Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

How I got in the Trunk....

Go down

How I got in the Trunk.... Empty How I got in the Trunk....

Post by Epiphany Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:25 pm

[ Greetings! This will provide the backstory to the thread The Mael-man. Written in First Person! Enjoy! ]

It is said that hindsight is 20/20, and though I'm not a fan of your average cliché, when they stare you in the face, it's almost ironic. In this case I wish I had been a fan, then maybe I wouldn't find myself stuck in suspended animation, inside this otherworldly trunk.

How this happened is a story in itself.

The sun had begun to set, Susan and I were cleaning the large bell in the east bell tower of the church. It was an Initiates job and, even though I continued to refuse to take the Vows, Susan was a dear friend and I never minded working with her. We wore our heavy cloaks, cowls drawn up to help stave the wind off our faces. From this height the wind was harsher than on the ground and a false step could result in falling off the rickety beams but the work still had to be done. The cold didn't bother me as much but I saw Susan shivering.

I loosened my cowl and started pulling it off. "Here," I stepped carefully around the large bell and held the cowl out to Susan. "You'll be warmer if you're wearing both."

"No. No, you keep it. You may need it." Susan moved away from me and began furiously polishing the bell.

I followed her. “You’re shivering.” I insisted. Closing the distance between us and capturing her from behind in a hug. It caught her slightly off guard and she faltered forward on the boards but braced herself on the bell. Susan tried to sound aggravated as she huffed, but I could hear the beaten down laugh that rested within her chest.

Susan drummed subbed nails on the bell, the dull tinkling sound waifed through the air. “Why won’t you hug me normally, like you use to?” She asked.

“Susan...”

“I’m serious,”
Susan said. She put her hands over mine; I could feel how cold they were so I tightened my hold. Susan was bigger than me in way of curves. If she hadn’t taken the Vows she would have had her fair share of suitors and probably married by now. “Ever since you’ve come back, from wherever it was you went two years ago, you’ve barely been able to look me in the eye. Or anyone here at the church. The others may be oblivious, but I’m not. Why won’t you tell me what happened? Please, Epiphany.”

Susan was ruining the moment. All I had wanted to do was warm her up the best that I could under the circumstances and she wanted to bring up the past. I didn’t want to talk about it. I sighed into her back and wormed my hands free of hers, taking the cowl and wrapping it around her neck before I moved away. I didn’t answer her because I didn’t know how, instead I went to pick up my polish kit I had left on the other side of the bell.

The wind picked up and, without the protection of the cowl, strands of my golden pale hair freed themselves from my braid and blew up to press across my face. I could feel her watching me and for a moment I felt a tinge of guilt over keeping my friend in the proverbial dark, but I had my reasons.

I put on a smile and stood, even pushed out a soft laugh as I turned to face her. My voice was light and playful as I spoke. “Looks like we’re all done up here, let’s go before we freeze, okay?” I didn’t wait to hear her answer because I knew a scowl and frown were going to be on her face.

Usually, when I stay late and clean the bells, I spend the night in the dormitory with the other Initiates, but after what happened I didn’t think it such a good idea. I quickly put back the polish kit and headed for the entrance. On the way out I crossed paths with Susan. I was right, the frown was on her face but she was concerned as well. Offering up a bright smile I waved to her and left the church.

I continued to smile all the way through the grounds and until I passed by the metal front gates, then I ran. I needed to quickly put as much distance between myself and the church as I could.

TBC.....

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

How I got in the Trunk.... Empty Re: How I got in the Trunk....

Post by Epiphany Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:24 pm

I played in these woods since I was a child so I had no fear of getting lost. In the ever growing night I could still see clearly thanks to the special gifts that I possessed.

I kept running until I reached the darker part of the woods that were thick with evergreens and bushes that retained their leaves even in the cold seasons. There was an alcove made from the trunk of a large fallen oak, and this is where I went. Settling inside of it I hugged myself, arms wrapped around my knees, and took deep calming breaths. Eventually, I feel asleep.

A few hours had passed before I woke from the uneasy sleep, by then the sun was fully swallowed by the night. I felt dizzy as I stood up and stretched out my legs. I could have stayed in the alcove, but I thought it would be wiser to continue on just in case Susan slipped out of the Church and came looking for me.

While walking through the woods I saw a gleam of light far away in the distance; it was faint and yellow, like a campfire. I couldn’t smell anything, and my curious nature started to rise to the surface. Taking care, I went for a closer look. The nearer I got I was able to pick out subtle things: it was a campfire, I could hear the faint crackling and smell burnt wood in the air. There was something else as well, something sweet, and it made me lightheaded. I should have stopped, but I couldn’t help myself. I was compelled to continue towards the fire.

Soon I had arrived. It was only a campfire set in a patch of dirt, no signs of the one who made it or the object of that sweet smell. I stared at the fire and fell to my knees before it, I was so close that the flames threatened to lick my face. By now, I was so wrapped up in the fire and the smell that I couldn’t see or hear anything but them. The world around me was still. Then I heard a voice inside my head, it said “The Darkness gives way to the Light.”

I didn’t understand what that meant, but it continued to repeat over and over, until, suddenly, I felt the point of a sword pressing against my back.

The fog that had clouded my mind started to dissipate and my mind was racing with what was going on and how I could get out of it. These woods were home to the occasional ingrate, but I was not going to be a victim.

“Your judgement is upon you.” The voice was strong and deep.

Panic started to well up in my chest and my hands balled into fist as they rested on my knees.

“Who are you that you should judge me?” I spoke as calmly as I could but what he said struck a cord of anger. He was so brazen in what he said with a lot of conviction in his voice. I was no ordinary person to be judged.

“In your heart you know who I am.”

He hadn’t moved the sword. I closed my eyes and took in slow and steady breaths. He was right, I did know who he was and that realization scared me. He would not have come unless the situation was dire. I couldn't help thinking that he was sent to deliver my death.

My silence was taken for acknowledgment and he spoke again. "Darkness cannot abide in those of the Light. Either you accept the judgment I bring, or your Light dies."

TBC....
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down