Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Merchants and Gateways

Go down

Merchants and Gateways Empty Merchants and Gateways

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:02 pm

It was another day at the Market, nothing to out of the ordinary for the morning. People were traversing the vendors, picking through wares, and the merchants themselves were bellowing out to the throng about their items being better than the next cart or haggling with customers. Vagabond children slyly slipped out and about to see what they could pick out in the busy environment and the City Guards tried to look important as they made their presence known. In all of this Ryanna was engaged in quite a pointed talk with the merchant of one of the fruit carts, a bag of strawberries in her hand. The merchant - a sun-tanned and burly man who looked better suited for a furrier than fruits - stood tall with his shoulders squared and arms crossed. A hard frown etched on his lips. "You owe me much more than the trifle I have here."

While De'Ryanna seemed to have been in the mood for fruits, Rodry on the other hand had been on his way to the butcher. While the inn provided more than passable fare, he felt that it would be far more to his liking to purchase his own ingredients for his dinner. Besides, requesting his peculiar choice on how his meat would be cooked would no doubt raise questions as well as brows! His cane and aged appearance gifted him a bit of space in the crowd, considering most who saw him made way for the elderly appearing fellow. Bright eyes were peering over the crowd, while his ears were listening for the sound of any interesting wares being hawked, as well as the tell tale light shuffling tread of a nearby pickpocket! Imagine his surprise when his triple point stride carried him past a cart being manned by a fellow who looked more like the riff raff that the guards should be shooing about rather than a legitimate merchant. Usually they were either old and gone to fat or young and optimistic about their eventual standings in life. His eyes had glanced over the fellow, though his passively intimidating stance had his eyes twitching their way to the recipient. Imagine his surprise when it was Ryanna who was at the receiving end of this offensive look? "How much for the cherries?" Distraction? Honest curiosity? One had to wonder considering he had quite pointedly interrupted their conversation!

This man had no trouble in looking past the annoyed girl in front of him to take the question from a new client , even if said girl had also turned to the owner of the voice to give them a rather pointed look. "Two Silvers." That was all. No mention of how many he would get for the silvers, only that they were that much. De'Ryanna's looked to Rodry softened only a little bit, but not enough for the merchant to think that they knew each other and were working together. Which is why, after that, she snapped the fingers on her free hand. "And what about my berries? I'm still waiting to get my due of them." The merchant huffed and moved away towards where there cherries could be seen and on display and..there were not any bags or baskets to be seen for the person to do their own pickings.

Rodry had long ago learned that appearances weren't always what they seemed to be, especially considering the fact that he himself could be considered a poster boy for the adage! Well, the fellow sure was brusque enough for a merchant, though his gloved fingers were reaching out to check on the plumpness of the cherries in question. Even if Ryanna's apparent trouble with selling to the merchant left his lips parting briefly. "Oh are those fine berries of yours for sale? I had thought that they had come from this cart." Glancing over the stock, looking almost forlorn for a moment at what he saw. "I had thought that you had picked all of the best strawberries for yourself!" He dropped the cherry he had been inspecting back in the cluster of the small fruits, instead turning to pay Ryanna attention. His sensitive senses had tipped the contents of that bag do him, even if he was holding out a hand as if to take them. "You wouldn't mind if I perhaps perused them before you sold them to the merchant would you?"

The merchant didn't look all to pleased at Rodry touching over the produce as he had been, like he didn't want anyone to touch or dig to far into the things that were on display. This was demonstrated by how fast the man was able to move his arms from their folded stance and whack a thieving boy on the knuckles who was trying to lift an apple from the far side. "No touching the product before I have your coin!" Very pointedly said to the boy, Rodry, Ryanna and anyone else who was in the vicinity and looking over the laid out fruit. "I gave you my money and have yet to see my bag filled!" Ryanna said as she held up a bag that was barely a third full.

He would just have to get over the fact that he was going to be feeling over the produce. He wasn't about to buy rotten fruit just because a merchant seemed to not like others 'trying before buying'. Rodry however had kept the cherry well within sight, rather than popping it into his mouth or anything! The mans quick strike at the boy had his eyes narrowing faintly, even if he was turning back to Ryanna, having paused in what he had been about to say by the mans sudden movement. Good thing too or else he would have looked quite foolish! "That’s all you were given for two silvers? That hardly seems worth even a single silver." Though for all he knew she might have paid even more for the fragile strawberries! The old fellow glanced back towards the merchant briefly, during which time he eyed the fellow up and down. "You should be ashamed of yourself, cheating a woman that way. Would you have cheated me so badly? An old man?" Rodry couldn't exactly play the 'poor old man' card, considering he was dressed as finely as usual! However, he could see whether the fellow had any heart. "You should get your money back, there must be another fruit cart willing to make a fair trade for their wares. I mean look at this fruit anyhow?" Idly trailing his fingertips over the apples where the boy had been lurking. Picking one up, which was shriveled and dark in spots. His fingers had left in their wake what could only be described as a rotting pestilence that was in appearance only, the faint blue glow that had been hidden by his fingers quickly dissipating. "I wouldn't give a bent copper for half of your stock.

Being said by an old man or not, this burly merchantman didn't seem to take to kindly to Rodry's tone! Hands fisted he leaned on the ledge his stand provided him on the other side and he leaned forward. "Are you calling me a cheater." The merchant's eyes narrowed and he was looking right at Rodry. "That's what you very well are!" Ryanna piped in, she didn't want to see the man's anger all directed to Rodry. Of course, with anything, when people started to raise their voices in the not so friendly way, people too notice. In this instance, it meant that the other people in the Marketplace started to pay attention to what was going on at this particular stand.

"If you took two silvers from this young woman then gave her that pitiful amount of fruit in return then by all means. You don't need to be called one, I think that the proof speaks for itself. Excuse me Sir." Reaching out to snag the shirt sleeve of a man passing by. Shoving the apple into the man’s face. "Would you pay two silvers for this?" Considering it looked about as appetizing as something you would step on in the street, the answer should have been obvious. Though Rodry did drop the apple, his eyes glancing the man over briefly. "You are a cheat, Sir." The latter spoken with mockery in his tone. Rodry didn't approve of anyone who took advantage of other people like this man was. Especially when he was also swatting at children who were doing naught but trying to get what they needed to survive!

The merchant looked appealed when Rodry grabbed up one of the apples, even more appealed when said apple was shown to a random guy on the street! Maybe not as shocked as the fellow who was suddenly pointed out but he was shocked nonetheless. Ryanna didn't quite like the feel of things in the air, though this did not keep her from picking a handful or two more of the strawberries that were there and stuffing them in her bag. To ask her, she wasn't stealing, she was getting what she was owed. Besides, the Merchant was busy getting around his cart and making his way to the other side ot confront Rodry. "Ya old geezer! I don't care if you're ancient, I said hands off!" Getting his large shape around the cart. the people in the crowd looking and starting a circle of a short. This drew the attention of the city guard. who were coming. "I'll show you to lay hand on things! " As the merchant went to lay hands on Rodry!

Perhaps it was that instinct that was tipping her off to danger, for that faintly ozonated scent in the air was reminiscent of a gathering storm! Rodry was on the other hand licking his lips and those sharp eyes of his were watching the merchant who suddenly seemed to be getting agitated beyond what would be considered acceptable for simply showing off what appeared to be a bit of rotten fruit! Though the fellows’ sudden sharp words left thick brows slowly lowering, lips parting momentarily in what was unmistakably a snarl. Being called old didn't bother him for he ... was old. It was implying that he was feeble or one who would allow another to push him around. Eyes darted into the crowd, catching sight of the figures that were trying to push through the tide of humanity, though his attention returned to the man who was crossing the suddenly empty expanse between the two of them. "If you think your going to hurt me, I might warn you to think on what your doing..." Giving him fair warning, though Rodry was suddenly slinging the quite solid apple at the mans face more of a distraction than anything else! It was meant to cover the sudden lunge that was made at him, cane held across his body at arms length parallel to the ground. Surprisingly agile for an old man considering the jump was more vertical than a sudden forward lurch, using the momentum to try and overcome the big mans current weight advantage without having to resort to anything that might seem .... too unusual!

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Merchants and Gateways Empty Re: Merchants and Gateways

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Yeah, that's right.. the man had called Rodry a geezer because, well, that's what he looked like to him and he was upset about how he had felt all over his fruit and even shoved it in someone's face! As he started to come at Rodry, it was a nasty trick for him to toss the apple at him! It did cause a distraction for, instead of seeking to bat the produce away, the merchant opted to catch it instead - it was his fruit! he could sell it again after this, maybe. This was enough to keep him from seeing Rodry's lurch so the big man was caught off guard and fell back to his stall. Others didn't miss it, there was starting to be an uprising from the crowd and, somewhere in all that, was the shrill blow of a whistle. That came from the City Guard. Ryanna heard it and, as much as she would have enjoyed sticking around to watch the fight between the Young and the Old, she decided that this wasn't the right place. "Rodry! Stop toying with the man and let's go!" Of course she didn't enter into that tangled mixed up fray herself. The merchant, on his part, was seeking to get a handle on himself and grab that cane of Rodry's.

Oh it wasn't just a battle between the Young and the Old! It was a fight between someone who felt it wise to prey on others and one whom showed little tolerance for such. Rodry had ridden the fellow to the ground, with his weight concentrated in his knees and hands. It was a stroke of luck that the mans hands had been in the way! Otherwise Rodry's lunge might have crushed his windpipe! The older fellow couldn't help but cringe at the pitch of that whistle, even if the sudden snatching at Rodry's cane was something he wouldn't stand for. It didn't take but a moment after he had gotten his hairy fingers wrapped around it's girth before the old man was reaching out and biting him on the sensitive flesh just behind the knuckles! If that wasn't enough however, perhaps a knee to the gut or groin would dissuade him enough for Rodry to extricate himself from the fellow!

The old man was tougher than the merchant thought and that was evident by the *oof* he gave out with the kick. The bite to the hand, the man was going to pay for that. "You're gonna pay for that!" He even said it so that Rodry would know, as as the old man went to move and depart, the merchant kicked out at the foot to try and trip him up - this, in turn received some boo's from the crowd. Seems like Rodry had some fans! People were always rooting for something and taking bets. If that wasn't enough. "THIEVES!" The Merchant yelled out. "Thieves! They stole from me!" Had to take an advantage where he could! Ryanna pulled her hood up over her head and was frantically waving Rodry towards her. Hopefully he was looking because those City Guards, - two of them - were almost upon them and had a good look at their faces!

Obviously! The merchant was just lucky Rodry wasn't out for blood otherwise it might be more than just a little blunt toothed pinch! His quick escape was hampered by a sudden kick to an unfortunately placed ankle, which had him giving a grunt of surprise and pain both, though it seemed lucky that he had that cane considering it was needed to keep him from spilling back to the cobbled street. "Free Fruit!" Hollered loudly as possible, even before he was hobbling after Ryanna. Unfortunately Rodry hadn't thought to bring his own coat and the gray of his hair as well as the color of his coat would likely mark him for the guards. Not that he expected it to be too much trouble. After all ... the man was accosting an elder. However, just to be safe, he was hardly taking his time, despite the fact that his ankle was wanting to betray him with it's sudden inability to support his weight properly!

While there were some spectators who knew better than to bombard the man's cart after the call of 'free fruit' others didn't quite seem to care and tried to snatch up a hand of whatever they could before scurrying off and out of the guards reach. Whistles wee being blown and people were being pushed, the guards had more on their hands to deal with now than two 'thieves' running away, they had a bit of a mob, a mob of people either trying to get away, or get the fruit. The Merchant wasn't helping in this matter as he was knocking down and away any people that he could when he saw them at his fruit! After the guard broke through they dived on the merchant. So much for a quiet day at the market. Seeing that Rodry was coming, Ryanna pushed through the crowd more - the goal: get as far from that scene as possible. She had tucked her bag of fruit inside her cloak and was squeezing through the people, looking back for Rodry and even offering him her hand once she found a less dense area. "Take my hand!"

Rodry didn't expect for everyone to tear the fruit stand apart, but even a few would cause enough turmoil and trouble that it would be just what they needed to make their escape! As long as the escape didn't call for too much running Rodry would be perfectly fine. "Turned my damn ankle ..." Mumbling under his breath. Call him a geezer and then give him a limp, there was luck for you! Following in the hooded young woman’s wake, he couldn't help but grumble a bit more. Though he did resist the urge to swat anyone that got in his way. "Your liable to twist my other ankle if you think your gonna drag me away." Warning her before his free hand was reaching out to grasp her own, the firm grasp of his through the softened leather of his glove ensuring that if she darted off as he expected her to that he wouldn't get left behind! However, his pride was not going to allow him to get dragged face down through a crowded street. So he was probably going to regret trying to put too much weight on his ankle!

Perhaps if she was a flighty person - in a way she was, but she did see that he was hobbling and though his weight wouldn't be anything for her to carry -unless he was overly heavier than he looked - that wasn't something she was wanting to do this morning. However, she did give a tug to him as she started along. As Rodry was wearing gloves, he may not feel the warmth that was coming from Ryanna's hand. It wasn't the average warmth people generally have - even when full of adrenaline - but this was different, it was like a low grade fire that wouldn't burn, but seep through and run about the body. But, since he was wearing gloves, all depended on what he could feel through them. "Just don't fall. Alley, to our left." Her voice was low but directed to him, perhaps he would hear it over the rest of the din. "You're too exposed." And the alley wasn't far. There were people pushing past them and others who had no clue what had gone on at the stand.

No, that was one advantage to his abilities dealing with shapeshifting, it wasn't the same as a simple polymorphing spell, which meant that he wasn't nearly as heavy as he would have been in his natural shape! Which would have been staggering for even another of his kind to handle. That firm tug found his muscles tensing, using her strength as much as his own to make his way forward. Though soon he had half-vault movement going. Letting his weight pivot over the cane more quickly, allowing him to cover greater distance with each use. Unfortunately it was not merely the glove that the warmth had to contend with in order to draw Rodry's attention. Something that left him ignorant of that hot hot heat of hers. "Don't trip me and I think we'll be fine." The alley was spotted, and that heads up she had given had him moving smoothly rather than forcing her to jerk him off his feet when it came up. Her words left him snorting softly, Rodry was hardly exposed, yes his unique appearance in Rhydin meant that he was easily spotted ... but eh. It was something he had grown used to! "If we can get onto a roof or simply some place above line of sight we should be fine. Humans rarely look up." It was an adage of his that had been proven true time and time again despite how often it could be their undoing!

"Darkness works just as well," she muttered, glad that he was moving and that she didn't have to drag him , didn't need another thing for him to stack against her. Ryanna would have preferred for him not to feel the extra heat coming from her, and perhaps had offered to take his hand because of the gloves and thinking that it was safe. When she reached the alley she pushed herself against the brick wall of one of the shops they were between and lowered down to the ground. She let go of his hand then and looked out towards the street. "Before anyone gets to be a wiser." She took her back from the wall and left a bit of space there, relying on her dark cloak to help her blend more with the alley's shadows. "When I say 'go' go." no 'okay' at the end or waiting to see if he was getting it all.

"Yes it does." Luckily humans had not been equipped as well as the supernaturals to deal with the world in all of it's aspects. Nothing was going to make things easier on the guards catching them, that was for sure! Rodry leaned into the wall as well, holding his ankle up off the ground just enough to relieve the shooting pain that was making it go limp at the most minor of provocations! Rodry's hand was smoothing over the brick, not the best of surfaces to climb, but it had been laid in the old style and offered more than enough uneven surfaces for him to make it up if he had to. "I don't hear anyone chasing after us, they probably have their hands full with the mob we incited." Laughing softly, though at the sudden demand that he 'go' when she gave the word, he glanced back up the wall. Well, if she was going to cause some distraction to keep anyone from spotting them climbing, then it would make sense for the slow one to go first, right? "Fine."

She gave a single chuckle. "With the mob you started? Yes, I'm sure." Pinning that right on Rodry. she didn't see herself having anything to do with the wild frenzy that had happened, even if, at the root, she was the case as he was only trying to help her out. He may not have had time to see the smug smile on her face for the girl had turned her attention to the wall and a single silver line ran vertically down before it expanded to the size of a skinny door. She could fit through and - taking a moment to look at him - suspected that he could squeeze in as well. There was nothing to see on the other side of that door. It was only black. "Go! It can't stay open!" Yes, telling him to simply go into the blackness without any word at all of what may be there.

"Oh I will be sure to remember that when I get my cut of those berries that I got then." Her smug grin wouldn't be offensive in the least, though he was damned surprised when the wall he was trying to get a hold of seemed to crack. No, not crack the line was too smooth for that, split. The narrow opening had him glancing back her way before giving a disgruntled grunting. Seemed that he had been forced to make use of magic that was not his own in understanding or casting far too often as of late! Yet he didn't comment or complain other than the low noise he had given, simply ducked through the opening quickly, even if his nostrils were perking to try and catch some scent. One hand rising after a moment, fingers cupping the air and slowly spreading. The channeling of electricity through his body coming slowly at first, before a few small sparks were jumping between his fingertips. Enough to create a small orb of flickering uneven light that illuminated just around himself. To make sure he wasn't going to trip over anything as he glanced about! "I trust you know where we are, De'Ryanna?" Only now glancing back the way he had come to make sure she hadn't just locked him in some cell or something!

Ryanna quite enjoyed tossing people into things that left them feeling a bit uncertain and that noise Rodry made only made her smug smile that much more so. When he went in she didn't stall behind very long before she pushed her way in to. The light he made would not go out to far, perhaps a foot around him, everything was black. And, when the sliver of silver vanished after Ryanna came through, it was literally as if the two of them were standing in a vast pool of nothingness. There was nothing to see, hear, smell, or touch but darkness (no attacking the darkness either! >.< ). Yet, the foot seemed solid enough. There was nothing to show a sense of direction anywhere. "I don't often Travel, certainly not in the Ways as Mother has never fully shown me how, but I'm fairly certain that we go this way," said, pointing ahead of them. Difficult to explain how sound was perceived. Almost as if talking in a vacuum, you hear the sounds, but not as clear as it would be if given to normal things that resided in the air. The air here wasn't exactly oxygen, but it was breathable.. "Here we go then." Walking on a path that wasn't visible and with no indications of movement, how did you know you were actually moving and not walking in place?

The light had not been meant to banish the darkness, Rodry knew all too well that sometimes that it was bad to disturb the darkness in places where it had lived since time had seemingly begun. This place had that feel to it. The small pops and cracks that the electricity made were hardly enough to drown out that far off sounding voice of Ryanna. Almost as if the two of them were trapped beneath the water in sound! His eyes glanced slowly around, curious over their surroundings, but not exactly willing to allow himself to wander too far. "Fairly certain. You sure know how to put a fellows mind to ease, De'Ryanna." Cane was trusted to lead the way after her, even if his hand was lowering as if to spread light on whatever surface they were walking on. The lack of anything to be seen visibly left him briefly cocking a brow. It almost made him think of 'The Grey' as his great grandfather had dubbed it, yet it was different for ... obvious reasons. Rodry wasn't feeling threatened, not enough to waste the precious energy that would be needed to make himself a little better armed. "This is called 'The Way'? I've never heard tell of this particular ... passage through the plane." Not that it was a bad thing, merely surprising! Considering how much he had seen over his many many many years of life!

"I suppose other cultures would call it other things. There are main entrances into the Way, but I've yet to find any. They have been found here, only not by me. I've only been on it once with Mother and that was a handful of years ago." He could look all he wanted to at the 'ground' but the only thing there would be more darkness. She seems confident enough in her walking - or it was a really good visage - that she kept forward. "you were not too bad back there for a man of your age," pausing a moment to look around her at the blackness. "Supposedly there are paths here, I only don't know how to see them, but a Gateway would have drawn attention of any magic user and that would have defeated our entire purpose." even if they would have been at the Inn by now. "How far is the Inn, you'd guess? about five miles?"

"Hm. Well it isn't subterranean ..." The revelation that there was no given path left him straightening. Better to not be leaned down to look for ground that was seemingly invisible. "Being able to open a portal into something you don't understand fully can be exciting... as well as foolhardy at times." Merely warning her, even if he was soon letting the static free. The compliment left him chuckling softly, unable but to help eyeball her as if to try and judge her for some unknown purpose. "I try my best to keep myself physically fit. Even if a cheap shot will even the odds at times..." The mention of there being paths that one couldn't see immediately had his free hand going to his breast pocket. The arm of those glasses plucked at thoughtfully before he was drawing them free. The question was, did he want to use the Glasses of True Seeing to see their surroundings? He could particularly remember a cave full of angry subterranean hornets that had been agitated when light had been used to see ... could whatever surrounded them sense when it too was being ogled? "Aye, plus the brief flash of the Inn hanging in the air in the market would have made us pretty easy to track down ... I would guess that it would be about that if your taking the streets out of the judging ... as the crow flies as they say." Though he couldn't help but cock a brow at what she had said. "And what exactly would our purpose be De'Ryanna?

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:47 pm

If he wanted to try the glasses and take a risk at 'seeing' what was around them, the man would be free to do so, never know what would be there. May be something you'd rather not see. She wouldn't advise him either way as she didn't know about the glasses and, if he were examining her - for some reason - her confident visage was just that. A visage. Her walk was perfect, the gliding dancers walk always there as she didn't have the normal walk of her kind of people in general. But her hand were fidgeting. tapping on each other and pulling together as she walked. Ryanna only heard the question that he asked her a few moments after it was said and it caused her to turn around and look at him with a slightly wide-eyed expression ."Hmm? our.. purpose? Here? in the Gateway? To get back home of course." she chuckled a bit.."Whatever else would our purpose be."

Their slight weight was soon drawn up between his fingers, flicking them open smoothly. The lenses were actually just pieces of opaque stone, enchanted to transfer the true appearance of things into ones thoughts without allowing the eyes themselves to be fooled. It took some practice to get used to making use of them, however Rodry had the much needed experience. The glasses were soon slipped onto the bridge of his nose, the small lenses were not meant to impede ones vision once on, so he did his best to glance past them and watch Ryanna even while they would make short work of sorting out their surroundings. Leaving Rodry doing his best to stride along smoothly rather than allow any particularly jarring sight ruin his stride. Even if some hesitation would be unavoidable! Part of his choice to use them happened to be Ryanna's show of nerves. As he had said, the use of magic one did not understand was not always wise and it left him wondering what she had to be nervous about in the first place! "I know we are returning to the inn. However I doubt that the guards would have given us much trouble had they caught up with us. It is not as if we did anything wrong... that vendor was assaulting an elderly man. Humans are particularly touchy about how their elders are treated, I would expect that they would shoo us along without too much of a bother ..." What were they going to do, throw Rodry in jail for attacking a man who appeared far healthier and able-bodied than he? Not that he feared being held in such a setting, for he would not allow it to go on too long, even if it meant tapping into what magic was left to him! "I meant more along the lines of why you needed an old man to deal with a vendor that you could have handled perfectly well yourself. He was a big human but it isn't as if he was much of a bother. If you can command magic to do this sort of thing I would imagine you could have managed a small binding or even just an intimidating show that would have had him handing over what you were owed." It was true enough, right?

"There are some things…. some things at the current moment that I should not do. Should not do." that was her response to the question he asked her, as her hands and fingers continued to tap and pull against themselves and, in turn, she turned away from him to continue walking. He was right though, it would have been easy enough for her to man handle the guy herself, or even take what she wanted without even saying anything, but she hadn't dealt with it that way. She had her reasons! Though now we would get to the interesting point of the glasses. There were 'creatures' that lived in the Ways.. but for them, they were not present at the moment, however, bits of their passing could e seen. Imprint that looked like faded chalk outlines on the blackness before them. Feet impressions. However, even if he were to step in it, he wouldn't feel any difference in his walk. The 'path' itself was always like a sheer bit of glitter. Silver kind. A trail of light sparkles if you looked at it and were gone when you looked to something else. but they lead the way and for where they: were going, it was straight ahead. By the way.. the footprints were rather large. Twice as big as Rodry's Human ones. Now…when the sight of the glasses fell upon Ryan, he would see her, but he would also 'see' something else. An outline of fire was around her body and there was an image of her lycan form was there, standing a had taller than herself, and there was something holding the Lycan form. A shadow type image that looked to have the form of a human male: dark in complexion with eyes that were red as fire. This 'man' held not just the lycan form, but also had arms around Ryanna, and a chain, a thin chain that was looped around the waist of her and the lycan. This chain was also wrapped around the neck and collar. Did she know of it? possibly. –

"Then I suppose that it is lucky that I happened along. Though, I will say that I had gone to the market with the intention of visiting a butcher and collecting something for a meal." Obviously he hadn't a chance to stop after 'helping' her out. Rodry was surprised at the fact that the lenses didn't reveal too much of their surroundings. The fact that it was blank nothingness that reached out around them was startling in a way that left him moving a little closer to the center of that glittering path. The foot prints however drew his attention right off. Though he was mentally trying to sketch an image of them, the number of toes, the shape. Even stepping into one of the prints to get a better gauge on the size. Interesting, that they could leave behind discernable appearances yet not alter the ground! He scuffed his foot a bit upon the footprint, glancing back to see what effect it had upon the trail, before he was turning back to Ryan and blinking slowly. Well there was a surprise for him! One that was far more interesting and involved than the simple footprints that had been left behind by previous travelers! "....So ... what do you know of those who travel these paths when you do not?" Simply asking her while he observed this phenomenon. The view of the chains and collar left his empty hand idly brushing below the lines of his hips. There was a part of him that wondered whether this shade of hers would be matched by the one that seemed to haunt and feed upon him in it's own way, even if he was shaking his head briefly. Though he was quick to lift a hand to remove the spectacles. Eyeballing them thoughtfully for a moment before slowly tucking them back into his pocket. How would Ryanna feel to know that someone could see that she seemed to be fettered to something beyond her own control? She struck him as the type to resent another for thinking her weak or at a disadvantage. Rodry would hold his tongue for now, at least until they were safe back at the Tel and her privacy could be assured. For there was part of him that instantly rebelled against the thought of another treating someone that way, while there was an entirely different part of him that could relate on what it felt like to be in such a position. For he had worn a collar at one point in his long life!

This was an, interesting place, to say the least. Not much was known about it as the race of creatures that built the 'Ways' was practically extinct and the ones that were around they were hard to find. There wasn't much to 'see' here if you were not one of those creatures but, maybe if Rodry would continue to wear the glasses, instead of taking a cursory glance about, more things would come into sight as magic mixed with magic. Though what he had seen was better than what Ryanna could. She could only sense which direction to go in based on knowing where she was going and her own personal markers back home. In essence, she was following her trail of 'magic', for lack of a better word. "The Ways were hardly taught to me, least, if they were ever going to be, I was taken from the Tower before then." Her head was shifting around, quick movements to the left and to the right, like hearing a sudden noise and facing it, though there was nothing to hear. She rubbed her arms then and straightened her back, taking a deep breath. "Though I was told that the ones who made them are ancient and created this near the beginning of the first turn of the Wheel," she explained, looking back at him then. "That's Ages." Not sure if he would understand the reference of Ages she tired for another. "Like the Age of Magic, Age of Elves, Age of Man. Around the first Age." She turned back around so he wouldn't see her put her thumb to her mouth and bite down on the nail. There was a momentary pause and then she rubbed the back of her neck before rubbing her eyes with both hands. "Infernal never ending darkness. My studies, here, lack. You'd have to ask another."

Hard enough to find indeed, though if he were to follow the footprints perhaps he would find one. Something that would surely prove for interesting conversation if they weren't overly ... aggressive. Rodry had taken off the glasses more out of respect for Ryanna's privacy than anything else. While he had considerable self control, it would be hard for him not to muse aloud on what had caused whatever this shade was that clung to her closer than her own shadow. Rodry's form moved quickly at Ryanna's back. Closing the distance in order to better see if he could sense any such thing without the aid of the glasses. Though considering he had been close to her before and hadn't noticed anything strange about her; he didn't expect to feel much. They were following her metaphorical breadcrumbs and as long as she didn't miss any they would be fine. "The Tower? You studied high sorcery then?" Curious, of course. De'Ryanna was proving to be quite interesting with these little surprises, mainly because she seemed almost happy to converse on herself now. Perhaps it was caused by those nerves of hers? "I understand the passage of time quite well, youngling." Offering her a bit of a smile. Here she was lecturing her elder on the gauge of time. He could forgive her, for she didn't know of his true self or of his own staggering age. If there was but one thing that Rodry could be faulted for, it was his desire to share knowledge, sometimes against his own better judgment. "Perhaps I could help you learn a bit more of this place that you know. As long as you shall give me your word on a request." Said while his fingers probed once more in his breast pocket before fishing out those glasses.

"I'm not a Sorceress flitting about in some gaudy robe and turning people into toads." That was her rendition of them, even if that was close to a witch. She huffed at that and gave a tug to her bodice that she wore. Though, if Rodry were to see her in her cloak he may think to call her a hypocrite. "Though I suppose that's the easy way for people to group others all together. Makes it simpler. I'll be a Sedai someday, better than my mother." that last part muttered under her breath. There wasn't anything about the apparent 'shade' to be felt on Ryanna by another. It was simply there for someone to see, if they looked as he had, but it was very much able to interact - on some level - with the one it was attached to. It wasn't just a shade, but more of a reminisce of a person's presence. She folded her arms about her self. "I have my areas but I was never allowed to finish before I was taken out ." she did like to talk to people who were willing to listen. Ryanna never got much chance to talk about anything, or with people long enough for most of that to happen. Besides, Rodry wasn't just 'anyone' anymore in her book. Something that could be dangerous for him down the road. "As you see I don't have half as many years under my belt as you do yours." Referring to the youngling comment. "What is it that you have to show?"

"Just because you study magic does not mean you must run around in your pajama's and carry a gnarled wood staff." Never mind his cane as he said this. Though Rodry had never turned anyone into a toad, probably because he didn't like amphibians. Slimy little pretenders that they were. In all of his years, Rodry had never been sorry to have listened to someone’s words. There was naught but time to be wasted and he had always thought he would have more than his share of that! "I believe as those who study high sorcery to be those who can control magic in a way that is more than just a simple parlor trick. Whether it be control over the elements, creation, manifestation, transmutation or poymorphation." The last was a bit of a stretch, but hey. It was the aural effect he was going for with that little spiel. Even if he was raising a brow curiously. "And what do you plan to do once you are exalted Sedai?" From his tone it would be hard to guess that he was ignorant, or trying to lead her on in explaining what it was to him without tipping his hand. Unfortunately for her, Rodry's hearing was still plenty sharp! "I take it from your tone that termination of your study was not by your choice?" His strides closed the distance. Empty hand lifting to her shoulder, his grip just firm enough that she might be able to discern the strange feel of his grip. His hand seemed normal enough, though those overly long fingers, a curious thing they were, seemed to exert pressure a little too far back from the tips of his glove, then there was another smaller point of pressure that was firmer through the glove. "I would be surprised if you had even a fraction. I shall only share this with you if you give me your word that you shall not look upon me. Break your word and I'll give you better than I gave that merchant, De'Ryanna. Understand?" There was a certain earnestness in his voice. Which made it clear that while he was not making an 'empty threat', it would trouble him to have to make good upon it. Only after she had given her word would he hold those folded glasses aloft before her face. Giving them to her without explanation. While it wasn't some massive discovery, she had shared the knowledge of the ways with him, so why should he hoard what he had seen?

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:48 pm

What would she do when she attained the rank that she wanted? Ryanna looked at him and blinked her eyes in a type of shock, as though he was suppose to know the answer to the question he gave her. "Why, I would control the world. That's what Aes Sedai do, even if they, themselves, are not publicly seen and known for it." what would she do. Ryanna was serious about it too, and truthful. It wasn't a mere saying or an aspiring dream that she would want to accomplish, but it was said in such a way for the hearer to believe that she would do exactly that. Just in case. "Despite not having taken the Oaths and being bound by the Rod I am still bonded against speaking what is not true." Which is why she may speak slightly round about at time or not answer at all. Her art of lying with the truth had not been mastered at her age yet. Though it was amazing what a person could say when they fully believed that what they were saying was the truth. She was still looking at him and had slowed her walk to a stop when he had placed his hand upon her shoulder. It felt like hand that wasn't a hand to her as the weight was off and it made her purse her lips together and narrow her eyes as she looked at him. She had no ability to see through a person's mask, but she was looking for familiarity, and her nostrils flared a bit as she took in more of his scent. "The more I smell you, the more you strike a memory somewhere that I cannot place. Or perhaps it's a dream that I can't remember." Trying to figure out which if the two, or both, that it could be. And her head leaned in closer to look at his eyes. "Hmm…." Especially with his statement about 'a fraction' she began to wonder if he knew more about her than she realized. "Fire and Earth are my strong suits. The others are rudimentary." As being things that any novice in the Tower could do if they were to put their mind to it. "And, if you don't want me looking at you, it means that you're not who you really pretend to be now, are you? That's why you were able to do what you did back at the market. How do i know that I can even trust whatever it is that you have to show."

"I can imagine that there may be many who would find your claim laughable or even impossible. As well as those who would challenge you for such supremacy." He treated her seriously, he could almost sense that if he made light of her and her eventual plans that it would be a good way to make her clam up around him or so he thought. She might be surprised at the fact that he did not question her plans or methods, simply commented as if it were something accepted. One of Rodry's mainy unique quirks. "Yes, while you may be bonded to speak only truth, I know all too well that the greatest lies can be told without a single word." There was a faint tilt to his lips, as if he were implying that he was just such a talented liar! There were many things about Rodry that were not as they appeared and it was part of the reason he didn't often touch people too much beyond a hand shake or the like. He felt that Ryanna however might be one of few people who may understand such hesitation. That deep inhalation would indeed bring memories. Fresh rain, a thunderstorm, the renewal of the world after the violence of a storm. The strong scent of ozone on his breath was far unlike the old smell of blood that she had caught when they had first met and this close she could see that his face looked less worn. Just as where his hair appeared iron gray, there was another color sprouting from his skin but only noticeable if one were to look. If it weren't for the dimness perhaps she would be able to discern it a tad better. "Many can recall my scent in their memories. It is not uncommon. Yet it was that combination, not only of that fresh smell, but of something more. His eyes appeared normal enough, sharp startlingly blue. Yet there was more than just the allotted years of a human behind them and a certain iron resolve that was not just seen commonly in their kind. "No one is who they pretend to be De'Ryanna, have you not learned that yet? Especially in the vicinity of Rhy'Din." Shaking his head slowly, he slowly smiled. Just enough to show that her distrust amused him. "What reasons have I to deceive you? More importantly, when have I had time since following you through the entrance .." Jerking a thumb back for emphasis. "To prepare an illusion or some such that would fool someone who has experience with magic. If you haven't noticed, while I may not be human I am far from vital enough to be splitting my attention between drawing on my magic and marching along through the endless dark." The glasses however, were abruptly placed back into his breast pocket. Since she obviously didn't wish to make use of them!

Ryanna leaned back only a bit, wishing that there was more light in the room but not wanting to make any light that could possibly draw some form of attention. She knew that much about the Ways to not bring unneeded attention to herself or him. "Unless you are the storm made flesh, then I know you for something else than what you show. For like you said," tipping her head up as if she had figured out something interesting. "No one is who they pretend to be. Therefore, what you have, and have not had time to do, is all relevant on who you are." He could have been a magic user too, for all she knew, who was fixing to do something every moment he wasn't 'doing' anything that one could see. "Your reasons for deception are the same as any others - because you can." May have showed a bit of her opinion about people and how they went about things. Or maybe simply how she choose to go about things. She let people know what was needed to know or that was relevant at the time. Sometimes her arrogance got in the way, but she wouldn't consider herself to be a show-off. "You could be playing at being a kind man when you're really not. This is something that is not to common in Rhydin, for many guys here I can step on with my foot, but elsewhere.. Yes.. elsewhere." There was, however, a very slight change over Ryanna and that was caused due to that brief touch he had given her. No more were her eyes darting here and there or did she have a small sense of nervousness about her. She was more calm and composed. Holding herself like the self she normally is. "Mister Rodry Pol, who isn't simply a man. What was it that you put into your pocket?" She didn't notice before but, as she was lightly better now she did. –

"That was my Grandfathers claim to fame, not my own." Laughing low in his throat. No. Rodry had no desire to call himself the storm made flesh, despite the love that he had for such events. Oh how he missed the intimacy that he had shared with them what felt like a lifetime ago! Yet he was impressed with Ryanna, for she had not been simply lured by that pointed excuse he had given. "You are wiser than your years would mark you." A compliment of course, though it was not given out of simple flippance! The only problem with that logic, was what would happen when you came across someone who was being true? "If I were planning to deceive you, it would not be in the dark in a place where I haven't the foggiest idea on whether escape would be something I could do without you. Besides, I would not think to make a fool of you. I have grown tired of such things in my age." It was a tad ironic, for at his age corresponding with Ryanna's, Rodry had not known the value or wisdom of not simply giving trust to people without conditions. Ryanna on the other hand didn't seem to give trust easily at all! There was a mean spirited part of him that left him wanting to step on her toes for being so callous about what she could do to people, strangely enough the part of him that was urged to defend those that were weaker! The touch had been nothing special, but perhaps that reminder that she was not alone here in the darkness and that there was someone with experience enough to understand what was going on, even if their studied hadn't reached 'The Ways' as of yet. Then again, perhaps there had been something more to it than just that! "I said human, not that I wasn't a man. If I didn't know any better I would think you chose your words to poke fun at me." Now it was Rodry's turn to be a tad suspicious, why the sudden change of heart. The hand that had not been grasping her shoulder, however briefly, went to pat his pocket to assure him that she hadn't pilfered his glasses when he wasn't paying them mind. though he did slowly draw them free. Holding them so that she could look them over. "A special pair of spectacles. Magical, of course." They would have to be considering the lenses were made of dark stone that could not be seen through! "I also see that you've relaxed a bit. You aren't the first person I have known who was more comfortable in confrontation than out of it."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 am

Touch was a whole different topic to Ryanna and it wasn't one that she openly talked about to many people at all. So, when he commented about her being more relaxed, she could have said the touch and the reasons behind it, but she chose, instead, to keep on the trail of his own thought. "Confrontations are a part of life. You either learn to deal with them, or you don't" And that would be the answer to that. Though his comment about her being wiser made her puff up her shoulders - did he know that she could be prideful? Well, she could be.. easily. As well as vain and arrogant, but, different topics. She continued onward thinking about those glasses. "And what is it that your glasses enable you to see? Bits of magic here and there, or do they alter the reality of things?" Asking curiously but not to much. She was wondering about what they could do, but she was also cautious about magical objects being used on her, even if she could do 'magic' herself. "Is that why you tend to keep them on your person? So you can see the true reality of things? Or the one you want to see?"

Tactile stimulation meant many different things to different people. Rodry couldn't even begin to truly delve into the reasons that a touch as simple as that firm grasp would be enough to calm the wily lycan female. "That is certainly the truth. What I am saying however is that I have known some who would more readily deal with conflict than to be left to their own devices and thoughts." Spoken sagely. Feeling that perhaps she had brushed past what he had been saying too quickly! He didn't doubt that she could handle conflicts! Ryanna's vanity was far from unique, for any being enjoyed knowing that another found traits favorable! "They're Glasses of True Seeing." Spoken as if she should have known what they did and just how they worked. "They allow you to see what truly lies before you and to understand it in ways as well. When I was younger they were used to discern the threads of unfamiliar language that I often came across in my travels. However they also allow one to peel back the fabric of your natural sensory boundaries. At least when it comes to the visual. Allowing you to see things that your own eyes would not have picked up on before. For example. I can see the path when wearing these." If nothing else he had said sparked her interest, he expected that if he mentioned that path that she had seemed to be fretting about losing, she may be more tempted! "As for them showing you the reality that you wish to see, I would have to be a truly delusional person to call them Glasses of True Seeing, don't you think?"

What he said made her slow in her own walk, but not so she could stop but so she could walk beside him instead of being in the front. She had her arms around herself now, fingers tapping against them. "I see," was all that she said at first.. Simply and quiet. Ryanna was thinking about what Rodry had said. In her silence she looked over at him, studying him with her own eyes. "Yes.. True seeing.. Do you often look at people with those glasses o yours? Spoils the suprise about learning about others, does it not?" Those glasses were a suspicion now that she knew what they could do. It didn't matter too much about the Ways, she was more concerned about what he saw when he looked at other people. call it her being self conscious about what people saw about her. "This is why you didn't want me to look at you if i were to have them. What is it about you that you're trying to hide from the eyes of others?" Nothing about herself, she would turn it around on him since he didn't want to be looked at. "Something like that could be dangerous.

The glasses were indeed something that could be a sore point for others. After all, how many in rhy'din supplemented themselves with glamour or other magical means? With them being stripped away, it often revealed what they did not wish for others to see. "No, typically I do not make a point of using them to learn about people. For that exact reason. However, they were invaluable to me while I suffered from this sickness that struck me blind before my children assisted me with restoring my sight." There, she had learned a secret for the price of a secret. Though he hadn't come out and asked about why exactly she had this shade, why she was haunted by an unknown figure. It was interesting, but Rodry was respectful of her privacy and the fact that while they had met a handful of times, that they didn't truly know each other. "Though yes. The glasses are quite useful from everything such as detecting lies to seeing the true way that someone feels about something despite their attempts to hide such." Though her continual return to who he was and why he did not wish her to use the glasses left him stopping pointedly. His hand upon his cane tightened faintly, though he was eyeballing her as if he were trying to decide what to do about this meddlesome child! "De'Ryanna, you are young, however I could hope that you would understand my plight. I am old and I am ill. No I am not what I appear to be, but the truth is the same. I was once as vain as you seem to be about how others think of you but that has been taken from me. How would you feel if you were brought low, if your magic were to be taken from you, your strength, and your youth. Would you care to have people look at you? I am proud to have bested a market merchant when in my prime a human wouldn't have thought to have stood against me." Rodry was impassioned, though there was something below those firm words. There was some simmering anger and beneath that the iron-shod will of someone who had settled upon a course of action come hell or high water. "What danger I pose is academic, De'Ryanna." Though it was clear he was done with his spiel considering he continued on. He couldn't imagine that one so young could understand the loss of everything that had once made you who and what you were. The need to reinvent yourself completely because you couldn't be who you had been ... he felt that it would be impossible for her to relate.

Ryanna was fine, when Rodry first started talking, but, as he continued on, the expression on her fact remained the same on the outside, but it was only there to keep another expression from forming. Under the surface the girl had started to fume. Perhaps she had taken part of what he said the wrong way, or maybe it was only something she was sensitive about. This man, thinking that simply because of her age she didn't know enough to 'know enough' of life. Sure, there were things she didn't know, but there were a lot - she believed - that she did. She straightened more than she already was, adding height to herself by her simply stance and up the upward tip of her chin and downward slant of her eyes. He was taller than she yet, she made to look down at him still. "There are some people, Mister Rodry Pol, who's arrogance and vanity are well deserved due to the things they have endured," spoken clear enough and relatively flat. "I wouldn't bank everything on the age of the person you are marking." there was more she could have said, but she didn't want to and therefore she too, decided to carry onward, down the 'path' that she really could not see but following her own direction. Walking was good. No matter how she may have been feeling on the inside it wasn't enough to affect the particular way that she walked, for she did so with just as much gliding grace as before. "Should not be much further on now," said to him over her shoulder.

It was funny that she took offense to him simply pointing out that she was young. The young had a tendency to feel invincible and to not be the most understanding with those who are older and less able than they. Which seemed to be exactly how she was behaving. For rather than properly considering what he had to say, which was more of a disparaging comment upon his own state, rather than a high horsed complaint about her being young and ignorant, had been taken offensively. "All of a sudden I'm 'mister' now?" Laughing low in his throat, though it seemed that she was taking his words in entirely the wrong way and taking them to heart. Now was that a mistake of youth or simply the arrogance of which she spoke so highly? "I do not know what you have endured De'Ryanna, however, what I am saying is that you act as if you have reason to fear me when I assure you otherwise. It was not meant to make you think that I disparage the experiences of youth." She had looked as haughty as only a deeply offended young woman could be. Amusing both because of her sensitivity to the matter and the fact that it had seemingly knocked any thought towards chit chat out of her mind. "I would hope that the young woman who plans to rule the world, would try to see another’s words for what they are, rather than taking them as insult." His lips curled into a smirk though if she chose to remain silent after advising him of their short distance ahead, he would allow the silence to remain. There was no accounting for the imagined offenses that the young woman saw.

"There is something to fear from everyone, even if it is their lack of tact. " Was this a very trusting girl? Not at all. It could be counted, on less than a hand, the people who she actually trusted, and this was for better or worse. Trusting and depending on people defiantly was not at her forefront. Even if he seemed to want her to believe in the things that he said. Besides, how was she to rule if she gave out trust easily? Fortunately she did not see the smirk, who knows what she would have thought of it. She didn't like the topic of vulnerability for it was a fickle topic with her after everything. She had been told that she needed to be that way on something’s - vulnerable - and not with others, but the remembrance of a forced vulnerability made it hard. She also didn't like recurring references to her age. She knew how old she was in comparison to many others, it was one of the things she blamed for holding her back. "I suggest you keep hold of your energy. re-entry is known to not be as pleasant as the entering."

Oh, so now he was tactless as well? Certainly seemed like he had struck a raw nerve with her! She acted as if she had struggled with 'being young' all of her life, which wasn't that long really! "Is that you speaking on personal experience or do you always get so snippy when someone makes a harmless comment upon you being youthful?" Rodry was surprised to find her behaving like this, especially considering she had seemed relatively 'even footed' before! Well, minus the stabbing and the racist behavior ... but everyone had their quirks! There it was, that glib refusal to acknowledge what another was saying. It left him shaking his head faintly, surprised in her! For one who had behaved so mature for their age, it was suddenly showing with a vengeance. "I shall be sure to try my best to be prepared for it." Now that didn't sound pleasant. Though part of him had to wonder if she was going to intentionally choose a 'difficult exit' simply because she was feeling displeased with what he had said to her! Rodry was idly visualizing drawing his energy in even tighter to his body, like the miser hoarding what he valued most, he was hungrily pulling in what little power that remained to him and that which had been gifted to him. "If you would be so kind, let us known when we are close to passing." Meaning through the entryway of course! Though perhaps not the best choice of words!

Just because she didn't say anything about acknowledging it or not, did not mean she didn't, she only didn't give voice one way or the other. "Now who is the one taking what has been said personally? Really you shouldn't tell others not to do something if you're not going to do the same." She was grinning internally, still, she didn't answer his question because, for this one, she didn't have a way to answer in a manner she thought would be right. So she skipped it all together. It was easier that way. Her internal grin was the same her putting a mark up for herself on her own personal scoreboard. "I've told you that I don't know much of the Ways and that includes entering and exiting. We should be lucky we got in as easily as we did." As she was still trying to put a good finger on how they were to exit once she reached near the destination. Though she supposed it would be the same as the entry. This was something she mulled over in her head and then her right hand extended slightly and she played at tapping the air with a finger. "I suppose that we're close enough. My other signature isn't too far and it would be much better to avoid slicing an unsuspecting person in half. I don't need the smell of blood in my nose right now." That wouldn't mix well with the rest of what was going on, and likely wouldn't bode well for either of them.

"I know when I am being less-than-subtly insulted De'Ryanna." And there she was earning an eye roll for her behavior, it was a wonder the merchant hadn't tried strangling her before Rodry came along! Luckily for her, their exit was coming along at an opportune time, considering the back of her arrogant little head was becoming a tad bit more tempting for a cane tap. Not that he expected it would solve anything, but it was mighty hard sounding that stuck up when you were dealing with a goose egg. It was strange how her behavior was making a rather snide and snippy part of him bubble to the surface, though he did refrain from further berating her for making use of magic she didn't understand. Didn't want her to think he was making point about her inexperience being correlated to her youth. "It would have been wiser to simply escape on foot. Especially if there is danger to another for us making use of this path." While the scent of blood didn't effect him the way it might once have, if she ended up going into a homicidal Lycan instinct fueled rage, Rodry would be hard pressed to try and deal with her. What he had access to for defending himself was either too weak to be effective against a lycanthrope or too dangerous to use against someone who he would rather not harm seriously! "Where is your way point set? Not trying to be nosy, I would just prefer to know I wasn't wandering someplace where a portal might be opening without warning."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum