Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Neon-Hair Girl Squad, Go! (Open, cont'd from 'In the Marketplace'.)

3 posters

Go down

Neon-Hair Girl Squad, Go! (Open, cont'd from 'In the Marketplace'.) Empty Neon-Hair Girl Squad, Go! (Open, cont'd from 'In the Marketplace'.)

Post by Aurora Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Well the hole in the ground really wasn't doing her fathers home justice, just as her mentioning him spoiling her and her brother wasn't quite telling the whole truth. While he was getting better about being around before he grew ill, their father hadn't always been present. Not that such an occurance was unusual among their people. "Oh heavens no. It's Solomantharus."At least that was what it was in the common tongue. Aurora sounded almost as if the idea of having the last name 'Pol' was a dreadful idea in the first place. Though after a moment she did look a little shame-faced. As if she had just let something slip that she shouldn't have.

Aurora was quite curious over the origin of the ledger, though seeing how blithely Vesta flipped through the pages, she suspected that her new friend was of the entirely mundane variety of human! An interesting occurance to say the least, since it gave Aurora a certain sense of satisfaction. Humans didn't seem nearly half so troublesome in the way that her father had told her they could be! "Yes it is, we write back and forth daily so unless they shifted his room since yesterday afternoon ..." In his prime she wouldn't have put it past him at all, though now she expected he wouldn't be out and about all that much at all. "Well there was a reason that Fissure and I chose it. He told us stories of when he was part of another place simuliar to this when we were but younglings. We thought he might like it here." Though there was a certain mischievousness to her tone that made it clear that she and her brother had also had some other motive for choosing this place to try and sell their father on!

When she mentioned seeing the sites, oh how tempted Aurora looked. Glancing down the hall that her fathers room was upon. Knowing all too well that she was already expected... "Well ... I should at least go and see him. Give him the book and check in. Let him know that my flight was uneventful and I made it here with minimal trouble." The game of 'follow the bouncing skull' hardly counted as trouble. Even if it had scattered people out of the bookstore! "You could tag along and meet him. Besides, I want him to know that I found a human friend who seems perfectly acceptable." She spoke as if humans had been painted akin to monsters or some such to her as a child. So one could only wonder what her father was like!

Aurora
Aurora

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Neon-Hair Girl Squad, Go! (Open, cont'd from 'In the Marketplace'.) Empty Re: Neon-Hair Girl Squad, Go! (Open, cont'd from 'In the Marketplace'.)

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

A regular human, that's what she was and so, to her, the ledger was just that. A ledger. If not an old one that's seen it's share of years and ordeals.

Now that their destination had been not only chosen but confirmed everything was settled! And it was sealed to with a short, quick, slap of her palm against the desk. "Tallying forth with you, Aurora. I still need to know how to handle Yorick here." Seems like she was going to stick to that name!

Vesta swung her bag around to her front and dared to open the top to take a peek on the inside - had to see how the skull was doing. It could have gone back to sleep - because, that's what it was doing in her bag at first, right? Sleeping? Though maybe it had been sedated by whatever components were in those pouches she had given away .... "Can't drop this thing off in my room and find him trying to gobble down Blink when I turn my back." That would be an odd twist on the Shop of Horrors!

In other words: she was coming!

Keeping right along with her too and Vesta had to scoff a bit at the human comment. "Not many would call me 'acceptable', though I suppose it depends on what circles ya travel in." Or, when comparing her to the others of Rhy'din society, Vesta seemed rather harmless?

Wouldn't take them long to go down the hallway, right? It was only a hallway, not one of those trick hallways that had you walking forever and ever and never reaching the destination. "If you want something besides minimal trouble I can always let poor Yorick here out in the Kitchen, cause a ransack mess and when the chef ask what happened we can honestly say it was the skull. " And see what happened then! Ha! She probably was only half kidding on that, though one could never know. She hadn't had any personal time with the chef and that would be one way to ensure a meeting.

"Since he's probably expecting you, you can knock on the door. I'll get the skull ready." Get it ready? Certainly! Taking the bag and holding it in front of her, ready to open it and dig in, she waited.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Neon-Hair Girl Squad, Go! (Open, cont'd from 'In the Marketplace'.) Empty Re: Neon-Hair Girl Squad, Go! (Open, cont'd from 'In the Marketplace'.)

Post by Aurora Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 pm

"Great! I mean if you decide you don't want him I guess I could stick him with dad's other dusty old relics." Not that she thought her father would appreciate having a skull around to chew on his things if it so decided, so no doubt it would be relegated to her or her brother to 'get rid of'. The peering into the bag revealed the back of the bleached bony contents. Obviously having shifted face down during the jostling and walking. Which explained of course why it had finally shut up.

Didn't take too long of a ride with a moutful of bag lining to grow bored. Especially when you were stuck along for the ride and unable to do much of anything but complain.

"Well I doubt he would want to actually eat your squirrel, I mean as you can see he has no belly to sate or tongue to taste with. You could always get yourself a birdcage to toss him into when you must leave. You know. To discourage any mean spirited nibbling." Vesta seemed fun, playful and hardly intolerant. Not like the humans her father had talked about previously. On her travels she had tried to stick to other supernatural or mythic beings, though who was to say they weren't any worse than humans? "Oh come on Vesta! Use your imagination, we can do so many more fun pranks and tricks with your Yorick than just blaming a bit of a mess on him. I think it would be funny to drop him into a pot of soup and let him come out sputtering and yelling while sitting in the ladle, or hanging from it ... or! We can hide him in the icebox or in a drawer and thats just the kitchen!" Just the visual earned a little guffaw from her, Vesta had obviously bumped into a young woman who was a mischievious little prankster at heart!

though she did take a moment to try and compose herself before her fathers door, oh she couldn't wait to see the look on his face. She felt quite accomplished, she had gotten him what he had asked of her, had gotten here and remembered everything he had asked her to bring along... there was even the chance of her having made her first truly human friend as of yet! No doubt her father would be proud and pleased with her, or so she hoped! She smoothed her dress a bit and even ran her fingers through her hair, smoothing down her flyaways and preparing a mature 'I'm in control and grown up' face with which to greet him when he opened the door. Which should be shortly after the knock that she offered upon the wood a moment after her brief primping.

Even if Vesta's shifting around of the bag left her face cracking a bit at the edges, threatening to make her lose it considering she could almost imagine Vesta would have something nefarious planned with the skull. Lower lip lightly tucked between her teeth to try and keep the smile and the chuckle, at the idea of Yorick being tossed to her father brought to mind, from spilling free and ruining her little mask that she had prepared!

Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Rodry would have been woefully unaware of his daughters approach had he not been feeling better. Though he had noticed that he wasn't feeling quite as spry and energetic as he had fresh after the 'treatment' he was far from feeling as if he were breathing shards of glass with each breath! Her presence had been betrayed early enough that he had taken the time to pull on a coat to cover the bright almost lime hue of the button down shirt he was wearing. Making it look a tad bit more subdued in the clutch of that ashy gray. He had also taken the time to plate a slice of cheesecake for the both of them. Expecting that a sweet would top off her journey quite well!

He hadn't yet come to terms on how he would bring up his feeling better. It was undeniable that he was in better health since coming here yet his children had both seen him off at the pier with the knowledge that their father was not going to be long for this world. The 'illness' that consumed him was one that they did not have the power to fix. Ironically the two of them had put him in a position to perhaps do what he could about fixing it himself! Rodry still had to wonder how much of that coincidence had been fate and what had been in the hands of his children. Devilish pair that they were! He had settled at his desk, idly toying with a ruined pendant in the market that he had picked up to divert himself in his free time. Caring for it and such, while he awaited his daughters knock!

Little progress had been made, especially considering he was far too busy concentrating on her sluggish progress! What was she up to out there? It had been a great relief when she had reached the inn and knocked upon his door without further unneeded delay!

"Ah, now who could this be?"

Voice raised, even feigning surprise at having a visitor, the hand that usually held his cane seeking it for the short trip to the door. Even if it was more out of habit now rather than true need. Rodry's voice was a good deal clearer than it had been, no longer sounding as if an ogre had a stranglehold on his windpipe. Which let it ring deep in his chest. He opened the door, wearing a broad smile a moment after spotting Aurora! She looked well, though her appearance was hardly a good way to judge that.

"There you are Aurora my dear, I've been expecting you for the past few days. I trust your journey went well?"

Rodry was hardly oblivious however, the sight of another in the doorway left him craning his neck. He was old, the wrinkles that marked his face enough of a tip towards that, dressed as if he were expecting some truly high class company! The most striking feature in old Rodry's face had to be his eyes, something that matched the bright sapphire of his daughters own as if they had been cut from the same cloth. Old, but not yet senile from their look!

"Do come in, both of you. Welcome."

Of course, he couldn't help but wonder where his daughter had bumped into this one... she smelled human enough, but considering who and what he was, some of ones senses couldn't always be trusted! He opened the door more widely, standing partially behind it still in order to encourage them inside. The old fellow was tall and his spine was straight enough, not yet crooked with age. Honestly he looked like he had been someone to reckon with in his prime. Which he had been.

"I wasn't expecting my daughter to bring anyone along ... could I interest you in a bit of a snack, perhaps, or tea?"

Hopefully Vesta or Aurora would be wise enough to discourage him from setting up too elaborate a snack-time or no doubt the two of them would be trapped on his couch until he saw fit to dismiss them! Elders could talk your ears right off it you weren't careful!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Aurora was a prankster! Oh, yeah, she defiantly was, and hearing what the girl said about putting the skull in a pot and having fun with him around the kitchen could only make her laugh. Lawdy-law-law, that was all that she could say aside from a shake of her head. Not that anything was wrong with it, only the thought was making her laugh and wanting to see the look on the faces of the kitchen workers if they came in. Priceless.

"Oh I'm sure I can imagine something." Vesta said in response to her using her imagination about what she could do.

Then, she was all ready to ripe out the skull from the bag and do a poor ventriloquism act for whoever opened the door but, it didn't quite turn out that way. Partially because when she reached her hand into the bag to grab on to the skull, she reached for the jaw and it snapped at her fingers.

"Fu---tastic to meet you!" The change up came as soon as the door opened up and she saw the old man at the door. Now Vesta may have been a girl from the odd side of the Chicago train, but she was taught to watch her tongue when it came to those with a hoary head. Course, in Rhy'din a person who looks 20 can be 500 years old. but she wouldn't treat them the same as him.

Good thing that he wasn't wanting to shake their hands because hers was still there inside the bag, a tight grin on her face as she tried to get her fingers out of the skull's mouth. Keep it cool, Vesta, it's only bones with a death grip on your fingers.

"She had my bag, I had the creepy stalker guys, and then we had this!" Her declaration was made as she pulled her hand out of the bag, with poor Yorick biting on the fingers of her right hand.

"We met someone, and he has a grip of death." Literally.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:56 am

She could be downright merciless when she wanted to be! Where was the fun in life if you didn't let yourself have a good laugh at someone else's expense now and then? Hopefully she and Vesta would remain the dynamic pranking duo, the Inn looked sturdy enough, but would it survive a prank war between the two of them?

Oh heavens! Seemed that Vesta's plan to scare Rodry was ill conceived, Yorick being as uncooperative as he was! Aurora couldn't help but give a little giggle at her sudden reaction after reaching into the bag. Well, her father probably would have thought it silly anyhow! Once she had drawn her new friend, Yorick, from it's confines, one of her hands reached up to cover her mouth. The grin she was wearing was hardly appropriate for the situation. "I guess it's because you have a personality he can really sink his teeth into?"

Well, there went the imperious, matured face she had been wearing. The wide smile that lit up her features looked far more natural! She stood up on her toes to give her fathers cheek a light kiss as she slipped past. Still chuckling quietly, though she expected he would be more than willing to help poor Vesta recover her fingers! "I'm sorry I took so long, just couldn't manage to leave home without remembering something else."

Even if Yorick did manage to bite them off, he had a relatively short digestive track, so it wasn't like she wouldn't get them back soon, either way! "I got that book you were asking after as well." Talking over her shoulder while she headed to put her bag down and dig out what she had picked up for Rodry! She didn't expect that he would require her help in order to remove Vesta's poor fingers from Yorick's gullet. Yorick didn't seem like the servant of a powerful necromancer, so he shouldn't be strong enough to cause any real problems. For vesta or her Father.

Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:12 am

Rodry wasn't anywhere near the age that he appeared, though Rodry would certainly consider that a plus. Looking this age provided him with extremely different reactions from people. Even those that he had known before! Yet the sudden apperance of his daughter with a companion had surprised him! Especially since she was an unfamiliar human of all things! Though from that greeting when he had opened the door, she certainly seemed ... enthusiastic!

He leaned down faintly to meet Aurora's greeting kiss, even if he was quite curiously glancing over the animated skull that was holding Vesta's fingers in a vice-like grip! Well, that was quite unique, at least for his most recent return to Rhy'Din. Here he had thought all of the undead were covered with the shiny veneer of pop culture now adays!

"Well as long as we're having a horrible pun party Daughter, it looks like he's got a bone to pick with your new friend."

Shaking his head faintly before his gloved hand was reaching out to lightly touch Vesta's arm near the shoulder. Encouraging her inside. Pointing with his cane towards the desk on the far side of the room. He imagined that the straight forward approach would be the most effective in removing the skull from her hand! Once she had cleared the doorway he headed after her, not nearly as much weight was on that cane, so it left his triple step far less pronounced than usual.

"Just go ahead and take a seat, I've got just the thing to remove it. I figured you had a reason, I've done well to try not and fret."

Rodry gave a faint grin, though he was soon digging through the drawers, searching for the link spreader pliers he used for his jewelery making.It only took a second drawers slide before he was pulling loose the specified tool. The rubber coated tips would do well to keep from tearing up Yorick's teeth.

"Rodry Pol and who might you be? I hope you don't make a habit of being bitten by strange creatures do you? I assure you that if Rhy'Din is half as dangerous as it once was, it would certainly be hazardous to your health."

Chuckling quietly, even if he was patting the desk for Aurora's attention. She could put the book there for safe keeping until he passed it on. He held the pliers up, clicking them for emphasis.

"Now, are we going to let go or do it the hard way?"

For the first time speaking to the skull as if it were more than just an inanimate object.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey, this guy seemed to be a-okay for and old man. He had jokes anyway and who didn't like a person who had a flare for the comical?

Unless Yorick thought he was being funny. Biting people was not funny! Bad animated skull! Bad!

Vesta proceeded to the desk while giving a few more flicks of her wrist, just to see if the skull would be a good sport and fall off. Unfortunately that wasn't happening and her wrist was turning that purple red color from loss of circulation. "The last person that tried to bite me got real acquainted with my boot in his face. He lost a fang and I strung it around a cord and wear it as a necklace as a victory prize!" Oh yeah, she was proud of that!

"But now he's sporting a gold fang like a Caribbean Vampire Pimp so it's probably for the better." Being directed to the desk ,and having Rodry Pol tap at it, she thought he meant for her to hop up. Well. Okay! A little tricky with one hand but she did it!

"Rodry Pol, I'm Vesta Voui and the skull her is Yorick - thought it fitting."

As it was being addressed by her and Rodry Pol it only answered with a series of: "Aruf hu oul hau ah-ho" Couldn't actually expect it to be understood with a mouthful of fingers! Besides, to be understood he'd have to let go and, right now, in whatever reasoning animated skulls had, it didn't know if letting go was a good idea or not.

"I got a personality of something, Aurora, that makes people want to bite me!" A brief pause. "As long as your dad doesn't try to bite me I think we're okay."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 am

Aurora had gotten that from her Old Man, so it should have been expected. At least she would think so! While Vesta met her Father and explained about another sort of being he had encouraged her not to socialize with, she couldn't help but 'eavesdrop'on their conversation, even if she was in the process of taking care of unpacking the things she had brought for him.

If Vesta was paying any mind to Aurora, perhaps she would notice that she was pulling out far more from her bag than should have feasably fit into the little cloth clutch. Folded clothing in outlandish colors, shoes and books. She took the time to set them out on the floor near where the bag had been set down, Rodry's daughter kneeling upon the floor as she unpacked some things. Taking her time in drawing the items in against her chest before rising. "You knew a vampire? Dad knew a few vampires in his day, not counting our mother."

A neat little stack made on the counter top, well out of the way, so that she could return for more. Though she was soon drawing something that couldn't have possibly fit into that little clutch! One moment she was reaching into the bag with both hands as if searching for a difficult compact or gloss tube only to pull and push up to her feet. Dragging free a cushion, which let a hand reach down to grab hold of a leg, lifting the awkward piece of furniture and shaking the end that the bag was stuck on. The clutch seemed to fight to hold on, just as Yorick was! Aurora however manhandled what was unmistakably a chaise lounger until the bag dropped to the floor, falling over and spilling out a pair of boots that looked like they might have fit an ogre they were so big!

Soon she was dragging the lounger to one side of the room, where it would be out of the way until her father was free to assist with dictating where he wanted all this stuff she had brought! "Maybe dad could help you with keeping Yorick from biting anymore. Could always pull all his teeth. Right?
Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:13 am

Where was the fun in life if you couldn't enjoy a bit of humor now and then? Little did Vesta know that Aurora's mischievous tendencies hadn't simply come out of nowhere, she had most certainly inherited and learned them from someplace!

While Rodry's physical body showed it's age, there was nothing fragile or decrepit about the mind that it housed. Those deep blue eyes of his studied the strange human that Aurora had drummed up. Who had seemed to have come to him with a bit of a problem with her new accessory. Rodry was surprised that she had apparently managed to knock out someones fang without losing something simularly valuable to herself in the process! A vampire especially. They were usually so very attached to their fangs!

Left hand grasped Yorick by an eye socket, guiding Vesta to turn so that she could rest the skulls weight upon the desk rather than dangling from her fingers and worsening the scraping and pinching that the skulls teeth were already doing! Even if he did spare a sudden look at Aurora's words referencing their mother. One that didn't look entirely pleased by the knowledge that she was sharing with an 'outsider'.

"Here I thought all male vampires thought that they were pimps already ... you really shouldn't encourage such behavior."

A faint smirk rested upon his lips, something that did soften his face and accentuate the smile lines upon his features rather than the lines of stress. While he hadn't exactly meant for Vesta to hop onto the desk, he didn't mind. It certainly made it more convenient for him to work with the skull with her sitting higher. Less strain on his back.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I take it you are a fan of Shakespeare? Though I can't help but wonder if it is appropriate. He doesn't seem overly friendly..."

While he spoke, he was maneuvering the pliers into place. The slender rubber tips sliding between the skulls clenched teeth. A firm squeeze was enough to part his teeth enough via force in order for Vesta to free her fingers! The elder of the group didn't pay any mind to Aurora's apparently magic bag. A bag of holding wasn't all that complicated of an enchantment...

"I think it is safe to assume that I won't be nibbling on you Vesta. You've hardly done anything to warrant such a thing ..."

Not to even mention the fact that he wasn't particularly fond of the idea of nibbling on someone his daughters age either! Rodry eyeballed Yorick, assuming that Vesta had withdrawn her fingers. leaving him tugging the pliers free of the skulls teeth.

"You can just set things around as you see fit, I'll adjust as I decide where I want things."

The pliers were plunked down on the surface of the desk, holding the skull up by his grasp for Vesta to retrieve. Hopefully without using her fingers as bait this time! Old Rodry couldn't help but chuckle quietly at Aurora's suggestion however. Yanking the skulls teeth would serve it right considering it's own biting tendencies!

"If you wish I suppose we could knock some of his teeth out. The better to keep him from catching you off-guard with another bite when you least expect it."

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:15 pm

"It is possible that he only isn't friendly because we're not who he was expecting?" Was she actually offering up a defense for Yorick's actions? Sure seemed that way! "In his perspective we could be kidnappers and trying to separate my appendages his only means of defending himself. Though I suppose knocking him around in the bag didn't help him like me any better." The skull did find himself from wherever it had come from to be in Vesta's bag. She certainly had no idea how it got there!.

Fingers free she flexed them and gave each a good rub with the fingers of her other hand to work the circulation back in. "The vampire I know is only a half vampire, maybe that's why I was able to knock out one of his teeth," and she gave a pause to her words as she reached for those pliers. "Though, actually, I suppose, my boot's the one that knocked out the tooth. Anyway, I call him Gilligan, like the guy from that show. Run into some pretty ah.. well.. you know."

"I don't know much about vampire but..." with the free hand she was pointing to her mouth, "that can't be the reason for those, right? Your Da's here seemed normal?" The teeth, of course. While Vesta hadn't been staring into Rodry's mouth while he talked she thought she would have noticed if he had razor sharp ivories!

While they were on the subject of teeth..... "Maybe Yorick can keep his teeth. Needs to be able to talk, right?" She wasn't even going to think about how it was able to talk without vocal cords, a tongue, and a set of lips. In Rhy'din, sometimes things simply had to be accepted or a person would go insane with trying to find logical reasoning.

Take for instance the boots that came toppling out fo Aurora's bag? Looking at them and then looking at the other girls feet, they simply didn't seem to go together. So she looked at Rodry's feet - maybe they were his shoes?- but his feet appeared normal?

"My, Aurora...what.. big feet you have?" Unless she was a klepto or simply liked to collect overly large shoes? Then again, who's to say she didn't have on magically enhanced shoes that, when put on, hides the real size of her feet?

This was Rhydin after all. A talking skull being held by pliers, girl with a vampire mother, shoes that disguise feet, sure! Why not.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm

"Oh is that where the name comes from?" Apparently Aurora hadn't caught that joke of hers. Vesta was on her own for her next Shakespere-ian reenactment club. Even with cue cards Aurora might have to turn her down!"If he had some arms you could always offer to crawl into a bag. That way he could return the favor, but he doesn't." After having settled the lounger out of the way she was headed over their way. Peering over Vesta's shoulder at the nasty tempered Yorick! "Now you be careful with biting. Didn't anyone ever teach you to mind your manners?" Was she scolding the skull? Though it did put Aurora in a rather perfect position for Vesta to eyeball her mouth a little more closely.

Aurora was even sporting a wide smile, one that had shown off what were entirely normal appearing teeth. Though come to think of it, what was to say that Rodry wasn't sporting a secret sharks grin? "Oh no, our teeth are perfectly normal. My mother happens to be a very normal vampire." As normal as you could consider the walking undead anyways!

Vesta's question did have her looking a bit embarassed. She hadn't been at her best to say the least when she had been flashing her teeth that way! "What about Blink though, if Yorick gets hold of that little guy who knows how it would turn out." Right? Not like Blink knew kung-fu with which to fight off the calcified creep! Vesta earned a little chuckle at her question. Though she was lifting a foot for emphasis. "Thats just mean, I would just die if I had my dads feet! No offense Father."

She excused herself from their company at Rodry's Desk. Once more proving that she had very normal sized feet with her dainty steps. Standing beside the bootsmade them look that much larger. Really they looked like the owners boots would be large enough for Aurora to put both feet in one and still have breathing room! "I'll just put these in the closet."

Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:51 am

Now there was an exotic way to look at why the skull might have bitten her. Most likely wrong, but certainly unique. Rodry was at least thoughtful enough to not point out such in a way that he thought rude, simply offered a smile and silence in response to her questioning tone. Classic 'square' adult reaction on his part!

"It would depend more upon his directives. Which I doubt were to chew on the fingers of the first young lady who happened to reach for him. An animated skeleton typically doesn't feel pain ... it makes them more efficient in their tasks at times. I once knew a fellow who purchased one exclusively for the purpose of harvesting mushrooms that grew deep in befouled mines."

Without pain or the fear of death, they were already dead, animated dead were typically used as low grade guards. They tended to get disobedient when one restored too much of their lost personality! Rodry had enough experience with re-animated corpses to suspect that Yorick might have been one of that number.

"...I have not met this Vampire Gilligan, though it seems that their number seem to lurk around this place...

Oh Rodry was quick to shoot Aurora a glance at Vesta's question on their teeth. Now, why would Vesta wonder after their teeth, unless his daughter had not been careful during whatever time they had spent together before coming to see him? His attention returned to Vesta, the disarming smile he offered did look perfectly normal. very human, very straight, square teeth. Downright boring one might say. Nothing like the sharp fang filled maw his daughter had displayed, however briefly during her momentary annoyance! Rodry was quick to speak up on Yorick's teeth before Aurora or Vesta could go further into the mystery of his sapphire haired daughter's teeth!

"I am sure that Yorick would be perfectly fine if we knocked a few of them out. It's a magical effect that lets him talk."

Looked like Aurora was determined to leave her old man doing some rather quick mental tap dancing with her responses. Luckily his mind had not suffered as his body had. It was still rapier sharp, for the most part anyways ...

"They're my .. galoshes. Hate to ruin a pair of nice traveling boots or my dress shoes when the whether is foul. The rest of the unpacking can wait until later Aurora."

While Rodry didn't expect for Vesta to cause any trouble ... he knew that a humans curiosity was a dangerous thing to tempt! Rodry slid a hand beneath Yorick's cranium. Cradling his head so that his palm rested where the human spinal column would have attached. Keeping his own long fingers safely behind and out of the way of the skulls teeth.

"I would suggest holding him like so, or by the eye-sockets in order to avoid getting pinched or bitten."

His fingers slid into the eye-sockets to demonstrate. The crimson light of unholy animated life provided no resistance, Yorick was presented to Vesta, back first. Hopefully to preserve her fingers this time.

"Here's your skull back, perhaps it would be best if you tucked him away someplace for the time being."

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Call her strange - everyone else did - but to see someone with perfect teeth, such as the ones that Rodry Pol here was displaying, was rather odd. It was the type of thing she related to famous people and the rich, the ones who were able to afford to get that picture perfect smile. So the 'Wow' she near soundlessly sprout off was more to herself than anyone in particular.

"Blink is rather protective about his nuts. I think if Yorick here, or anybody, handled them wrong, that squirrel have a thing or two to say about it." Anyone who's seen that animal jump all over nuts would know that Blink could be a bit 'overly excited' about them.

Vesta turned to look over at Auroa while Rodry was investigating the enchanted skull. "Not implying anything bad about your feet to be insulting or not, I never know what to expect around here." least she was truthful in it. "But since they are your Dads……" trailed that right off and her he'd swiveled back around to look at Rodry - or, actually, his feet. He did say that they were his!

"I guess you like a lot of room in your shoes….?" Unless he had a special thing to mask the real size of his feet.

Then it was back to the skull! "I suppose he can go back in my bag. You should have seen this place last year, odd vampires all around. And a goddess." Pursing her lips tougher a moment before reaching to take the skull, just as he had shown.

"The Tel happens to draw interesting people I think."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:45 am

"Sure thing Dad." Pointedly thumping her bag down onto the coffee table. She hadn't missed that pointed tone that made his subtle annoyance clear. She could almost hear him going 'stop making trouble'! That had her half tempted to continue unpacking, till she found something truly difficult for him to explain away! "Well there's no accounting for attatchment to things that are replacable. Right?"

Giving her old man an innocent little grin at that jab that she felt was sly enough to maybe slip past him and vesta both! "Well I'm just glad you still have use of your fingers. Devilish little thing might've taken them off if his Master or Mistress thought to sharpen his teeth." Which wasn't that unsusual, right?

"Oh I know you didn't ... not really anyway. I mean you've seen my feet, so you knew I didn't have such large ones." Seemed that Aurora was a bit sensitive about her feet for whatever reason, perhaps it was simply her appearance in general? Would certainly explain the care she had gone to in order to dress stylishly! Perhaps it was having to deal with the yoke that her Father had her toiling under with his perfect dress shirts and creased pants and that blasted just-right smile of his?

"It drew Fissure and I well enough. In turn bringing Father. So it is drawing interesting people still!"

Aurora was taking the liberty of drumming up Vesta's bag, helping hold it open wide so that Yorick would perhaps not decide to try and be difficult by biting hold of the bag or anything silly like that!

Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Well, it seemed that ol' Rodry's thought to show her his normal teeth had backfired in a way. Since it only made him seem more curious with those perfect teeth rather than some snaggletoothed maw that would have been more befitting a man of his age. That soft exclaimation had him glancing briefly in the small mirror hanging above his desk as if to make sure she wasn't 'wowing' over something that wasn't as it should be! Left gloved hand rose to rub over the lower part of his face, almost as if he were checking if it were yet time for him to shave again.

On the subject of hair however, perhaps during Vesta's study of Aurora's father she would have used her rump-upon-desk perch to eyeball the tall old fellow. To study the fact that while the two of them seemed close enough their features were not simular in any way that one could consider familiar other than their startlingly blue eyes. Well that and the subtle touch of blue that was rising from his scalp. Almost as if he were in need of a root touch up to complete the iron gray hue of his hair, most of the length of which had been gathered in a thick braid that was tucked down the neck of his shirt and out of sight.

"..... I will have to keep in mind that I don't go grabbing for your squirrels nuts then."

Rodry's tone made it entirely clear that he wasn't sure exactly what she was talking about with her squirrels 'nuts'.

At Vesta's pointed investigatory glance Rodry lifted his foot, he was wearing a pair of dress shoes, polished to a high sheen. Allowing her the freedom to double check and make sure there wasn't some secret compartment or some such that he was hiding the rest of his feet in! While his feet were large, as befit his frame, they had to be at least a twelve or thirteen. Despite the fact that they were far from his daughters petite shoe size, they were a far cry from housing the feet that would be needed to fill the boots in question.

"Surely you don't go barefoot in your galoshes, I always wear shoes or my traveling boots in them. They're my rain and mud boots."

Surely Vesta had worn a pair of those yellow rubber boots to go splashing in puddles before? So what if Rodry's were not made of rubber or yellow, they were heavy and made of thick leather, the sort of thing that one would expect to wear more for construction work than anything else!

The bag when his daughter presented it, was of course where Yorick was going! The quiet skull easted into the bag before extracting his hand while rolling him so he would be face down. Let him chew on the bottom of the bag rather than Vesta's back if she decided to put it on again.

"Ah. I suppose you would mean Azlin. As for all of the vampire's that are running about, I thank you for the warning."

One could never know when something a simple as breaking a glass or biting one's lip could incite a feeding frenzy, especially in Rhy'Din and it's outlying areas now adays!

"Which reminds me Young Lady."

Turning on Aurora, leaving his back to Vesta for the time being. He placed on fist on his hip. His other hand reaching out to lightly grasp her slender shoulder. Leveling a stern look her way. Oh he was far too suspicious to think that they had just happened to pick this place of all the possible places they could have chosen as the one to try and encourage him to attend.

"We are going to have to have a talk. I don't like walking into places blind and being cheated of need to know information!"

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:48 pm

When it came to drawing in strange people, "I wonder what type of people your dad will drawn in then, hmm?" That 'hmm' said with a wide and curious smile directed at Rodry. Going by what Aurora said, it was his turn to bring someone! Could turn the whole thing into one of those pyramid things that salesmen used. Each one, bring one! Even if Vesta hasn't 'technically' brought anyone yet.

Vesta had no problem in depositin the skull back into the bag that - might as well - be his home. For a moment she thought about how Yorick might be feeling after his dental work but, he hadn't complained earlier when he was being bashed around the bag. It would probably be odd if a skull could feel.

With him put away Vesta got down from the table and shut the bag. "Uh, Azlin doesn't really ring a bell," admitted with a scrunching up of her nose. "Unless, of course, Azlin has long red hair to the floor and wears latex?" The last bit was on the confusing side. She couldn't really remember what the goddess vampire was wearing, but she had seen enough vampire movies to know that was a choice clothing item?

And, on the subject of clothing, "If I ever wore galoshes, then I can't remember," she said with a shrug as she shouldered the bag-home of Yorick. "What I do remember is my mother getting on me about have sneakers soaked to the core and getting a cold from wet feet."

Vesta gave them both a smile and took a step back towards the door, she didn't want to impose too much on the father-daughter reunion. "I'll just be getting on along here, see how Blink likes our new, uh, roommate." What else was she suppose to call Yorick?
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 pm

"Knowing him he'll be trying his best to stay out of trouble. He says it's what happens when you 'grow up'." Doing her best to avoid her papa's gaze when she said this! While Aurora had gotten her outlandish tendencies and sense of humor from her father it was not something that had shown in him for several years. Not since he had started to get sick... Vesta was the kind of friend that Aurora needed, 'normal' unlike the few people she had gotten to meet, before being allowed to go out into the 'big bad world'!

Yorick could probably complain and whine if she gave him the chance, but it seemed that he was giving the lot of them the silent treatment. For he had been quiet despite being talked about and man handled. Vesta could only hope that his behavior would continue to be mellow! "You sure we shouldn't knock a couple of his teeth out? You could add them to your necklace!" Sounding like she was almost dissapointed they wouldn't be yanking the skulls teeth!

At the question at that being Azlin or not, she was giving her father a look as if she would have to really wonder whether he was hanging about with women in latex! Even if she was being distracted by Vesta's sudden need to run, which had her reaching out to grasp her arm lightly. Perhaps Vesta's pressence would save her from a lecture from her father, it would figure that Fissure wouldn't be around to help distract him when he realized what had happened! "It's ok, really! You can stay a little longer can't you? We could go and get some lunch or something after me and dad get done unpacking."
Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 am

While it would be a stretch to say he would be trying to draw anyone in, Rhy'Din was hardly known for being logical or conforming to anyones expectations! In general however, his daughter had his tendencies pretty well described, though just because he was going to try and stay out of trouble didn't mean it would be a successful attempt! Especially considering what he had recently discovered before Aurora had come to visit. His children were far from promoting a peaceful, restful time here for him, but he felt that may be intentional on their part! They couldn't have picked this place without being aware of those who made this place their haunt or home!

Yorick would probably be complaining a tad more if they had actually gone through with that forced tooth extraction, but considering it had been avoided, he likely wouldn't have much complaining to do! Rodry was busy, going through his tools to take stock of what he had and could spare when she mentioned that 'Azlin' may have been in latex and sporting red hair, which had him glancing Vesta's way momentarily, taking up a pair of pliers much like the ones he had used to pry open Yorick's mouth. Offering them to her.

"You must be much closer to Azlin than I ever was if your seeing her in latex."

After all if Azlin had been strutting her stuff and been coated in latex .... well. That hardly seemed appropriate for wear anyplace other than someplace private!

"You can have this pair, just slip the rubber coated tips between the jaws and squeeze, on the off chance that he gets a hold of you or your squirrel's nuts."

No doubt Vesta could sense the father daughter 'reunion' was going to turn into a father-scolding-daughter speech more than anything. Rodry's old features cracked in a brief smile, his hand lightly pushing it's palm upon her shoulder.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Vesta, feel free to come and visit if you care to or if you find anything else you may want to make into jewelery. I find it is one of my hobbies."

Hence the tools. Though considering the painting above his desk, showing him brandishing a great sword and looking decidedly buff-er and more powerful than he appeared now, one would have to wonder after his other hobbies. Even if it had been the product of an imaginative young woman's mind.

"You can play with your new friend later Aurora. We have unpacking and talking to do."

Shooing Aurora back to 'work' while he lead Vesta to the door, still being polite despite his 'wanting' to get rid of her. In order to talk on things that weren't meant to be public conversation!
Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down