened he made wanted to take care of this on his own. he had gotten himself into this and he would get himself out of it, and he had. And the experience had made him grow, forced him to see things outside himself, thingit had been hard and he had wanted to tell her, but he hadn't and he wouldn't if he did it again. it was what he needed to learn how to be a man. "I am too, Amia was a good woman, and she meant well after the fact. Had that issue not been there I don't know how it could have ended up, but I know me, and trust is a huge thing, and I wouldn't ever fully have that with her again."He had thought about it, a lot before they did make up their minds fully. And as he said they kept in contact, when she asked about his dorm mate he nodded. "He is a lion, so he got it. He helped me as well, helped me figure out how to control my shifting. I missed a few classes, had to explain I had an accident and bust my ass all the more to catch up, but I am here and doing good still." he smiled to her. The words that he hadn't let her down he looked to her and the smile was pure, he was glad he hadn't because it was true he was worried she had. Having shifted though he looked over her and when she said that about the feeding he chuffed at the thought of a hunt, he would have to do that and soon, the hunts were one of his favorite things, it might be a slight high for him. Slipping before her though he looked to his sister as she spoke about the kids and the fact they would like that he nodded some to her. "Then I will make sure to go on runs with the kids as often as possible while I am here, I think it will be good to take them for runs and hunts." he really did think it was a good thing, and when she said that about the understanding and he looked to her when she finished speaking and she said it would be fine and it would work the way it needed to he took in a slow breath and nuzzled her hand before he turned and moved to leap onto the railing then shifted human as he sat there on the railing and looked over the stars a moment while he took in a slow breath. "You really doing okay sis?" he asked looking over his shoulder towards her, turning to lean his back against the pillar while he looked to her.

~ Titania ~
Her gaze was on her brother and it wasn't the creepy way it was there as she was taking it all in, and she was watching his expressions sometimes they gave things away.   But she was glad on how the way that it all worked out and the stars out here were beautiful.  No, he needed to do it on his own, and that was part of what helped him grow and stretch into the man he was now.  Responsible.   She was nodding when he was speaking of Amia, she was glad that they had contact and that she did try to help him but she understood it all.   "I am glad your dorm mate was able to be of assistance as well."  She was that could have been horribly awkward.  She heard him though at that thought of the hunt, and she packed that away for a little bit longer.   But she looked to her brother in panther form and she gave a nod of her head. "They will enjoy that and I will too!  Hopefully, it will help them burn some of that energy that they use to bounce around everywhere." Truth!   She did think everything would work out the way that it was supposed to work out.  She smiled to her brother who had shifted back to human form.  "Yes. I promise I am doing good.  I just wanted to know what had happened.  Thank you for sharing with me John."  She smiled as she stood up and moved and hugged her brother.   "Don't ever forget you are my brother and I love you and I am so proud of you."  She said before she stepped back.   "Though the hour grows late and the twins wake up early....so I am going to turn in.   You can go on a hunt tonight if you wish if it will help you get sleep...or you can wait your call it's okay if you want too."  She smiled.  "And the door still works the same." It was locked but not locked he would be able to open it without a visible key.~d

~ The End ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down